July 22, 2014 | 2264 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Whoosh Shower Jelly

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by teganrowe

I love the smell of this Jelly, and it is super fun to use. It does leave me feeling clean but i have found it drys my skin out a little bit. I will buy this again as i think it is amazing. smells so yummy

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by bricupcake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

PROS
refreshing
pleasant scent

CONS
not super cleaning
more of a novelty product
costly

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by supergabi101

well, I have the same complaints as most, except that I really enjoy the smell and I don't think it's terribly hard to use, just a waste of time.
Would I buy it again? Hells no. It's expensive, and I think it's all show and it doesn't meet the usual lush standards. Oh, well. It was kind of fun the one time I used it. I'm going to freeze it as suggested and use it for shaving, try to get something decent out of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:58:00 AM More reviews by srao92

Has a refreshing smell and does keep for a long time. It does lather despite what other people have said - you just need to use a sponge or shower puff.

However, it doesn't do what you'd expect from a product like this. The scent doesn't last beyond the shower and it does not clean you. Also, as others have mentioned, it is quite slippery - making it bit more annoying to use than soap.

It's a relatively cheap and novel gift item but do not purchase for yourself.

Two lippies - for decent smell and value for money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by eribear23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my least favorite products ever. Love the smell. Hate the concept. It's too slippery and I don't like bathing with Jell-O. I have no desire to dig my nails into a wiggly product to break of a piece just to crush it into a loofah or onto a sponge. Too much of a process and a lot of it gets wasted. It doesn't lather or make me feel clean. I don't like it.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

This was my first ever Lush purchase and I have to say that I LOVED it!! I thought it was pretty odd at first, though the concept of body wash in the form of jello had me quite amused. At first whiff it smells all sorts of lemony fresh. A lot of people compare it to dishwashing liquid, and I can kind of see how they got to that comparison, but dishwashing detergent smells like chemicals and this just smells delicious! This perks me up in the shower, lathers well, and leaves barely any scent behind so it won't clash with any perfume I wear that day. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by MmmQuinn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally love Whoosh! I use it on the mornings that I'm super tired or just need to feel really awake and really clean. It is more aromatherapy for me than anything; the smell is a crispy, bright citrus that you just have to smell to understand. I have found that the best way to use shower Jellies is to crush a chunk into a loofah (and a small piece really does go a long way!). I'm sorry, but people who say "this just slips out of my hand" aren't using their brain, because it states on the container how to use it- either loofah OR freeze and use as bar soap. It is a JELLY, so it isn't going to work any other way. Do NOT try to use this just by grabbing a piece and going! I will always have this in my shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:08:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I bought this while on my first day in Sweden. There is a 6 hour time difference, and I had not slept in over 30 hours. Yes, I was jet lagged. I also get minor breakouts on my chest, and this shower jelly claimed it would fix both issues.
First off, this smells like lemon pledge. It's not fruity or "yummy" smelling in any way. It's so overpowering.
There is no way to hold on to this. It's so slippery, it just kept falling out of my hands over and over and over again. SO annoying.
It doesn't lathe up nicely, and it DEFINITELY doesn't..
A) clean me
B) solve jet lag
C) heal breakouts
It was nearly $7 for such a small tub. I gave it to my 7 year old sister. She had fun with it.
Yes it seems interesting and fun. It is in no way practical. I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lush's Whoosh Shower Jelly is a semi-solid shower gel meant to "sort out your cloudy, sleepy head and give you a boost to wake you up." Lush also claims that this jelly helps cure jetlag. This is my first shower jelly. The formula of Whoosh features grapefruit, rosemary, and geranium oil. The grapefruit juice is antibacterial, and is meant to combat breakouts. The rosemary and geranium oils are meant to balance and revitalize. Whoosh also contains lemon and lime juices, which act as astringents. Lush products are cruelty free and made in Canada. I purchased the smaller, 3.5oz jar for $5.95, the larger 8.4oz size sells for $10.95. Like many Lush products, Whoosh has an expiration date, but their employees have told me that unless the products contain egg or dairy product, you don't need to follow the expiry date too closely. My jar of Whoosh is nearly a month "expired" and it seems to be holding up well. Actually I've never used a Lush product that wasn't expired. Oops. I purchase my Lush products at the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh, but Lush is also available in their own free standing stores, as well as online.
Packaging is a clear plastic jar with a screw on lid. This jar qualifies as a "black pot" for Lush's private recycling program, but of course it's recyclable in any program that takes 5's. The black label on the top of the lid offers a brief, playful description of Whoosh, as well as some directions. The label on the front of the jar features a full ingredient list. There is an additional sticker on the back with the expiration date, as well as the person who made the product. My jar of Whoosh was made by Dil. He looks like a pretty happy guy.
Lush calls their shower jellies one of their most innovative products, and I have to agree. I've never seen what's essentially a solid shower gel before. Whoosh is a big, wiggly, jiggly, fun to play with lump of teal jelly. At least it used to be, before I cut it up into little 1" cubes for easier use. The texture of Whoosh is very slick and slippery, dropping this in the shower is inevitable, so do be careful when using it. Boyfriend had a near death experience when using Whoosh. Personally, I prefer to mash a cube of Whoosh into my pouf and it use it that way. A 1" cube produces enough lather to wash my whole self. Whoosh needs a lot of time and effort to really work into a smooth lather without any little bits of jelly left in it. Lush says you can also use their shower jellies as a shampoo. I'd probably need another full cube of it for that, but I've decided not to use Whoosh in my hair, as I'm having issues with it at the moment and don't want to exacerbate the situation. Though shower jellies are safe to be stored at room temperature, Lush recommends chilling it or freezing it for a "extra cool shower experience", though I use it at room temperature, mostly out of laziness.
I'm kinda on the fence about Whoosh's scent. It's not exactly bad, but it's a very house-hold cleaner, citrus-y scent that's pretty strong in the jar, and while you use it, but it doesn't linger on the skin at all. To me Whoosh smells strongly of citrus peels, mainly grapefruit, which isn't something I really want to smell like, but I guess it's energizing in the "we already ate breakfast without you and didn't clean up" way. Whoosh also has an earthy quality to it, perhaps from the geranium oil? Whatever Whoosh smells like, I'm not really partial to it. It's not a prohibitively bad scent that I don't want to use, but it's not a scent that excites me either. I don't want to smell like grapefruit peels and flowers my mum grows. I also don't find it energizing at all. I'm just kinda meh about Whoosh's scent.
Actually I'm pretty "Meh" about this product in general. It doesn't seem to benefit my skin in any way, and really strikes me as a gimmicky, novelty product. Shower Jellies don't do anything a traditional, liquid shower gel doesn't, aside from making me feel like I'm washing myself with jello, which is probably my favorite part about Whoosh. I find this shower jelly kinda inconvenient to use. Whoosh also didn't help my jetlag in the slightest, which is really disappointing because this is mostly why I wanted this product, though honestly I can't say I expected Whoosh to correct my 14 hour time confusion.
I'm pretty glad I got the smaller size of Whoosh, as this alone will take me ages to go through, it probably will legit go off before I can use it up. At least I'm one step closer to a free fresh face mask, right? I know I like those. I think it's safe to assume I won't be repurchasing Lush's Whoosh Shower Jelly. I don't recommend it, but have a go at it if it sounds like something you'd like, or want a soap that's fun to play with.

-P.S, this gave boyfriend red splotches all over, so be careful with this product if you have sensitive skin, or if you have citrus or rosemary sensitivities.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Smells like lemon Pledge furniture polish. I know how to use the shower jellies but this scent is a no no for me.