August 1, 2014 | 1833 users online

Fragrances - Molinard - Nirmala

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2006 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Aeren

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Come on, folks. Get real. This IS Angel!!! This is the fragrance Angel ripped off and were taken to court over. Want proof? Spray Nirmala on one arm and Angel on the other. Then ask someone who wears Angel which one is Angel! The result? Confusion. I've done this numerous times and the response I most often hear is: "They're BOTH Angel!" But that's OK. The Angel people got theirs. Bond No. 9 Nuit De Noho is a total rip off of Angel.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by SensualSusanna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is indeed similar to Angel -- however it is more mellow and less sharp than Angel. It's also about 10 times less expensive than Angel. It's exotic tropical fruits, precious woods and spices are intoxicatingly bold. This is a head turner scent for sure. It's loud -- and the kind of scent that can roar at times; and even bite if you are not cautious about spritzing lightly. Not for a quiet night at home or a restaurant, in fact --- it could alter your taste buds (or those of people around you) if you're not careful. It's a "notice me scent" for sure. Beware! This fragrance is strong and people might not appreciate it's beauty in every occasion. Please don't be one of those wearers that knocks other's away by their perfume. Use sparingly and keep it lovely. Otherwise you're likely to get ticketed by the fragrance police.... YES Girls they are out there and they're coming after you!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2006 2:29:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is heavenly in a way that makes me feel like a child again. I imagine eating jam toast and drinking sugary Kool-aid while I sit on a big, comfortable white couch while I clutch at my Rainbow Brite horse. Nirmala notes: mango, passion fruit, grapefruit, mandarine, jasmine, tonka bean, sandalwood, vanilla, cedarwood. The heavier scents are light, but keep the perfume from being too young, so it is suitable for a woman. The bottle is also extremely beautiful with a pouf atomizer. I love grapefruit (most of the time) and this one was done exceptionally. The passion fruit is beautiful and shows itself with every sniff. I would wear this in the spring/summer only.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2006 2:19:00 AM More reviews by potionsandlotions

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nirmala is an Indian name. Nirmala means clean. The prefix nir (meaning out of or away from--the opposite of) preceding "mala", which means dirt or moral/physical impurity. Perhaps this should be re-named Nir-Nirmala, because this is very dirty. Even with those fruity notes and that girly feel it has in the opening, this is still somewhat sexy and very dirty. This is a grown up fruity floral. I like what the "dirt" does to it as it makes this wearable for me. I don't usually wear fruity florals well, and I am not fond of many of them, but this is done much better than many more fragrances selling out there for so much more money. I am giving it 4/5 because it is still a tad too sweet for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2006 2:57:00 PM More reviews by greeneyed07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is said to have citrus fruit(mandarin, grapefruit) and exotic fruit(passion fruit, mango) along with jasmine, fleur-des-iles (island flowers) with a base of vanilla, tonka, sandalwood and blue cederwood. I have to be in a certain mood for this one...first applied it is heavy with a sugary, fruity sweetness and a touch of clean with a smooth, soft and slightly warm undertone. It stays pretty much the same all evening (the sweetness begins to fade slightly) and it does last a while. A tad will do so if you have a nose that becomes immune to scents after an hour please don't reapply because you will choke those around you. I found this because I read people related it to angel. This isn't angel so stop comparing. It was sweeter than I thought it would be but interesting none the less.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2006 6:23:00 AM More reviews by dinazad

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When I applied this, I immediately looked down to see if I had become suddenly rotund, rosy and fuzzy, and then I looked around for some foliage to shyly peep out of: this is what you smell like when you're a very ripe, juicy, sun-warmed peach. Then I got buttery, almond, sweet notes: somebody had obviously picked the peach, framed it in buttery pastry and bedded it in frangipane almond cream, as befits its luscious nature. The drydown was sweet: confectioner's sugar and licked fingers. Not a fragrance I would buy, not being a peachy female, but delicious nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2006 10:04:00 PM More reviews by SpinDiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I do my patchouli happy dance!???

I LOVE THIS SCENT. This is angel with B.O... with a touch of pineapple thrown in. Does that sound dismal? I bet it does - but it is FABULOUS!!! If you are another 40 somthing hippie, who still would prefer barefoot to going to the office, and the Grateful Dead was your music of choice - and you still think patchouli is the BEST scent on the planet - this one is for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2006 10:53:00 AM More reviews by carlyannemckay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

You know I use to think Angel was a groundbreaking fragrance. It was different from anything I'd ever smelled before. I am in my 20's so I don't have alot to compare to it. But I am embarresed to say that I have finally smelled the classic Molinard, Nirmala. Now I KNOW Angel is but a rip-off of this incredible original. I'm sorry I ever wore Angel. This is perfection in a bottle. Just not in Florida!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2006 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Quarry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Quince and pear juice with cocoa powder in the far distance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Goddess_Dreams

I just love this fragrance! It has been compared to Angel time and time again, but in my opinion there is no comparison. Nirmala is exceedingly seductive and intoxicating, while I find Angel to be far too strong and just crude. Angel is totally in your face kind of a fragrance whereas Nirmala, while definitely there, is softer yet more seductive in a warm and lingering kind of way. Additional bonus is that there is a subtle but definitely there scent of vetiver oil which possesses pretty intense sedative/relaxant property that had been traditionally used in aromatherapy for relieving stress, and anxiety as well as insomnia. So on top of being able to enjoy a fabulous fragrance and smell excitingly enticing, you also feel that cool sexiness that comes only from a relaxed self-confidence that Nirmala is sure to give off :) Oh yeah and my husband is convinced that this is the epitome of THE sex-in-the-bottle scent....