August 29, 2014 | 1209 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by TheAmyNicole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like any clinique product this was reasonably priced and came in stylish minimalist packaging. However, the product itself left much to desire. The revolting menthol scent and "cool" feel makes my skin crawl. I broke out after using this for a mere evening. It's very drying and left my skin with a dull look to it. I do not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tend to switch up cleansers quite often, but I always seem to go back to this one! My skin feels so clean and soft after using it, and it cleared up my skin quite a bit. I switch between the oily skin version in the summer, since my skin is greasier, and the mild version in the winter (the oily skin one is a bit too drying). The only con is the packaging, when I use it in the shower, water leaks into it and after a while the cleanser becomes too watery, so I always have to remove it from the shower. Other than that, this is my all time favourite cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only been using this product for a week but so far I really like it. It foams but not too much I do have to wash my face twice with this to get all my make up off, but I only use an amount the size of a dime so it will still last for a long time. I like the tingling it gives my face and my face just feels super clean with no residue left behind. Will update if things improve or get worse.
Edit: I will be returning this system as it has not done anything except make my skin soft which I can get with any other descent skin care.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 8:27:00 AM More reviews by julia0987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Never again. It's overly drying! The problem with clinique is that it prides itself on being fragrance free but contains ingredients that are harsh and irritatating to skin - PEGS, disodium, SLS as the second ingredients after water.
Sigh, and they charge $50AUD for this stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

This is the best cleanser I've ever used in my life! Whenever I use cleansers from other companies, I break out here and there. However, ever since I started using Clinique, I remained breakout free! It doesn't form that much foam because the texture is like gel. After I wash my face with this, I swipe my face with a swipe of cotton wet with Clinique toner. Usually, clinique toner picks up the remaining bb cream when I use a different cleanser, but the same thing did not occur when I used Clinique liquid soap. It surely makes my pores extra clean!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, gentle, mild, thorough cleanser. I cannot handle the stench... err... scent and it tastes terrible (yes, you know you get cleanser on your lips, too... don't judge! LOL!). It does a good job of cleansing and leaving my face feeling quite nice. Nothing stellar about it. CeraVe foaming facial does just as good a job for a lot less money. I'll use it up since I just got it but I won't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I've been on the hunt for the perfect facial care system. I'm 33 years old with oily prone Hispanic skin. I don't have any wrinkles (yet) but suffer from genetic undereye circles, large pores, and a never ending supply of blackheads on the chin and nose. What I need is a skin care line (and I'm willing to pay the price) that will minimize my pores for a more airbrushed look, get rid of the blackheads, and brighten my sometimes dull complexion. I went ahead and splurged on the 3-step system #4, Wash Away Gel Cleanser plus the Dark Spot Corrector and Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum (see my other reviews.) All in all, it set me back about $150.00. I decided to review each part of the system separately because some elements work better than others. The first step was to remove makeup with the Wash Away Gel Cleanser, then use this Liquid Facial soap. While I didn't have any breakouts from this cleanser, it wasn't anything fascinating. I prefer a foaming cleanser, and this soap has the consistency of Dial hand soap. I guess it did the job, but my face did not feel uber clean. I've been more impressed with drug store washes. The packaging is really where Clinique drops the ball. I keep my face wash in the shower (who doesn't?) and the pump bottle somehow got water in it and the soap became very liquidy. By the time I got halfway through the bottle, it was mostly watery soap. For me, this was a dud.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Joy16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this of the clinique counter for free to try with my clarifying lotion 2 and dramatically different moisturizing lotion. This is not the best cleanser for me. First of all, the texture is rather runny and it doesn't foam at all, so I don't know if it's actually working. The smell is unattractive but I can deal with it. This didn't dry my skin out but I don't think it did a great job cleansing. It certainly removed my makeup, but that's it. I broke out on my T-zone after using this. Nothing unmanageable though. My cheeks were dried out. If you want to try this, gett a sample size. This product is bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

the bottle is really big but at the same the product is really thick, but i think the because of the size of the bottle this will last you a long time. it removes makeup great, even the indestructible revlon colorstay. although it doesnt remove colorstay COMPLETELY, it removes the majority of it. i use this mostly as a makeup remover followed by my cleanser. some people say this is drying, which i agree, but its not too overly drying. just follow up with a moisturizer and its fine. i dont use this anymore because i found a soap bar that can remove ALL my revlon colorstay, but this is still good cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i use this as apart of the 3 step system years ago when my skin broke out badly then switch to cheaper drugstore products. i recently haven't been happy with my old skincare so i switch back to this the dramatically different gel, love this lather well rinses clean no strong smell will buy again and try more clinque skincare