Bonne Bell Lip Fashion Lipgloss

2.8

on 8/31/2004 5:44:00 PM

Please believe when I tell you that these *suck*. I remember seeing these three years ago when they first came out, getting all excited over the colorful packaging, and buying them. *Big* disappointment ensued.

Firstly, the color. It's non-existant. There was absolutely *no* shine on the two that I bought. A subtle sheen that disappeared minutes later. When you try to apply it, the roller-ball makes things impossible. The glosses smelled delicious, but buying a lipgloss just for the scent is like buying an accordion just for the color. In the end, it totally doesn't matter. I guess Bonne Bell overlooked this *small* detail! There are only two things that *really* matter when it comes to lipgloss-- the color and the consistency. This gloss, unfortunately, sports neither. I was generous and gave it a two.

on 8/28/2004 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This stuff, while not bad, is only mediocre at best. There are good points: nearly all Lip Fashions smell (and taste!) delicious, and the bottle is really neat-looking. The gloss is pretty moisturizing, and it's moderately shiny without looking like an oil slick. But here's the bad part: it FEELS like an oil slick. Have you ever been eating spaghetti at an Italian restaurant where they slather olive oil on it and it gets all over your lips? That's what this lip gloss feels like. It's really not horrible in any other respect, but it's so oily that it's just weird. Also, I have not had any problems with the little roller ball sticking, but it's very impractical and I can see how it could. And when you come to think of it, a long, tapered tube is not exactly the most practical design for a lip gloss that can be carried around with you in your pocket. Oh well...

on 7/5/2004 5:40:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the strawberry thai lime one for my sister and she loves it. She likes it because it's not toooo glossy and lasts for awhile. I got it for only Aus$3.95 from this little cosmetic store and it retails for like $9 elsewhere

on 6/19/2004 6:44:00 PM

This is pretty good. I mostly use this because I like the smell. I never had any trouble with the roller ball, and I only got a few air bubbles. What was annoying, was you always have to keep it standing up or else it'll leak everywhere. I'd keep this at home and not in your purse. EDIT: This started to burn my lips so badly I had to throw it away! Have to take off two lippies for that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like the flavors of these and like how the gloss isn't overly shiny or sticky but like some of the reviewers here, I couldn't get the gloss out after a while. I have to pop the little ball thing out and try to get some out that way. Not cool. I might buy one again though, if I couldn't find anything better.

on 5/30/2004 12:48:00 AM

Ick, definetly not my fav gloss, when i first got it i was realli disapointed, i couldnt get the gloss out!, i turned it upside down and all that but it wouldnt budge, eventually i tried sucking on it, and the little roller ball came out! so i used a lip bush instead. The product is oil like, very slick, it tastes good though and the shimmers nice.

on 5/30/2004 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I got the Cherry Vanilla as a birthday gift. It smells great, but the tiny roller ball doesn't dispense enough of the product to give the glossy look that I buy lipgloss for! I finally just removed the roller altogether and dipped a lip brush in. Unfortunately, this made the whole thing unportable. The gloss is thin and causes lipcolor underneath to bleed.

Definatley a great product, I got this in Wild Berry Starfruit and it smells great, a little watery but I can live with it, its great!!

mmm..this product smells soo good. i got this in cherry vanilla bean yesterday..i was lookig for strawberry thai lime but i couldn't findit soi decided to try this and i thought i would hate it because i hate cherries but it smelled so nice. kind of like a vanilla scentwith a lilltle hint of cherry..one problem when i first opened it though was that there was a air bubble on top of the roller ball so it prevented the gloss from comeing out but wen you shake it the bubble goes away..i cant stop useing this gloss..it smells soo good!

this product smelled fruity ( wildberry starfruit) but I accidently popped the ball out. i tipped it upside down to see if I could get some gloss out cause i never can with the roller ball it was slighty glossy but i dont think i would buy it again though

Popular Lip Glosses