October 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Styling Products - Oscar Blandi - Jasmine Oil Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by cushiekisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

On my 4th bottle of this... love it. No matter what I try, I keep coming back. I love it because it does not weigh down my hair, yet leaves it silky smooth, plus come on, you have to love the smell! It's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by CatGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those people who snagged a deluxe sample of this product from Sephora and fell in love immediately. My hair is thick and coarse and it's very important that my hair serum tame frizz and add shine without weighing it down. This serum does just that! My hair looks and feels healthier but not oily or greasy. It's super-lightweight (on my hair, anyway--it might be a little much for fine hair) and I find the jasmine smell absolutely intoxicating. I only wish the scent lasted a little longer. It's a little pricey for my taste but a little goes a long way, so even the sample size lasted well beyond what I thought it might. All I do is rub 2-3 drops between my palms and run it through my hair after I blow-dry, making sure to concentrate most of the product on the ends.
My only qualm is the synthetic silicone-loaded nature of this product. I could definitely do without the 'cones but my hair is fairly resilient so I'll continue to smooth my strands with this a few times a week.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

I absolutely love this product! I received this as a little sample and it smells and feels great! It's a liquid and I use about a nickel size amount and rub it all through my wet hair and blow dry. I love the smell. It's so refreshing and it smells like jasmine!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Misha40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Moroccan Oil and wanted to try something new. I received this as a sample from Sephora and liked it so much I bought a full-sized bottle. The smell is a great jasmine. I have wavy blonde hair that's just past my shoulders. Because my hair is thick and dry on the ends from highlighting, I usually need 3-4 drops of serums, but I only need 2 for this. I either comb it through damp hair, braid, and go, or I use it as a finisher for great shine after I blow dry. It's pricey, but because I only need so little each time, this bottle will last me quite a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by LILYLOO

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The smell is soo lovely, it silkens my hair and gives it a beautiful shine. It's not a miracle product, but it definitely helps to keep the frizzies away. It's a bit of a splurge, but you don't need to use tons of product so it will last a long time. It's love for me! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Swapped for a deluxe sample about 1 month ago. I am very pleased. I have used a dime size of the product everyother day when I blow dry my hair and love the managablity and shine. Smells wonderful. Will buy after I finish the sample (which is still about 70% full)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by kmarisms41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like this product and it last a long time but i've read that silicone based serums make hair shiny but don't let any moisture into your hair so i dont think ill be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2011 11:30:00 PM More reviews by ktmalady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This tames my mane. Finally, a hair oil that doesn't grease up your mop. I tried this as a sample and I loved it so much, I bought a bottle at Sephora. A little goes a long long way, so use it sparingly. I find that if I brush my wet hair straight and smooth it down and blow dry, my hair stays straight and smooth all day long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2011 5:21:00 AM More reviews by AbsoluteScentualist

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm another Sephora shopper who fell in love with this product. I read about it some years ago but back then, I thought the price was too high for what it claimed to deliver. After educating myself about the constant needs of my hair (I'm multi-racial as is my daughter and we're always learning something new about what our hair likes and loathes), I've learned to adjust cost and think in terms of how well a product performs as I feel it's worth a little extra if the product actually does what it claims.

When I had the option to pick up a deluxe sample of this as a VIB offer through Sephora, I figured why not? Cost wise it is right up there with another of my fave lines, Moroccanoil, and I could have kicked myself after spending 100 points when I could have gotten the same item for a song off Evilbay, which is just what I did after I tried Olio di Jasmine for a week and knew this was a 'must have' product. I eventually even went for the full size bottle since I found it on special for 15% off.

For a brief hair bio, my hair is just to my shoulders, tends to be dry with some split ends, and is relaxed. I try to keep heat usage to a minimum (a couple times a month) and usually wear it back during the day and wrapped at night. I also dye my hair a couple times a year and use olive oil religiously or coconut oil when my dye's faded and a little more fade from the coconut oil won't matter.

There are so many things I love about this product! The serum is very concentrated with a lovely bit of slip which is probably due, in large part, to all the 'cones', but my hair loves them and they play nice and don't cause me too many problems. I did use up one of my 5ml bottles in about a month and a half, but I have extremely thick and coarse hair when I get in lots of new growth, and sometimes have to use more product when it's been a while since I've relaxed it. It's been four months since I last relaxed my hair and I pretty much resign myself to a certain amount of frizz no matter my efforts. This product helped tremendously with the taming of that frizz. I apply it after spraying in a bit of a home made leave in conditioner by squirting maybe a dime size or less into my palms, rubbing my hands together and working it through with my fingers from roots to ends. Then I brush, style and go.

There is a definite difference in my hair when I use this. It's smoother, sleek and soft to the touch, smells just fantastic and is very easy to manage. It also works beautifully as a pre-treatment when using heated styling products (curling iron and dryer) on my hair and helps tame fly-aways. And while it isn't cheap by any means, I think the full size bottle will last me for months.

I don't think this product alone works miracles on my hair because I have such stubborn, curly and difficult to manage hair. But the fact that I detect an obvious improvement in my own irritating tresses speaks to the amazing quality of this product. I will definitely buy again, plan on trying it out on my daughter and have ordered other items in the line to see if they work as well. If you're tempted but are put off by the price, there are usually lots of the 5ml trial size bottles on Ebay for a steal. I'd say pick one up there and give it a try if you've been on the fence due to the cost, but don't be surprised if you fall in love, too. It's great stuff even for a jaded c/d/product junkie like myself.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I, too, got a free deluxe-sized sample from Sephora of this lovely smelling serum that is loaded with 'cones. So of course it makes your hair shiney. Meanwhile, it smells good and works fairly well on my fine, dry hair. I will not purchase the full bottle though because the ingredients are too synthetic.