October 2, 2014 | 1876 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Cremestick Liner - Beurre

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by feralstrumpet

This is a great neutral that has replaced Spice in my make up box (I don't know if they reformulated Spice but it is too orange and light for me now).

I only wish it came as a pencil so it would last longer.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked this neutral pink brown lipliner as it goes on well with mnay of my lipsticks. It was great that it required no sharpening. Very lasting and matte. Unfortunately, it was a bit too fragile and broke midway only after a few uses. Sigh! I couldn't save it unfortunately. I think I'll stick to lip pencils instead as they are more durable. It's a pity MAC doesn't offer a refillable version as this would help the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by pearlr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first Cremestick and the I got it by mistake. The SA picked out a shade from their regular lipliners to go with Cultured lipglass. But when I came home and checked she had given me this Cremestick instead. Am I glad she made that mistake. At first I was not sure if this shade will pair well with Cultured ,but it does..I just lightly line my lips with Beurre and apply Cultured - love the look :)

I love the ease with which the Cremestick glides over and lines my lips.Much better than regular lipliners ! Its my HG in lipliners now !! I think
Beurre is a very versatile shade.My lips are very lightly pigmented and I can pair it with Viva Glam V and Cultured
Will definitely buy it again and other shades too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by evillittlekitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beurre is a lovely pinky brown shade that is very easy to wear on its own. On me, it shows up a bit too brown to be MLBB, but this shade is the closest I could ever get to having a classic Angelina Jolie lip (that actually looks good on me). Considering I look NOTHING like Angie -- I'm pale, pink, and freckled -- that's pretty effin' awesome.

It suffices to say that a nuder color like this pairs easily with everything -- I've worn it on subdued, "natural-looking" make-up days, and with super-smokey looks, both to great success.

As for the product itself, creamstick liners are awesome. Super soft and creamy to apply, easy to blend, and the pencil itself is self-sharpening, so easy to use. As I said, I wear this alone, and it's got great, non-drying staying power.

I agree with many others on this board that this shade should be made a full lipstick. But in the meantime, Beurre as a lipliner is a staple in my make-up box, and I will definitely, definitely keep repurchasing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2010 12:04:00 AM More reviews by lipstickfashionista

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this and I LOVE the color--I second the reviewer who says this should be made into a full lipstick! If anyone started a petition to MAC to do that, I'd sign it! I would love to find a MLBB lip color this subtle. It's a very nice, neutral color that works well with my lipsticks, it's sort of a brownish plum. It works exceptionally well with most of my lipsticks, especially MAC's Polished Up and A Storybook Ending (from the Tartan Tale A Fabulous Fantasy lip palette). It works the best with brownish pink or brownish plum neutrals. It complements my lip colors without clashing, or without being too "matchy-matchy". In some lights it even seems to add more dimension to the lip color. I love the color so much that on occasion, I'll fill in my whole lip with it, then put on gloss on top--got a lot of compliments when I did that. It also has a wonderful creamy texture to make it less drying than other comparable lip liners. Over time I've come to appreciate it even more than when I first bought it and, in fact, just repurchased it after running out. Definitely give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2010 3:37:00 AM More reviews by GinaM98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:

Very Creamy
Easy to apply
Beautiful neuteral shade

Cons:

Not long lasting at all for me

Lasting power is the most important thing to me so that being said, I prefer my $3 Rimmel 1,000 Kisses lipliner to this. Good product, but not good enough.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 3:09:00 AM More reviews by sarahlen

This is ok. the packaging is amazing, I love the self sharpening aspect, so convienent and sanitary. Then the colour, its heading in the right direction, but a little to dark for most lips i think. The formulation is very creamy, you dont have to tug your lips at all which is great. It lasts pretty well. What I dont like is that it is too sharp and too
precise for me. really sharp and defined is a really good look for eyeliner but for lipliner it can be really harsh and un-natural. I think im going to stick with my rimmel wich gives a thicker line that looks less mamacita.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 1:00:00 PM More reviews by hodgam8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

As everyone else has said this is a great great color. Its so creamy and applies so well and because of its gorgeous pink-ish color it matches nearly everything, and can be used to fill in the lids and then covered with a lipglass! Its wonderful and I love pairing it with Viva Glam VI Lipglass

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2009 9:32:00 AM More reviews by mac222

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am falling in love with MAC lips first! I have been slowly gathering all of their lip liners and have to say that my latest, Beurre, is my favorite! A deep plummy rose shade, this l/l fills a gap in my m/u stash. I have many of my nighttime l/s that this will be perfect with! The cremestick liners have an amazing texture and go on so beautifully. I'm addicted! I agree with the reviewer who said that this plumps up their lips-mine too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by luxwasfourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

amazing! i would be so sad without this.. nice natural plum colour that goes well with all my lipsticks. staying power is divine and the added bonus is it makes my lips looks plumper.