April 17, 2014 | 1584 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 2 of 5 on 10/4/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I got this as part of the three step system, and while I did not like this cleanser for myself, I could see how others may really enjoy it.

I have used it religiously every morning since June, and it has not caused me to break out at all. It is very gentle, but a bit too drying for my combination skin. The smell is fine, and for the price, you get a lot of product, like I said, I have used it daily since June and I have about a quarter of the bottle left still.

I think that my biggest complaint would be that it foams. Again, this is just a personal preference thing, but I like to use my Clarisonic Mia2, and I prefer non-foaming cleansers so I don't have to worry about how I am going to keep the bubbles out of my eyes.

While this isn't a bad cleanser by any means, I will not be repurchasing. I think that I will stick to my trusted Mario Badescu cleansers from now on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

My skin is dry and sensitive. There's nothing mild about this product. I tried diluting it with distilled water, but it was still much too drying and irritating for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by christine91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin and i love this produkt. I feel so fresh and clean after using it and i will use this for a very long time, maybe forever?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by Koekiemonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this product as a part of the 3 step system last year. My skin is very oily and acne prone. After about a month of using is twice daily, my skin cleared up immensly. For about two weeks, it was completely blemish free.
However, a couple of weeks later, my acne returned, and it got a lot worse. I used to have it mainly on my chin, around my mouth and nose area. Now, I got painful, red, ugly cystic acne all over my cheeks and jawline, it was horrible. I stopped using the system and my skin cleared up again.
This year, I decided to give this cleanser another go, mainly because it worked so well at first. After about 3 months of using it, I can honestly say I will never use it again. It leaves my skin feeling rough and scaly. And worst of all, my cheeks were once again covered in red bumps.
I've read a lot people having the same experience. It might work for you, but if it doesn't, you might end up with worse looking skin than before. I recommend trying a travel sized tube first, because it's pretty expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2013 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

This came in a gift set and I know know the perfume free Clinique is supposed to be better for you than products with perfume ingredients but I just cannot get used to the smell. i can put up with up with unpleasant smell or consistency if I consider a product to be medication , but for my my daily face wash I want something that actually feels nice and that I look forward to using. I am having trouble finishing up even this little sample tube. I thought it would be perfect for short trips but I end up taking products I enjoy instead anyway. I just had a look for it in my bathroom to make sure I was reviewing the correct product and found the little sample tube had leaked all over, so it's definitely not coming on any trip with me soon apart from the one to the skip.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by junomacguff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been buying this for my husband for years since I figured out it was the same product as the men's cleanser. I decided to try it this summer since my face was less dry than usual. I love how clean it leaves my skin but that I'm not stripped or dry. I will continue to use this until my face dries out with the colder weather and then switch to the Extra Mild Liquid which is also awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by RomanXI

I love this product!
It foams so nicely it makes your skin so smooth and cleans it really well, it made all the pores on my nose shrink away.
I used to have oily temples and side of my nose, it completely keeps oil away, i also noticed i dont have those oily areas anymore.
This doesn't strip your skin of all your moisture, it fights oils, blemishes, dirt and pores, it is one of my holy grail products for my face. It also leaves my face hydrated and soft!
It is a thick clear gel and it lathers so richly, its ultra smooth, it feels like im pampering my face. Would recommend to everyone, with dry, oily, or sensitive skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 5:21:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I usually use Clinique's facial bar soap for the cleansing part of my skincare regime, but my mother-in-law bought this as a present for me (knowing I like Clinique products), so I thought it would be worth a try.

In my opinion it's ok but it's not going to replace my facial bar soap and once it's used up I wouldn't be tempted to buy another one. I can't really say what it is about the product that I'm not keen on, but I guess what it comes down to is that I don't feel like this really cleanses my skin as thoroughly as the bar soap does. It's got a slimy consistency to it too and it doesn't really foam up either. The final thing for me is that if you accidentally get some of this in your mouth (as I have on occasions whilst half asleep in the shower in the mornings) it tastes salty! I know no one purposefully goes round eating their skincare products, but for some reason this has really put me off. Salt equates to drying in my mind and I'm slightly concerned that with continued use my skin would start to react.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by saffronia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It took a sample from Sephora (First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser) to show me just how drying this Clinique cleanser is for my severely combo / sensitive skin. I suppose after using it for the last several years I just assumed clean meant tight and very dry (flakey). I liked how it removed makeup and did not cause me any real skin issues (other than dryness). I tried the extra mild version, but didn't like it (didn't clean well enough for me and left a filmy-feeling). I have been currently using and appreciating First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser and/or Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser--these thoroughly cleanse my skin yet don't leave it greasy, tight, and flakey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I often find it difficult to find skin care products that I really love. I've been using Clinique's moisturizing gel for YEARS and so I after changing cleansers every month I decided to give this one a whirl. I have pretty normal skin, no breakouts, occasional dryness or slight oily-ness depending on the weather.(but mostly just normal) I do not have problems with sensitive skin. This cleanser makes my skin smooth and clean feeling, and I love that it doesn't contain menthol ( I feel cheated when products add this ingredient as it creates the "false clean" feeling). This cleanser does not dry out my skin either like some gel cleansers. I love it! Mild, clean smell, does the job. Worth the price. I use this cleanser day and night as my usual cleanser and have had excellent results.