October 23, 2014 | 1968 users online

Blush - NARS - Amour

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by jillrp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I stopped by my local Sephora a few days before taking a vacation because I realized my blush was woefully lacking. I bought this color on a whim, hoping it wasn't too dark for my NC20 skin. It was perfect (in a small amount)! It has no shimmer and is a rosey medium pink. It is very pigmented so a good brush is crucial for an even, natural looking application (I use a Crown angled contour brush). I think this blush would suit all skin types and tones, except for really, really dark skin. Yes, it's a bit pricier than drugstore but the color and quality is unmatched.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Amour by nars is a lovely peachy pink tawny warm blush. Like a distant cousin of deep throat. It's flattering on my NC30 skin. It's gives me that "I just went for a workout" healthy - glowy look.
You do have to be light handed when applying this blush... Just a tap will do and blend blend blend. I feel that everyone can wear this shade, it's just so beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by xtinahb

Gorgeous, HG blush on my NC30/C4 light neutral tan Asian skin. This is THE perfect warm pink blush that somehow doesn't bring out the few broken capillaries in my cheeks. It looks great and flushed without being too clownlike or blushlike, which can happen when I use a heavy hand with MAC's Fleur Power, which is very similar, but not as subtle. I love using Amour to top of bronzers too. It totally gives you that Victoria's Secret angel pink-cheeked look. I apply with a Nars Yachiyo or MAC 116 on top of powdered skin and it lasts 6-8 hours. Love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

I LOVE this color. It's perfect for olive, neutral skin tones like my own. it's matt, so no sparkles. It's sheer, so you can control the application.
Very finely milled Amour is a beautiful blush in an excellent, sturdy compact. HG.
***UPDATE*** Well, it's not as sturdy as I thought. I dropped it...ON CARPET. The powder cracked up into pieces. My beloved Nars which cost me a week's income, is now smashed bits in the pan :C
Be careful, the compact doesn't take impact well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:42:00 AM More reviews by flylikeacg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

if you don't have this blush in your makeup bag/collection, i don't know where you have been, omg. this blush is so perfect, its more for fall time type of color, but here in singapore since its summer 24/7 , i wear it as well throughout the hot weather and it still makes me look great, this was my very first nars product when nars hit singapore stores. its a very warmed toned blush but yet still looks good on my nc35 / medium skin tone. LOVE THIS BLUSH

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

SO BEAUTIFUL. Most natural looking, universally flattering shade ever made. the end.
It gives your cheeks that rosy glow that makes boys swoon..trust me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by cdias16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm NC42,

Just bought this. It's a bit too red on my skin for my liking. I know its not a blush that i will use regularly but will keep for those various occasions that calls for a red blush.

Its highly pigmented - so use sparringly and build!! If you put too much on your brush it'll look too heavy on your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

i asked the sephora sales associate for a baby pink blush that i can use everyday, and he recommended this. i looked in the pan and it looked very warm to me. but when i tried it on, it really does like pink on me. (not baby pink, but it's plain pink.) i'm nw25.

this was my first nars blush and i'm so glad, because i'm in love. it's so smooth, blendable, and very pigmented. i'm excited to try more.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by kitterz83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product. I got it over the holiday with a gift card I received and it is such a beautiful matte pink. It is a bit bright though - but you can sheer it out, or build it up - like with most Nars blushes.

I was afraid at first because it loaded onto my brush to easily and I had to tap it off - so it is VERY pigmented. However, I think it is a bit chalky - a lot of pigment gathered in the corner of the package.

It is silky smooth and blends nicely.

Only issue (other than price for some) is the packaging. While it feels nice and luxurious it does collect dirt. So store it somewhere nice and clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2013 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I was going to purchase Chanel Malice blush as it got wonderful reviews but it costs too much for me to afford or justify now and I had a gift certificate to Sephora so I stopped to look at blushes on a whim there. Oddly enough, this blush has been compared as somewhat similiar to Malice though I had no idea when I bought it.. Amour caught my eye and I bought it on a hunch because the color in the tester looks so close to the color I blush naturally. To me it is a pretty rosey natural blush color. It is matte and very soft and silky and well pigmented. I have somewhat oily skin despite my age and often blushes tend to oxidize to an unflattering orangish color on. This one does not. It also lasts. At the end of a full day it looks like it did when I applied it. The shade, as I have said, is really flattering on me. It does have a red undertone. I like this because I have a rosey undertone to my skin which this mimicks. Because of that red undertone there are probably people out there who this would not look good on, but I am sure it would be flattering on many others as well. I didn't find it hard to blend and it looks natural as long as I apply it with a blush brush that doesn't pick up too much pigment (not a fluffly brush). Edit: I cut this back to a 4. It just doesn't work with some makeup looks (a blush this red is not a go with any look blush) and there are times I think I have it blended and then get to work and realize it isn't and looks unnatural.