October 30, 2014 | 1641 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 10:34:00 PM More reviews by takemenow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. At first, I hated it. But that was because I was using it incorrectly. Proper application is key to making cosmetic products work and because this powder foundation is pigmented and contains talc and a sunscreen, it is easy to overdo it.
Firstly, the sponge that the compact comes with should only be used for touch ups. If you think that the finish looks cakey, well, the sponge is the culprit. I learned the hard way.
It is best to apply with a small-medium sized brush over primed skin. Primer is important so that the powder has something to adhere to. Mineral powders are technically magnetic and bind together, but I find the finish looks a lot nicer with a primed skin. I like to use the ELF Studio Small Tapered brush for application because it's not too big and is dense, so it doesn't create much fall out. Fall out tends to be a huge problem with powder foundations.
Another issue I had when I initially used this product was the color choice. I matched a shade perfectly to my skin tone, but it ended up making me look garish and vampy. I later found out this was because of the combination of talc and sunscreen in the formula. I switched to a shade darker and it works much better. It looks flawless! I would suggest going a shade darker if you feel it looks "off" on your skin, or possibly trying the same shade number but with a different undertone.
This could also be used to add extra coverage over top your liquid foundation.
My only gripe with this product is the lasting power on my somewhat oily skin. By mid day I will be shiny and need a touch up. This is not long wearing by any means. If you pair it with their Matte FX powder, it does help control oil better. But this should only be a concern if you're like me and get oily fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by ericavander

Bought this at Shoppers the other day after falling in live with CoverFX liquid foundation. After hearing that the same chemist behind MAC is also behind CoverFX, I didn't mind spending $35 for this compact. It has awesome coverage - perfect for those quick trips to the grocery store when I don't want to fully apply my makeup. This is also great for setting my liquid foundation if you just lightly tap the compact and shake out the excess. My skin is quite acne-prone, and this powder makes my skin look flawless! I'm in LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Denisedd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love for oily skin amazing

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2013 9:49:00 AM More reviews by bklescewski

I have to admit, the new formula for this foundation is terrible. It is chalky, extremely yellow (coming from someone with yellow undertones...) and does not cover as well as the old formation. WHY do these companies keep taking away products that are loved by it's customers?? I really don't understand the point of taking a perfectly good product and "re-vamping" it into something "better" that actually is no where near as good as the original. The same goes to MakeUpForever Duo Mat..

Overall, I didn't have a good experience with the new formula, and will not be repurchasing or recommending this to anyone any time soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:31:00 PM More reviews by hearthayley

I have horrible sensitive skin when it comes to acne... Usually foundations (I have yet to find a good liquid one) give me small little whiteheads all over my face. But this covers very well for being a power foundation, plus no break outs! Would definitely recommend this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Ravishingx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

-Coverage- Sheer to Medium
-My shade - M50, willing to try m40. (Medium golden/olive skin)
-Longevity alone- Shine within 4-6 hours... T zone troubles
-Doesn't break me out
-Used with a kabuki, the sponge applicator is crap
- Doesn't effectively set my liquid foundations...
- *meh*
- Won't consider repurchasing till I try something new

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2012 5:54:00 PM More reviews by tricia_g_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this product. The packaging is nice and slim. It fits into my cosmetic bag nicely. It doesn't crumble and make a mess of my bag.
One thing that I really like about CoverFX is that I am able to find my exact match.
This product goes on so nicely, it's "invisible" in that it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup, it covers so nicely and smoothly. Mattifes really well. I use a giant kabuki brush, swirl it lightly on the powder and press/tap it onto my face.
It's pricey for a powder but I use so little of it that it will last a ver long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

