July 23, 2014 | 1232 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Smog

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by minimartha

I have always had trouble wearing eye shadow. Within moments of applying I will experience burning and itching. So for several years now I have only worn eyeliner and mascara, until my co-worker suggested I try Urban Decay. Boy.....am I glad I did! I went to Sephora and was going to purchase Twice Baked but they were out of it so the make-up artist turned me onto Smog and it really brings out my aqua blue eyes. The gold shimmer in the shadow helps make my aqua blue eyes pop. This is so butter smooth, highly pigmented, a little goes a long way. The best part is that it does not cause my eye lids to burn and itch. This eye shadow is vegan, so it has not been tested on animals and its the best on the market in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am nearly finished with the Smog shadow in my Naked palette and recently purchased a full size one. I absolutely love this shadow, it is my everyday go-to. The texture is buttery soft and blends and adheres to my eyelids like a dream. It's highly pigmented, a little bit goes a very long way. It's a perfect shimmery bronzey brown lid colour -- not too warm and not too cool and would probably work wonderfully for most skintones. Staying power is excellent with a primer underneath (I get all-day wear with NARS Pro-Prime). I like to wear Smog on the outer half of the lid with Sin blended onto the inner half. Then I'll take a dark brown eyeshadow like MAC Mystery (any neutral matte dark brown will do) and blend it into the outer corners and lightly into the outer third of the crease. Then I'll lightly dust Naked right above the the crease as a transition colour to help blend out the harshness of the dark brown. Then MAC Blanc Type blended onto the browbone to highlight, blended downwards so that it fades nicely into the Naked. Then I'll apply black liner (I usually use UD's Perversion or MUFE's 0L) and smoke it out using Mystery. Then I'll apply a brown liner to the bottom lashline and set/smoke it out with Buck. I like to pair this eye look with a little bit of neutral pink blush and a low maintenance pinky-nude gloss. This has been my everyday go-to look for over a year now. It makes for a great evening look too! I suppose this review should be listed under the Naked Palette, but I think Smog is the star shadow in the palette -- the others mentioned (Sin, Naked, Buck) can easily be duped. But it's not always easy to find that perfect bronzey shade that isn't too warm or too cool for your complexion!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Pretty brown, versatile, good for lots of skintones. Not a disappointing shade at all - it is a color that easily becomes a repeated go-to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 12:27:00 PM More reviews by 1017

If you have tried MAC Woodwinked and found it too orange, MAC Bronze and found it a touch too red, Maybelline Bad to the Bronze and found it a touch too cool, MAC Patina was just too off, try UD Smog. It is brown (not red brown, not orange brown), with a gold tone to it that makes it so very wearable on my NW20 skin, almost black hair, brown eyes, w/dark under eye circles. It is almost a hazel brown. And while MAC's Romp was described the same way " a chocolate brown with gold", Smog just comes off as doing something dramatic rather than a color that just kind of sits on my lids like Romp ended up doing. And Smog is soft enough for the lid, yet can also be a great crease shade. I was skeptical when everyone said, "it's a must have"...yay, yay, I have heard that before. But it IS that good. Look up the reviews by most helpful, the first one (as of the time of this review) is AliceF, and she really describes the color very well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Ahh, Smog! A very popular shade that Urban Decay like to cram into many of their palettes, but there is no denying that it is such an impressive shade. In the pan it looks like a normal chocolate brown with shimmer, but on the eyelids, it transforms into a truly special multi-dimensional shade. Itís a medium-dark bronze brown eyeshadow with shimmer and once youíve applied and blended it, it looks so smokey and effortless. You can even wear it with other neutral colours and will liven them up, especially if you apply it to the crease. My personal favourite way of wearing it is, all over the lid, with Sidecar or Romp in the crease and black liquid liner Ė the result is some seriously smokey eyes! As for the texture, Smog is so buttery soft, and exceptionally pigmented it literally glides over the lids, and would either be a MAC Veluxe Pearl or Frost finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by tattedtutie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this color!! It's a nice, rich color that goes on that way and really stays. Urban Decay has such great pigmented colors and although in my opinion is a bit pricier than I like, it definitely holds up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sandyatthebeach1

This was one of my first eyeshadow purchases, and after years of collecting (-cough- hoarding -cough-) a ridiculous amount of eyeshadows and palettes and other makeup, I can honestly say... this is still my favorite, haha. It's actually the only eyeshadow I've ever made a dent in. It's a beautiful, pigmented metallic gold-bronze; the texture is smooth and buttery, and there's no fallout. It's also long-lasting- it's not one of those shadows that just disappear after a few hours. It's a great bronze for nearly everyone (I've used this on a lot of my friends, and it looked good on all of them- Caucasian, Middle Eastern, Indian, Asian, etc. so it suits a lot of different skin tones!). It's the perfect medium shade- you can just use this all over, and it'll still give you depth (magically, almost, haha) and it looks like you're wearing a lot more than one eyeshadow. You can wear it on your lids with a darker color for a smokier look, or just use this in your crease for some definition. This is a great eyeshadow- just one shade works so well on so many different people, and it looks great on its own, or in conjunction with other shades. I love it! Plus, Urban Decay packaging is always so cute- this shadow comes in packaging that resembles a bus token. Really pretty :D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 4:01:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

This is probably my second none-used shade in the naked palette. I find that the colour doesn't work on my skin. I have fairly small eyes therefore it's difficult to find colours to both open my eyes and emphasise them without making them look smaller. I wouldn't repurchase as an individual shadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 4:13:00 PM More reviews by kandrews580

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Yeppers!! And last a long time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by UrbanObsession

I have this shade in three different palettes by UD and it's not a favorite! I wish they'd stop repeating this shade so much because it just doesn't work on my skin tone. It wears very well and has a velvet texture that is to die for but the shade is ehhhh for me. Mid-tone brown metallic with a warm undertone is how I'd describe it. As a lid color, it totally washes me out and looks harsh, but it's wearable as a crease & outer corner color. I prefer UD twice baked over this one because it's more natural looking for everyday. I sometimes mix the two together for a smokey brown eye. Would not repurchase on its own...sigh! There are much prettier browns out there that enhance my eyes & this one seems to do nothing for them but look heavy and dark.