September 24, 2014 | 1543 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 8:53:00 AM More reviews by Luuuna

I have heard rave reviews about Clinique skincare and decided to get the mild facial cleanser. Btw, this cleanser does not remove makeup.

Initially it was okay,it cleaned my face just like any other facial cleanser. However, after 2 weeks of using this product,day and night, i noticed my skin getting slightly dry but i thought nothing of it and continued using it. A few more weeks later,3 to be exact, my skin started to feel really dry and tight after every wash. I feel like this cleanser sucks all the moisture from my skin which is just horrible!

Only after trying this product, i chanced upon blogs and reviews about Clinique being harsh on the skin. I guess i should have research thoroughly on a product first before purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by mushroom8118

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my travel cleanser. I've been a loyal user of Clinique liquid soap mild since 2007 when I first started working and had to travel from time to time. Having to travel to new places and dealing with all kinds of weather and condition like meetings in air-conditioned room, going on the ground to sites under scorching sun, humid condition, etc I strive for a strong but mild enough all-in-one cleanser that will leave my skin clean and refreshed at the end of the day. I like this cleanser a lot! I think itís awesome as a basic all-in-one cleanser and does not burnt my pocket. It removes oil, sweat, grime, dirt even makeup very well, but it does require a large amount of product for full heavy makeup cleansing. It doesn't lather much but it rinses clean and I am left with clean, refreshed, and perfectly hydrated skin. The price is fair and it lasts me quite a long time. The packaging is nice, fits perfect in my travel cosmetic pouch and the pump lock is travel friendly :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Nobodys_angel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When I first moved to London, my skin took quite a beating. I guess its the pollution and the quality of the water. My skin was rough, patchy and I had loads of blackheads on my nose. I went to superdrug and on a whim bought the grapefruit scrub by Neutrogena, thinking that it would sort the issues out. I thought wrong....on top of the dullness of my skin due to above mentioned reasons, I started to break out in small irritation bumps all over my face. It looked like I had a red awful rash all over. I was quite startled as my skin is usually very resilient and rarely responds adversely.
I then decided that it was time to get pricier stuff and Clinique came to mind because it worked well for me in the past. I marched on to boots and got myself the 3 step system...this cleanser, the toner and the moisturiser...lordy it was the best decision I ever made. My skin cleared up within a week...no more rash, no more roughness, no more patches, no more blackheads....just smooth and clear...and the longer I used it, the more clarity I noticed. Its really brilliant if you have skin that needs a clearing up but then I would avoid it if your skin tends to be over-reactive or sensitive. I know its a little pricey but you really only need a tiny bit so It lasts for ages.
So, let me urge you to take the plunge if you have a dull complexion, with clogged up pores and blackheads...get a sample and test it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:52:00 AM More reviews by lucidjane

After many years of tackling awful acne prone skin, I finally got on top of it. I buy Clinique almost powder foundation as it is the only one that looks natural. The Clinique staff member gave me a little bottle of this to try. I ran out of my usual cleanser so gave it a go for a few days.

Now my acne has returned and even worse, I have blackheads. Everywhere. In every damn pore. It's so unfair! It has to be this product, as its the only new thing I've introduced into my skin care routine.

Very disappointed, will need to shell out on microdermabrasion to fix it. Blackheads are caused by excess oil and sebum, which is caused by products that strip the skin. If you have tricky skin...don't use this. And while I'm at it, the clinique dramatically different moisturiser gave me little red bumps all over after one application. It's pretty poor from a company that lauds itself as skin experts. Do yourself a favour and only use Cetaphil! It's cheap and effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There is something so appealing about the Clinique image - all sterile and orderly. The Clinique ladies are a bit like nurses, ready to tend to your skincare needs. And yet, there is something of Nurse Ratched about them sometimes... there is a 'you need a good scrub with a proper soap!' sort of attitude, at least in my experience. Which is how I got bullied into buying this liquid facial soap, when I was pleading that surely I needed the extra mild one (which no doubt in itself would have been too harsh). I gave in, bought it, with the rest of the recommended three-step system, which I had last tried at least 20 years ago (and it didn't work for me then either), because then I got the pretty bag that the products went into(! ? why?). This stripped my skin 'real quick-like' as our Geordie plumber would say. My general opinion of Clinique skincare is that it's for people with robust skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I consider this mild cleanser to be nothing but mild. It's actually pretty aggressive for my combination skin. It stripped my face completely and the whole system irritated my skin a lot. So recently I tried the whole 3 step system and I really wanted to like it. Basically, I had clogged pores, blackheads and a bit of dehydration from using products that were not suited for me in the last few months. Additionally, my skin was also breaking out on my chin quite a lot, so I was desperate for a solution. I decided to give this a try but... I cannot believe I fell for this 3 step bullshit.

This cleanser smells soapy and has a gel texture. It foams a lot and the second ingredient is the ultra drying sodium laureth sulphate. I didn't realise this until after I purchased it. I gave it a try anyway because I really wanted the system to work for me and also because I knew I had 28 days to try out and return it if it wasn't suitable. After a few days of using the 3 step I broke out even more (and in places I never breakout) and my skin looked thirsty, red, irritated... I returned this and tried the system with the extra mild facial soap that I had been given (GWP) and it left a sticky residue that did not come off no matter how hard I rinsed. I used the extra mild version one night and woke up to a white head the following day- I believe it leaves a greasy film that will result in a spot...

To sum up this is a harsh cleanser which is very drying and irritated my face leaving it thirsty and irritated. Pure detergent. Ridiculously overpriced for what it is. Would not recommend to anyone. The whole Clinique 3 step is a joke, an obsolete one.They want you to believe you're buying something unique when all the other brands also recommend cleansing, toning and hydrating.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good. Gave my skin a stinging sensation then afterwards my skin got oilier. Tsk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by conniesap

I apply this product after the take the day off milk and I really feel a deep clean

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the search for a cleanser that is gentle enough for my currently dry yet acne-sensitive skin, but is still effective enough to take off all my makeup. I bought this after trying a sample and deciding to give it a go.

It's OK. I like the smell of it and, despite what the lady at the counter says, it seems to do a decent job of taking off the remainder of my makeup following eye-makeup remover. It's pretty gentle for the most part, but can be a bit drying so I always follow up with Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. I will likely purchase something else once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is the only Clinique facial cleanser I've tried that my skin can somewhat tolerate. I've used their cream cleanser, make-up removing cleanser and the oily skin version of the Liquid facial Soap which was a horror show for my skin, and the others were extremely drying, irritating or left a gross film on my skin.

The Mild does a decent job of cleansing my skin after I've removed my make-up, but it can be a bit drying. I used it throughout the summer when my skin was oilier, mainly to finish it up. Unless my skin is oilier than normal, my skin feels too taut after washing with this cleanser. The packaging is great though, I love the clear bottle and pump which makes it easy to use in the mornings, no caps to fumble with. Overall - it's nothing special, and it's not even that "mild". It does the job.

Repurchase/Recommend? No, I prefer Neutrogena's One Step Cleanser + Make-Up remover cleansing gel, which leaves my skin soft, removes make-up even eye area, with no irritation or dryness.