April 20, 2014 | 1822 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

This is the best cleanser I've ever used in my life! Whenever I use cleansers from other companies, I break out here and there. However, ever since I started using Clinique, I remained breakout free! It doesn't form that much foam because the texture is like gel. After I wash my face with this, I swipe my face with a swipe of cotton wet with Clinique toner. Usually, clinique toner picks up the remaining bb cream when I use a different cleanser, but the same thing did not occur when I used Clinique liquid soap. It surely makes my pores extra clean!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, gentle, mild, thorough cleanser. I cannot handle the stench... err... scent and it tastes terrible (yes, you know you get cleanser on your lips, too... don't judge! LOL!). It does a good job of cleansing and leaving my face feeling quite nice. Nothing stellar about it. CeraVe foaming facial does just as good a job for a lot less money. I'll use it up since I just got it but I won't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Aquinstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So, I've been on the hunt for the perfect facial care system. I'm 33 years old with oily prone Hispanic skin. I don't have any wrinkles (yet) but suffer from genetic undereye circles, large pores, and a never ending supply of blackheads on the chin and nose. What I need is a skin care line (and I'm willing to pay the price) that will minimize my pores for a more airbrushed look, get rid of the blackheads, and brighten my sometimes dull complexion. I went ahead and splurged on the 3-step system #4, Wash Away Gel Cleanser plus the Dark Spot Corrector and Pore Refining Solutions Correcting Serum (see my other reviews.) All in all, it set me back about $150.00. I decided to review each part of the system separately because some elements work better than others. The first step was to remove makeup with the Wash Away Gel Cleanser, then use this Liquid Facial soap. While I didn't have any breakouts from this cleanser, it wasn't anything fascinating. I prefer a foaming cleanser, and this soap has the consistency of Dial hand soap. I guess it did the job, but my face did not feel uber clean. I've been more impressed with drug store washes. The packaging is really where Clinique drops the ball. I keep my face wash in the shower (who doesn't?) and the pump bottle somehow got water in it and the soap became very liquidy. By the time I got halfway through the bottle, it was mostly watery soap. For me, this was a dud.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Joy16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got a sample size of this of the clinique counter for free to try with my clarifying lotion 2 and dramatically different moisturizing lotion. This is not the best cleanser for me. First of all, the texture is rather runny and it doesn't foam at all, so I don't know if it's actually working. The smell is unattractive but I can deal with it. This didn't dry my skin out but I don't think it did a great job cleansing. It certainly removed my makeup, but that's it. I broke out on my T-zone after using this. Nothing unmanageable though. My cheeks were dried out. If you want to try this, gett a sample size. This product is bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 4:31:00 PM More reviews by bbybreanna

the bottle is really big but at the same the product is really thick, but i think the because of the size of the bottle this will last you a long time. it removes makeup great, even the indestructible revlon colorstay. although it doesnt remove colorstay COMPLETELY, it removes the majority of it. i use this mostly as a makeup remover followed by my cleanser. some people say this is drying, which i agree, but its not too overly drying. just follow up with a moisturizer and its fine. i dont use this anymore because i found a soap bar that can remove ALL my revlon colorstay, but this is still good cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 4:19:00 PM More reviews by dahoodmodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i use this as apart of the 3 step system years ago when my skin broke out badly then switch to cheaper drugstore products. i recently haven't been happy with my old skincare so i switch back to this the dramatically different gel, love this lather well rinses clean no strong smell will buy again and try more clinque skincare

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Yuix

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Severe acne, sensitive, oily skin. I used this with the three step system, and liked it for the most part. Didn't do much for my acne at all, but wasn't too terribly bad. Also, despite having oily skin, I found this to be too drying. It made my skin very tight and uncomfortable. The only good thing I have to say about this product is how long it lasted, it lasted me almost a year. Overall, I probably wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:41:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

For reference, I have combination, acne prone skin. Each time I have used this, I used the 3 step system. I had the facial wash in combination oily, the clarifying lotion in 3, and the dramatically different lotion in combination oily.
I had first tried this when I was 13, because I was having some trouble with acne. The facial wash was a thick gel with a mild pleasant smell. The clarifying lotion, which has alcohol in it, felt a bit drying, but I stuck with it anyway, and I loved the gel consistency of the moisturizer. My acne had cleared up within 2 months. I stopped using it because the wash and toner were very drying..
The second time I used it, I had terrible acne all over my forehead. I bought the system again because it had worked very well the first time, but I had no luck. I used it for over 3 months, then ran out, and since it clearly wasn't working, I did not buy it again.
The last time I tried the 3 step system was only a month ago. I'm actually in Sweden right now, so I don't have access to a dermatologist. My skin broke out EVERYWHERE and I freaked out, and I went to buy this, because I remembered I had some luck with it the first ime around. Again, it did not work.
It worked well when..
A) I was younger
B) my skin wasn't as oily
C) my acne wasn't too bad
I guess my skin got used to it. It worked so well the first time around, but since it failed to help my skin the second and third time around, I won't be buying this again. It was ultimately a letdown.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2012 9:56:00 AM More reviews by nicotine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have normal to T-zone oily skin combination. I bought this product because I was enticed by the frosty packaging and the clear liquid simply looked "delicious" to me, so I just gotta buy to try. In addition, my colleague recommended to me as one of her must-buy skincare cleanser. To add to the temptation, there was a cosmetic and skincare sales and the product was selling at SGD25. for 200mL full size bottle. However, I did not find the product cleansed well for me. I always double-cleansing with a make-up oil remover first, followed by a cleanser. I find the cleansing power is mild to my liking despite it stated is for oily skin formula. I used to the half-bottle (approx 2months of everyday usage) as I thought to give it another chance but then pimples began to surface and my pores began clogged. I learnt the hard way - sometimes wastage is inevitable rather than making the situation worse! I just have to dump it even though I thought of using it as bathing solution but I worried my body pores might get clogged. I thought of using it to wash the toilet but it left a film which is quite slippery and pose a safety risk. So it best to be dumped.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by danagreer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not the best cleanser on the market for oily skin, murad exfoliating is a better cleanser.