NARS Powder Foundation

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 4.9%, Titanium Dioxide 6.6% Ingredients: Nylon 12, Calcium Stearate, Silica, Lecithin, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Jojobate, Jojoba Alcohol, Jojoba Esters, Trimethyl Siloxysilicate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Bht, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 6/8/2013 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I think this powder foundation is more like setting powder. It doesn't have coverage at all. It can't cover my blemishes. No worth the money.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have been using Bare Escentuals (loose) powder foundation for years (in Fair), and I felt like my face just didn't look as flawless as it could. I was oily by the end of the day even with finishing powder. I switched primers a while back to the NARS pro-prime pore refining primer and I loved it so I decided to try out the powder foundation. I have been using this foundation for almost a month, and I constantly get compliments now on how "put together" or how flawless my face looks. I love this foundation. It isn't harsh on my overly sensitive skin and it stays put just as well as a liquid with a primer, finishing powder, and setting spray. I am fair, but have a lot of pink in my skin and it is hard for me to find a very fair foundation with pink undertones (no yellow/orange), but the Mont Blanc is perfect for me.

EDIT: I am removing one lippie for the length of time the compact lasts and amount of product for the price. I'm also not sure now if I will repurchase. After reading reviews, I expected to get a lot of use out of my compact, but I was already hitting the bottom at only 1 1/2 months. I expect I will need a replacement at 3 months. Three months for $42 is steep, especially when I got 6+ months from my Bare Escentuals for less than $30. I suspect I may be "overapplying" to get my flawless look as I know pressed powder usually does not need a heavy hand so I am going on another search for another foundation... too bad. Mont Blanc is my PERFECT color.

on 4/12/2013 2:13:00 PM

i have to admit i am a little undecided with if i really like this product or not. ive gone through 2 compacts so far and i think i might just stick with my drugstore compact powders. ive tried many different brands and if you like the NARS powder but not the price the drug store dupe you can find is by rimmel "stay matte". the good thing about this compact is that i find it does last longer then usual (meaning the actual product in the packaging)

This is a very natural looking, sheer coverage powder foundation. Use a dense brush for more coverage. Wide selection of shades. I got compliments on my skin while using this. I said it was foundation but no one believed me. All in all a great product, no complaints, except maybe the price!

on 3/21/2013 6:52:00 PM

i bought this powder with high hopes but was disappointed..

very expensive and didnt combat shine or grease and felt slightly heavy on my skin. i got a mini breakout on my skin and believe this powder could have caused it because as soon as i reverted back to mac blot powder my skin was better.

the packaging was very bulky amd not slim line enough for every day compact or portability.

will stick to mac make up! always does the job and great price.

on 10/29/2012 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this powder because I wanted a very light coverage foundation, and have been finding that liquid foundations make me oily and don't give me a natural look. I have a bit of an uneven skin tone and some dark acne scars and I just like to look more even and natural.

I purchased Syracuse, as it's a perfect match for me in the Sheer Glow formula (for reference, I find Syracuse too light for me in the Sheer Matte formula and am NC43/44 in MAC). I found Syracuse in powder foundation incredibly dark, at least several shades too dark for me - which is even more surprising considering it's low coverage!

This stuff didn't last more than a few hours on me, didn't look that great on my skin and didn't cover or even up anything. The only thing this overpriced powder is good for is as a setting powder. It's not bad for touch ups (as it does deposit a bit of colour - more so than a normal finishing powder) but you definitely can't get any mileage out of it as a foundation on its own.

I'm really disappointed as the "best" powder foundation I've tried is still MAC Studio Fix Powder, but that breaks me out so I'm trying to find an equivalent. Sadly, NARS doesn't have it.

on 8/7/2012 5:15:00 PM

I've only used it for one day and i returned it because it makes my face much more oilier than usual. It touched up liked 5 times in the morning coz my face is just so shinnny and it's the kind of greasiness that i can feel. Besides that i still think it's a great powder foundation, has broad spectrum spf 12 which is one of the reason why i wanted to try it. Powder extremely fine milled, beautiful finish but did i mentioned that the powder costs 65 cdn plus tax here in canada...!!?? Althought it didn't work for me but i would still recommend this product for othersss........Update: gave it another try after more than a year and after my skin has settled down a bit from a major crazy outbreak after a trip to asia.........still does the same thing........left my face oily oily and oily.........had no choice but to stick back to the regular pressed powder.........

on 7/17/2012 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

After Chanel discontinued their TeintControle powder no 6, i been searching for my HG powder. tried MAC C40, just abit dark...BB too light, like no coverage.Clinique too ashy.I've got medium with golden yellow complexion which is hard to match.
so, when a friend recomm me this, i was like cool. i bght Tahoe shade.
It matches perfectly in the sunlight but under dim yellow light, i looked dark. this powder is so light, i barely feel anything...lighter than a pressed powder? so i wonder whether is it worth it?

This doesnt control oil at all and doesnt last. why are other reviewers said its lasting??

on 4/30/2012 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE: I tried to use MAC Studio Fix because it was more cost effective...nuh uh. Broke me out and the NARS powder foundation out performs it. I have stopped using it though because I find that it fades throughout the day even with primer.

This is HG material for me. I was in a foundation rut and discovered this on a whim. I was color matched in Santa Fe (which has peachy undertones) but I chose to get Barcelona which suited my NC 30-5 skin a lot better. I can't describe how this powder literally melts into your skin...it's like you're not even wearing make up! I use a flat top brush to apply one layer, put on concealer, then add another layer of foundation and this does not get cakey at all. NOT ONE BIT. I love it so much. I've honestly never felt this way about a powder foundation before. Looks great in sunlight, those awful bathroom lights, etc. For reference, I have normal/combination skin and this did not make me any oiler. Also, I have light acne scarring and this covered it seamlessly.
The price is quite hefty...$45.
Packaging: I thought I would hate this because it is really bulky but the large mirror inside is a definite plus. It comes with a sponge, which I don't use.

on 4/9/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this powder because I am a cook and working around grills and steam while wearing liquid foundation with my oily skin is NOT a good combination.I'm still working on my skin so that I'm comfortable going out bare-faced but until then this works just fine.It isn't full coverage but I don't need that;I just want something light.It evens out my skin and keeps me from looking like an oil slick by noon.I have the shade Syracuse and it's a perfect match.Looks natural and also has an spf.This will work great in the summer as well for lighter daytime looks.I know it'll hold up in the summer if it does while I'm slaving over grills and hot food for 8 hours a day.