October 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Megabyte

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the only thing that has worked for me. My nails are normally like layers of rice paper at the ends and never seem to grow. I tried this years ago, but I am not very good with the correct routine and gave up even though it was working.

I tried it again a couple of years ago but this time I follow the directions except I just slap it on the tips every day (sometimes in very low light) rather than trying to be perfect. Sometimes I do not remove it for a couple of weeks and just keep doing the tips. Since it is clear, it is hard to see how it really looks, but when I put strong ready readers on I know it is time to stop being lazy and to start from scratch.

My nails are now strong and a perfect length, but I do have to keep an eye on them because they grow too long now.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 8:09:00 AM More reviews by inkaww

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the only nail treatment that has worked for me. Even OPI Nail Envy can't compare to this. It really makes my nails a lot harder and helps with the chipping and all. I had really bad nails before, even if I kept them as short as I could they would still chip and crack. This along with Body Shop Hemp Handcreme has worked wonders and now I have the nails I've dreamt of. Highly recommend this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2013 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dhouseholder

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this stuff. Do not hesitate to buy it.

Ever since I used acrylic nails TWO YEARS AGO my nails have been wrecked. They were dry, flexible/bending, peeling and always chipping. I could never have a pretty manicure for more than an hour and it'd chip right off. I was literally about to give up and then my mom told me about Nailtiques so I went to ULTA and bought it. Literally after only ONE WEEK, I saw amazing results. It's been about 2 and a half weeks now and my nails are growing so quickly and strong that I already need to file them.

This stuff works. Seriously. It's a bit pricey and that's why I gave it a 4, but I consider totally worth it because of the results it gives so quickly and how strong it has made my nails after years of problems. I always spend a little bit extra on beauty products like this just because I know it'll get it right the first time versus trying tons of products that don't do anything.

Here is a before and after picture after literally only the FIRST WEEK!:

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sbhonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I have tried so many things to keep my nails intact with very little success. I've tried a few Sally Hansen products, I've tried using gel polish while my nails grow out, and I've tried Nailtek XTRA. None of those helped.

I can usually get my nails fairly long on average, but I always have one or two that break super short, and I am constantly dealing with splitting and peeling that leads to eventual breaks.

I have been using Nailtiques Formula 2 Plus for about a month now. I had a nail or two break in the first week, but I haven't had ANY breaks, splitting, or peeling since then. None whatsoever. And I'm not exactly easy on my nails. I've always had issues with nails breaking while sewing and needlework, but I sewed and worked on a cross stitch quite a bit this week without any issues.

This is hands down the best nail product I have ever used. I absolutely love it and I couldn't ask for more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 7:34:00 PM More reviews by akalkh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. After getting gels (which I stupidly peeled off myself--I know, dumb) over two years ago, my nails just would never grow. No matter which products I used (and I used a lot of them), I had very weak, peeling nails. Someone from the nail board recommended this stuff, saying it had worked for her, so I went out and bought it. At only $9.50 at Ulta, I figured, why not. I have used it now for almost a month and my nails are radically and finally stronger and no longer peeling!

I use the stuff exactly as described in the instructions. I put it on every day and take it off a few days to a week later with non-acetone polish remover, only to start the process again. I've also not worn and nail polish besides this stuff since I started using it. That was extremely hard for me to do at the beginning of the process, but now my nails look so good that I'm excited to show them off.

My only complaint would be the packaging. I don't mind that it is a small bottle, but once the product got a little more than 3/4 to the bottom, it has become very difficult to get out enough to make a clean coat. But the pros far outweigh the cons and my mother (who gave me my weak nails to start with) has bought a bottle for herself after watching mine grow.

I am so happy to have found this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Artylady

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so delighted with this stuff! I have always had weak nails that split across as soon as they got any white tips at all. My nails need white tips of at least 2-3mm just to reach the ends of the fingers. It didn't help that I bit them for years and would also attack the skin around them, which always got very dry even with copious amounts of hand cream. (Duh, probably because of the nibbling. Vicious circle time...) I tried Sally Hansen, Nail Envy and Opi Avoplex without success. With the latter two, the nails at least appeared to improve at first, but would still break frequently. But since finding Nailtiques - wow. I tried Nailtiques 2 first, which improved the nails but they still split across sometimes although getting to a decent length was actually looking possible. I then tried the 2+ formula and that's what has brought about stunning results. All the nails are now growing so well that I sometimes have to file them to keep them just past my fingertips, which is as long as I want them. They will break occasionally if I've kept them in water a lot or forgotten to apply the stuff regularly.
I follow the instructions carefully, using the stuff almost every day - it dries amazingly fast so this isn't a problem, it takes seconds to do - and take it off and renew every few days. It smells quite strong, but this dissipates immediately. It doesn't yellow the nails, and although quite shiny at first the shine mellows to a reasonably natural look in a few hours. I can't say exactly how long this takes as I have just noticed after a while that the nails are less wet-shiny looking. It does start to lift if immersed in hot water for any length of time. I think this occurs after it's been applied for a few days and is getting thicker build-up.
Now the nails look so good I don't want to bite them. Instead I keep surreptitiously admiring them when no-one's looking! I usually use a very gentle remover from Fresh Therapies too, and still need a lot of hand cream to keep the cuticles in good nick. But this is the only nail treatment I have found that actually does what it promises. I might even get brave enough to play around with some nail polish on top now!

