November 29, 2014 | 962 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Lemony Flutter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Yvonneay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So, I'm a big nail bitter, I have been trying so hard to not bite my nails. If I do, it's usually because something is sharp that's been catching on my sweaters or hair. This means that I also bite my cuticles and hang nails if those are causing the problem...

That being said, I have tried a few things to help me stop biting, and one of them is buying this butter I heard so many good things about.

Though I have had this little bucket for only 2 days, I can already tell it's working for me. I just put a little, and I mean VERY LITTLE, amount around each nail, rub it in for a few seconds each finger, and then head to bed where I can let it do its magic without me fiddling with it all day. 2 nights already, and my cuticles already look so much better.

So, why give it only 4/5? Well, it's super greasy, takes forever to absorb, and the smell, though lemony is a lovely smell, is a bit strong for me. I don't LOVE lemon smells, and this always reminds me of Lemon Pledge. I still love this product though, thus far, and I really hope that this can be a huge step in me stopping biting my nails!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

An old roommate who would re-paint her nails every day told me Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter is the best cuticle treatment ever, so the last time I was at Lush I asked for a sample. Two people have been using it every few days for two weeks and the small sample container still appears full. The citrus scent is bright and tart and the texture is like a fluffy yet tacky, slightly greasy cream. A tiny amount spreads easily, like melting butter, over a larger area. It absorbs into nails quickly but may "sit" and take longer to disappear near the borders of the nail against the skin.

Unlike other cuticle creams and oils I've tried, Lemony Flutter does not soften my cuticles so much as it maintains or restores them to "normal". Even very persistent dry cuticle areas have been restored and maintained as "normal" instead of especially moisturized. I am fine with this but find it strange. Even more unusual is that I also used Lemony Flutter on my elbows and knees which resulted in dryness and a mild rash in those areas, and I do not normally have sensitive skin. If by the time I finish the sample it remains as effective at "maintaining" my more dry cuticle areas I still plan to purchase the full size.

EDIT 5/21/2014: Now that the weather is warmer Lemony Flutter (stored at room temperature) is less tacky and more melting-buttery in the pot. It's been another month of regular use by two people and the sample still hasn't run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by krissyjolene

Love this product, it smells so good and the tub is so big for what you pay. I am a nail technician and I recommend this to my nail clients all the time, especially in winter. I wear heels to my day job everyday, or boots so my toes were always SO dry and they would start to hurt around the cuticle. I make an effort to apply this to my toes and nails at least twice a day. Not necessarily because they need it but because there is so much to use!

Works wonders on my toes and hands, haven't tried it anywhere else but I believe the comments from others that it works amazing!!

The only thing I don't like all that much is that sometimes fuzz from my clothes can get stick on the butter so my nails look dark around the cuticle area. Probably just a me thing but it sometimes seems to not "all sink in".

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't live anywhere near a Lush store so I was really excited to get my hands on this cuticle cream, which I've been reading about for years. I love the way that it smells and it definitely does the job but it's not a holy grail product for me. If there were a Lush store close to me, I might continue using it, but it's not something I'm willing to jump through hoops for. I'm going to continue looking for my holy grail cuticle treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by JasmineSparkle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I always suffered with dry cuticles, elbows and knees. I was very excited to get this product, but disappointed when it didn't do anything for my cuticles. Instead, I tried it on my knees and elbows and it worked wonders! Dry skin: gone! Also, it may sound a bit weird but my bellybutton went really red and crusty on the inside, as a spur of the moment thing I used some of this on it and no exaggeration, I woke up the next morning and my red bellybutton I'd had for months? Completely fine! It's a great healing balm, just not good on my cuticles.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not the best cuticle cream I've used.
It smells really lovely but it has a weird texture, a slightly stiff and grainy texture though it seems to smooth out and melt into skin when applied so it's not terrible by any stretch, it's just...odd.
And OK, so it's expensive but the tub is HUGE and there is no way I can use it all before it expires so I really don't see the point - it's not great value if you end up wasting it, regardless of the volume for price.
And, it really doesn't seem to moisturize that well on me, I still have dry, flaky cuticles even if I apply this twice a day so the moisture level seems to be superficial at best and doesn't appear to penetrate beneath the top couple of layers of skin. I've had better results using pure jojoba oil which seems to absorb better (but is way oilier, obviously and doesn't smell as delicious) but YMMV.
This just doesn't work for me, sadly. I can see why a lot of folks like it and if you want to split a tub with friends then yeah, absolutely go for it but I'll use my regular shea butter lotion in the meantime.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using for a few weeks. Vote is still out on use for cuticles. However, I saw immediate difference on heels! Nothing. Ever. Works. On my crusty heels! This was a first! I also have dry eyelids. I've been using it there as well, and while I still see some fine bumps, my eyelids remain moist all day, which is also a first. Will update in a couple months, especially on cuticles. Right now they're great as long as I use this cream daily. The minute I miss a day, the peeling returns. I guess this is normal, but I was hoping to not have to add another thing to my "daily" routine, especially at $16.95 USD a pot. However a little goes a long way. I would hardly have made a dent in it if it wasn't for my crusty heels. I like the pot as it is easy to open. I don't do well with tins like the ones Bert's Bees comes in. Other than cost- downside is expiration date - ~ 1 year, ease of melting (I would not recommend traveling or putting this in your purse), and smell (Lemon pinesol smell- not bad but not good, but goes away after a few minutes). Overall I recommend, especially for crusty heels!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Jpatrick17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this cuticle butter. The skin on my hands and cuticles is very dry, and this was perfect! The only thing is the problem I have with most Lush products- I worry about contamination in tubs like that so I remove a small amount of cream with a cotton swab.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is heavy duty cuticle cream! I don't see myself using this during the day since it is quite oily and....fragrant. Some say they hate the scent, but I like the herbal lemon fragrance. I bought cotton gloves especially to use with this cream at night. Thick creamy texture that melts onto my skin. Perfect for those of us with dry peeling nails. As always check the expiration dates on Lush's products. Mine is good for one year after date of purchase. Make sure that you are not getting a product that is too close to an expiration date.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best cuticle product that I've ever used. I will never go back to using messy oils again.

Very little goes a long way with this stuff. Even the tiniest dab will often be too much product. It is easy to rub into the cuticles and sinks in very quickly. The moisture lasts a very long time. I only have to apply this stuff twice a day for beautiful, moisturized cuticles. If it's really dry out, I'll apply it more, but the moisture lasts a long time, even through washing hands. Like the name suggests, it smells very heavily of lemon.

I also like to use this on very dry spots on my body. Because the butter is so thick, it penetrates the dry spots easily and relieves some of the pain.

What I don't like about this product is that I can't take it with me! Bringing around a giant pot is really inconvenient and not practical. To take this with me, what I did was take an empty LUSH Honey Trap lip balm container, and filled that with the Lemony Flutter. It's really easy to carry around like that! I think LUSH should sell a version like that in their stores. I love the product and I wish that I could bring it everywhere. Now I can!