Cover FX Cover Fx - Powder Fx

3.8

Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 3.0%, Titanium Dioxide 3.50% Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Lauroyl Lysine, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Camellis Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Mauritia Flexuosa (Buriti) Fruit Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dehydroacetitic Acid, Dimethicone/Methicone, Copolymer, Polyethylene, Alumina. May Contaim: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77492), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288).

Wanted to love this but sadly, it's just another average, overpriced powder foundation.
I purchased this as an alternative to my MAC Studio Fix because the ingredients are better for sensitive skin and I like powder foundation for everyday makeup and liquid for going out/nighttime.
Been using this off and on for about 2 months, here are my thoughts:

AS COMPARED TO STUDIO FIX POWDER FOUNDATION:
coverage not as opaque and does not wear as long. As much as the ingredients in MAC make me itch sometimes, studio fix really doesn't need to be layered much to get medium coverage. I'd say the coverage from this product is along the lines of drugstore powder foundation unless you really spend time layering and buffing it in.

Compact is very similar to the MAC one but feels cheaper and not as sturdy. This is annoying to me because Cover FX is more expensive and they shouldn't skimp on packaging. the sponge sucks, I use a brush in the am and save it for touch ups at work.

Texture is a bit gritty/grainy compared to MAC. Not horrible but I was really hoping this would be superior to Studio Fix since is nearly $40!

Oil control is better than Studio Fix which is awesome. I get oil after about 1-2 hours with MAC, this stuff keeps oil at bay for 3-4 depending on what I'm doing. Keep in mind, I have sensitive oily skin and do wear glasses to work so oil in the tzone pretty much can't be avoided all day. I've accepted that and adjusted my expectations of beauty products accordingly.

Color range rocks which is mostly unusual when shopping for powder foundation. Not surprised since this line was created by former MAC artists. I use N4 in MAC and they gave me N20 in cover FX. It was a little paler than the N4 but once it warms up to my skin, it was fine.

This doesn't make me itch like MAC does but...it breaks me out a little :( Whenever I wear it, I swear I wake up the next day with a pimple somewhere. And yes, I remove makeup and cleanse at night with products I know my skin likes. It's definitely this powder that does it.

Doesn't seem to sink into pores as much as Studio Fix does but maybe that because the coverage isn't as good so it's not as noticeable?

Overall, I would say this is an ok product that has some good points but it was way overpriced for me and will not be my go to powder foundation. If you have sensitive skin that is not dry or oily and and you want light/med coverage, you might like this if you budget allows it.

I really like this product. At first, I hated it. But that was because I was using it incorrectly. Proper application is key to making cosmetic products work and because this powder foundation is pigmented and contains talc and a sunscreen, it is easy to overdo it.
Firstly, the sponge that the compact comes with should only be used for touch ups. If you think that the finish looks cakey, well, the sponge is the culprit. I learned the hard way.
It is best to apply with a small-medium sized brush over primed skin. Primer is important so that the powder has something to adhere to. Mineral powders are technically magnetic and bind together, but I find the finish looks a lot nicer with a primed skin. I like to use the ELF Studio Small Tapered brush for application because it's not too big and is dense, so it doesn't create much fall out. Fall out tends to be a huge problem with powder foundations.
Another issue I had when I initially used this product was the color choice. I matched a shade perfectly to my skin tone, but it ended up making me look garish and vampy. I later found out this was because of the combination of talc and sunscreen in the formula. I switched to a shade darker and it works much better. It looks flawless! I would suggest going a shade darker if you feel it looks "off" on your skin, or possibly trying the same shade number but with a different undertone.
This could also be used to add extra coverage over top your liquid foundation.
My only gripe with this product is the lasting power on my somewhat oily skin. By mid day I will be shiny and need a touch up. This is not long wearing by any means. If you pair it with their Matte FX powder, it does help control oil better. But this should only be a concern if you're like me and get oily fast.

Bought this at Shoppers the other day after falling in live with CoverFX liquid foundation. After hearing that the same chemist behind MAC is also behind CoverFX, I didn't mind spending $35 for this compact. It has awesome coverage - perfect for those quick trips to the grocery store when I don't want to fully apply my makeup. This is also great for setting my liquid foundation if you just lightly tap the compact and shake out the excess. My skin is quite acne-prone, and this powder makes my skin look flawless! I'm in LOVE!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love love for oily skin amazing

I have to admit, the new formula for this foundation is terrible. It is chalky, extremely yellow (coming from someone with yellow undertones...) and does not cover as well as the old formation. WHY do these companies keep taking away products that are loved by it's customers?? I really don't understand the point of taking a perfectly good product and "re-vamping" it into something "better" that actually is no where near as good as the original. The same goes to MakeUpForever Duo Mat..

