April 16, 2014 | 2015 users online

Pressed Powders - Cover FX - Cover FX - Matte FX

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Does just what it says it will do - mattify your face without adding any colour, coverage and as a result, no unattractive cakey build-up. When I first started to buy this (years ago, when Cover FX first launched in Canada), there were only 2 colours - light and dark - and neither of these was sufficient for anyone who fell in the middle (the light shade could look chalky even though it doesn't really add "coverage").

Simply an excellent product for hot weather or for blotting your T-zone. Packaging is crappy - nothing but a cheap cello disc to separate the puff from the product. The instructions used to say that if you lost the disc, just turn the puff upside down. How stupid is that? With all the great packaging options out there, could they not come up with something better?

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Tola1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

While I love other Cover Fx products this one disappointed me. When I purchased it at murale they suggested using it as a primer. When used under my makeup it didn't seem to have any effect. I have also tried it as a blotting powder but it was not as good as others on the market.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2011 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product does what it claims. It controls oil without adding color. Its very light and does not cake or cause any buildup. I apply with a brush in my t-zone to control my oilies througout the day and it works wonderfully. Very glad I tried this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by TaxDollar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is what I have been looking for in a blot powder! I apply it when my face starts looking shiny and (unlike MAC blot powder) it continues to control oil hours after application. It offers no coverage at all but that's fine---it definitely controls oil just as it says it will!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by nygrlnca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! It matches my skin perfectly and feels like I am not wearing any makeup at all. It hasn't oxidized on my oily skin and has not aggravated my acne flare up. It doesn't contain bismuth which I have an allergic reaction to which is why I chose this as my HG!

Edit: It looked so flat and eventually felt heave, like MAC Studio Fix Powder. Took off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 10:25:00 PM More reviews by wickedfreethinker

This powder is like real life photoshop. I by no means have perfect skin, but after I put on foundation and concealer, I swipe this over to "set" everything and it looks like I airbrushed my face. It works really well at keeping oil at bay and I rarely have to blot my face when I wear this. Really love this and will repurchase. It never looks cakey and doesn't cause foundation to separate on the skin like some other powders can.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by megtastic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this powder at sephora last week. I wanted light to medium coverage and some thing that would not break out my skin. So the cosmetic consultant recomended this brand. I was using Aveda powder before but wanted to try something new. This powder is great. It covers my skin with out having to use barely any product. A little goes a long way. My skin is not irritated by the product at all. I would recomend it to everyone. I have combonination skin and I am very oily in my T-zone. This powder lasted all day with no shine. I will be repurchasing it again when I run out. Definatley worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MYCATSHADOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I promised I'd do a review on this powder once I started using this... All I can say is WOW! What a powder! I was using the Mac Blot powder but wanted to try something new cuz I tend to go through it quite quickly. I then bought E.L. Double Wear loose mineral powder & loved how it loved @ first but then hated how it left my skin looking like an oil slick 3 hours later. I also tried the E.L. Double Matte powder but found that I couldn't wear that one either cuz it ridiculously emphasized my pores. I also tried the MAC MSFN but found that it oxidized on me throughout the day.

I happened to be in Sephora last week & told the S.A. that I needed a new setting powder for my liquid foundation. I told her of my skin concerns & she suggested this product. LOVELY! It is a few dollars more than the MAC Blot but I noticed that I only need a a little bit. I don't have to pile it on like I did with the MAC Blot in order to achieve the same effect. This is exactly what I was looking for. I purchased it in Medium. I now only have to blot my nose with rice paper after bout 5 hours now instead of my entire face every 3 hours. My face also feels so fresh & clean, not like I have a heavy grease mask on. Also, this powder does not emphasize skin imperfecrtions such as large pores & fine lines like some other powders can. If you like Mac Blot powder, then I believe that you will really appreciate this powder. I feel that I can go longer without blotting & use less product with this powder. In the long run, I feel that it will save me money. I am also acne prone & this did not break me out @ all!! Oily skinned girls should definitely check this out @ their local Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 2:52:00 AM More reviews by comma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a great setting powder. I don't apply this as Cover FX suggests (they suggest you use it as a blotter before applying mineral foundation on top). Instead, I use it to set my liquid foundation.

There are 2 things I absolutely love about this product: 1) Matte but super natural finish that lasts most of the day (better than most powders anyway) 2) It really is transluscent! I have fair skin and use the light shade. It does not appear to add any colour at all and it doesn't look white or cakey.

I really do prefer liquid foundations, but having oily skin, there is no way I could last a day without setting my makeup with powder. Also, because finding a shade of foundation is so tricky, the last thing I want is to add more colour or change the overall effect of my makeup by applying a powder over top! This product meets these needs perfectly.

Cons: The price. A little expensive. Also, I know this is a pressed powder, but it takes quite a bit of effort to pick up a decent amout with a brush! Other than that, if you are an oily skin looking for a transluscent setting powder, give this one a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by labellavila21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first experience with blotting powders and I am hooked! I used this with MAC matte primer (although any matte primer would work). Before i would use powder constantly to absorb the excess oil, which ended up with my face becoming cakey. This does set a very small amount of colour onto my skin, which is barely noticable. It keeps makeup looking fresh throughout the day. The price was quite expensive for how long it seems to last, but I get it with my shoppers points. I had read in another review that the sponge it comes with isnt very good, which is true. I too picked up another sponge to apply with. Overall, would buy again.