November 25, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I love this! I have it in Strawberry, a nice medium pink. It looks good on my cool NC15 skin tone. I love the fact that it's all natural and tingles like peppermint. Great for warm chapped lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Doesn't replace a lip balm but still hydrating. Bought in Peony, a shimmery copper tone. Looks nice on me. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Mariposagirl12

This is an amazing product. I use it almost every day. It's really moisturizing and is easy to carry because it doesn't take up much space. I love that the tube is so thin because the product can then be used on any lip size or shape.
The only problem I have with this might seem weird considering its called lip shimmer, but I wish they made these colors matte. I think most of the colors are so beautiful that the shimmer limits their use and how many looks they can be used in.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by mcutting

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If you like sticky, gooey lip products, then this product is for you. I bought this in red, and I thought that I was going to get a nice consistent color. No. It's thin, gooey and feels disgusting on your lips. It's just not my thing.
Ick!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 2:15:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Have used these for years because they are excellent. This is one of those products that slips my mind to mention, or use daily. But every time I do, I wonder why I don't keep it for my daily lipstick/balm/tint thingy. Four stars because the mint feeling may annoy some.

They are perfect. colours are on the darker side. quite moisturizing, soothing, but not a COMPLETE replacement for a lip treatment, if your lips are chapped you still need to look after them with a good thick balm, of course. sheen, not high gloss. (champagne has a lot of shimmer though.)

the way this sits on the lips is nice, kinda melts in, and makes lips look healthy but not artificially juicy/glossy. It feels light and I always forget I am wearing it, till i check the mirror. rhubarb and Champagne are the ones I use and I think i have repurchased rhubarb more than once.

I think the fact that the tubes are so skinny and the packaging isn't particularly interesting, means I keep losing em and finding them in odd places.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

lovely natural lip balm with no hidden nasty chemicals! goes on smoothly, lasts and is very comfortable to wear! really am enjoying Burts Bees products!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this product! I first bought it two years ago, and since then, I've never left the house without it. The packaging is small and convenient, allowing me to carry it around in my purse or pencil case. The price is good, especially when compared to other all-natural products, and it's readily available in most drugstores. It's incredibly moisturizing and a has pleasant minty smell. All the colours I've tried have been wonderfully pigmented and just a little sparkly, making them perfect for everyday wear and formal occasions alike. I prefer the bolder shades like plum and rhubarb, but there are also plenty of more understated colours that are very nice. It's pretty much my all-time favourite lip product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Burt's lip shimmers are high quality lip color products with most being so highly pigmented that they are very much lipsticks. I appreciate 100% natural ingredients, and enjoy minty tingle and scent (or do not mind it, at least). Color selection is quite broad, so is the amount of shimmer and staying power. I find that few of the shimmers provide a frosted lip and most reserve to a fine sparkle. I also find that more pigmented colors stay on longer.

I have so far tried Champagne, Cherry, Rhubarb, Watermelon, and Strawberry. Out of these, Rhubarb (cool, juicy berry with fine sparkle) is my favorite - it stays on all day and, surprisingly, does not stain much at all. Cherry is a fine sparkle, warm-based red, and did not work for my skin tone. Strawberry is a lovely pink, but I remember thinking to not buy it again, for some reason. Watermelon a juicy neutral shade and has very fine sparkle. Champagne is a very light frosty pink and is supposed to work for my skin tone, but on application is too pale.

I like the moisturizing properties of these balms (correction - lip shimmers), and I would certainly try other shades of this lip color line. While not the most sophisticated product, Burt's lip shimmers are a fun product to use for any age, and the fact that the product is narrow makes application very easy. I also find that the product does not twist down, but, as they say, forewarned is forearmed!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love that the ingredients for these products are all rated as not harmful, which is the main reason I bought these. That aside, it does a good job of moisturizing my lips and there has been a noticeable difference in the condition of my lips since I started using them. There is a tingling sensation when you apply the lip balm which feels pretty good when you're applying it to dry lips. The lip balm has a minty smell and taste which doesn't bother me at all as I find it better than the unnatural smell from other lip balms. I've bought the lip shimmer in champagne, fig, and caramel.

I wasn't particularly fond of the champagne shade because it looked unnaturally light on my lips, especially with all the shimmer. Both fig and caramel have less shimmer and are good for everyday use though I'm fonder of caramel since fig is a bit too dark on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Bleh! So, so very frosty, like 80's frosty. Also hated the texture--by no means does it glide on...you have to drag it on. It also dried out my lips.