September 21, 2014 | 1642 users online

Body Scrubs - 100 Percent Pure - Vanilla Bean Buttercream Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie214

C.O. Bigelow sells this & it is AWESOME. Delicious.....My HG in the shower/bath. The scent is so yummy...it lingers on your skin like the scent of sugar cookies!
Leaves my skin soft & silky.
FABULOUS!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by shinegirl

I love this stuff. I get it from Ulta and I always have a coupon for a few bucks off. So it actully is pretty cheep for what you get. I love the fact that it is all natural and organic. I am a huge natural skin care girl so that is really inportant to me. The reason I tried it in the first place is because I was looking for a fine textured sugar scrub. I have a skin condition on my arms that looks like dry acne and I never want to wear short sleeves, even in the summer. I hate the way people look at my arms. Even my husband wouldn't run his hands down my arms because they were so rough. I started useing this scrub once a day in my morning shower and after about a week the bumps were gone. My husband one day said " WOW!! honey your arms look great!". Thats when I was sold. I have never had a scrub work this well. I love it and will always be a loyal fan. Oh.. and I love the smell!! It makes me think of buttercream frosting on a cake. Yummm!!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by frenchlibrarian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with previous reviewers, this is a fantastic product. It smells wonderful, is made off natural ingredients and moisturizes lightly.Wonderful, I would be buying more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 6:44:00 AM More reviews by catelfinel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So with a name like that this product should smell pretty good...you have no idea...it leaves your skin, bathroom and clothes smelling good enough to eat - a natural product, yet it has staying power! The smell is sweet of course but not cloying - think vanilla, hazelnut and coffee shake. The thing I like best about this product is that the quality of the ingredients used is second to none. Unlike 95% of the brands out there who really skimp on quality (preferring to spend the money on advertising probably) the ingredients in this scrub have an affinity with the skin and protect, nourish and leave skin glowing.
I love the texture of the sugar in this scrub, it's not harsh or abrasive, just does the job of exfoliating and is incredibly moisturising. A little goes a long way especially as you can forgo moisturising afterwards. My only gripe is the retail price in the UK. I purchased at Selfridges and quickly relaised that I could have got a better deal buying online from the States (even including postage to the UK).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 5:23:00 PM More reviews by tsrdlips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of the best scrubs out there in the market place. All natural, the smell is divine and leaves my skin baby soft with a nice glow. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jennhope001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is awesome! It is not too oily nor does it have extremely large granules in it so it gives you a nice exfoliation without being too harsh. It smells like vanilla birthday cake and the scent lightly lingers on and isn't overpowering when you get out of the shower. There is no need to use a moisturizer after using this product as it does leave a nice oil residue behind that sinks into your skin and makes you very soft. Also, as with all 100% Pure Products, there is no parabens, sulfates or other harsh, toxic ingredients, which makes this product even more wonderful in my book. I do not have any complaints with the actual product itself. It is packaged like most scrubs normally are (in a plastic tub) and it is on the more spendy side ($18) but it is worth it (and it is larger than the scrubs sold for more at The Body Shop, which are not even as good as quality as this scrub is). My only dislike is that it is sold in Bath and Body Works (do not be confused as it is not made by them, 100% Pure is actually a small company located in Oakland, CA but it is sold in B&BW flagship stores) as I typically do not shop at B&BW because I hate all the chemicals and additives they place in their products and the testing they do on animals and therefore try not to give them any money. If you feel the same about forking over your credit card to B&BW, 100% pure products can also be bought at http://www.100percentpure.com/.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 4:19:00 PM More reviews by elusiveire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Mmm, delicious. I live in a dorm and while showering my roommate (from the the next stall over) exclaimed, "it smells like cupcakes! that is amazing!" Yep, that was this scrub. It almost smells a bit almondy. The granules are rough enough to feel like it's actually working. It leaves your skin feeling smooth. The natural oils in this scrub make it so I don't need to use body lotion after I use it in the shower, and I smell good all day. It does make the shower a bit slippery, but no big deal. It is also pricey, but it doesn't bother me. It is worth it for a great product that is also organic and cruelty free. It leaves you smooth and feeling good about not scrubbing chemicals into your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by newsystyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Possibly the best body scrub I've ever tried. It's a fine sugar scrub that's neither too dry nor too oily. I use my fingers to scoop it out of its 14 oz plastic tub. It rubs very well onto skin, leaving behind a warm delicious vanilla cookie smell and moisturizing oil (not a slick, but just enough to rub in). The smell, though faint as the day wears on, still lasts on me. This is an organic scrub with so many natural ingredients, I've often thought about eating it : ). Though I haven't gotten that far (yet!) I will definitely be repurchasing this fantastic smelling scrub. I got this for $18 at C.O. Bigelow, which I consider a lot of money for a scrub, but this is a sizeable tub that is lasting me a while. It does have an 8 month after opening expiration date. The lotion of the same scent is equally yummy and moisturizing. This also comes with a thick winter cream, which wasn't available at the store when I went (but will definitely be on the lookout for it).

As was listed below, the website for this is www.puritycosmetics.com. If there is a C.O.Bigelow near you, the SAs encourage you to get free samples of everything, something to think about if you don't want to plop down $18 before trying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2005 11:20:00 PM More reviews by maggierose4

100% Pure is a line of 100% Vegan, cruelty free and naturally based body and face products. The incredible scents of the products come from natural extracts, oils, nuts, coffee, chocolate and purees. 100% Pure Vanilla Bean Buttercream Scrub has a rich, decadent smell in the jar. It's packed in a large 14oz. plastic jar. The formula has a mix of Tahitian and Madagascar vanillas, both prized for their aroma and taste in foods. This scrub is sugar based and the white cane sugar in it is table grade in size. So the scrub should be fine for those who want a mild, non-irritating exfoliator. Virgin coconut oil, cocoa butter, Macadamia and Kukui nut oils, unrefined shea butter, green coffee extract, vitamins C and E, Hazelnut absolute, plant amino acid and phenoxyethanol complete the formula and make for a thick paste. You will need a spoon or scoop to help get this out of the jar. It looks and sounds a bit like Italian ice when you scoop it out. To try this out, I applied the scrub to my wet hands and rubbed. The sugar was gently exfoliating and dissolved within a minute or two. The gorgeous scent quickly dissipated also, much to my dismay. This wasn't a total surprize since the fragrances of 100% Pure products are secondary to the skin benefits. My skin was left with a coating of oil that made water bead off my skin. After a rinse and pat dry I massaged the oil left behind into my skin. My hands and nails were left smooth and very moisturized, not greasy once it absorbed. A very faint nut-like scent could be detected only if I brought my hand right to my nose. If used on the rest of your body you may not need body lotion or cream afterwards unless you have extremely dry skin. If you want scent you will have to apply one after using this scrub. If you are looking for a product with a scent that will linger on you, this isn't it. If you are looking for a product that is gently exfoliating, moisturizing, 99.75% natural, 100% vegan, paraben and propylene glycol free plus not tested on animals this is perfect. 100% Pure products are available at Bath & Body Works Flagship stores and online at www.puritycosmetics.com.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No