December 20, 2014 | 1144 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:04:00 AM More reviews by fashionbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm reluctant to be one of those people who overstates trivial things, but this seriously changed my life. Ok... sorry I just did that. I had my makeup done at Mecca for a night out, and the lady told me how amazing this product was and showed me how to use it. Since that day I cannot live without this pencil. I noticed I was running out (I probably had a good week of pencil left) and I pretty much ran to Mecca to buy a back up. Having never had the dexterity to do my eyebrows before, I just never bothered. I now love them.

As for the product, I think there is one shade, brunette. I used this for an entire year before realising there was a brush at the other end, because I was trying so hard to be careful not to break it. That said, I believe it has come down in price, and is now $39, so I ripped the end off to discover a great little brush.

The colour is fantastic, I think it would suit a lot of people. I just use feathery strokes and it looks really natural, it just frames the face beautifully and there is no powdery look or stencilled on feel either. If you've been contemplating this, all I can say is that I absolutely love it and will repurchase forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by madamlasher

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Colour: Brown
Purchased: Syd Aus

I really love this brow pencil as it's build-able and natural looking. It really enhances my eye brows and makes them look well manicured. The colour is perfect for my brows, it's a rather neutral cool brown. The brush on the end is handy and helps soften the lines.
But it's rather expensive $50AUD for a small amount so I really only use it for special occasions and use something cheaper for everyday.
It would be ideal if you could get the pencil without the brush for a cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Romanybriannah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hands down the best brow pencil on the market. I have been using it for a few years now and it never fails to impress. Last year it was out of stock for a few months and I had to try and compensate with other brow pencils but nothing even came close. My eye brows are blonde but I like them darker so I use the brunette shade. I also have very fine hair due to over plucking when I was younger but this pencil corrects and perfects my eye brows in seconds. I don't know how I lived without it when it went out of stock but I always make sure I have a spare in case that problem ever arises again!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by melina87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay first of all, its not cheap!
I bought this at Mecca, the lady told me this is discontinued and only available at their store?Hmmm. Anyway, I love the look of this pencil, its gorgeous!and ofcourse not just the look but the performance is great too. The colour is perfect for my brows, its nothing like the other brow pencils Ive ever used before. I think this matches most eyebrow colours. it blends in sooo well with my short trimmed eyebrows and matched my brown hair colour well. it gives a very natural look. I love love love this product. two things i didnt like about this is the price and how easy it is to break!I got home after i bought it and I dropped it..and snap, the whole pencil broke and came out.. it still works but Im quiet dissapointed as it is quiet expensive..would i buy it again?yes. but i wish i could get it cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:13:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works for filling in brows AND keeping them in place, I got this during the Sephora sale so it was super cheap, but I wouldn't buy this at regular price. Blonde is a little warm for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. Brunette is the most perfect color for my brows ever, and I should know because I've tried all the brow products from MUFE, Dior, MAC, Laura Mercier, Anastasia, Clinique, Physician's Formula, Maybelline, Lancome, and Tarte to name just a few. Out of all the dozens of brow pencils and powders I've tried, Kevyn Aucoin's is the best. Of course, I too am obsessed with my brows and the color has to be absolutely perfect. Dior's version in Universal Brown comes the closest to matching KA's pencil but it's a touch lighter and more golden. Everything else is either too dark or too warm. I am a yellow-toned NC20 (I don't like to tan so I never get dark) with dark ashy-brown-almost-black hair but I have sparse brows and a somewhat flat Asian face so I can't pull off dark, strong brows.

The Precision Brow Pencil has the perfect hardness, texture, and finest point for perfect brows. The color is a perfect neutral brown that can be built up for an almost-black color. However, if you require a darker brown for your brows, I would recommend using a darker brow pencil because KA is not cheap and you will go through a pencil quickly. I only need to fill in gaps in my brows and shape them a little to make them more arched and symmetrical so a pencil will last me for months unless I drop it and break of the lead, which I've done a few times. I love that the lead is retractable. Not only does this help protect it from breaking off, I can also see when I'm about to run out. I used to use a mascara spoolie to blend the color through my brows so I find the tiny spoolie brush in the end very handy. It works great for adding just enough color to the front of my brows with product left in the bristles.

I find that pencils work better for me for shaping my brows so I stick with pencils. The Precision Brow Pencil looks the best on me and lasts all day. I get lots of compliments on the few days when I manage to get the shape of my brows just right. My makeup just doesn't look finished without filling in my brows. I live in fear of this pencil being discontinued. I always keep at least three as backups but I still have a mini panic attack whenever I try to order more and Brunette is out of stock. Kevyn Aucoin is no longer available at Sephora but is currently available online from several beauty retailers.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by nemona7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this brow pencil! the color is perfect for me & pencil allows for precise application; just wish it was cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by sps312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS. it seems like a sort of trivial product, but i have sparse brows, and this product is a lifesaver. it looks very natural and applies easily. the brown color is a little grey, which really adds authenticity to the color (often others have too much richness). very pricey, but if brows are an important part of your look, id consider this a worthy investment.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is awesome for shading and filling in brows! The only thing that disappoints me is that it isn't available in more brunette shades! If there were more choices of colours, it would be amazing! Still, it works very well. Wish it wasn't so expensive here in Australia too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My brows are pretty full, but I sometimes get a bit of a bare patch if I'm not careful with the tweezers. This brow pencil delivers extremely realistic results. It blends in perfectly and you really can't tell that it's not a natural part of my brows.