April 17, 2014 | 1970 users online

Powder - Cover FX - Cover Fx - Powder Fx

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by luvsick99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

RE: OLD FORMULA: This stuff is amazing! Take MAC Studio Fix and turn it into a good-for-your-skin mineral formula.. and viola! In fact , last night a rep @ Sephora advised me that the man behind Studio Fix was behind it. I then read that online. It makes sense. I wore SF for years, starting in my teens. Then I fell in love w/mineral make up, but after 5+ yrs of BE, I got sick of the mess & lack of portability (which they've now fixed..however too late for me)!! I've gone thru a # of other brands since then ( Philosophy, LM, Tarte..) but am elated to have discovered Powder Fx! I have super oily, acne-prone skin. Powder Fx does not increase or aggravate either. I still have to blot mid-day, but this will occur w/o any makeup! Also, this makeup has the amazing ability to sink into your skin & adjust to it. It's extremely forgiving & therefore the color matching is superb. I was shocked to find I could wear E40, once being a NC20 in MAC, Fair in Tarte, or generally the fairest to 2nd fairest color in most MU lines. But b/c of the incredible forgiveness this MU has, E40 truly is a beautiful match (applied w/a brush- not caked on w/puff). I've had a number of people compliment me on the match. I feel its the best-matched my make up has been since MAC SF.

RE: NEW FORMULA: That said, w/in weeks of discovering this amazing MU, the formula was pulled from the shelves w/a new color line instated! Now the brand has a conversion chart online & inside of Sephora's, but let me tell u- DO NOT TRUST THE CONVERSION CHART!! Per the chart, E40 is now N40, which appeared 3 shades darker & very golden..despite it's "neutral'" name! I thought w/the additional shade #'s: N25, N30, N35 & so on, I'd find a more perfect match, but no! I had pulled out my E40 compact & holding it side by side to the new shades, there was NOT a single color that was similar, let alone identical! After testing several colors, w/the SA, I was however able to find another color that will work for me that was actually in the pink shades (P20).. Certain of its forgiving nature, I feel pretty confident & my hopes are high.

There was actually another lady next to me trying to re-match her color as well. She ended up taking 2 new shades, although she used the cream formula, whose color forgiveness I can't comment on. I will say the cream seems amazing too! The P20 shade matched me & its powder compliment well & I do plan to purchase it as well & use as a concealer. The $42 price tag is bit high, although use as a concealer it should last for some time & makes the price competitive in comparison to small sized concealers! Also, the new cream does not have the nasty preservative BHT like the old kind!!

Hope this helps! I highly recommend this MU to anyone, esp those w/skin like mine, but I stress when repurchasing the new formula, you will HAVE to do so in person. There's just NO way around this, unless of course, you plan to buy several or more shades online & simply return the ones that don't work.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by kiki66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this foundation because I have acne-prone skin and felt my regular foundation was only making my acne worse. Since I started using this, my acne has not cleared up like I had hoped, but to be fair the makeup didn't make it any worse, and I'm pretty sure my acne is caused by hormones, not the products I use.
What I love about this foundation is it is really easy to put on and gives medium-full coverage from the first layer. If you want more coverage in certain spots, you can layer the powder seamlessly and it will definitely give you a flawless finish.
My only complaint is that because my skin gets very oily throughout the day, the foundation tends to get cake on my t-zone. Blotting papers and a bit of setting powder can fix this quickly, though.
All in all, it's a very good foundation and you definitely get a lot of bang for your buck. Probably not the best choice for those with dry or oily skin though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/15/2012 9:09:00 PM More reviews by cookielips

it broke me out! i though i found a good foundation.
I have combinaison skin. I usually break out on my t-zone because of the oilyness and i break out on my cheeks because of makeup.
I broke out so many times on my cheeks when i used this powder. I cleanse with my clarisonic with Alpha H balancing cleanser. My primer consist of my moisturizer and sunscreen. I didn't feel the need to put another layer of primer because i have to be gentle on my skin.
Didn't treat my acne at all. So i stopped using for 1 month, my skin looks better.
i wouldn't recommend someone who's looking for a non comodogenic makeup. I look up on the internet, never saw the word non comodogenic on their website except on forum but we know it's not reliable sometimes.

