April 19, 2014 | 1322 users online

Treatments - Nailtiques - Formula 2 PLUS Nail Protein

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by ABrushWthBeauty

For years I wore acrylic overlays on my nails because they were so weak. Of course, when I removed it my nails were wrecked. I started using Nailtiques 2+ to recover from the acrylic and my nails actually started to strengthen and grow - shocker! I have continued to use it off and on ever since and it's a holy grail product for me. According to the Nailtiques system, I should really step down to Formula 2 or 1, but as long as 2+ works, I'm going to stick with it.

The only downside is that the formula does dry out rather quickly - usually before half the bottle is gone. I researched and purchased Nailtiques Formula Fix which is their thinner to return it to a usable state so I can use the whole bottle. Regular polish thinner works also, but their Formula Fix is protein based so it doesn't dilute the protein levels so it's a much better solution and worth the investment in the long run.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Tildor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm crazy about this product! After a lifetime of weak, peeling nails I have finally found something that really works! For the first 6 weeks I used it almost every day, and cheated a little bit with colour polish. After that I had such good results I use it about 3 times a week. I've almost used up the bottle now and am about to order the formula 2 in hope it will maintain the great results I've had.

I'ts a bit on the expensive side (at least in Europe) but I think it's worth it! It's still alot cheaper than acrylics or other extensions. And it's an awesome base coat.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by ECPVMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you have problematic nails (breakage for no apparent reason once your nails get to a "classy" length), then Nailtiques is for you. For no reason, my nails usually break once they get to the length that I want them to be which is about 1mm past my fingers (whatever length hand models have natural nails at in advertisements). They will rip and give me painful hang nails, or they will just break and I'm forced to file the whole nail (compromising the length for an even edge). But with nailtiques Formula 2+, I am able to maintain the length I want and my nails have never looked better. This is really good to put on after removing gel manicures or acrylic nails (severity of nail conditions is respective to formula # system). Asthetically, a regular manicure (polish on top of natural nails) has never cut it for the condition of my natural nails, and thanks to this product I don't have to wear acrylic nails. When I wear gel polish people think my nails are acrylic, they can't believe it's my actual nail bed beneath the gel polish. I was also a hardcore nail biter, and now I don't bite my nails because I'm too busy admiring my nails. This stuff really works. But you've got to follow the application directions on the box! And you've got to be diligent about it for about 2 weeks-1month. It's not some hardcore routine though, people that say this stuff doesn't work either are not consistent with the application or are using the wrong formula (requiring formula 3 but using formula 2, for instance). Once you consistently use this stuff, the maintainence is super easy: you just apply nailtiques at your own discretion or I love to use it as a base coat for my polish. It is the best base coat I've ever used. Your nail color will not chip as frequently and polish goes on smoother. It is even affective under your polish! I get no yellowing or stains from polish and my nail polish (no matter how vibrant or dark the color is) is super easy to remove with regular nail polish remover. I love this stuff. Instead of having to have a full blown manicure, I just file my nails to shape, use this as base coat, follow with polish and seche vite quick dry top coat and i'm good. my nail beds always look good with this stuff and i keep my hands conditioned with sporatic hand moisturizer (basically whenever I remember or have time to put on hand lotion after I wash hands, and before bedtime). Because of nailtiques and since I use it as a base coat for any type of manicure (gel or regular polish) I am able to have nails/hands that I'm not embarrassed of and best of all it is so simple and low maintanance. One bottle lasts a long time (read the pamphlet that comes in the packaging..very informative material..seriously!), even the mini Formula 2 bottle. I love this stuff, I can't do without it.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After going through about 5 bottles of Nailtiques Formula 2 over a couple years using on and off, I have finally surrendered to the fact that it makes my nails worse! I have thin, bendy nails that peel a lot in cold weather. I kept wanting it to do its trick, but my nails became even MORE brittle and soft! I'd put it on religiously every day for a week and it would PEEL off so fast! I'd remove it, then start again, and WOW! 5 bottles later I finally gave up!!!
Also, the polish gets thick very quickly, and the top separates from the brush part - on EVERY bottle I bought!
Every time I took a break from it, my nails would get better! Will keep looking for a good nail strengthener!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by PrincessPilar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My nails were thin, soft, and bendable....no nail length at all. I have been using Nailtiques 2 Plus for about 2 weeks and they are starting to grow past the tips of my fingers! I will post pictures later, I have a Before Picture...will add an After picture later.

This stuff works wonders and is as good as everyone says it is!

One thing I will say, I tried the Nailtiques nail lacquer and was not impressed. I used the Plus 2 formula as a base coat, used two coats of the lacquer, and then Seche Vite top coat. The nail polish chipped within a day and the vinyl-like protection to my nails peeled off in the shower like a heavy layer of plastic.

Once my nails are grown out to a good length I will just go back to regular nail polish.

This strengthening formula really does work!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by englishsheep

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

it really make your nail stonger...but the bottle is hard to use.. a lot left at the end which can't use and got wasted..

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by areed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow. I was ready to give up on my nails--they peeled, cracked and chipped. Flat out would not grow. As a last resort, I tried this. It takes a while, 3-4 weeks, but my gosh, worth the wait. I have nails I need to cut, and the demarcation between bed and tip is clear, whereas before the demarcation was blurred due to the excessive peeling. I try to put it on every day for 7 days. The formaldehyde worried me, that my nails would get brittle, and they don't. I do not find it excessively peels off my nail. The look is that of clear polish, very nice. I will use it as a base coat under polish when I start wearing it again.

it seems to be helping the cracked nail (length-wise split) sustained in a car door slam a few years back. ( I still need to glue the free end a bit.) but I was so tired of gel-ling this single nail. this may help me to finally have 10 long-ish nails.

It does thicken up, so it's good it's only 1/4 oz. $9.99, in CVS or Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've only been using this for one week plus and seem to work. My nails are stronger and harder. I used to have soft, peeling nails that crack before they grow out from the nail bed. This is the only nail treatment that does that!! Hope it'll keep working for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by taltman11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This nail protein is a miracle worker. I have soft nails prone to breakage and the Nailtiques improves the strength of my nails with only one coat. The only downside is that it tends to peel pretty easily, which isn't a huge deal if you put a fresh coat on every day. Even when I get super lazy and don't add additional coats every day, my nails still improve. I like the way it makes my nails look, too. Not too glossy, but not matte. I've been using this stuff for years and have tried similar, less expensive products that are nowhere near as effective, so I now stay loyal to Nailtiques. Some drugstores carry a 2-pack of Formula 2 Plus, so I pick this up when I see it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by jennyjams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After working in a bakery for a few years, my nails were shot from using them like tools. They were dry and would peel and break on the sides for no reason. Plus, two of my nails were damaged when I was younger and slammed them in a door. The two nails fell off and when they grew back they were super thin. They never ever would grow over the nail bed. I tried many products from sally hansen, opi, nail magic and nothing seemed to help. I saw nailtiques at ulta and decided to try the formula 2 plus nail protein. I apply everyday for 4 days then take it off the 4th night and apply thick creme for the night and then apply the next morning. I have repeated this for 3 weeks and OMG! My horrid nails are starting to look good now. I cant stop looking at them. Theyre not amazing yet but I know with this product theyre going to eventually get there. Even my two nails that never ever would grow are growing! I am going to continue to use the formula2 plus until its gone then move to the regular formula 2. I dont care about price $9.50 USD is not bad (even tho the bottle is super small) The product works so thats all that matters.