September 1, 2014 | 1146 users online

Cleansers - Estee Lauder - Take it Away Makeup remover lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2011 4:53:00 AM More reviews by mi2092

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

it's a ok product for me. it removes the makeup very throughly with a gentle massage. I found that I have to use at least 4 pumps to be able to massage the whole face, and I cant use it on my eyes because it gives a burning sensation. you can rinse it off with water or wipe it off with tissues. but you still have to wash your face with your regular cleanser to get everything off. this is a makeup remover rather than a cleanser. also, it doesn't mean that this is a one step cleanser. if it caused your break out I'm almost 90% sure it's because you did not wash it off properly with your regular cleanser.
why am i not buying this product again? the fragrance is killing me! it's so strong so irritating!! it actually remind me of a pesticide from my childhood.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by sumptousme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

a great product...i use it everyday...a little goes a long way and then i rinse with cold water...
follow up with a cetaphil cream cleanser and then moisturise. i'm currently undergoing treatment for my acne-i dont breakout with this product at all...
just make sure you use a good quality cleanser after...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by suede425

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading some of these reviews, I must say many people are using this product wrong, probably reason for not getting full benenfits of product. I love this product..I don't break out and my skin has actually gotten better, I now use less makeup, skin looks younger. I would highly recommend this product, great for all ages. Pump style and packaging is great quality.
HOW TO USE -
Apply to dry skin and massage well.
For best results, rinse off with water, but you can use a tissue.
Follow with your cleanser, that's what people are not doing, also can follow with toning lotion, then your Estée Lauder Repair Serum, Moisturizer and/or other moisturizer if you wish.

PRODUCT DETAILS -
Quickly and gently removes all makeup, even long-wear or waterproof formulas.
Unique water-based creme-gel refreshes you with a crisp herbal citrus scent. Helps dissove makeup quickly

Rinses away easily and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with no greasy afterfeel or oily residue.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by trshafer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although it's gentle, it doesn't remove my makeup. It leaves significant amounts of foundation on my skin, which is not a problem when I use PC Skin Recovery or One Step Cleansers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by renee1100

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this. It removes my makeup and doesn't make my face feel tight afterwards. I use toner after and there is very little to no leftover makeup coming off on the cotton pad so it seems to be doing it's job. I said yes to repurchasing because it actually does a better job than alot of nicer brands I've used.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2009 4:18:00 AM More reviews by mabelwky

It's not expensive, the packaging is great, I love how it smells, I thought i would like this, but i really really cannot. It doesn't remove my makeup, and when I try to, I feel like i am pushing the dirty-makeup-lotion-mix into my pores, it's horrible as i break out easily.
Overall, it is not a good makeup remover, the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Krycek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this recently in a swap and was pleasantly surprised by it. I figured it would leave a greasy feeling behind but while it did remove my makeup (use a separate eye makeup remover so I don't know how well it performs on regular mascara) it left my skin feeling clean and soft. I can't attest to its price but as it's dept store I figure it's pricey. would I buy, no (will stick to my regular cleanser--marcelle foaming cleanser which is economical and works)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by marinahasber

Good to remove light makeup. After using for couple days, my skin feel irritated.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Given to me by the Account Rep. for Lauder I have used this product for almost three weeks. I think that in the grand scheme of things this product is "o.k." but not good, great or even HG material. The creme smells nice, hasn't caused any reactions but I have to use several applications to remove my mascara. After cleaning with my face wash and using a toner I notice small traces of makeup (foundation) was still coming off on the pad.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as I think there are better products out on the market for less $$$. I have combination/sensitive skin and like other Lauder products I have tried this one gave me a mild burning sensation momentairly when I first apply it.

I gave thte rest to my roommate who loves it, so there you go. Different strokes for different folk :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by aprilmbh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this today and it worked wonderfully, I love lotion cleansers and this is a keeper!!