Overall, I didn't have a good experience with the new formula, and will not be repurchasing or recommending this to anyone any time soon.

I have horrible sensitive skin when it comes to acne... Usually foundations (I have yet to find a good liquid one) give me small little whiteheads all over my face. But this covers very well for being a power foundation, plus no break outs! Would definitely recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

-Coverage- Sheer to Medium
-My shade - M50, willing to try m40. (Medium golden/olive skin)
-Longevity alone- Shine within 4-6 hours... T zone troubles
-Doesn't break me out
-Used with a kabuki, the sponge applicator is crap
- Doesn't effectively set my liquid foundations...
- *meh*
- Won't consider repurchasing till I try something new

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

I really do like this product. The packaging is nice and slim. It fits into my cosmetic bag nicely. It doesn't crumble and make a mess of my bag.
One thing that I really like about CoverFX is that I am able to find my exact match.
This product goes on so nicely, it's "invisible" in that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, it covers so nicely and smoothly. Mattifes really well. I use a giant kabuki brush, swirl it lightly on the powder and press/tap it onto my face.
It's pricey for a powder but I use so little of it that it will last a ver long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

RE: OLD FORMULA: This stuff is amazing! Take MAC Studio Fix and turn it into a good-for-your-skin mineral formula.. and viola! In fact , last night a rep @ Sephora advised me that the man behind Studio Fix was behind it. I then read that online. It makes sense. I wore SF for years, starting in my teens. Then I fell in love w/mineral make up, but after 5+ yrs of BE, I got sick of the mess & lack of portability (which they've now fixed..however too late for me)!! I've gone thru a # of other brands since then ( Philosophy, LM, Tarte..) but am elated to have discovered Powder Fx! I have super oily, acne-prone skin. Powder Fx does not increase or aggravate either. I still have to blot mid-day, but this will occur w/o any makeup! Also, this makeup has the amazing ability to sink into your skin & adjust to it. It's extremely forgiving & therefore the color matching is superb. I was shocked to find I could wear E40, once being a NC20 in MAC, Fair in Tarte, or generally the fairest to 2nd fairest color in most MU lines. But b/c of the incredible forgiveness this MU has, E40 truly is a beautiful match (applied w/a brush- not caked on w/puff). I've had a number of people compliment me on the match. I feel its the best-matched my make up has been since MAC SF.

RE: NEW FORMULA: That said, w/in weeks of discovering this amazing MU, the formula was pulled from the shelves w/a new color line instated! Now the brand has a conversion chart online & inside of Sephora's, but let me tell u- DO NOT TRUST THE CONVERSION CHART!! Per the chart, E40 is now N40, which appeared 3 shades darker & very golden..despite it's "neutral'" name! I thought w/the additional shade #'s: N25, N30, N35 & so on, I'd find a more perfect match, but no! I had pulled out my E40 compact & holding it side by side to the new shades, there was NOT a single color that was similar, let alone identical! After testing several colors, w/the SA, I was however able to find another color that will work for me that was actually in the pink shades (P20).. Certain of its forgiving nature, I feel pretty confident & my hopes are high.

There was actually another lady next to me trying to re-match her color as well. She ended up taking 2 new shades, although she used the cream formula, whose color forgiveness I can't comment on. I will say the cream seems amazing too! The P20 shade matched me & its powder compliment well & I do plan to purchase it as well & use as a concealer. The $42 price tag is bit high, although use as a concealer it should last for some time & makes the price competitive in comparison to small sized concealers! Also, the new cream does not have the nasty preservative BHT like the old kind!!

Hope this helps! I highly recommend this MU to anyone, esp those w/skin like mine, but I stress when repurchasing the new formula, you will HAVE to do so in person. There's just NO way around this, unless of course, you plan to buy several or more shades online & simply return the ones that don't work.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this foundation because I have acne-prone skin and felt my regular foundation was only making my acne worse. Since I started using this, my acne has not cleared up like I had hoped, but to be fair the makeup didn't make it any worse, and I'm pretty sure my acne is caused by hormones, not the products I use.
What I love about this foundation is it is really easy to put on and gives medium-full coverage from the first layer. If you want more coverage in certain spots, you can layer the powder seamlessly and it will definitely give you a flawless finish.
My only complaint is that because my skin gets very oily throughout the day, the foundation tends to get cake on my t-zone. Blotting papers and a bit of setting powder can fix this quickly, though.
All in all, it's a very good foundation and you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck. Probably not the best choice for those with dry or oily skin though.