RE: OLD FORMULA: This stuff is amazing! Take MAC Studio Fix and turn it into a good-for-your-skin mineral formula.. and viola! In fact , last night a rep @ Sephora advised me that the man behind Studio Fix was behind it. I then read that online. It makes sense. I wore SF for years, starting in my teens. Then I fell in love w/mineral make up, but after 5+ yrs of BE, I got sick of the mess & lack of portability (which they've now fixed..however too late for me)!! I've gone thru a # of other brands since then ( Philosophy, LM, Tarte..) but am elated to have discovered Powder Fx! I have super oily, acne-prone skin. Powder Fx does not increase or aggravate either. I still have to blot mid-day, but this will occur w/o any makeup! Also, this makeup has the amazing ability to sink into your skin & adjust to it. It's extremely forgiving & therefore the color matching is superb. I was shocked to find I could wear E40, once being a NC20 in MAC, Fair in Tarte, or generally the fairest to 2nd fairest color in most MU lines. But b/c of the incredible forgiveness this MU has, E40 truly is a beautiful match (applied w/a brush- not caked on w/puff). I've had a number of people compliment me on the match. I feel its the best-matched my make up has been since MAC SF.

RE: NEW FORMULA: That said, w/in weeks of discovering this amazing MU, the formula was pulled from the shelves w/a new color line instated! Now the brand has a conversion chart online & inside of Sephora's, but let me tell u- DO NOT TRUST THE CONVERSION CHART!! Per the chart, E40 is now N40, which appeared 3 shades darker & very golden..despite it's "neutral'" name! I thought w/the additional shade #'s: N25, N30, N35 & so on, I'd find a more perfect match, but no! I had pulled out my E40 compact & holding it side by side to the new shades, there was NOT a single color that was similar, let alone identical! After testing several colors, w/the SA, I was however able to find another color that will work for me that was actually in the pink shades (P20).. Certain of its forgiving nature, I feel pretty confident & my hopes are high.

There was actually another lady next to me trying to re-match her color as well. She ended up taking 2 new shades, although she used the cream formula, whose color forgiveness I can't comment on. I will say the cream seems amazing too! The P20 shade matched me & its powder compliment well & I do plan to purchase it as well & use as a concealer. The $42 price tag is bit high, although use as a concealer it should last for some time & makes the price competitive in comparison to small sized concealers! Also, the new cream does not have the nasty preservative BHT like the old kind!!

Hope this helps! I highly recommend this MU to anyone, esp those w/skin like mine, but I stress when repurchasing the new formula, you will HAVE to do so in person. There's just NO way around this, unless of course, you plan to buy several or more shades online & simply return the ones that don't work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kiki66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this foundation because I have acne-prone skin and felt my regular foundation was only making my acne worse. Since I started using this, my acne has not cleared up like I had hoped, but to be fair the makeup didn't make it any worse, and I'm pretty sure my acne is caused by hormones, not the products I use.
What I love about this foundation is it is really easy to put on and gives medium-full coverage from the first layer. If you want more coverage in certain spots, you can layer the powder seamlessly and it will definitely give you a flawless finish.
My only complaint is that because my skin gets very oily throughout the day, the foundation tends to get cake on my t-zone. Blotting papers and a bit of setting powder can fix this quickly, though.
All in all, it's a very good foundation and you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck. Probably not the best choice for those with dry or oily skin though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cookielips

it broke me out! i though i found a good foundation.
I have combinaison skin. I usually break out on my t-zone because of the oilyness and i break out on my cheeks because of makeup.
I broke out so many times on my cheeks when i used this powder. I cleanse with my clarisonic with Alpha H balancing cleanser. My primer consist of my moisturizer and sunscreen. I didn't feel the need to put another layer of primer because i have to be gentle on my skin.
Didn't treat my acne at all. So i stopped using for 1 month, my skin looks better.
i wouldn't recommend someone who's looking for a non comodogenic makeup. I look up on the internet, never saw the word non comodogenic on their website except on forum but we know it's not reliable sometimes.

I used Clinique foundation, Makeup forever and Cover fx. Everything broke me out. Covering my imperfection seems impossible