MAC #190 Foundation Brush

4.3

on 7/21/2013 2:37:00 AM

I really don't understand this brush, nor any other foundation applicator. I have used it dry, and with water. I do not like my makeup foundation to cover like a mask. If anyone out there would care to illuminate me as to how to use this tool, I would be so grateful. Somehow, I think that I just either don't know how to use it, or I am too impatient.

I tend to blend my makeup into my face almost like moisturizer. Maybe that is my problem, but I always thought that was the way to do it.

Please advise! I'd love to be able to enjoy these things. Thanks.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This brush applied my liquid foundation evenly, blended well and was easy to use/handle. The amount of product I needed for full coverage was much less than when I used a sponge (as I recently discovered)

I loved this brush to bits! This was the first makeup brush I ever bought for myself (I'd only ever used my mom's stuff until then) and it lasted me 8 years though keep in mind that I am not a daily foundation wearer. Recently it's become streaky and I suppose it's time for a new one.

I washed it with the mac brush cleaning fluid after each use though the girl at the store said it really only needs to be cleaned once or twice a week if you only use it on yourself (also she was very impressed with how long it lasted) I highly recommend this brush!

on 5/4/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

190 is a regular foundation brush and it is the first brush I've ever bought when I started to wear foundation about 5 months ago... At first I thought it was great... But when I started to wear makeup more often I realized that it's not that good... I don't like how it applies foundation... it doesn't blend it in the way I want.... I've found that a beauty blender or a stippling brush is a better choice for an air-brushed finish.... I should have bought a 188..... Anyway.. I use this as a concealer brush and it works great! But 40 euros for a concealer brush it is a lot!

on 4/7/2013 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation brush! I had my eye on it for a while but couldn't bring myself to pay the price for it although I'm glad I eventually gave in. I use it with my Chanel liquid foundation and it gives a lovely finish. It's easy to get into hard to reach areas aswell such as round the nose etc I would defo recommend however the packaging it comes in is rubbish! I got mine in a plastic disposable pouch thing they should all come in the proper clearly stoic pouch like the short powder/blush brush does

on 3/15/2013 6:12:00 PM

Great brush, soft and feels good on skin. Applied foundation evenly and easily. Handle is too long.

on 3/13/2013 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is my favourite brush to use when applying bb cream or tinted moisturiser. It doesn't pick up a lot of product like a 187 does which is good in my eyes, I hate to see the brush soaking it all up. I have to work quickly with this as if you don't sometimes your foundation can go streaky. But once you get the hang of it it's all good. A classic staple in my stash. X

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I know it's a foundation brush, but I prefer to use it for the concealer or to reach to difficult areas like inner corners of the eyes or the sides of the nose. Using it for foundation doesn't work for me: it gives a very high coverage that I don't need and the result looks pretty heavy and unnatural for my taste. I prefer the flat duo-fiber buffer or a damp sponge for the foundation. I wouldn't repurchase it because I simply don't use it much; if I could, I would turn back time and chose the 187 duo fiber face brush from MAC instead of this one. I use my Coastal Scents one for blush, foundation, blending, highlighting pigments. I would love to see if the MAC one gives different results, but I just can't afford it at the moment :(
However, if you're looking for high coverage results, this brush does a great job, so I'm just gonna 5-lip it because it does its job; the problem is I need another job and I didn't know it 2 years ago when I got it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I use this brush with my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and they are like a match made in heaven! I used to apply this foundation with my finger, (what was i thinking?!) but then with a bit a bit of debating about the price,i got my paws on this brush. If you do it right, it leaves your foundation looking absolutely flawless and feels like it improves the coverage and even the lasting power of the foundation. Its easy to use, soft and doesn't shed. The only this is that the price is a little steep, but nevertheless it was worth the money and i'd do it all again!

on 12/17/2012 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This brush is a good alternative for stippling brushes or sponges especially because you can apply easily makeup into the corners of your nose and the the eye whereas it's more difficult with other foundation tools. However I have to say that I prefer the MAC 187 stippling brush because I find that the #190 can leave streak marks but that might also depend on the foundation used. I use the Revlon Colorstay which is quite hard to blend already so the stippling brush is easier but nevertheless the MAC 190 is a good brush.

on 12/11/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product to apply my MAC Studio Fix Foundation four years ago. I remember it being quite pricey, but I will admit that it has never shedded in washing it, and the brush remains really soft. Thing is, I never was happy with the application results, but perhaps I don't have the technique down/clear enough skin. Having said that, I rarely reach for it and wish I invested in the 187 instead.

Popular Makeup Brushes