Aveeno Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

3.3

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (3%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Octisalate (2%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, Benzyl Alcohol, Butylparaben, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C12 16 Alkyl Hydroxyethyl Ethylcellulose, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Chrysanthemum Parthenium Extract (Feverfew), Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Ethylparaben, Fragrance, Glycerin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Isobutylparaben, Laureth 7, Magnesium Aspartate, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Aspartate, Propylparaben, Sarcosine, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Steareth 2, Steareth 12, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Water

on 6/16/2014 1:44:00 AM

This has been my go to moisturizer for years. It doesn't work magic but it comes close. Great for dry and irritated skin, it really is calming and leaves the skin looking better quickly. It is thick but if you're wanting calming this is a good thing. Most importantly of the 100's of moisturizers I've tried for my very sensitive acne prone skin this is BREAKOUT FREE!

on 6/1/2014 9:56:00 AM

I have been using this SPF 15 moisturizer for over a year now. I like the consistency of the product - it spreads and moisturizers well without having to reapply several times. It is non greasy. (Love!) I started using it after an allergic reaction from a cheap foundation and t did indeed calm my skin and reduce redness. Though expensive, it has lasted me a long time. This one is in my top 3 favorite drugstore facial moisturizers.

on 4/27/2014 2:24:00 AM

I have only been using this for a week, but so far so good.
It moisturises nicely and doesn't make me shiny. It doesn't sting, or cause whiteheads or pimples. It seems to calm my skin somewhat, especially compared with other "anti redness" creams I have used such as Avene Anti Rougeurs, and Dermalogica (a green, hideous cream).
I would buy it again for calming and sun protection. Oh, and my hubby likes it too.

I had been using this lotion regularly for over a year. I do have dry, sensitive skin with slight redness, and I think I definitely noticed a reduction in the redness,especially now that I have switched to a different product. HOWEVER, I noticed recently that I was starting to get sensitive pink itchy/burning patches around my eyes. Assuming it was dry skin, I used more of this lotion, to no avail. Once I switched over to a new lotion the issues around my eyes have cleared up. Not really sure what happened, but I'm definitely a little nervous to try it again.

on 3/20/2014 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

NOTE: I'm copying and pasting this review I left for the cleanser. I bought both at the same time and have been using them together, so I'm not sure which exactly is the culprit, or if they're both aggravating me. I'm going to experiment and leave off the moisturizer, since I suspect it's the SPF irritating me, and I'll report back with results.

I've had rosacea since I was 15 (lucky me!) and have almost an additional 15 years trying to tame it. I tried this product once many years ago and stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything for me. After some recent research, I decided to give it another try, along with the Ultra-Calming Moisturizer. Hoo boy. I wish I hadn't.

Since my rosacea showed up, I've only had the redness, so I guess that makes me fortunate in one respect. Ever since I started using these two products, though, my rosacea has flared up with a vengeance and brought with it all the itchy, burning, and stinging sensations that I've never really dealt with before. I haven't changed anything at all in my diet or makeup routine, so I know it's either the cleanser or the moisturizer (or maybe both) that have caused this.

Granted, using both products in combination does make my extremely dry skin feel softer and more hydrated (though it's still flaky, but I'm not looking for a miracle here, either), but I've also noticed pimples showing up in places I've never gotten pimples before. And HOW. All over my cheeks (which is where I primarily concentrate with the cleanser, given that's where my rosacea is worst), but also my nose, chin, around my mouth, and basically just everywhere. So the marginally softer skin really isn't worth it for me.

I've been using these two products consistently for almost two weeks now, and it seems like everything's just getting worse. Definitely will not buy again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dunk my head into a bucket of ice to try to calm down the stinging and burning that this stuff has caused.

on 3/6/2014 5:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had high hopes for this face lotion, given that Dr. Leslie Baumann recommends it on her skin type solution book. It is not heavy and spreads well. No bad reaction. The culprit was that I could not stand the strong chemical scent near my nose. The packaging is good and convenient. The entire Aveeno Ultra-Calming line has the same strong smell. Wish they would make it fragrance-free. I will try Eucerin next.

on 2/26/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have always had acne prone skin, but for about a year now I have been experiencing much more severe breakouts so I have been using prescription acne medications. Since my face was so red, dry, and irritated I decided to pick this up after months of debating with myself. It can seem pretty pricey for a drugstore product but I bit the bullet & purchased. It soothed and calmed my EXTREMELY dry skin for sure! It also gave me a glow. My skin is VERY sensitive, however, so I believe the spf ended causing little tiny pimples (which happens when i use any products with spf). However, I will continue to use occasionally and I would completely recommend it if you aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens!

on 2/13/2014 1:21:00 AM

I tried this when I thought I would change my routine up from my regular cetaphil daily moisturizer SPF 15/ oil of olay daily moisturizer SPF 15. Unfortunately, after using this moisturizer I got cystic acne! It was the only thing I changed in my makeup/ daily routine so I knew this had to be the culprit. I gave it another chance... And again I broke out. Also, I didn't find it to be very moisturizing for my combo/ dry skin.

on 2/13/2014 1:11:00 AM

This is about the only moisturiser i can find with bs spf 15. Its a bummer that throughout the day my skin feels parched, and thus my makeup looks flat and dry instead of glowy. back to my sunsense daily face.....

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer, but I can't give this lotion justice, because I don't have red, irritated skin on my face. But I like how this moisturizer is very rich (but not greasy), which is perfect for my extremely dry skin, and how this lotion has an SPF of 15. This product also has a light scent - great for daily wear. Although I love this moisturizer, I would not be repurchasing, because I do not have red or irritated skin. I also found that this product was quite pricey. I got this product at Walmart on sale for $15.99 (originally $19.99).

PROS:
-moisturizing
-scent
-SPF
-little goes a long way