July 25, 2014 | 1909 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by melina87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay first of all, its not cheap!
I bought this at Mecca, the lady told me this is discontinued and only available at their store?Hmmm. Anyway, I love the look of this pencil, its gorgeous!and ofcourse not just the look but the performance is great too. The colour is perfect for my brows, its nothing like the other brow pencils Ive ever used before. I think this matches most eyebrow colours. it blends in sooo well with my short trimmed eyebrows and matched my brown hair colour well. it gives a very natural look. I love love love this product. two things i didnt like about this is the price and how easy it is to break!I got home after i bought it and I dropped it..and snap, the whole pencil broke and came out.. it still works but Im quiet dissapointed as it is quiet expensive..would i buy it again?yes. but i wish i could get it cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works for filling in brows AND keeping them in place, I got this during the Sephora sale so it was super cheap, but I wouldn't buy this at regular price. Blonde is a little warm for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. Brunette is the most perfect color for my brows ever, and I should know because I've tried all the brow products from MUFE, Dior, MAC, Laura Mercier, Anastasia, Clinique, Physician's Formula, Maybelline, Lancome, and Tarte to name just a few. Out of all the dozens of brow pencils and powders I've tried, Kevyn Aucoin's is the best. Of course, I too am obsessed with my brows and the color has to be absolutely perfect. Dior's version in Universal Brown comes the closest to matching KA's pencil but it's a touch lighter and more golden. Everything else is either too dark or too warm. I am a yellow-toned NC20 (I don't like to tan so I never get dark) with dark ashy-brown-almost-black hair but I have sparse brows and a somewhat flat Asian face so I can't pull off dark, strong brows.

The Precision Brow Pencil has the perfect hardness, texture, and finest point for perfect brows. The color is a perfect neutral brown that can be built up for an almost-black color. However, if you require a darker brown for your brows, I would recommend using a darker brow pencil because KA is not cheap and you will go through a pencil quickly. I only need to fill in gaps in my brows and shape them a little to make them more arched and symmetrical so a pencil will last me for months unless I drop it and break of the lead, which I've done a few times. I love that the lead is retractable. Not only does this help protect it from breaking off, I can also see when I'm about to run out. I used to use a mascara spoolie to blend the color through my brows so I find the tiny spoolie brush in the end very handy. It works great for adding just enough color to the front of my brows with product left in the bristles.

I find that pencils work better for me for shaping my brows so I stick with pencils. The Precision Brow Pencil looks the best on me and lasts all day. I get lots of compliments on the few days when I manage to get the shape of my brows just right. My makeup just doesn't look finished without filling in my brows. I live in fear of this pencil being discontinued. I always keep at least three as backups but I still have a mini panic attack whenever I try to order more and Brunette is out of stock. Kevyn Aucoin is no longer available at Sephora but is currently available online from several beauty retailers.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by nemona7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this brow pencil! the color is perfect for me & pencil allows for precise application; just wish it was cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS. it seems like a sort of trivial product, but i have sparse brows, and this product is a lifesaver. it looks very natural and applies easily. the brown color is a little grey, which really adds authenticity to the color (often others have too much richness). very pricey, but if brows are an important part of your look, id consider this a worthy investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is awesome for shading and filling in brows! The only thing that disappoints me is that it isn't available in more brunette shades! If there were more choices of colours, it would be amazing! Still, it works very well. Wish it wasn't so expensive here in Australia too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My brows are pretty full, but I sometimes get a bit of a bare patch if I'm not careful with the tweezers. This brow pencil delivers extremely realistic results. It blends in perfectly and you really can't tell that it's not a natural part of my brows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 9:46:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brow pencil is awesome! It is a wind up so there is no sharpening required, and it is very fine which is great for giving a natural look to the brows. It has a mini brow wand at the other end which has a cap so you can brush the brows for a more natural finish. The colour is perfect for me, I use Brunette. The only bad thing about it is the price, and I go through it fairly quickly so I only buy it when I can afford it, otherwise I buy the MAC Eye Brows in Spiked which is AU$20 cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 8:25:00 AM More reviews by jrichardson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely the best. This is not cheap -- about $50 in Australia -- but it's worth every cent. It's very easy to use, with a really fine point that glides on colour. It's almost impossible to overdo it as well -- the colour is so perfect and natural. It also has a great little brush at the other end. One colour suits all tones too. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2009 9:31:00 PM More reviews by tousledelegance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my HG for brows! Since my permanent makeup application on my eyebrows has faded, I draw them on, preferring them very thin and highly arched, so I have been searching for a very small tipped pencil for that sort of Ďdetail work.í Iíve tried some other self sharpening pencils that had fairly small tips, but they just did not get sharp enough to suit me. This one is even smaller than any of those and while it does not come to a point as I had hoped, I find it does not need to be pointy; it is still sharper than any of the others.
This pencil is nearly perfect! Staying power is excellent, which is very important to me since I have no hairs left to work with, lol. It does not smudge, so it would not be a good candidate to use as eyeliner. It is not cakey like so many of the long-wear variety, nor is it shiny like so many eyeliner pencils that Iíve tried to use for brows instead. I can sketch freely with it to get the right size/shape and I can easily remove any excess/mistakes without screwing up the whole brow. Application is smooth; it doesn't grab at all.
The only cons are: 1) the only brunette shade is a light brown, which is considerably lighter than my naturally black hair and 2) it is $24. Still, this pencil is so close to being exactly what I am looking for that I will definitely buy again. I expected quality because of the brand name and I got it. I cannot wait to try some of Kevynís other items.

Edit 12/13/10: I tried the Auburn shade now that my hair is an Intense Copper and it is a perfect match! Wish I'd bought it before spending so much time and money elsewhere trying to find a proper shade for a redhead. Others were simply too brown. Kevyn's auburn is more on the orange side- exactly what I wanted! Finally!