Update and extra useful info - I think I have found THE most effective nail strengthener, even better than Nailtiques. I was recommended to massage CASTOR OIL (yes, the laxative/ allegedly labour-inducing stuff) into my hands at night to alleviate stiffness in the fingers. It apparently has anti-inflammatory properties. I have done this for several weeks now. It does seem to help with the stiffness, but who knew - it's even better than using Nailtiques alone - nails flexible and clearly stronger. I now have ten good nails even if I forget to apply Nailtiques. I don't know if any other oil would work as well, but this certainly does it! Under 4.00 on Amazon too, for organic, 50ml, and you need a few drops only each night.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

For years I wore acrylic overlays on my nails because they were so weak. Of course, when I removed it my nails were wrecked. I started using Nailtiques 2+ to recover from the acrylic and my nails actually started to strengthen and grow - shocker! I have continued to use it off and on ever since and it's a holy grail product for me. According to the Nailtiques system, I should really step down to Formula 2 or 1, but as long as 2+ works, I'm going to stick with it.

The only downside is that the formula does dry out rather quickly - usually before half the bottle is gone. I researched and purchased Nailtiques Formula Fix which is their thinner to return it to a usable state so I can use the whole bottle. Regular polish thinner works also, but their Formula Fix is protein based so it doesn't dilute the protein levels so it's a much better solution and worth the investment in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Tildor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm crazy about this product! After a lifetime of weak, peeling nails I have finally found something that really works! For the first 6 weeks I used it almost every day, and cheated a little bit with colour polish. After that I had such good results I use it about 3 times a week. I've almost used up the bottle now and am about to order the formula 2 in hope it will maintain the great results I've had.

I'ts a bit on the expensive side (at least in Europe) but I think it's worth it! It's still alot cheaper than acrylics or other extensions. And it's an awesome base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ECPVMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have problematic nails (breakage for no apparent reason once your nails get to a "classy" length), then Nailtiques is for you. For no reason, my nails usually break once they get to the length that I want them to be which is about 1mm past my fingers (whatever length hand models have natural nails at in advertisements). They will rip and give me painful hang nails, or they will just break and I'm forced to file the whole nail (compromising the length for an even edge). But with nailtiques Formula 2+, I am able to maintain the length I want and my nails have never looked better. This is really good to put on after removing gel manicures or acrylic nails (severity of nail conditions is respective to formula # system). Asthetically, a regular manicure (polish on top of natural nails) has never cut it for the condition of my natural nails, and thanks to this product I don't have to wear acrylic nails. When I wear gel polish people think my nails are acrylic, they can't believe it's my actual nail bed beneath the gel polish. I was also a hardcore nail biter, and now I don't bite my nails because I'm too busy admiring my nails. This stuff really works. But you've got to follow the application directions on the box! And you've got to be diligent about it for about 2 weeks-1month. It's not some hardcore routine though, people that say this stuff doesn't work either are not consistent with the application or are using the wrong formula (requiring formula 3 but using formula 2, for instance). Once you consistently use this stuff, the maintainence is super easy: you just apply nailtiques at your own discretion or I love to use it as a base coat for my polish. It is the best base coat I've ever used. Your nail color will not chip as frequently and polish goes on smoother. It is even affective under your polish! I get no yellowing or stains from polish and my nail polish (no matter how vibrant or dark the color is) is super easy to remove with regular nail polish remover. I love this stuff. Instead of having to have a full blown manicure, I just file my nails to shape, use this as base coat, follow with polish and seche vite quick dry top coat and i'm good. my nail beds always look good with this stuff and i keep my hands conditioned with sporatic hand moisturizer (basically whenever I remember or have time to put on hand lotion after I wash hands, and before bedtime). Because of nailtiques and since I use it as a base coat for any type of manicure (gel or regular polish) I am able to have nails/hands that I'm not embarrassed of and best of all it is so simple and low maintanance. One bottle lasts a long time (read the pamphlet that comes in the packaging..very informative material..seriously!), even the mini Formula 2 bottle. I love this stuff, I can't do without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After going through about 5 bottles of Nailtiques Formula 2 over a couple years using on and off, I have finally surrendered to the fact that it makes my nails worse! I have thin, bendy nails that peel a lot in cold weather. I kept wanting it to do its trick, but my nails became even MORE brittle and soft! I'd put it on religiously every day for a week and it would PEEL off so fast! I'd remove it, then start again, and WOW! 5 bottles later I finally gave up!!!
Also, the polish gets thick very quickly, and the top separates from the brush part - on EVERY bottle I bought!
Every time I took a break from it, my nails would get better! Will keep looking for a good nail strengthener!