October 1, 2014 | 1638 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Ideal Light Brush-On Illuminator

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by hokwai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I own both of the EL Ideal Ligtht (in light) and YSL Touche Eclat. The two are quite similar in purpose, however, EL is thicker in consistency and provides a tiny bit more coverage. YSL, on the other hand, provides more luminoucity. Both are great and melt into the skin really well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 8:34:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is amazing!!! It's a smooth, light, silky, blendable concealer/illuminator that is packaged in the BEST way. It goes on with a soft brush (like a nail polish brush but a bit bigger). I can use it under my eyes and on my lids and unlike every other concealer in the world it doesn't make that crepe-y look. What's even better is that you can't seem to over-use it! You can apply it first (before foundation) or apply it over your faoundation *OR* apply it dead last AFTER all your foundation/powder/blush....I can't say enough about it. Another thing to add is it's NOT glittery like other illuminators. Yay for EL for creating a product that doesn't accentuate bags and dark circles which is what glittery/shimmery stuff does.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:07:00 AM More reviews by sevbu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This one is the best for the eyes. It doesn't make your lines more visible. Texture is light so it gives a natural finish. I don't have horribly dark circles but i needed brightness around my eyes. Using highlighter as a concealer? i don't think so. For medium skin tones i recommend shade 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Pumukli21

Hi everyone,
This is the BEST Concealer which I tried. I am using this one since years- BETTER than yves saint laurent touche éclat. Match Perfect with my skintone, I would be so happy, if they would produce a foundation from this concealer. It Covers perfect, my lines under my eyes disappear full.
BEST OF EVER!! I Love E.L.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Annabells117

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this! EL Ideal Light is the most gorgeous illuminator I've used. HG status for me.

I wear Light 01 and I'm Linen 1W2 in EL Doublewear & NC20 in MAC. It's the perfect color and texture for me. Light reflective, fair warm shade that counteracts the pink-purple near my eyes and highlights the cheekbones. Not too shiny, oily, sparkly or pink. If you are very cool-toned, you may prefer the pink if Light 01 is too warm.

When I look in the mirror midday, I can tell if I accidentally forget to use this in the morning. That's how good it is. I live in constant fear of it being discontinued.

Paula Begoun recommends EL Ideal Light as 1 of the best illuminators bc IT IS! I prefer this to YSL which I find to be greasy or creamier and more appropriate for mature skin. I've also tried Milani, Revlon etc which didn't work on me.

If you look at the ratings, it appears some ladies rated this down as a concealer- that's NOT its primary function. It's an illuminator, per its name IDEAL LIGHT. Please don't buy this or YSL Touché Éclat for full-coverage concealing of acne scars and dark circles! For that- I recommend EL DW or Vichy Dermablend (my shade: Opal). HOWEVER, EL Ideal Light still performs very well as a light concealer for me. After you apply it, let it sit for a few seconds and dry a bit, then tap with a finger tip to blend. Works for my occasional pimple, too.

Somewhat expensive, but I'd eagerly repurchase and I've recommended it to friends, family & colleagues, all of whom loved it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by thiebautrenata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have dark circles and was looking for a product with very good coverage. I can't say this product is bad, but not great neither. I haven't noticed much difference though. Perhaps I was waiting for a miracle to hide my super dark circles. Next time I will try the YSL one, as I've read many good reviews about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 2:26:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

I don't need a ton of coverage under my eyes, so this is a nice highlighter/brightener. It helps hide the dark circles I do have good enough so I don't need a full on coverage concealer. I like the light reflecting qualities, and the brush is nice, packing is nice too. Elegant.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by tiramisutier

This was a big fail for me. I tried it in the soft pink and light shade. I was looking for something to highlight, illuminate, and maybe even hide some dark circles and bags... but the light shade oxidized within minutes, turning a dark orange color, while soft pink just looked… pink. It made me look worse than having no makeup on (that's why I'm giving it a 1/5)! This product was returned. The only things I liked about it was that it was really nice to blend and the packaging is simple and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by rebecafialho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Amazing, although it's only an illuminator it covers the dark under my eyes and does not crease at all!I've never found a concealer that was so smooth and crease-free, but this is the one.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this thing!
I found it by " accident" ha ha, not looking for something in particular, and I loved it instantly!
I use it for the under eye area, and it does a wonderful job. I have severe dark circles, and this product does it s job very good.It is no miracle, but my appearance is quite improved.
It does not crease and it does not accentuate the fine lines around the eye.
It blends with skin wonderfully.
The brush does a great job also , for getting right under the lashes.
So far I have used 3 concelears, 2 from MUFE and this one, and I have to say that this is by far the best !