Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat

Butyl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Heptane, Ethyl Acetate, Trimethyl Pentyl Diisobutyrate, Tosylamide/Epoxy resin, Polyvinyl Butyral, Nitrocellulose, Benzophenone-1, Cl 26100 (Red 17), Cl 60725 (Violet 2), Cl 47000 (Yellow 11).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm very disappointed with this product. I really wanted to like it because of all the great reviews but it looks like I'm in the minority that this product doesn't work for. It actually makes my polish chip faster than it would without it. My nails chip after one day, or even sometimes after a few hours. I've tried everything to make this stuff work. Waited a couple minutes after applying, not waiting at all, nothing makes it work. I guess I'll just accept that this base coat just doesn't work for my nails, which is unfortunate. This is actually the first base coat I've ever tried, looks like I'll have to take my chances with another one.

on 11/28/2014 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'll never use another base coat again! Got a tester of this in a beauty advent calendar last christmas and I was amazed at how well it worked. My manicure just doesn't look or last the same without it.

on 11/7/2014 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Game changer for me Why did I wait so long to try this? Turns almost any polish into a long wearing, chip resistant one. HG for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A must have product if you do your own manicure. I get zero staining and peeling when I use this base coat. I remove my polish with pure acetone and my nails feel healthy and are strong and hard, thanks to this product. When I don't use this base coat, over time nail polish starts to make my nails peel. A no brainer! Go and buy it!

Love this so much!

on 10/26/2014 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's official, I'm in love! I've found my basecoat soulmate, and it is the Orly Bonder. I had been hesitant to buy this since a) it has mixed reviews, where some say it stains and peels easily, and b) it is $19.95 in Australia. I'm so glad I caved tough, it is really helping my polish last (I'm lucky to get 2 days wear with any other combo I do). It goes on smooth and dries almost instantly, and then allows polish to go on top so smoothly and straight away. I have even using Seche Vite as my top coat with this for reference. If your polish chips easily and you think you've tried all else, do yourself a favour and try this!

on 10/5/2014 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ez to open rubber top. Not a strong scent. Price is great for the value and life of the polish.
most importantly! It keeps my nail art looking as great on day #1 as it does by day 5, 6, 7... !!!
used this before and came back to it 4 manis and pedis ago
ty orly for making such a great product!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is the best base coat ever. If you want your manicure to last a week, you need to use this under it!!! I have used it with different brands of nail polish and I easily get at least 5 days' wear. I even used it with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri (for which I posted a bad review since it chipped in 48 hours!) and it has surpassed my expectations.... Not a single chip all week!!! I will not use any other base coat and I'm looking into the Orly polishes as well. The HG base coat in my opinion!

on 9/15/2014 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Although it claims "It prevents nail lacquer from wearing off for up to two weeks" I have not found that to be true in my experience. However, I am very neglectful of my hands and nails - it certainly does seem to do a better job than other basecoats I have used in the past. At $8.00 CAN for 18 ml it seemed like a good value. I will definitely be buying this product again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased this after reading several reviews online and let me tell you, I am glad that I did! I have a tendency to do things that are not conducive to nail polish longevity like gardening, crafting, refinishing furniture, typing, petting my dobermans, etc. and I can't usually keep a manicure longer than a day before chipping. Luckily, I discovered this product and it has helped maintain a chip-free polish job much longer! The polish looks sort of beige-y in the bottle but is completely clear and adheres well to a bare nail that is clean and unbuffed. I like to clean my nails with rubbing alcohol or nail polish remover after washing my hands to make sure there isn't any residue from lotion or soap on my nails. I usually apply 2 thin coats of Orly Bonder, letting dry in between, and then do 1-2 coats of my nail polish color, depending on the color payoff I want, then set with a clear topcoat (thin coats and letting each dry in between). The bonder label says "rubberized basecoat" and it really does have a rubbery, grippy feel to it so that you can feel your color polish adhere to it. This has been a great product for keeping my nail polish around for longer, and it works wonders on a pedicure since toenail polish typically lasts much longer to begin with! I would recommend this to anyone who paints their nails at home on a regular basis, this is a great product!

Top Rated Orly Products