October 24, 2014 | 1781 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Daily Moisturizer SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by tlc88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have always had acne prone skin, but for about a year now I have been experiencing much more severe breakouts so I have been using prescription acne medications. Since my face was so red, dry, and irritated I decided to pick this up after months of debating with myself. It can seem pretty pricey for a drugstore product but I bit the bullet & purchased. It soothed and calmed my EXTREMELY dry skin for sure! It also gave me a glow. My skin is VERY sensitive, however, so I believe the spf ended causing little tiny pimples (which happens when i use any products with spf). However, I will continue to use occasionally and I would completely recommend it if you aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this when I thought I would change my routine up from my regular cetaphil daily moisturizer SPF 15/ oil of olay daily moisturizer SPF 15. Unfortunately, after using this moisturizer I got cystic acne! It was the only thing I changed in my makeup/ daily routine so I knew this had to be the culprit. I gave it another chance... And again I broke out. Also, I didn't find it to be very moisturizing for my combo/ dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by AshNew

This is about the only moisturiser i can find with bs spf 15. Its a bummer that throughout the day my skin feels parched, and thus my makeup looks flat and dry instead of glowy. back to my sunsense daily face.....

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by StarsAndTheSky

I really like this moisturizer, but I can't give this lotion justice, because I don't have red, irritated skin on my face. But I like how this moisturizer is very rich (but not greasy), which is perfect for my extremely dry skin, and how this lotion has an SPF of 15. This product also has a light scent - great for daily wear. Although I love this moisturizer, I would not be repurchasing, because I do not have red or irritated skin. I also found that this product was quite pricey. I got this product at Walmart on sale for $15.99 (originally $19.99).

PROS:
-moisturizing
-scent
-SPF
-little goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by rockstardahl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! been using it for about 8 years now and i love it! Goes on nice and isn't greasy at all! Love the sunscreen and red reducing benefits!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I really, really wish this moisturizer had worked for me! I enjoyed the Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer but wanted to switch to this one since Positively Radiant contains sparkle and I have sensitive skin. I bought this at my local SDM for $27.99+ tax for 4 ounces of product. Expensive right off that bat but per ounce, it is considerably cheaper than other moisturizers I have used. I really like how this did sooth my sensitive skin. I used it in combination with the foaming cleanser for this line and both products kept my skin looking bright and feeling soothed. Unfortunately after about 3 weeks of use, my skin got continually drier and was just never hydrated enough. My dry patches that I had had under control for a while started to come back and I just couldn't use it anymore. Back to Avene for me....not a bad product but more suited for someone who has oilier skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by bubblygirl

I really like this moisturizer. I have somewhat sensitive, acne-prone skin that tends to redden in the nose area when I wash my face. This actually helps reduce that redness better than most other lotions.

I like that it has SPF 15, but now that I'm living in a tropical locale it's not sufficient, and I'm probably going to switch to one of their SPF 30 offerings. Otherwise, I think it's great--lightweight enough not to aggravate my acne too much, but keeps my face and neck super, super soft. The smell is a bit bothersome initially (and I'm confused as to why there's so much fragrance in something that's marketed for sensitive skin, but hey, I'm not allergic to it) but after a few months use I stopped noticing it.

Overall, a good daily moisturizer for a decent price.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by mgaugust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this moisturizer for over a year and have no complaints. It is very difficult to find a moisturizer that is nonirritating for my sensitive skin. This is also great since I am also experiencing pinkness in the cheek and around the nose. This is very good- not to heavy, nonirritating and yet moisturizing with SPF!

UPDATE: Ultimately gave up this moisturizer as it wasn't hydrating enough, then I discovered that it has a 0--the very worst --rating on the Goodguide site. I refuse to knowing use anything on my face with such a low rating. Note, the ultra calming cleanser also has a 0 rating! But more importantly, after I stop using the ulta calming products and gave my skin a week to clear up it was less red!!! So it turns out that the products I thought were helping me with my redness were in fact contributing to it.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/22/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Hanwoody

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have red cheeks that i am getting fed up of, it is only on my cheeks and can vary over the day. A lot of things trigger it so it was getting very irritating and being young i didnt want this to develop anymore as it was killing my confidence and self esteem. Ive been looking everywhere and i cant find anyone explaining the same as mine, it is not too bad but it really affects me. I was searching all over the internet for something to help and found this, i was willing to try anything. it was expensive and i ordered it from america so it took ages to come. After a few days of no results i stupidly put it on 4 times in one day to 'try and make it work faster' BIG MISTAKE my skin went red raw and dry and porey, but it cooled down after a week. Still using it every night but not seeing any difference, very disappointed after the price and i was really hoping for this to work.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by riaorion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What drew me to this product: Ultra-Calming. Just hearing that makes me smile. My skin is mildly oily, but very sensitive. I have had a lot of problems finding the right moisturizers because the ones I would try would make me red, itchy, or break me out. Queue the-best-thing-that-happened-to-me music.

The use:
This moisturizer has a pale color to it. It smells a lot like sunscreen (well, duh) and goes on smoothly. It feels slightly heavy, but not really "heavy"; about the same as if you were wearing sunscreen: to let you know it's protecting you! This product was the first moisturizer that worked for me. Not only did it not break me out, but it helped level out my skin sensitivity issues. I wore this moisturizer for years, and was willing to swear on it! I felt like it really improved my skin, and helped with my acne and redness.

The pros:
SPF 15! (I do have one of the SPF 30 ones, before it was discontinued :[)
It smells nice.
It helps "relax" sensitive skin.
It did not break me out, or cause any problems.

The cons:
The SPF is a little too noticeable in this product, but that's alright.
The price is not as nice as some moisturizers. (14-16$)

Overall: I used this, happily, for years. Nowadays, I have branched out my attempts to find another good moisturizer. It's not that I don't like this one anymore. I just would like to find the same kind of moisturizer, but with some acne-fighting qualities as well, for a lower price.