November 24, 2014 | 1605 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #190 Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This brush applied my liquid foundation evenly, blended well and was easy to use/handle. The amount of product I needed for full coverage was much less than when I used a sponge (as I recently discovered)

I loved this brush to bits! This was the first makeup brush I ever bought for myself (I'd only ever used my mom's stuff until then) and it lasted me 8 years though keep in mind that I am not a daily foundation wearer. Recently it's become streaky and I suppose it's time for a new one.

I washed it with the mac brush cleaning fluid after each use though the girl at the store said it really only needs to be cleaned once or twice a week if you only use it on yourself (also she was very impressed with how long it lasted) I highly recommend this brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by AeraMarS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

190 is a regular foundation brush and it is the first brush I've ever bought when I started to wear foundation about 5 months ago... At first I thought it was great... But when I started to wear makeup more often I realized that it's not that good... I don't like how it applies foundation... it doesn't blend it in the way I want.... I've found that a beauty blender or a stippling brush is a better choice for an air-brushed finish.... I should have bought a 188..... Anyway.. I use this as a concealer brush and it works great! But 40 euros for a concealer brush it is a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by xcandisx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation brush! I had my eye on it for a while but couldn't bring myself to pay the price for it although I'm glad I eventually gave in. I use it with my Chanel liquid foundation and it gives a lovely finish. It's easy to get into hard to reach areas aswell such as round the nose etc I would defo recommend however the packaging it comes in is rubbish! I got mine in a plastic disposable pouch thing they should all come in the proper clearly stoic pouch like the short powder/blush brush does

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by peachy2000

Great brush, soft and feels good on skin. Applied foundation evenly and easily. Handle is too long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2013 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite brush to use when applying bb cream or tinted moisturiser. It doesn't pick up a lot of product like a 187 does which is good in my eyes, I hate to see the brush soaking it all up. I have to work quickly with this as if you don't sometimes your foundation can go streaky. But once you get the hang of it it's all good. A classic staple in my stash. X

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Colorlicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I know it's a foundation brush, but I prefer to use it for the concealer or to reach to difficult areas like inner corners of the eyes or the sides of the nose. Using it for foundation doesn't work for me: it gives a very high coverage that I don't need and the result looks pretty heavy and unnatural for my taste. I prefer the flat duo-fiber buffer or a damp sponge for the foundation. I wouldn't repurchase it because I simply don't use it much; if I could, I would turn back time and chose the 187 duo fiber face brush from MAC instead of this one. I use my Coastal Scents one for blush, foundation, blending, highlighting pigments. I would love to see if the MAC one gives different results, but I just can't afford it at the moment :(
However, if you're looking for high coverage results, this brush does a great job, so I'm just gonna 5-lip it because it does its job; the problem is I need another job and I didn't know it 2 years ago when I got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by bellabeautybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and they are like a match made in heaven! I used to apply this foundation with my finger, (what was i thinking?!) but then with a bit a bit of debating about the price,i got my paws on this brush. If you do it right, it leaves your foundation looking absolutely flawless and feels like it improves the coverage and even the lasting power of the foundation. Its easy to use, soft and doesn't shed. The only this is that the price is a little steep, but nevertheless it was worth the money and i'd do it all again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

This brush is a good alternative for stippling brushes or sponges especially because you can apply easily makeup into the corners of your nose and the the eye whereas it's more difficult with other foundation tools. However I have to say that I prefer the MAC 187 stippling brush because I find that the #190 can leave streak marks but that might also depend on the foundation used. I use the Revlon Colorstay which is quite hard to blend already so the stippling brush is easier but nevertheless the MAC 190 is a good brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by amary18

I bought this product to apply my MAC Studio Fix Foundation four years ago. I remember it being quite pricey, but I will admit that it has never shedded in washing it, and the brush remains really soft. Thing is, I never was happy with the application results, but perhaps I don't have the technique down/clear enough skin. Having said that, I rarely reach for it and wish I invested in the 187 instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by moosey2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I recently bought this brush to use with my studio fix fluid foundation and I love it! I never really tried applying foundation with my fingers, but I feel like it's faster with a brush, and the foundation looks more airbrushed. Once you get the hang of using the brush correctly, applying foundation is a breeze. You should be using short, quick strokes and pat down every now and then. If your foundation is streaking, your strokes are likely too long! Don't forget to make the last few strokes go down so all the little invisible hairs on your face aren't sticking up. The brush hasn't shed a single hair in close to a month and I use a sephora brush shampoo to clean it. The only thing I wish it had is a cap so it doesn't get ruined when I throw it in my make up bag. The sephora pro brushes have the little caps, and I was able to find one that fits this brush! YAY!