December 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - Wet 2 Straight

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff really works. I usually take a while straightening but after I used this it took a lot less to do my hair in the morning. My friends that have used it have purchased one of their own. I have used it with my hair both wet and dry and I get great results. It broke on me after 3 years but the only reason I did not repurchase is because I wanted a flat iron I can straighten and curl with but unfortunately this is not a 2in1 it's just a straightener. If you are looking for just a straightener look no further the price is also great ($15 - $20)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Skiwee

I love this hair straightener. My brothers girlfriend bought me one and I have had trouble straightening my thinck, curly hair for years. I would have to blow dry it and spend at least 30 min straightening it. With this straightener it takes me less than 10 min, even if my hair is super frizzy and curly. I would recommend it to anyone!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:50:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using my wet2straight for 5 years now! I have never had a hair straightener last that long! It has been consistent since I first used it. I have really long fine hair and the 2" does a perfect job. I usually wash my hair at night and straighten the next morning. On average, it takes about 10 minutes. Be careful if you apply liquid heat protectant - it will steam and burn your hand if it's too close to the heat plates. It leaves my hair soft and shiny. If I overuse it on a section, then it creates flyaway hair. Nothing a little hair creme can't fix. I would NOT recommend using this on wet hair. The only time I do is if I'm short on time and even then I only use it on my bangs. It leaves them so rough and dull looking...I can't imagine using this on my entire wet head. Also, if you forget to unplug it, it will beep every hour or two...sometimes its woken me up in the middle of the night. I guess it's promoting safety! haha overall, I have no complaints - this straightener gets the job done!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by brimariemac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

THIS IS HORRIBLE FOR YOUR HAIR. DON'T USE IT. My cousin is a hairdresser, and she warns about how bad this is. It will ruin your hair, even if you use a hair protectant. It is not good to straighten your hair while it is wet, even though this product claims to be able to do so. It will damage your hair. Plus. it makes your hair look like a piece of paper after you use it. It makes it TOO straight, to the point where it's not attractive. Just get a different straightener, please.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is SO bad for your hair. i damaged mine so badly with this tool. i would not recommend any wet to straight hair tools whatsoever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 10:54:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE THIS FLAT IRON!! I used to do the blow dry then flat iron routine. It got to be too much of a hastle, so I stopped doing my hair altogether and just started doing this braided hairstyle that I could do in less than 5 minutes that got me lots of compliments. However, I missed the days of long smooth, shiny hair Although, I don't think my hair ever looked that good straight, until now!! I wash my hair & condition in the shower, use Tresseme's split remedy leave-in, then John-Frieda's heat protecting frizz-ease serum. I know those sound like a lot of products, but it takes a minute to apply them. The wet 2 straight has many levels of temperatures, I use between 350 to the lowest heat setting it will go. I let my hair air dry for about 10 minutes while I put on my base makeup, then I part my hair in sections, and get to it with this straigthener. Each section takes about 3 runs over with the straightener to go from wet to dry. However, It takes about 15 minutes give or take for me to go from air dry but still wet to silky straight hair. No joke. My hair has gotten healthier because I have completely cut out the blow drying. I haven't had any problems burning my fingers from the steam, as I grip the straightener on the end to help it clamp tighter and avoid the vents. I own the 2" version, so that probably speeds up the process as well. I really can't say enought good things about this straightener. It's amazing. I have long fine hair, but a lot of it, so perhaps that had aided in my good results, along with all the hair products I use. All I can say is that when I use the straightener, I get tons of compliments on how gorgeous and sleek my hair looks, it's so soft, and I cant stop touching it. I'm talking salon quality looking hair. It's cheap too, so even if it broke, I would go right back out and buy another. I don't think I will ever go back to the blow dry then straighten routine again. This is worth a try ladies!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by KittyLovesGingers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Divided on this one.
All my friends love it and swear by it, but it absolutely fried my hair despite using a heat protector on it.
After chopping off three inches of hair and using a good dollop of Morrocan Oil, my locks are now alot less distressed looking, but I have swapped to a Jose Eber straightener and it's much better for my poor head.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by amanda1117

