July 28, 2014 | 2188 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Kevyn Aucoin - The Sensual Skin Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by delenn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this product! Very, very different from other primers I've used (Smashbox Photofinish, Paula Dorf for Normal/Dry Skin) -- much less siliconey, and more hydrating. Feels good on the skin and leaves a nice finish. You only need to use the tiniest bit. It feels a bit tacky when applied; you have to let it dry a couple minutes before applying makeup.

Comes in a slim pump bottle that dispenses a nice, tiny amount. I use one or maybe two pumps for entire face. The bottle is opaque, though, so you can't see how much product is left in it :(

It's also terrific as a mixer for Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer, which is way too pigmented to be used on its own. Together, these 2 products make up my HG foundation.

My main complaint (and it's a biggie) -- the price is outrageous: $42 USD for a tiny .33 oz tube.

Also wish it didn't contain polyacrylamide :(

Ingredients:
Water, Glycerine, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Beta Glucan, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Glycereth 26, Cetearyl Olivate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Beeswax, Sorbitan Olivate, Fragaria Vesca Fruit Extract (Strawberry), Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Glycosyl Trehalose, Methylparaben, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Starch Hydrdysate, Laureth 7, Disodium EDTA

My skin type: Baumann DSPW (slightly dry, somewhat oily/prone to bleackheads in T-zone, very sensitive).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by PetiteBrunnette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I like the packaging but agree it would be nice to see how much you have left. Especially, if this was something you must have on every day. I actually bought this many months ago and never used it. It seems to go on really nice and doesn't require very much. In fact, it took me a couple of days before I finally stopped using too much. I find that a small dab, and I mean TINY, amount works best. I put it on my fingertip and let is warm a bit and then it spreads evenly. I put this on the under & side of the eyes, forehead and cheeks and then give my entire face a once over. Make sure not to rub this in (gently spread it) so it will form a primer for your skin and let it dry for 1-2 minutes before applying anything else. I like the healthy glow (not the dreaded BE shine... a subtle starlet glow) it gives my skin and it's ability to smooth the texture out. It keeps my foundation, concealer and blush from highlighting my pores and fine lines. I am 28 and because my skin texture is not as even as it once was, pores a little more noticable and my skin becoming drier, a primer seems necessary. If I were younger, maybe this woulndn't seem so great. But, I don't know if I will buy this again simply because $42 for less than 1/2 ounce is incredibly expensive. It depends on how long this bottle lasts. If I can get 6 months use out if then yes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 7:48:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I really like this primer! I've tried the Laura Mercier one (which did nothing for me) and the Smashbox one (which is good also). The K.A. one seems to have less silicone than the Smashbox one so it's "nicer" to my skin. My makeup looks great all day long with this. The only gripe I have is the price (expensive) for the small amount you get (less than 1/2 oz!) and the packaging which is really pretty bad. First, there's the fact you can't see how much product is left and second, it's in one of those sealed pump containers so you can't even take the top off to look inside.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 12:36:00 PM More reviews by umwife11

This product did exactly what I wanted it too--made my foundation last all day (I've used it with KA foundation and GA foundation, both work well); kept my skin looking great and helped the foundation look great. But for the price, I just can't afford to use it every day. You're paying a ridiculous amount of money for very little product. I am certainly not opposed to paying a lot of money for a good product--I use GA almost exclusively right now--but at least you get a good amount of product for what you're paying. Not so with this little tube. But if you've got the cash....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:43:00 AM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this product is over priced and my pump broke but otherwise the product itself is light and silky. It did make my SSE go on smoother and curbed the tendency to grab on to my dry spots.

It's not total sillicone like Smashbox either which is nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

As with any primer, it claims to provide a base for flawless foundation application. As with all primers I've tried, I really don't notice a difference. Consistancy is a very light lotion. Glides on nicely over moisturizer. Leaves a very slight pearly sheen on my skin. Nothing noticable or dramatic. While my foundation or TM and concealer do go on smoothly, it doesn't really make my foundation last any longer, or look any better than it normally does with my emerginC hyper-vitalizer. Doesn't clog my face like some of the other silicon primers have. Seems like I've tried just about every primer out there now and they just don't seem to work for me, but as far as primers go, I like the consistancy, packaging (tiny little pump tube), and slip the best.