Estee Lauder Take it Away Makeup remover lotion

3.5

on 12/11/2013 7:34:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I really love this guy! Don't know how it's "supposed to be used", but I know how it works for me! An s/a used this on me while I was trying a whole different product, and I was floored with the results. I pump 1-2 pumps on a baby wipe, and get the most gentle, effective, invigorating cleansing I've ever had. The price made me a bit uneasy, but then I saw how economical it was for me for the long run(all you need is a wipe and a pump-w/ other m/u removers I'd need @ least 2 wipes and way more product).It doesn't clog pores or make my face feel greasy on one hand,and on the other, it also doesn't burn my face or make it feel dry-my face literally feels exactly as it did before I put my makeup on, which, I believe, is the goal of a good m/u remover.

on 6/3/2013 10:32:00 PM

This is the ONLY makeup remover that I have found that removes my Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation! I've tried MAC's make up removing oil, and Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm, both with NO luck. I have to use this twice before my regular cleanser, but whatever works!!!!!!
All of you who are complaining about having an oily residue after, you are still supposed to follow with your regular cleanser afterwards. This is only a makeup remover, not a face cleanser!

on 4/10/2013 12:21:00 AM

I have a sample of this in a gift set purchased.
I'm not perfectly satisfied with how it cleanses. It does remove my makeup, but I still had to wash with regular soap afterwards or it leaves a greasy residue. I only use this as an alternative because I prefer to use Bobbi Brown Cleansing oil.

on 3/19/2013 1:48:00 PM

This product does not remove my makeup and definitely not my regular, non-waterproof mascara. After I rinse it off it leaves a greasy residue on my face and lots of makeup on my white towel and mascara under my eyes. I am extremely disappointed since I bought this based on rave reviews of how well it removes makeup. I can't believe this works well for other people since it does absolutely nothing for me.

on 10/2/2012 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

If I could rate this crappy remover a negative 1 I would! It felt like I was washing my face in acid, as every piece of skin this horrid remover came into contact with immediately began burning horribly. I couldn't get it washed off fast enough & was left with the corners of my eyes extremely inflamed & beet red. I have no idea what happened as I used the sample I received from the sales associate multiple times with no problem. Once I used the actual product from the bottle I purchased, all heck broke loose!

on 9/9/2012 9:42:00 PM

I received a sample of this makeup remover in a gift with purchase.
I find that I need a lot of product for the job despite not using this on my eyes as I have a separate eyemakeup remover for that.
I'm not thrilled with it: not the texture, not the runnyness, not the scent and not the performance.
Doesn't feel as good to my skin as Clarins Cleansing Milk with Alpine Herbs or Lancome's Galatee Confort, Creme Douceur or Huile Douceur; all of these are followed by my skin cleaser.
Yes, I am a skin care junkie, and this one does not fit my bill. :)

on 8/22/2012 7:20:00 PM

Smells and feels like your spreading liquid fabric softener on your face, but boy does it work. Mascara, eyeliner, you name it! You do have to wash with regular soap though after because this is not a facial cleanser, its a make-up remover. It does deliver though. My toner pad is as white as Marie Osmonds teeth. Bottle is pretty and user friendly too.

WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED; C11-12 ISOPARAFFIN; HORDEUM VULGARE (BARLEY) EXTRACT; TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM EXTRACT; ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER; PEG-8 DILAURATE; SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE; SQUALANE; TROMETHAMINE; FRAGRANCE (PARFUM); PHENOXYETHANOL; METHYLPARABEN; ETHYLPARABEN; PROPYLPARABEN; BUTYLPARABEN; ISOBUTYLPARABEN; YELLOW 5 (CI 19140); GREEN 5 (CI 61570)

Made in USA
Tests on animals for Chinese Market only
Owned by big Corp-Estee Lauder (who owns just about all the other makeup counters in your favorite dept store)

on 3/9/2011 4:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

it's a ok product for me. it removes the makeup very throughly with a gentle massage. I found that I have to use at least 4 pumps to be able to massage the whole face, and I cant use it on my eyes because it gives a burning sensation. you can rinse it off with water or wipe it off with tissues. but you still have to wash your face with your regular cleanser to get everything off. this is a makeup remover rather than a cleanser. also, it doesn't mean that this is a one step cleanser. if it caused your break out I'm almost 90% sure it's because you did not wash it off properly with your regular cleanser.
why am i not buying this product again? the fragrance is killing me! it's so strong so irritating!! it actually remind me of a pesticide from my childhood.

on 9/9/2010 3:42:00 PM

a great product...i use it everyday...a little goes a long way and then i rinse with cold water...
follow up with a cetaphil cream cleanser and then moisturise. i'm currently undergoing treatment for my acne-i dont breakout with this product at all...
just make sure you use a good quality cleanser after...

on 5/4/2010 10:42:00 PM

After reading some of these reviews, I must say many people are using this product wrong, probably reason for not getting full benenfits of product. I love this product..I don't break out and my skin has actually gotten better, I now use less makeup, skin looks younger. I would highly recommend this product, great for all ages. Pump style and packaging is great quality.
HOW TO USE -
Apply to dry skin and massage well.
For best results, rinse off with water, but you can use a tissue.
Follow with your cleanser, that's what people are not doing, also can follow with toning lotion, then your Estée Lauder Repair Serum, Moisturizer and/or other moisturizer if you wish.

PRODUCT DETAILS -
Quickly and gently removes all makeup, even long-wear or waterproof formulas.
Unique water-based creme-gel refreshes you with a crisp herbal citrus scent. Helps dissove makeup quickly

Rinses away easily and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth with no greasy afterfeel or oily residue.