CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Behentrimonium Methosulfate/Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-11, Ceramide 1, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phytosphingosine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum

on 6/5/2015 11:37:00 PM

This brand was recommend by my dermatologist and supposed to be great for sensitive acne prone skin. This and the am lotion felt great light and smooth but after a couple minutes of applying under and around my nose started to itchy specially where I had larger more open pores and my face started to turn red. I have large pores and seborrheic dermatitis on my inner cheeks this made my dermatitis more red and itchy. Then a couple days of use It clogged my pores and cause breakouts.

on 6/2/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really wanted to like this lotion but I don't. It seemed like a nice simple lotion for my ultra sensitive skin but it breaks me out and makes my skin red. When I put it on after a shower it burns my face. I don't know why but this product just irritates my skin so I will not be finishing my bottle or repurchasing. The price was good for the amount that comes in the bottle though...it contains a lot of product.

on 5/20/2015 9:00:00 PM

I use this lotion on my face in the morning under makeup and find that it moisturizes my face without irritation yet absorbs into the skin so that it doesn't affect the makeup that is applied on top of it. My daughter has highly sensitive skin and has been using this when her hands or face get irritated and chapped and works well for this too.

It is a very light formula which I'm assuming makes it a good candidate for under makeup but the downside is that it may not be heavy enough for those with extremely dry skin (mine is on the normal side). I also have been using this as an evening moisturizer also and it does moisturize well enough during these non-winter months but I haven't yet tried this as an evening moisturizer during the winter months when my skin does get drier.

I was going to purchase the Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion PM (3 oz for $13.99) but purchased this product instead since the ingredients are identical and you get 12 oz for the same price. I also got it during CVS's frequent Cerave BOGO 1/2 off which makes it even more affordable.

on 5/12/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff! I have oily, acne prone skin and use this on my face and it does not make me break out. I have also used it on my body and it is amazing for my body as well. I was using the Cera Ve cream on my face and it was a little too heavy, and this stuff is just perfect! Not too light, not too thick, just hydrating enough! My only complaint is sometimes it can leave a little bit of shine on your face, but usually it goes away after it sinks into the skin. Love!

on 5/9/2015 1:52:00 PM

Much much more hydrating than the cream for some odd reason. Can sometimes look shiny after application and this might be due to the high glycerin content. At first this didn't break me out but after several months my chin (where I usually don't break out) was breaking out in +10 nasty inflamed white heads. I didn't attribute my break outs to this because I hadn't broken out before but when I was experimenting with my regime and stopped this my breakouts stopped also. I'm pretty sure it was that Ceteareth 20 and Cetearyl Alcohol combo that caused my acne because that combo is highly pore clogging. I have dehydrated and a damaged skin barrier so it feels tight almost all the time even with moisturizer and this helped relieve some of that tightness, didn't get rid of it but helped much more than the cerave baby lotion.

on 4/26/2015 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My dermatologist recommended this and it relieves my skin when it's dry. It does have the potential to make my face look a little oily though so I can't be heavy-handed. Half a pump and pat all over the face is enough for me. I wouldn't say this hydrates my skin really but it will provide some relief, so I wouldn't recommend it for people with really dry skin. Nonetheless it's about the only moisturizer that doesn't break me out, so if you're acne-prone and then it's worth a chance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I straight up adore this product with unfailing love. I use this as my facial moisturizer morning and night.

I cannot count how many moisturizers I have tried with all the bells and whistles and fancy packaging. My skin is dry with a normal T-zone and I am acne prone. I never found a proper moisturizer for my skin until this one. I alternated between Mario Badescu and Kiehl's for years, but in the winter months I always struggled so much because I got horrible dry patches with tight skin, then I break out, and it's just a horrible cycle.

I started using this Cerave Lotion in December. I did not have any major dry patches this winter (only a few tiny minor ones from spot treatments), and my skin feels like it is finally properly moisturized. I can't explain it, I just love how it feels and my skin looks so much better, so supple and soft. I also have not had any major breakouts since using this but I know that is mostly because of some other products I've been using. But with this lotion, I think my combination of skin care products is finally the right fit for me (finally after 10 years of experimenting!)

By the way, I am still using the same bottle from December and there is probably about 25% still left. And this is after using it morning and night including the neck.

My mom works at a dermotalogist's office and she says the CeraVe representative who comes in has the most beautiful skin (for a middle-aged woman) that she has ever seen. She asked the lady what her secret it, and of course- she diligently uses the entire CeraVe line. I started using it (the am lotion and the foaming cleanser) when I got pregnant. I had terrible hormonal acne- and after 2 weeks of using Cerave, my skin was like a 10 year old's.

I started using this moisturizing lotion a week ago-mixing it with my sunless tanning lotion and applying it to my face and neck at night. Another fantastic product by Cerave!!

on 4/14/2015 11:47:00 AM

First off, I have hypersensitive, acne prone skin. I have both the lotion version and the cream version of this. I don't really use the cream version on my face since it does contain petrolatum. I like how this lotion is very smooth and light in consistency. It's immediately absorbed into my skin. (I have tried the Cetaphil brand and I don't care for it at all. I find that it just "coats" the skin but doesn't really do anything to moisturize - it doesn't penetrate into the skin to retain moisture. Once i wash it off, my skin feels very dry). BUT with CeraVe, I do feel my skin is moisturized! Even after washing, my skin doesn't feel tight like it did with Cetaphil. They also have a BABY version of this lotion that is paraben free. I use that as an eye cream since it's a pretty light moisturizer. I tried it for the face but i don't find it moisturizing enough. Both products works very well and doesn't cause me any breakouts which is a huge plus since due to my skin type, pretty much everything breaks me out! Overall, I'm becoming a huge fan of the CeraVe line! I definitely will be repurchasing!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not really impressed. Doesn't provide enough moisture for my face or body, and it takes a while to sink in on my legs. It leaves a white cast that I have to keep rubbing in. I just don't get the hype. Maybe the cream is better, but if you have dry skin, this isn't your lotion at all. I prefer Nivea Q10 for my body and my usual department-store moisturizer for my face.

Popular Moisturizers