April 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Take it Away Makeup remover lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sumptousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a great product...i use it everyday...a little goes a long way and then i rinse with cold water...
follow up with a cetaphil cream cleanser and then moisturise. i'm currently undergoing treatment for my acne-i dont breakout with this product at all...
just make sure you use a good quality cleanser after...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by suede425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading some of these reviews, I must say many people are using this product wrong, probably reason for not getting full benenfits of product. I love this product..I don't break out and my skin has actually gotten better, I now use less makeup, skin looks younger. I would highly recommend this product, great for all ages. Pump style and packaging is great quality.
HOW TO USE -
Apply to dry skin and massage well.
For best results, rinse off with water, but you can use a tissue.
Follow with your cleanser, that's what people are not doing, also can follow with toning lotion, then your Estée Lauder Repair Serum, Moisturizer and/or other moisturizer if you wish.

PRODUCT DETAILS -
Quickly and gently removes all makeup, even long-wear or waterproof formulas.
Unique water-based creme-gel refreshes you with a crisp herbal citrus scent. Helps dissove makeup quickly

Rinses away easily and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with no greasy afterfeel or oily residue.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although it's gentle, it doesn't remove my makeup. It leaves significant amounts of foundation on my skin, which is not a problem when I use PC Skin Recovery or One Step Cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this. It removes my makeup and doesn't make my face feel tight afterwards. I use toner after and there is very little to no leftover makeup coming off on the cotton pad so it seems to be doing it's job. I said yes to repurchasing because it actually does a better job than alot of nicer brands I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by mabelwky

It's not expensive, the packaging is great, I love how it smells, I thought i would like this, but i really really cannot. It doesn't remove my makeup, and when I try to, I feel like i am pushing the dirty-makeup-lotion-mix into my pores, it's horrible as i break out easily.
Overall, it is not a good makeup remover, the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Krycek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this recently in a swap and was pleasantly surprised by it. I figured it would leave a greasy feeling behind but while it did remove my makeup (use a separate eye makeup remover so I don't know how well it performs on regular mascara) it left my skin feeling clean and soft. I can't attest to its price but as it's dept store I figure it's pricey. would I buy, no (will stick to my regular cleanser--marcelle foaming cleanser which is economical and works)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by marinahasber

Good to remove light makeup. After using for couple days, my skin feel irritated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Given to me by the Account Rep. for Lauder I have used this product for almost three weeks. I think that in the grand scheme of things this product is "o.k." but not good, great or even HG material. The creme smells nice, hasn't caused any reactions but I have to use several applications to remove my mascara. After cleaning with my face wash and using a toner I notice small traces of makeup (foundation) was still coming off on the pad.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as I think there are better products out on the market for less $$$. I have combination/sensitive skin and like other Lauder products I have tried this one gave me a mild burning sensation momentairly when I first apply it.

I gave thte rest to my roommate who loves it, so there you go. Different strokes for different folk :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by aprilmbh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today and it worked wonderfully, I love lotion cleansers and this is a keeper!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This is definitely an HG makeup remover in my book! I have sensitive skin and lots of cosmetic allergies, and this is one product that has done what it's supposed to (remove makeup) without irritating my skin in any way. I have a hard time removing cream eyeshadows (ie. MAC Paint Pots) and foundation (MAC Studio Fix Fluid) from my fingers after application (yes, I use my fingers)... and this Take It Away by EL works like nothing else! This even removes waterproof eyeliner in a snap! I just squirt a small amount onto whatever it is that needs to be removed from my skin... rub it in gently... and voilà! Makeup gone! I also use this on my face at night to remove my makeup before I wash with facial cleanser. I squirt a little Take It Away on my fingers... rub it in a circular motion on my face, then on my eyelids... rinse... then wash again with facial cleanser just to make sure everything is gone. I will never be without this product, unless EL decides to stop making it...