Mane 'n Tail Shampoo

3.7

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulphate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin.

on 2/10/2015 12:28:00 AM

This is a very good shampoo, especially if you have oily hair! I have pretty medium-thick, LONG, wavy hair and when I use this it makes it even MORE volumized! It does tend to get a little drying, so I'd recommend having another shampoo (possibly sulfate free or a cleansing shampoo) to get rid of any build up. I have really oily, color-treated hair that I can only go about a day inbetween washes, but I noticed that I can go an extra day or 2 without washing my hair if I use this.
Your hair may seem a bit "waxy" or "stiff" after you get out of the shower, but when your hair dries it is so soft and beautiful! Plus, the conditioner is my most favorite of all time! The only downside is that it's not as "thick" and creamy like most conditioners. It's actually very light and slightly "watery". Both the shampoo and conditioner don't really have that "flowery" or "fruity" smell. It's just a plain out shampoo smell I guess lol
Btw you can find this in the pet shampoo isle or Sally's! Haha, strange right? But it's so worth the try! I definitely recommend!

I am trying to grow out my hair, and I did not notice a difference. BTW, I gave it a chance and waited till the whole bottle was finished

on 2/7/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Overall, I would give this product a 4. Its very good on dry hair and gives your hair a more natural wave pattern. The only down side is the build up. But it is a great affordable product to use. It also thickened my used to be thin hair. This is my 2nd time using it, and its awesome!

on 2/6/2015 10:19:00 AM

it makes my hair super shiny and soft, but has a lot of build up. not much lather either. I'm not sure about growth as I've only used the product 3 times every other day. I started on feb 1, so I'll post an update at the end of this month

on 2/3/2015 4:40:00 PM

I purchased this after reading all the great reviews online. It cleans my hair, in fact I think it cleans it too much. My hair was really dry after using it. I didnt get hair growth, as some reviews online claim. Nor did I get shine, or softness. Just dry hair and scalp.

I won't be repurchasing. This may work better for people with oily hair/scalp.

on 1/25/2015 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this shampoo, because I've read on numerous blogs that this was supposed to make your hair appear healthier as well as grow thicker etc. While none of this happened for me, it was a fairly good shampoo regardless in terms of cleaning etc. Nothing special but at least it didn't cause my scalp to flake, and it smelled fairly nice.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this shampoo! It really cleans out my hair! I only need to use a small amount on my armpit-length hair in order to clean it. I use it after doing an oil treatment, and it cleans all of the oil out of my hair beautifully! I do coconut oil treatments about 2-3 times a week, (sounds like a bit much, I know, but my hair loves it!) I massage it throughly into my scalp for about 1-2 minutes every time I shower, and all of the coconut oil is out of my hair just like that! I used to always get oil residue left behind with other shampoos!

Since using the shampoo and conditioner, my hair has been much more manageable. The only issues I have is that it may be leaving build-up in my hair. I have very hard water though, so I'm not too sure that it is the mane n tail causing the gunky-ness. I clarify every two weeks anyway.

My hair has also been getting a lot thicker since I started using it. I am also taking biotin right now, so that also helps, but I do think that mane n tail contributed to making my hair thicker. I don't know if it has made my hair grow faster, but it definitely makes my brittle, curly hair stronger. Although I still get split ends, they definitely don't get as bad as when I first started using it.

I will update this review if I notice anything else about this shampoo!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

PROS:
- My hair already grows fast (an inch a month) but with this shampoo, my hair grew 2 inches in a month :D
- Relatively expensive in my area ($12 CDN) but I hear that it's a steal compared to other shampoos that claim to increase hair growth.
- Doesn't dry out my hair and leaves it moisturized too!

CONS:
- No smell :( So I use a nice-smelling conditioner!
- The bottle is heavy and I feel like I'm lifting weights when I use it, haha!

on 1/20/2015 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This shampoo is amazing!! I use the conditioner along with it and it makes my hair feel and look so nice.

I bought this because I heard it made your hair grow faster, but I've only used it twice so I'm not too sure about that yet, but I can say that even if it doesn't make my hair grow, it's still amazing. I have really curly/frizzy hair, and as soon as i used this foundation I could see a difference straight away. My hair was very tame, more wavy than curly, and there's no frizz at all. It makes my hair so soft and shiny, which is a huge plus as my hair is quite damaged from putting highlights in my hair over summer. It wasn't only me who noticed the difference, everyone I met the day after my first use were complimenting me on my hair and asking what I'd done different. Overall, this product is amazing, well worth it.

on 1/18/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is gross. A coworker recommended it because she said it would help my hair grow fast after I cut it. Not only did it NOT help my hair grow any faster, but it doesn't smell good...and then it hit me: Why am I using shampoo intended for horses??? Sorry but there's too many good human shampoos out there to be using this junk.