November 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Moisturizers - CeraVe - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was using this moisturizer with the cerave foaming cleanser. I thought I had found my daily routine for my oily, acne prone, sensitive skin. I was disappointed because I started breaking out with the cleanser for 2 weeks. I decided to get the moisturizer to see if it would help. I was wrong I broke out more the next 4 days. It made my face very very oily. So i stopped and returned both items. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just purchased my second bottle of this and must say that this is my HG moisturizer! It is like a refreshing drink for your skin - it sinks in immediately and leaves no film or greasy feel whatsoever.

It works amazing under makeup and if you use it at night you wake up with glowing (not greasy) skin. I have oily but dehydrated skin (from meds) and found this moisturizer to take care of both issues and my skin is quite balanced now. Definite repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by srhgts

Absolutely love this. It's fragrance free and contains no irritants, has helpful ingredients like hyaluronic acid, and best of all it's light and sinks in easily. I hate sticky, heavy or greasy creams so much, I just won't use them as they make me feel slimy and gross. This feels moisturising, soothing and slightly cooling and just leaves my skin feeling comfortable with no excess cream left on top. I also like that's in a pump bottle, much better and more hygienic than pots and jars, and quicker to dispense. The bottle's opaque too, so protects the ingredients. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Rachaelellennn13

I've been using this for a couple of years now, and I will continue to use it. I used to have terrible acne, and was put on acutane. My skin was so dry and cracked (which is a side affect of the medicine) and my dermatologist recommended that I use CeraVe, and I've been hooked ever since. I'm so picky about what I put on my face but this glides on so smoothly and dries quickly, without feeling like a waste. I absolutely adore this lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 10:55:00 PM More reviews by Alura21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice light-weight lotion. Sometimes I like to use this mixed with a liquid concealer or foundation to make my own custom tinted lotion. I like to use this lotion on my face and body in the morning. I don't feel like it's moisturizing enough for nighttime for my tastes.

Texture: It kind of has a Water-y feel to it. Not runny but not thick at all. I use a pea size (sometimes less) for my whole face.

Scent: No distinguishable scent I could compare to anything else. The scent goes away after it dries.

Finish: Not greasy or shiny looking. Not matte either. Just a healthy dewy look.

Effects: It leaves my face looking healthier and not oily feeling/looking. I feel like it balances my skin out and doesn't break me out. It also helps for a smoother foundation application and makes the makeup not look cakey.

* These Effects is using this along with the Foaming CeraVe cleanser. During the winter I use the Hydrating Cleanser with this lotion in the morning and I still get the same effects.

But if I use the lotion and hydrating cleanser in the Summer it will make my skin greasy feeling.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

A very good moisturizer that is very lightweight. I use this in the daytime because it absorbs quickly and gives me enough moisture for the rest of the day. I don't find it moisturizing enough to use just by itself though, so at the end of the day I use Cetaphil moisturizing lotion to let it work its magic overnight since that one is definitely too heavy for my oily skin.
This is a really great moisturizer to use underneath makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My mom gave me this since it didn't work out for her oily skin. I was skeptical about it, having skin that is extremely dry and prone to acne from silicones, and having had the cream cleanser from this brand burn the crap out of my skin when I tried it years ago. Still, I decided to give this a whirl, and I'm very happy with it. Is it enough to hydrate my skin on it's own? No. During the day I put a thin layer of this over Lumene Dry Skin Cocktail, and though neither of them are enough on their own, together they keep my skin perfectly hydrated from morning to night. Before, when I was using Nuance AM/PM Moisturizer I absolutely had to apply it twice (once in the morning and once again in mid-afternoon) to keep my skin free of flakes and rough patches. I use this at night too, applying a thin layer over my Avene Triacneal (I wait about 30-60 minutes to give the retinaldehyde time to sink in and do it's thing). Plus it's (relatively) cheap, comes in a great big bottle, and doesn't irritate my skin. What's not to like about that? ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I read enough positive reviews on MU boards to give this a try. So glad I did! Great light-weight moisturizer. I use it on body and face. It is perfect. Soaks in quickly, not greasy feeling, inexpensive, good ingredients, fragrance free. Love that it has a pump. I will buy this forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore using CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion. It's lightweight, fragrance free, easily absorbed, inexpensive, does not break me out, and has great ingredients such as hyaluronic acid and ceramides. I plan to buy the CeraVe PM Lotion next because it has niacinamide.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ironicsymphonic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the winter, my hands peel, crack, and split at the knuckles. I know - sexy. It's the cold combined with constant hand-washing and dish-doing. No way around it because of my job and lifestyle.

This lotion is THE ONLY thing that doesn't just seem to sit on top of my scaly cracked alligator hands. It actually soaks in (quickly!) and softens them. I've also used this on my face a few times with no ill effects, breakouts or sensitivity.

Good, basic, fragrance-free stuff, in a nice pump bottle at a reasonable price. I dropped it one point due to the presence of parabens, but sometimes, you just gotta use what works.