April 20, 2014 | 875 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Candy Cane 3-in-1

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a true candy cane scent: not too strong, not too sweet. The lather is rich and even a bit creamer than some other Philosophy gels I own. The brand tends to repeat scents, so this one is marketed as Candy Cane in the winter, and also led a summer life as Empowermint. It's invigorating and cooling without ever causing that menthol-burning feeling. I've deducted 1 lippy because it scores a 5/10 hazard rating on www.cosmeticdatabase.com.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 7:49:00 PM More reviews by addysmom

This is a staple during the holidays. I don't think I would use any other time of year. My kids love it also. It does tingle on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2007 9:55:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This does smell like a candy cane or a Brach's peppermint candy. It is not overpowering peppermint but rather a sugared mint scent. The scent does not linger at all. It is a nice scent to have around the holiday time. As a cleanser it performs like an average body cleanser; I would not wash my hair or take a bubble bath with this formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 8:05:00 AM More reviews by april4

this stuff is so great to use around the holidays. the smell is invigorating

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 9:15:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Philosophy 3-1 are actually fun if you have younger children who you have to fight to bathe LOL ----- I have three children and they are addicted to the 3-in-1. I have Candy Cane, Cinnamon Buns and Hot Chocolate Cocoa and my kids actually look forward to showering as they really enjoy using these --- they try a new flavor each night and actually now I have to yell at them to come out of the shower LOL. I actually showered earlier using the Candy Cane (which is my favorite of the three) and I surprisingly found that it was very gentle and made my skin feel soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2007 7:25:00 PM More reviews by JayBay714

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm split on this one. I like it but I don't love it. It's nice but it's not fantastic. It's definitely nice in the morning--- it's a fresh wake you up scent. I wouldn't use it at night....it's not soothing. I also wouln't use it as a bubble bath for that reason. As a shower gel though it is nice. This is a flavor your husband could also use. It's not feminine at all and since it doesn't really stay with you after you rinse, it's definitely something a family could share if you wanted to. It's nice for Nov/Dec--- it does lend toward a festive feeling if you associate candy canes with the holidays like I do. I may or may not buy it again-- but if I did it would be in November next year. I wouldn't enjoy this in the spring.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by foxred

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells pleasant, but there are many other mint shower gels, shampoos, and bubble bath options out there that smell just as nice. As a shower gel, it is okay but nothing special. As a bubble bath, it fails utterly -- it doesn't produce many bubbles and the bubbles that do appear dissipate rapidly. Nor is the bath water notably fragrant or moisturizing. A resounding "eh".

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I wish Philosophy soaps weren't so expensive! Still, it's a huge bottle that should last pretty much forever. I bought this after reading consistently great reviews, and I'm glad I did. It's so refreshing and pepperminty. I only use it as a soap, not a hair product, so I can't comment on that aspect, but what a great fall and winter shower gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2007 2:58:00 AM More reviews by fivetwo84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been pondering buying this for a while. I'm glad I finally did! I love the smell, the way it lathers, & it tingles!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 10:25:00 AM More reviews by icesk8ersm0m

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of the philosophy shower gels, and was dying to try the Candy Cane scent. This smells so good! It's very creamy, producing lots of suds. Rinses without leaving residue. The smell doesn't linger long, which can be a good thing. I highly recommend it.