I used Clinique foundation, Makeup forever and Cover fx. Everything broke me out. Covering my imperfection seems impossible

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by knhappyface

I originally purchased E60 to use for contouring - it ended up being too orange for that purpose. I now use it on top of E10 coverFX cream foundation, to better match my skintone as I have gotten significantly darker in the past couple months.

No complaints here! I start with the clear prep FX primer before my moisturizer has completely absorbed, then use the cream foundation. I generously apply setting FX powder, then the powder FX. It really evens my skintone and provides extra coverage (though the cream foundation already does a great job with coverage). It doesn't look cakey at all to me, and gives my face a wonderfully smooth appearance. Setting FX seems to really magnify my skin's texture, and putting powder FX on top smooths it back out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by ItsStillAWrap

Thank God for this stuff! I am wearing it in E20 (E40 was too pink on me). I have really bad acne and when I wear this you can't tell. I mean literally--you cannot tell I have a single zit (and I have many of them). I'm so happy with the coverage. By the end of the day it does get a little "cakey"...but better than other powder foundations I've tried. And it lasts all day, even in the heat. If you need coverage, get this!!! I've been using this over the Clear Prep Primer.

PS-I have tried a zillion powder foundations and this is the best . I've been on a mission lately and must have tried and returned a dozen .

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 7:36:00 AM More reviews by blush1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This powder is fairly expensive so I had high expectations. Although it comes in a lot of shades and has skin friendly ingredients I find it looks cakey within a few hours, and doesn't have very good coverage. This is coming from someone with dry skin, too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I love this!!!!My powder search is over it doesn't get any better than this.It covers EVERYTHING redness blemishes and it lasts with no shine ,shimmer,glitter.It buildable with one coat it has medium to full coverage.It goes on without being powdery. you won't waste product when swirling the brush. inside If you put this over there liquid foundation you look perfect so for special occasions.
I know it;s expensive ( this is my first high end product) but when you think of all the powders you won't have to buy because you'll be done trying powders after this .I bought the Revlon photo ready but I hate it, sits in my room collecting dust and at 18 dollars what a waste.
The cover fx is 35 dollars with more product and better coverage than the revlon.Even though it expensive this is soo worth trying I love this so much that even when i'm not going anywhere i dust some on to give myself a boost..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by mochaholic

I kinda hate this stuff. I really wanted to try Cover Fx after hearing great reviews and I thought the powder formula would work well w/ my acne-prone oily ass skin. I tried using this w/ and w/o primer and w/ and w/o setting powder and can't get this work for me. My skin still gets super greasy and when this mixes w/ grease it looks soooo awful, like plasticky, cakey, and slimey at the same. It looks ok after I blot, but I can't be constantly checking and blotting. It's not cheap, so I am still trying to use it once in a while. One good thing is that I have not noticed it aggrevating my acne, but this is definitely NOT meant for oily skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Megan117

I bought the natural fx first and thought it was amazing, but I didnt want to put a liquid foundation on everyday, so the sales lady at the drugstore recomended this one for everyday wear. The first month I thought it was fantasic (apart from it being a little lighter than my skin, but that was my fault for not trying it before i bought it). But after a month it started to look flaky and started to look kind of grey. Upon closer examination I noticed it made my pores look HUUGGEE and made acne really stand out! It sucks because I thought I had found the perfect foundation for my skin but turns out I'm still on the hunt. I was thinking about purchasing the creme cover fx but after the dissapointment of this product I don't think I will be :-(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:27:00 AM More reviews by MiaMore84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best coverage powder!
- Unbeatable coverage
- Fine powder/blendable
- Great staying power
- Great for Asian skin tones
- Expensive (but worth it)
- Under-rated
- Covers without drying or flaking
- Not oily