April 19, 2014 | 1335 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Burts Bees Lip Shimmers

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Burt's lip shimmers are high quality lip color products with most being so highly pigmented that they are very much lipsticks. I appreciate 100% natural ingredients, and enjoy minty tingle and scent (or do not mind it, at least). Color selection is quite broad, so is the amount of shimmer and staying power. I find that few of the shimmers provide a frosted lip and most reserve to a fine sparkle. I also find that more pigmented colors stay on longer.

I have so far tried Champagne, Cherry, Rhubarb, Watermelon, and Strawberry. Out of these, Rhubarb (cool, juicy berry with fine sparkle) is my favorite - it stays on all day and, surprisingly, does not stain much at all. Cherry is a fine sparkle, warm-based red, and did not work for my skin tone. Strawberry is a lovely pink, but I remember thinking to not buy it again, for some reason. Watermelon a juicy neutral shade and has very fine sparkle. Champagne is a very light frosty pink and is supposed to work for my skin tone, but on application is too pale.

I like the moisturizing properties of these balms (correction - lip shimmers), and I would certainly try other shades of this lip color line. While not the most sophisticated product, Burt's lip shimmers are a fun product to use for any age, and the fact that the product is narrow makes application very easy. I also find that the product does not twist down, but, as they say, forewarned is forearmed!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by Errai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love that the ingredients for these products are all rated as not harmful, which is the main reason I bought these. That aside, it does a good job of moisturizing my lips and there has been a noticeable difference in the condition of my lips since I started using them. There is a tingling sensation when you apply the lip balm which feels pretty good when you're applying it to dry lips. The lip balm has a minty smell and taste which doesn't bother me at all as I find it better than the unnatural smell from other lip balms. I've bought the lip shimmer in champagne, fig, and caramel.

I wasn't particularly fond of the champagne shade because it looked unnaturally light on my lips, especially with all the shimmer. Both fig and caramel have less shimmer and are good for everyday use though I'm fonder of caramel since fig is a bit too dark on my lips.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

Bleh! So, so very frosty, like 80's frosty. Also hated the texture--by no means does it glide on...you have to drag it on. It also dried out my lips.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Kaileenicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this in the shade watermelon. The shade itself looks awesome on, but the product feels disgusting. It feels like there is a thin layer of sand on my lips and it dries them out so bad

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Impeccablebliss

I don't like shimmery lip gloss.. I don't even know why I purchased it but I do not like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by whiteckangel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Today, I bought the peony lip shimmer. Its a beautiful neutral/pink color. It goes really well with my skin tone.

The lip shimmers are really smooth and minty on the lips. It give out a nice scent. Peony is great for daily use.

I made a mistake though...being the curious cat, I twisted the product all the way up to see how much of it was actually in it and...I couldn't twist it back down like it used to so..don't make the same mistake...

The only downside of this product is that it's pretty expensive for just one tube. At walmart, its around $5 a piece.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by norami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Uses natural ingredients
Makes lips creamy and smooth
Great colour choices, peony is perfect for everyday wear, fig is gorgeous on olive skinned brunettes
Light to carry in purse
Nice minty tingly feeling on lips

The only downside I can think of is that it doesn't last very long, which is ok because it means it has less toxic chemicals.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Dannibee123

I have the lip shimmer in pink champagne...works really well! Leaves lips soft and moisturized just like the Burts Bees chap stick's do but give a subtle tint...LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by bgwhirlwind88

Have ran out, and lost, and bought these consistently thru the years.
My colors are Fig and Plum.
A blonde at work buys the real light pink and it looks so natural.
Taste fine, how long they last? Not too bad as when the color and shimmer wear off, there is still a hint of light stain, especially with Plum.
The End.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 5:52:00 PM More reviews by pebblesgirl

I am always on the lookout for natural products that will not cause issues for my sensitive skin. I really like these lip shimmers as they are highly pigmented and can be blotted with toilet paper and gloss applied over for a natural sheer look, which I prefer. Some of the shades are odd but they can be mixed together to create a new shade which I like to do. Nice to have in your bag for a quick natural pick me up!