Cover FX Cover FX - Matte FX

3.8

Talc Zea Mays (Corn) Starch Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate Nylon-12 Zinc Stearate Ethylhexyl Palmitate Sodium Dehydroacetate Dehydroacetic Acid Tocopherol Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate Ascorbyl Palmitate Triethoxycaprylylsilane Hydrogenated Polyisobutene May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Ultramarines (CI 77007)

on 8/23/2011 9:30:00 AM

This is a great invisible oil controller, with a finely milled texture when placed on skin. Great to be used on bare skin for lightly balancing out shine and minor discolouration.

I do find the product to be super densely pressed which can make it difficult to pick up product. However, a light scraping with a stiff brush could easily pick up product. A grinding mechanism (ala Smashbox's Halo Perfecting Powder) would be ideal!

on 8/16/2011 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great for oily skin! For touch ups during the day this is my HG product. I use a thick bristle kabuki to apply it, though, I find it gets more powder out of it. Leaves me oil free and ready to go another few hours before needing a quick re-application. Doesn't feel heavy at all or change the way my makeup looks.

on 8/4/2011 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Does just what it says it will do - mattify your face without adding any colour, coverage and as a result, no unattractive cakey build-up. When I first started to buy this (years ago, when Cover FX first launched in Canada), there were only 2 colours - light and dark - and neither of these was sufficient for anyone who fell in the middle (the light shade could look chalky even though it doesn't really add "coverage").

Simply an excellent product for hot weather or for blotting your T-zone. Packaging is crappy - nothing but a cheap cello disc to separate the puff from the product. The instructions used to say that if you lost the disc, just turn the puff upside down. How stupid is that? With all the great packaging options out there, could they not come up with something better?

on 7/29/2011 2:56:00 PM

While I love other Cover Fx products this one disappointed me. When I purchased it at murale they suggested using it as a primer. When used under my makeup it didn't seem to have any effect. I have also tried it as a blotting powder but it was not as good as others on the market.

on 7/22/2011 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This product does what it claims. It controls oil without adding color. Its very light and does not cake or cause any buildup. I apply with a brush in my t-zone to control my oilies througout the day and it works wonderfully. Very glad I tried this!

on 7/2/2011 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is what I have been looking for in a blot powder! I apply it when my face starts looking shiny and (unlike MAC blot powder) it continues to control oil hours after application. It offers no coverage at all but that's fine---it definitely controls oil just as it says it will!

on 6/11/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this product! It matches my skin perfectly and feels like I am not wearing any makeup at all. It hasn't oxidized on my oily skin and has not aggravated my acne flare up. It doesn't contain bismuth which I have an allergic reaction to which is why I chose this as my HG!

Edit: It looked so flat and eventually felt heave, like MAC Studio Fix Powder. Took off a lippie.

This powder is like real life photoshop. I by no means have perfect skin, but after I put on foundation and concealer, I swipe this over to "set" everything and it looks like I airbrushed my face. It works really well at keeping oil at bay and I rarely have to blot my face when I wear this. Really love this and will repurchase. It never looks cakey and doesn't cause foundation to separate on the skin like some other powders can.

on 4/18/2011 10:47:00 PM

I got this powder at sephora last week. I wanted light to medium coverage and some thing that would not break out my skin. So the cosmetic consultant recomended this brand. I was using Aveda powder before but wanted to try something new. This powder is great. It covers my skin with out having to use barely any product. A little goes a long way. My skin is not irritated by the product at all. I would recomend it to everyone. I have combonination skin and I am very oily in my T-zone. This powder lasted all day with no shine. I will be repurchasing it again when I run out. Definatley worth the money.

on 4/18/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I promised I'd do a review on this powder once I started using this... All I can say is WOW! What a powder! I was using the Mac Blot powder but wanted to try something new cuz I tend to go through it quite quickly. I then bought E.L. Double Wear loose mineral powder & loved how it loved @ first but then hated how it left my skin looking like an oil slick 3 hours later. I also tried the E.L. Double Matte powder but found that I couldn't wear that one either cuz it ridiculously emphasized my pores. I also tried the MAC MSFN but found that it oxidized on me throughout the day.

I happened to be in Sephora last week & told the S.A. that I needed a new setting powder for my liquid foundation. I told her of my skin concerns & she suggested this product. LOVELY! It is a few dollars more than the MAC Blot but I noticed that I only need a a little bit. I don't have to pile it on like I did with the MAC Blot in order to achieve the same effect. This is exactly what I was looking for. I purchased it in Medium. I now only have to blot my nose with rice paper after bout 5 hours now instead of my entire face every 3 hours. My face also feels so fresh & clean, not like I have a heavy grease mask on. Also, this powder does not emphasize skin imperfecrtions such as large pores & fine lines like some other powders can. If you like Mac Blot powder, then I believe that you will really appreciate this powder. I feel that I can go longer without blotting & use less product with this powder. In the long run, I feel that it will save me money. I am also acne prone & this did not break me out @ all!! Oily skinned girls should definitely check this out @ their local Sephora.