MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this brush!!!
It makes easier to apply foundation, more smooth and even skin. Better than apply by fingers or sponge.
I can't live without this brush. It might be so expensive but I can tell "it is worth!"
It's expensive but it can be stay along with you for many years.

Must have item for anyone who loves foundation.

I bought this after reading a couple of reviews, and because I needed a new one. It is absolutely not a cheap brush, even in overpriced Norway this brush was expensive: I paid $65/£40/€47/NOK400 for this! It is totally not worth a quarter of the price... It gives a terribly streaky result and sucks up half of the product ~ even after watching a bunch of tutorials from MUAs and ordinary youtubers this gives the same, terrible result! I was super disappointed, after all... So many people say this is great - well, to me, it wasn't! I'd much rather buy the Real Techniques Expert Face brush and the Core Collection!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I use this brush for liquid foundation and concealer. It blends smooothly and evenly with no streaking. The bristles are soft and haven't shedded so far. I wash the brush after every use with a gentle, fragrance-free soap and it's just like new every time!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Initially I thought this brush was just barely adequate for applying foundation, but after I purchased better brushes, like the 187 duo fiber, my opinion of the 190 immediately changed. I realized that the duo fiber brush was doing a much better job with regard to application and blending of foundation. No more streaks! It also was taking a lot less time, time that I had sadly wasted in trying to get an even application with the 190! My190 brush remains unused in addition to my perfectly useless 136 Blush Brush which is far too large for blush application. I have found that the small duo fiber 130 brush does an awesome job of applying blush! The 190 foundation brush and the 136 blush brush are my two least favorite Mac brushes. (After reading some reviews on the 190 I have decided to attempt to put it to use for the application of my concealer. I don't know if it will work for this purpose, but it's worth a try.)

The first foundation brush I owned was a cheap brand, which I thought was awesome at the time in comparison to using my fingers. One day I was at MAC buying my foundation and one of the girls convinced me to buy the 190. Best. Decision. Ever.

About the 190:The bristles are super fine, soft, flexible (but not too flexible), and extremely densely packed. I have had mine for more than 2 years and have not seen one single hair shed yet. The shape of the brush is great too, it's just the right length and has a nice subtle tip which is great for getting in around the eye area and the edges of your nose.

The result: better blending, streak free, more natural appearance and less product use.

If you're still not convinced then hear this: the first day I used my 190, my husband said my makeup looked better than usual. When I asked him to explain, he said that my skin tone looked more natural and even than usual. And he's not the type to notice that kind of thing so be impressed! Be very impressed!

A few people have complained that they feel this applies their foundation too heavily. If you get a blob of foundation on the brush and apply directly to your face, then yes, you will get very heavy application! The trick to avoid this is to use a palette - I use a MAC one that looks like a little hand mirror. How to: apply a some of your foundation to the palette and gently swipe the brush against the palette, picking up a small amount of foundation, then keep swiping to spread the product out on the brush BEFORE you apply it to your face. If in doubt, ask a MAC artist to show you how.

Only con: I took one lippy off the packaging score because I find the handle on this brush way too long. I like to get up close to the mirror but the handle length prevents me from doing that. I ended up sawing off half the handle and sanding the edges smooth (I can see you all cringing). Yes it's ugly now, but functions better in my opinion!

One of the best foundation brushes I have used. I hope it proves its value by lasting a long time.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I got this brush very cheap for a mac brush so I thought I would give it a go. This brush is good for around the eyes but not very good for the whole face as it is quite a small brush. The brush feels great at first but gets harder to use (even when you clean it). Thr brush creates faint lines on your face and it seems to soak up your foundation. I would not buy this product again (especially at full price!) The packaging is a rubbish little plastic wallet and the brush is too long to fit into my make up bag.

I really don't understand this brush, nor any other foundation applicator. I have used it dry, and with water. I do not like my makeup foundation to cover like a mask. If anyone out there would care to illuminate me as to how to use this tool, I would be so grateful. Somehow, I think that I just either don't know how to use it, or I am too impatient.

I tend to blend my makeup into my face almost like moisturizer. Maybe that is my problem, but I always thought that was the way to do it.

Please advise! I'd love to be able to enjoy these things. Thanks.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This brush applied my liquid foundation evenly, blended well and was easy to use/handle. The amount of product I needed for full coverage was much less than when I used a sponge (as I recently discovered)

I loved this brush to bits! This was the first makeup brush I ever bought for myself (I'd only ever used my mom's stuff until then) and it lasted me 8 years though keep in mind that I am not a daily foundation wearer. Recently it's become streaky and I suppose it's time for a new one.

I washed it with the mac brush cleaning fluid after each use though the girl at the store said it really only needs to be cleaned once or twice a week if you only use it on yourself (also she was very impressed with how long it lasted) I highly recommend this brush!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

190 is a regular foundation brush and it is the first brush I've ever bought when I started to wear foundation about 5 months ago... At first I thought it was great... But when I started to wear makeup more often I realized that it's not that good... I don't like how it applies foundation... it doesn't blend it in the way I want.... I've found that a beauty blender or a stippling brush is a better choice for an air-brushed finish.... I should have bought a 188..... Anyway.. I use this as a concealer brush and it works great! But 40 euros for a concealer brush it is a lot!

Popular Makeup Brushes