L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product is bittersweet. The colour is super flattering- it's definitely a "your lips but better" lipstick. It has a nice soft pink to it too, but not enough to take away from the nude. It feels creamy but not gooey, applies easily and evenly, goes with pretty much anything and has decent wear. Not all day (I always take off my lipstick if I'm eating or drinking any way), but I'd say a good four hours. Those are the "sweet things".

Now, for the bitter part- the smell. It smells not horrible or disgusting like garbage, but very fake perfume-y. It's distracting and unpleasant, like others said a very "old lady" sort of perfume smell. I recognize the smell from my childhood, but I can't put my finger on what! Maybe the super cheap lipsticks or something I had for play purposes when I was young.

The taste is pretty similar. I've been considering adding a nice gloss or something over top to mask it, but although I do not like these qualities, they won't stop me from wearing the lipstick. I do have to take off a lippie for it though, as the taste/aroma is not desirable whatsoever.

Ok so I have a love hate relationship with this. I used to love it! The color is perfect and the formula is opaque but the smell and taste are just gross. I used to be ok with it but one of my friend's mentioned it to me and now I hate it and just want to get this out of my collection. I need to find a color dupe though because this color is soooo flattering.

on 12/16/2014 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Run don't walk to pick this nude lippie up now! Don't make the same mistake as I did and waited after trying like a billion other nude lipsticks before this one. It's simply perfect. I have fair warm-toned skin and it looks amazing. Doesn't was me out at all. It is the nude I have been searching for - pink with some brown to tone it down and just looks amazing. Formulation is creamy and my lips never get dried out. Got it at Walmart for under $6! Packaging is super cute in the matte gold and the square case ensures it won't roll all over the place if dropped. Getting a back up no doubt!

on 8/12/2014 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Love these lipsticks. This has the ability to look a bit ashy but I am not removing points because of my skintone. I simply place a darker lip gloss over it - something like L'Oreal Rich Nude or Revlon Plum Pearl. Then this lipstick is life in abundance. Well done L'Oreal. I am NW45 for reference.

on 6/15/2014 6:13:00 AM

I bought this because so many YouTube gurus were raving about this product. Well I decided to buy it on sale for $11 cad and IMO it's just ok. On my NC30 skintone, it look just a slight bit too light for what I'm used to (MAC - Cosmo lipstick and rimmel kate #08). I was looking for that perfect nude lipstick and I thought from the tube it looked pinky-brown... But on lips... It cancelled out too much of my natural lip colour... I like my nude to not look like concealer on my lips. Plus, the scent was too strong... It's like 80s-90s lipstick... Plastic - like scent. IMO if you're light / fair this may look REALLY good on you... Or if you're really into that 'barely there lip' look. This colour is quite similar to rimmel kate #14. I think I may have to return it.

on 5/19/2014 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I am a fan of L'Oreal Colour Riche line and saw the reviews on MUA for this and that it was good for a fair complexion. I do not have very pigmented lips and when I tried it it looked like I was wearing concealer. The lower half of my face seemed to disappear. I tried with gloss on top and still nothing - so I returned it. Beware PPP's!

I am still a little shy of nudes, but am starting to warm up to NYX's Thalia which is about as nude as I will go.

on 5/10/2014 6:54:00 PM

I bought this lipstick without even reading the reviews on MA. I own several L'Oreal lipsticks and they always are a reliable buy for me. I've rarely been disappointed with the colour, consistency or price of this line. I have recently been on a "nude" lipstick kick. I bought three recently (Cover Girl - Honeyed, Maybelline - Nude Lust and L'Oreal - Fairest Nude). I love this one for everyday wear. It's a perfect nude for my complexion. Not too pink or chalky looking but just pretty, soft, pinky beige with neutral tan undertones. It has become my staple lipstick and actually livens up my face. LOVE. x

on 5/7/2014 10:26:00 AM

this is my HG nude shade that i wear every day to work.

on 4/15/2014 1:34:00 PM

I had heard many great things about this lipstick from YouTube, so I decided to try it when it was on sale at my drugstore. I believe I got it for just under $9 CAD, so while that's not horrible for a lippy, I'd much rather have a MAC lipstick for $10 more.

The packaging is just o-k. It's in a square gold tube with a snap closure, which is fine however it seems dated. But, this is the case with most of L'Oreal's lipsticks.

The color is really pretty. It resembles Angel and Blankety from MAC mixed together, leaning more on the brown side. I have NC15 or 1N1 skin, and blonde hair, and this doesn't look like a "Nude" on me, it is more of a light beige/pink. It applies very smoothly, and makes your lips look smooth and soft. On me, it wore for about 4 hours before fading, which I was pleased with.

The problem I have with this lippy is the smell! If you read other reviews, you will find this is a common theme. I personally have never had a problem with scented lipsticks, I've never been bothered by one to the point that I felt sick. But this is just horrible. It smells like plasticy-old lady, it's hard to describe but very chemical-like. Not only can you smell it extremely strongly from the moment you open the tube, but you can taste it too. I feel like I'm eating it, and it makes me thirsty and sick to my stomach.

For that reason, I had to return it, and I can't reccommend this lipstick to anyone.

on 4/14/2014 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I think the color is great, but good lord the smell!! I hate the smell!

It has a very off-putting odor, and the scent seems to last a long time. Typically scented things don't bother me much, but something about this... it's just so bad!

The scent is strong enough that my spouse noticed it when we kissed, and mentioned how bad it smelled.

I thought maybe I had gotten an expired one. I went to the drugstore and smelled a few other ones, nope... it's just how they smell.

Popular Lipsticks