Jean Paul Gaultier Classique EDT

BASE: Amber, Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla

on 11/21/2012 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

My bf had bought me this as a gift because he loved it. I absolutely hated it at first, I was 19 then and it seemed way to grown up on me, but now years later, I'm falling in love with it! It's become my everyday frangrance for the office, it's a little heavy but it makes me feel all fancy and sophisticated. Great for going out as well when I want to get a bit classy. It's a classic scent that differs so much from all the fruity sugary floral scents dominating the market these days. It has great lasting power too, stays on all day. And the bottle is just beautiful.

Sultry and intriguing. Smells like a night out on the town.

on 9/22/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I have been wearing this perfume for 8 years now. My French boyfriend originally gave it to me as a birthday present, and I have been wearing it ever since. Men LOVE it. It's too heavy for me for every-day wear, but I spritz one one or two sprays before going out on weekends and I always get compliments on how I smell. I'll wear this forever!

on 5/20/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Disliked everything about it, cloying, cheap smelling for the price. Had a sample, would not buy a full sized. Dislike the headless horseman bottle too.

on 5/20/2012 4:04:00 PM

I simply LOVE this fragrance. It's strong, vibrant, and very sexy. It's so powdery and so sweet. I think it's very over the top in every way and that's exactly what I love about it. It makes me think of very luxurious things. But old luxury, if that makes sense. Not a brand new sportscar, but an oldtimer. Not a villa in Hollywood, but a mansion on the English countryside.
It actually reminds me of very old, very good whiskey. It has that same boozy velvety texture.
To me it smells like make-up, whiskey, vanilla, and a lot of spicy florals. I absolutely love the ginger and the anise (I'm a HUGE fan of anise notes) blending beautifully with the ylang ylang and the orange blossom. My friend said it reminded her of old fashioned sweets, and I totally get that.

Though I really love this fragrance, I can not wear it every day (well, it wasn't made to be worn all day either). It's just too much over the top. I can only wear it when I'm dressed up for a chique occasion. When everything else is perfect, Classique is the icing on the cake.

I must say I prefer this to the EDP. The EDP is softer, gentler, more mature. Like the more grown up sister of the sparkly EDT. There character is in essence alike, but they are very different.

I do not really get the fuss around the bottle. I quite like it. It's a mannequin, that's all. It adds to the luxurious feel of this fragrance. And the corset is very... I would not say funny, but I can not really find another word to describe it in English. The corset makes me smile. In a good way.

on 3/30/2012 7:13:00 PM

This a heavier fragrances than I'm used to, but it's not overpowering or too "mature." It's a nice, nighttime scent, and I like the cute little bottle it comes in. The scent is powdery with a light floral musk (I scent rose), slight vanilla, spicy, warm and sweet. It lasts quite awhile without being obnoxious.

on 3/19/2012 11:45:00 PM

I have to say... In MY OPINION..

I HATE THIS FRAGRANCE! When I was little, mother had one of these & constantly sprayed it & sprayed it! It was awful! It stuffed my nose with such a nasty smell. Blek! I'm sorry ladies, if this is one of YOUR fav.'s I just wanna put it out there, this thing is horrible!!

been wearing this for about 10-12 years i just love it!
First off who ever designed the bottle A+, gold star you get a cookie!! so sexy and fun.
This is pricey but its so strong you just need the smallest amount, therefore a bottle will last me almost a year great bang for the buck if you ask me.
I get asked all the time what am I wearing how good I smell :) it lasts all freakin day what's that saying you get what you pay for....
undersents on this for me are vanilla, rose and sandalwood, its sweet yet musk.
You've got to give this a try (not for those who enjoy "delicate" sents)

on 3/16/2012 11:32:00 PM

I dislike the smell when I first sprayed it - it smells like soap. However, I EXTREMELY love the dry down. It really smells good. I would repurchase it just because I love the smell after a couple of hours. Even though it smells like soap initially, it doesn't have that old lady smell (such as Chanel no 5).

on 1/19/2012 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite fragrances. It's a beautiful, boldly feminine Oriental Floral fragrance that's perfect for special occassions, although I wear it whenever I'm in a "sophisticated" mood. I love the bottle, love it's staying power and love the fragrance.

Popular Fragrances