April 24, 2014 | 1910 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by SarahLiz04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Although I've only used it a couple times I can definitely see the difference in my nails. My manicure lasted pretty well. I change my polish often so I still haven't given it a real "endurance test" though. My favorite part was how easy it was to remove my dark polish and glitter polish after using this base coat. The polish came off very easily with no extra fuss.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:57:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Without a doubt the best base coat that has ever entered the nail world. The rubberized texture not only helps the polish stick the the nail, but fills out ridges and protects my nails. For those of you that haven't gotten the same results I have, try letting the base coat sit for about 1-3 mins, until it gets a rubberized texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by sandsvespa

Wonderful product! Manicure lasts up to 10 days no chip! I use 1 coat Orly, 2 coats polish, 1 coat Revlon Extra-Life No Chip Top Coat.. Amazing product- well worth the money and it gives you a smooth gel-like nail base to apply nail polish too its great!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Courtneybrynn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this base coat! I have tired quite a few and this is the best one of them all. It really helps the polish last longer without chipping.

Unfortunately, I have a problem with it, it makes my nails weak. I have never had any problem with weak, peeling, splitting nails before, and this base coat is the culprit. I love this product so much that I still use it, just not very often and make sure to rotate it out with other (less effective) base coats.

Overall, I recommend you try it, it is just that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by tgawron2233

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best bonder. I Use 1 coat bonder 2 polish and out the door top coat. I get 10 days to two weeks out of my manicures!! cant complain !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

This stuff makes my nail polish last a good 5-6 days instead of 2! Unless I'm washing my hands a lot at work... then I'll still get about 2-3 days out of my nail polish. But when I'm not using harsh soaps everyday this stuff definitely helps the color last longer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by hmsw4rtz

I've tried a lot of base coats and WOW this stuff is good. With my old base my manicure will chip after a couple of days because I spend all day typing on a computer, I also had some shrinkage (seche vite). With this base coat my polish stays perfect for at least two weeks and no shrinkage! HG for sure :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am feeling very underwhelmed by this product. It applies very nicely, dries quickly and my polishes go on nice and smooth on top but not only does it not seem to extend the wear of my manicure, it actually seems to shorten it. I only used this for 1 mani/pedi for which I used two polishes I have used before with other basecoats. Previously, my mani lasted about 5 days and my pedi around 10 without noticeable chipping/tip wear. With Orly's Bonder, I noticed minimal tipwear on both hands and feet after 1 day, a few small chips on day two, and now it's day 3 and I feel like I REALLY should have removed this polish before leaving my house today - it seriously looks like my mani/pedi are two weeks old :( It may work well with other brands of polish, but one of the ones I'm wearing is a Zoya, which MOST of my stash is, and I'd rather have a basecoat that works with the polishes I have and love already. (FWIW, the other polish I am wearing is by Picture Polish and I didn't have this problem with it over Zoya or SpaRitual basecoats).

Overall: Wouldn't rec, and won't repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by GlamourMom3

This did not help my nail polish last at all. In fact it seemed to make it chip more easily. I had significant chipping after only five hours of wear. I tried it with different brands of polish, with different top coats etc but they chipped badly within a day every time. I have dry brittle nails. For my nail type this was a total flop.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by phillygeekgirl

OK, this stuff is amazing. Normally I can chip up a pedicure inside 8 hours. I used the Orly Bonder on Thursday, and right now it's Monday afternoon and my pedicure is still perfect. 4 days might not seem fantastic to everyone, but trust me when I say this is a first for me.

Note: I used 1 coat of Orly Bonder, 1 coat of Revlon nail polish, 1 coat of Seche VIte Fast Dry top coat.

Edited note:
I had the pedicure on for 9 days. The first 7 days it remained perfect, and then I was doing some housepainting (barefoot) and took the pedicure off because I was paint splattered. There was a tiny bit of chipping at the end, but I was crawling along baseboards sanding and painting so I am not going to fault the product for that. I still say it's amazing and I have never had a pedicure look that good for anywhere close to that long. Totally worth it.