I had recieved this product for my birthday. Originally,I asked for the Avanti wet to dry straightener but instead I got the Remington because it was cheaper. Remeber,my hair is long and somewhat wavy/curly. When I tried this on my wet hair,it scared me. The crackling and sizzling noise was so loud! I really felt like I put it in a frying pan and cooked it. I also had to pass through my hair more than once,even if I went through my hair very slowly. It did get my hair straight,but it felt very rough and had no shine whatsoever. I was expecting the straightener to give me sleek,silky hair like it said on the box. It did nothing of that sort. Even my old Revlon straightener worked better than this,and it's almost 3 years old! I have yet to try it on dry hair,but my hopes are not too high.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't agree with the latest review who called this tool "the instrument of doom" or something like that. I actually really like this straightener because of its functionality. For one, yes it does straighten wet hair, and I always use a heat protectant, so I'm always covered (no pun intended). The settings are usually set for different TYPES of hair. The doom reviewer does not realize that fine hair doesn't require the hottest setting on a straightener, nor does course hair straighten when used on a low setting. I have fine-medium hair, so I always have my setting in between. The numbers range from 0-30. So from 0-10 is for Dry hair, 11-20 is for Towel-dried slightly Damp hair, and 21-30 is for "Just got out of the shower" Wet hair. If I fall under any of those categories, I always choose the midpoint, meaning when I have dry hair, I go for no.5, damp hair, I go for no. 15, it's as simple as that. Keep in mind, I have the larger straightener, so it's not meant to curl hair whatsoever. It usually takes me 8-10 minutes to straighten and I'm out the door! I took off one lippie because sometimes my hair snags on the metal-aluminum (or whatever its made of) plates.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 10:28:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

Ah, the straightener of doom. One day, when I can afford a GHD, I'm going to have some kind of ceremony in which I destroy this straightener in creative ways, to pay it back for destroying my hair. Oh Remington Wet 2 Straight, how do I hate thee. Let me count the ways!

1. The "Wet 2 Straight" premise is something of a myth. You probably can straighten wet hair with this, but your hair will look and feel like sheet metal.

2. You need to glide this thing over your hair super slowly about 3 or 4 times to straighten. This process, rather than the heat itself, is what ruins hair, which is why you want a straightener capable of high heat.

3. This straightener is not capable of high heat,

4. The heat can be set to anything between 1 and 30, which is ridiculous, because nobody really needs a straightener that can be set to 26 rather than 25, or 29 rather than 30. I've never used anything less than 15, because it's so uselessly cool that you could achieve better results by standing near a warm oven. There's absolutely no point. It's like "this one goes to eleven!" - some genius just said "instead of having 5 settings, let's have 30! IT WILL BE 6 TIMES BETTER!!"

5. The default setting is 15, so if you want the straightener hot, you have to press the damn button 15 TIMES to get it there.

6. Sometimes, as a special favour, the straightener switches itself off, and you have to turn it on again, press the button 15 times again, and wait for it to heat up. Again.

7. It takes FOREVER to heat up. If you're in a hurry, forget it. It would be quicker to get an actual haircut that precludes straightening.

8. You really need to blow dry your hair straight first, which defeats the purpose of a straightener. If I let my hair (thick, mostly straight with a hint of wave) air dry, and then use the straightener, it takes about half an hour, by the end of which time you may as well have just deep fried your hair, because it's COOKED.

9. Even if you do everything right, this thing is slooow.

10. Don't even think about using this to create curls. You'd have more luck with an actual iron (note: do not try that).

11. If you leave the straightener plugged in, even if it's switched off, it will bleep at you randomly for days. It's like a demanding baby. I can be drifting off to sleep and suddenly "MEEP!" I don't know if this is standard safety protocol for straighteners "MEEP!", but like toasters and kettles and most other household appliances, I'd prefer to have the option of leaving it plugged "MEEP!" in.

What I hate most about it is it's the straightener I have, so I have to use it until the straightener I have is a better straightener. There are just times when I want the added polish of straightened hair, and this does the job, slowly, with much frustration, and while inflicting much damage. Seriously, if you want shiny, straight hair today, you will have to tolerate brittle straw-like tresses tomorrow. I'm pretty sure this thing has done some serious damage to my hair over the last couple of years, even though I use it sparingly due to my feelings of anger, disgust, and despair. I'm sure there are inexpensive straighteners on the market that work; I've heard good things about Conair (in fact, I requested one for my birthday, but my brother thought this one looked better - I don't really want to talk about it) and I don't like the idea that straight, shiny hair is only for the 1%.

I once watched someone on Youtube demonstrating curling techniques with a GHD straightener, and at the end of the clip she showed us her COLLECTION of GHD straighteners in a rainbow of colours and styles. What I suggest is that instead of buying a Remington Wet 2 Straight, which I believe to be responsible for all the problems in my life, you write to this overindulged harpy and demand that she share the wealth. I guess I don't really mean that, I'm just depressed about my hair.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No