Kevyn Aucoin The Precision Brow Pencil

4.6

Stearic Acid, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Wax Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Beeswax, Microcrystalline Wax, Mineral Oil, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Kernal Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, Tocopherol, Talc, Titanium Dioxide CI 77891, Iron Oxides CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499.

on 8/6/2013 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this product. I have tried many brow pencils. I generally go for the blonde ones however many show up red or gold and look plain weird. This guy just looks natural. I have no idea how it does it but I just go over my brows and they magically appear thicker, more defined yet never drawn on. Serious Dark Arts here.
My only gripe would be the small amount of product comapred to other brow pencils but hey I will always buy 'cause it is so bloody good!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

PROS:
Ultrafine tip
Natural colour (even on blondes like me)
Excellent consistency for a natural application (not too firm, definitely not too soft)
Luxe packaging (elegant, delicate and classy)
Great brush at the end, which is discreetly capped

CONS:
Most would say the price, but for me I consider this product great value for money

I bought this online from Mecca Cosmetica while living in the Middle East and had a friend post it to me. I am so glad I did, I really love this product and recommend it highly.

Easily the best brow product I have used.

on 6/11/2013 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love Kevyn Aucoin's precision brow pencil in blonde. I have darker hair but the blonde has been very natural looking for my brows and I could apply with more force if I wanted darker color.

I am super, super picky when it comes to brow products. I can't tell why because most of them don't work for me. Right now I have found 3 holy grail brow pencil products and I don't see anytime in the future when I will give any of them up.

This applies really easily, using very little product. I love that it is self sharpening. It looks totally natural. I tend to apply a little brown pencil and then fill in the rest of my somewhat sparse brows with light brown eye shadow.

I will definitely repurchase when this runs out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm reluctant to be one of those people who overstates trivial things, but this seriously changed my life. Ok... sorry I just did that. I had my makeup done at Mecca for a night out, and the lady told me how amazing this product was and showed me how to use it. Since that day I cannot live without this pencil. I noticed I was running out (I probably had a good week of pencil left) and I pretty much ran to Mecca to buy a back up. Having never had the dexterity to do my eyebrows before, I just never bothered. I now love them.

As for the product, I think there is one shade, brunette. I used this for an entire year before realising there was a brush at the other end, because I was trying so hard to be careful not to break it. That said, I believe it has come down in price, and is now $39, so I ripped the end off to discover a great little brush.

The colour is fantastic, I think it would suit a lot of people. I just use feathery strokes and it looks really natural, it just frames the face beautifully and there is no powdery look or stencilled on feel either. If you've been contemplating this, all I can say is that I absolutely love it and will repurchase forever.

on 4/21/2012 11:42:00 PM

Colour: Brown
Purchased: Syd Aus

I really love this brow pencil as it's build-able and natural looking. It really enhances my eye brows and makes them look well manicured. The colour is perfect for my brows, it's a rather neutral cool brown. The brush on the end is handy and helps soften the lines.
But it's rather expensive $50AUD for a small amount so I really only use it for special occasions and use something cheaper for everyday.
It would be ideal if you could get the pencil without the brush for a cheaper price.

Hands down the best brow pencil on the market. I have been using it for a few years now and it never fails to impress. Last year it was out of stock for a few months and I had to try and compensate with other brow pencils but nothing even came close. My eye brows are blonde but I like them darker so I use the brunette shade. I also have very fine hair due to over plucking when I was younger but this pencil corrects and perfects my eye brows in seconds. I don't know how I lived without it when it went out of stock but I always make sure I have a spare in case that problem ever arises again!

on 7/7/2011 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Okay first of all, its not cheap!
I bought this at Mecca, the lady told me this is discontinued and only available at their store?Hmmm. Anyway, I love the look of this pencil, its gorgeous!and ofcourse not just the look but the performance is great too. The colour is perfect for my brows, its nothing like the other brow pencils Ive ever used before. I think this matches most eyebrow colours. it blends in sooo well with my short trimmed eyebrows and matched my brown hair colour well. it gives a very natural look. I love love love this product. two things i didnt like about this is the price and how easy it is to break!I got home after i bought it and I dropped it..and snap, the whole pencil broke and came out.. it still works but Im quiet dissapointed as it is quiet expensive..would i buy it again?yes. but i wish i could get it cheaper!

on 8/8/2010 3:13:00 PM

This works for filling in brows AND keeping them in place, I got this during the Sephora sale so it was super cheap, but I wouldn't buy this at regular price. Blonde is a little warm for me.

on 5/31/2010 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this yet. Brunette is the most perfect color for my brows ever, and I should know because I've tried all the brow products from MUFE, Dior, MAC, Laura Mercier, Anastasia, Clinique, Physician's Formula, Maybelline, Lancome, and Tarte to name just a few. Out of all the dozens of brow pencils and powders I've tried, Kevyn Aucoin's is the best. Of course, I too am obsessed with my brows and the color has to be absolutely perfect. Dior's version in Universal Brown comes the closest to matching KA's pencil but it's a touch lighter and more golden. Everything else is either too dark or too warm. I am a yellow-toned NC20 (I don't like to tan so I never get dark) with dark ashy-brown-almost-black hair but I have sparse brows and a somewhat flat Asian face so I can't pull off dark, strong brows.

The Precision Brow Pencil has the perfect hardness, texture, and finest point for perfect brows. The color is a perfect neutral brown that can be built up for an almost-black color. However, if you require a darker brown for your brows, I would recommend using a darker brow pencil because KA is not cheap and you will go through a pencil quickly. I only need to fill in gaps in my brows and shape them a little to make them more arched and symmetrical so a pencil will last me for months unless I drop it and break of the lead, which I've done a few times. I love that the lead is retractable. Not only does this help protect it from breaking off, I can also see when I'm about to run out. I used to use a mascara spoolie to blend the color through my brows so I find the tiny spoolie brush in the end very handy. It works great for adding just enough color to the front of my brows with product left in the bristles.

I find that pencils work better for me for shaping my brows so I stick with pencils. The Precision Brow Pencil looks the best on me and lasts all day. I get lots of compliments on the few days when I manage to get the shape of my brows just right. My makeup just doesn't look finished without filling in my brows. I live in fear of this pencil being discontinued. I always keep at least three as backups but I still have a mini panic attack whenever I try to order more and Brunette is out of stock. Kevyn Aucoin is no longer available at Sephora but is currently available online from several beauty retailers.

on 4/8/2010 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

love this brow pencil! the color is perfect for me & pencil allows for precise application; just wish it was cheaper!

Popular Brows Products