November 22, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Vera Cruz

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by debstar75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shade is a lovely sheer cinnamon, and with additional layering it can become a deep cool red. This shade would look great on pretty much any skintone, but the downside is that it's drying & tends to crease on your lips. I think something in the formula irritates the skin, because I'm left with little flakies when it's worn off. I wouldn't repurchase just due to the price, and how drying this is. If you have naturally moist lips though, give it a whirl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2006 5:00:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

Generally, I agree with everything said below. "Vera Cruz" is a soft, deep cinnamon red (meaning it's more warm than not) with a touch of brown and subtle gold shimmer. It reminds me a lot of my Revlon Super Lustrous in "Deep Nude", except more matte and pigmented. It's pretty on me and the wear is good, as usual with a NARS lipstick, though a bit drying over time. The color really isn't that unusual, though, so I'll probably pass on repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2005 9:16:00 PM More reviews by caroni99

This colour is a sheer cinnamon red on me (NC 44 dark brown hair & eyes.) It adds a nice subtle pop of colour when I wear it. Th formula is sheer so the staying power is not that great but for what it is it's okay. I think this is a universal colour that would suit many skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2005 9:55:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMarie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Disappointing for me. The color is beautiful but the formula of the lipstick has no holding power and disappears quickly. Tried wearing lip primer underneath with no luck. Darn!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2005 2:20:00 PM More reviews by maryme

Vera Cruz is described by Nars as "Sheer Cinnamon"--and while it looks like a dark reddish cinnamon in the tube, it goes on as an ever-so-slightly-brownish sheer red with a hint of gold shimmer. I was surprised that this looked nice on my skin tone, since I cannot wear warm reds well, but the gold shimmer is subtle. I'd compare Vera Cruz to Mac Sophisto, though this one ic clearly more matte and less berry than Sophisto is. Think of Vera Cruz not as a YLBB (for me, ylbb=mauvey) but as YLBR--Your Lips But Redder. I love it, but at $23, I wish it were more moisturizing (like Mac's Lustres) or longer-lasting.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2005 8:32:00 PM More reviews by buttercupt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so this is a nice lipstick but I personally wouldn't repurchase it just because it's too cool for me. It is a cool sheer red with shimmer that turns fuschia on me. The shimmer is hardly noticable on, the texture is nice but the smell is, well stinky. If I were cool toned I'm sure I'd love this lipstick, but being a very warm pale yellow LLL wtih green eyes and brown hair, this does nothing for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ashleybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have to admit, I bought this lipstick because of the name. I am a movie junkie and was automatically drawn to this because I love the movie Jawbreaker! Besides the name, this is a really beautiful lipstick! In addition to being a movie junkie, I am also a NARS junkie! Vera Cruz is exactly as described: sheer cinnamon. You can apply this lightly for a very sheer subtle look, or apply a few layers to deepen the color. It is so pretty either way! I would definitely rebuy this...if I happen to use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2005 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Artbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another great lipstick from NARS. This is a YLBB color for fall and winter. The MA swatched Vera Cruz and several other l/s on her hand to show me that it is quite neutral. On me, it's a medium rosy/plummy/brown color shot with gold shimmer. The shimmer in Vera Cruz is much more subtle than in other NARS lippies I have. It just warms up the color a bit, but otherwise is barely noticeable. Texture-wise it is quite sheer. If you like Dolce Vita and Gipsy, you will like Vera Cruz. I can see this lipstick working for a wide range of skin tones. For reference, I am a cool-toned LLL with red hair and blue eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2005 5:15:00 PM More reviews by artemisa

I'm so in love with this color! Perfectly described in NARS page. I bought it on eBay for a really good price, and I had just seen the pic, never tested it, but I'm really happy I did it. It's a perfect color for Autum, and goes on really smooth! I use MAC lip conditioner under it and doesn't dry my lips.
Still, I need to find the perfect l/l for this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Nerrisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vera Cruz is one of the the new NARS lipsticks for winter 2005. I ordered it without seeing it because of the description on narscosmetics.com: "sheer cinnamon". It's definitely sheer cinnamon with gold shimmer, and it's gorgeous. I expected it to be as dark as it looks in tube, but it does actually go on sheer and is MLBB (I have pigmented lips, NW20). I don't like bold lipstick, so this is perfect for me. It's not terribly drying, but since I have chronically dry lips, I'll probably put a balm on underneath. I love the black rubber packaging as well. Although it's expensive for a lipstick at $22.50, I'd buy it again because I can see myself wearing this all winter!