July 29, 2014 | 1209 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by fushigisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really bummed out having to return this product twice. Its a great powder foundation- doesnt cake, accentuate pores/lines/dry spots, and goes on like a dream. It also doesnt contain many comedogenic ingredients, which is rare in powder foundations.The only problem for me was the color.. its either too yellow (which is strange, I'm asian) or too rosy. I started off with beige rose (32), thought it was too dark and red. I exchanged it for Beige (20) which was nice when I put it on in the morning but oxidized to an orangey shade in a few hours. The colors just did not match the color of my neck, so it wasnt natural. Chanel really needs to make a more neutral shade in between pink and yellow.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by ammasprajna

This is a creamy, dreamy, super-soft powder foundation with excellent coverage. Like other Chanel foundations, however, finding a color match for my pale but neutral skin tone was impossible. I settled on #35 Beige Rose... close enough because I loved the feel of it so much and wanted it to work. I tried it for 2 days, but it left me oily, shiny, and oxidized into a dark peachy pink. I'm sure this is a lovely product for people with dry skin, and I LOVE that for once they didn't put fragrance in a Chanel foundation, but for me this was a wake-up call. This is the 3rd Chanel foundation I've tried (I own VA and tried VA compact as well) and I now realize that I'm never going to find a decent color match at the Chanel counter. The pale shades are very pink or very yellow, so you have to blend two of them to get a neutral. Also, I realized that for the money, you're just getting a very hit-or-miss line with a prestigious logo and packaging that is frankly nothing but shiny, flimsy plastic. They use alcohol and fragrance in SO many of their products, and they test on animals. On the plus side, my frustration with this product led me to find Nars Powder Foundation, which is "Practically perfect in every way," as Mary Poppins would say. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunci

Everything you want in a pressed powder!! I feel like I am truly "putting my face on" and I see me, not the powder. There are no words to describe the finish except FLAWLESS. Worth it, however, it is quite a bit to fork over...($50). I just sponge it on with a damp sponge in the morning, and then touch up when needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by kristenswk

My only con on this amazing product is the cost. Granted it is Chanel, so you are paying for the name and quality, but $50 for a powder is something I never thought I would do. However, I did and I can't say I regret it.

It's true. This powder finishes amazingly well. It never creases, it's incredible for touch ups, and it can create a matte look on my face without aging me (I'm 30). It also creates a sort of glow that isn't shimmery or glittery. I like to apply this with a medium powder brush, but that is more personal preference I think. I've applied it over a BB Cream, just a moisturizer, and over foundation and have loved the look each way.

Enjoy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Beachbunnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This a superior powder indeed! I use this as my fininshing powder over my BB cream for that extra bit of coverage. This is by far the smoothest powder I have ever used! What I just adore about this powder is no matter how much you apply it never cakes! It just glides over skin leaving it smooth and velvety soft. I have the colour suede 115. I know they have re-formulated it, so not sure yet what the new version is like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder foundation I've ever used! It looks amazing! it provides natural, perfecting coverage. I am VERY pale.. nc5-nc10 and I bought 10 beige and it matches perfectly! very neutral leaning yellow shade! I also love the little velvet pouch it comes with to keep the compact in good condition. : )) love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Muriel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this. Beautiful finish, perfect shade for me (Vanilla, intensity 5), portable, elegant. Major con is that the sunscreen protection is rather low (SPF 10).
I won't be repurchasing though as I have recommitted to using/buying only products that do not test on animals. Chanel needs to grow up in that regard.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by rachellyn08

I really wanted to like this product, so I finally decided to splurge. The packaging is obviously cute with the Chanel logo on it, but this product did absolutely nothing for me. It left my skin looking extremely chalky, which could be the lady matched me wrong, but it was horrible. It also had a weird scent to it. I tried to keep using it since I spent so much on it, but I finally gave up. I'll be sticking to my MUFE Duo Mat powder instead!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by ashwarya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Purchased this couple of days back. They reformulated and its now called double perfection lumeire. The finish is really beautiful and sets my foundation very nicely. Not Cakey at all. The new colors have more yellow in em which I really like. Packaging is very classy and durable and comes with a nice size mirror. It's pricey but I honestly think its worth every penny. Hope this helped.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by StrwbrryKitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does anyone have the ingredients to post? I can't find it anywhere on the internet :(