August 20, 2014 | 1788 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Liquid Facial Soap - Mild

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sciencegeek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I consider this mild cleanser to be nothing but mild. It's actually pretty aggressive for my combination skin. It stripped my face completely and the whole system irritated my skin a lot. So recently I tried the whole 3 step system and I really wanted to like it. Basically, I had clogged pores, blackheads and a bit of dehydration from using products that were not suited for me in the last few months. Additionally, my skin was also breaking out on my chin quite a lot, so I was desperate for a solution. I decided to give this a try but... I cannot believe I fell for this 3 step bullshit.

This cleanser smells soapy and has a gel texture. It foams a lot and the second ingredient is the ultra drying sodium laureth sulphate. I didn't realise this until after I purchased it. I gave it a try anyway because I really wanted the system to work for me and also because I knew I had 28 days to try out and return it if it wasn't suitable. After a few days of using the 3 step I broke out even more (and in places I never breakout) and my skin looked thirsty, red, irritated... I returned this and tried the system with the extra mild facial soap that I had been given (GWP) and it left a sticky residue that did not come off no matter how hard I rinsed. I used the extra mild version one night and woke up to a white head the following day- I believe it leaves a greasy film that will result in a spot...

To sum up this is a harsh cleanser which is very drying and irritated my face leaving it thirsty and irritated. Pure detergent. Ridiculously overpriced for what it is. Would not recommend to anyone. The whole Clinique 3 step is a joke, an obsolete one.They want you to believe you're buying something unique when all the other brands also recommend cleansing, toning and hydrating.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:51:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Not good. Gave my skin a stinging sensation then afterwards my skin got oilier. Tsk.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by conniesap

I apply this product after the take the day off milk and I really feel a deep clean

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2014 9:45:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on the search for a cleanser that is gentle enough for my currently dry yet acne-sensitive skin, but is still effective enough to take off all my makeup. I bought this after trying a sample and deciding to give it a go.

It's OK. I like the smell of it and, despite what the lady at the counter says, it seems to do a decent job of taking off the remainder of my makeup following eye-makeup remover. It's pretty gentle for the most part, but can be a bit drying so I always follow up with Cetaphil moisturizing lotion. I like it, but I'm not in love with it. I will likely purchase something else once I run out.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

This is the only Clinique facial cleanser I've tried that my skin can somewhat tolerate. I've used their cream cleanser, make-up removing cleanser and the oily skin version of the Liquid facial Soap which was a horror show for my skin, and the others were extremely drying, irritating or left a gross film on my skin.

The Mild does a decent job of cleansing my skin after I've removed my make-up, but it can be a bit drying. I used it throughout the summer when my skin was oilier, mainly to finish it up. Unless my skin is oilier than normal, my skin feels too taut after washing with this cleanser. The packaging is great though, I love the clear bottle and pump which makes it easy to use in the mornings, no caps to fumble with. Overall - it's nothing special, and it's not even that "mild". It does the job.

Repurchase/Recommend? No, I prefer Neutrogena's One Step Cleanser + Make-Up remover cleansing gel, which leaves my skin soft, removes make-up even eye area, with no irritation or dryness.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Lorraine6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Way too drying for my sensitive combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tiffany287

I love this soap.I was not using sulfate based soaps on my face but I found that in combination with the ddml plus and the moisture surge gel, that this works great for me. I also use toner, Dickinson's witch hazel. I found that it had healing herbs in hit like chamomile. I like that Clinique uses gentle healing herbs in its products. For a girl who uses natural products like black soap,this seems to clean thoroughly and not strip my skin,but I am using this soap with the very healing and moisturizing moisture surge and ddml plus.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product, but I don't love it. I used this with Clinique's 3-step skin care and it worked well for me. Left my skin fresh and clean, getting off any make up that my makeup remover didn't manage to at night or preparing my face for makeup in the morning. Another positive is it lasts for a long time (and I use it daily, twice...) as you only have to put a small bit of it on your hand for each use. The only thing I didn't like at all about it was the packaging; I prefer the tube version of this product. If I didn't have oily skin, I'd give this a higher rating for sure as it's a great product, just not for my type of skin.

Overall, I recommend this product if you've got dry or combination skin and you're looking for a quality liquid facial soap that will last. However, there are cheaper and better alternatives if you have oily or very oily skin. I found Avene's soapless gel to be a miracle for my very oily skin, for example.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

Frankly, I love this product. I've been using Clinique and their 3-step system since my Junior year of High School (about 4 years ago) and I always come back to it. Usually I use the oily formula for this, but mild works just as well and sometimes I think even better.

Just recently I was using a Neutrogena cleanser, but it ended up breaking me out for some reason. I was so upset because I liked it a lot and I wasn't sure what else I would use, but then Clinique came to my mind (again). So tonight I decided to wash my face with Clinique's 7 day scrub, Mild Liquid Facial Soap, #2 Toner and the Lotion since that's what I used to use about a year ago but totally forgot about.

After doing all this I'm in love with my skin again! I walked away for about 5 minutes, came back and looked in the mirror and I was like "Wow! My skin actually looks GOOD". My skin looks glowy, like it did when I used these products before and my skin just looks happy (if that's even possible). I guess it took a year of me trying a bunch of other products to finally realize Clinique will always be the best face wash for me. It's funny because my great grandma, grandma and mom all love Clinique too as it works fabulous for them as well (maybe genetics? haha). I also love Clinique because it is fragrance free, which is great for sensitive skin.

Anyway, I love Clinique's liquid soap and their 3-step system. I will never stray again and I highly recommend their products!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by WindyRain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought it as part of the 3 step introductory kit and used it for like 5 weeks. Nothing impressive. Skin felt tight and dry after use, gave it a month in the hopes that it might work but didn't. Was like any other facial soap at twice the price. Cleansed well but dried the skin too. I have combination skin with the cheeks being pretty dry, wanted a gentle cleanser, but this wasn't it.