July 23, 2014 | 2058 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Heavenly Face Brush

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by jw6188

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush shed worse than any I have ever owned, I have bought hundreds of brush none has ever shed like this. From the first time I used it straight out of the package it shed like crazy!. Thought it might quit after a few uses but no it kept shedding. Throwed it in the garbage.I have never had this problem with any other Bare Escentuals brush. I am a huge fan of their products and make up but they dropped the ball on this brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by stability17

Its So ITCHY

i wouldnt buy it again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first got this brush in a kit. I love it. Perfect for applying BE minerals. You get medium to full coverage with this brush. I found that it really helped me to cover tough spots. This is not a brush for cream foundations and will not work well in that area, really only for minerals or pressed minerals. Works pretty good for applying blush also.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this brush at Ulta and, like an idiot, I threw away the receipt and plastic wrap. I hate this brush. The minute I got it home and washed it, I was disappointed. I thought it would retain it's shape and would be great to use for creme foundation. I was wrong. Way wrong. First, it sheads like crazy. I have a lot of brushes and most of them are cheap brushes.... No more than 15 bucks a brush. I'm talking Walmart and CVS brushes. None of them shed like the Heavenly Face Brush. Not even my $1.00 ELF brush. Second, the minute I washed it, the brush fanned out, making it impossible to apply creme foundation, which is why I bought it. Third, it smells like poop. Fourth, it was friggen expensive. Fifth, it's a mediocre powder brush. I use it only to finish my foundation/powder application.... I buff around my neck area. The brush is super soft, but with so many hairs falling out, it's only going to be a handle in no time and I can't apply my makeup with only a handle, no matter how hard I try. Consensus, save your money and head to WallyWorld, where you can buy 5 really awesome brushes that don't shed for the same price as the Heavenly Face Brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/24/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by biancaymark

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate it, it sheds like crazy and it stinks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by Dori319

I really like this brush for applying my BE foundation. It's not my HG foundation brush (the Soft Focus Brush holds that place) but I really like how this brush applies my foundation in a way that makes my face look airbrushed. It has pretty good coverage, more than the Full Flawless Face Brush but less than the Soft Focus Brush. I also like to use the Soft Focus Brush for my foundation (for a lot of coverage like I like it) and then use the Heavenly Face Brush with just a little bit of foundation powder to give my skin that airbrushed look. This brush does shed a little bit but not as much as the Full Flawless Face Brush does. I think if you're looking for a moderate amount of coverage with an airbrushed look this brush is for you. So far I like it and I will update later on how it holds up through time and washings but I hope it lasts a long time and if it does I would most likely re purchase. Oh and also, I bought this brush from a BE outlet store for $9.50.. what a steal!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 10:21:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this with a BE set I purchased and its a HUGE shedder. I am using it now until i get the sonia kashuk brusk i traded for. It does a great job with the foundation and my foundation looks flawless but I am picking hairs off my face forever wtih this brush and its been washed quite a few times. all in all i would not buy this brush again if i lost it. i would rather use the stipple brush that comes on top of the l'oreal mineral highlighter than this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by SapphireLily

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite brush by far. I see where the name comes from because it feels heavenly on my face. I'm not too sure why people are saying it's hard and/or it sheds, because mine is super soft and never sheds. It makes my make-up give a better and more even coverage. I bought mine from Ulta after falling in love with the tester. It's a tad bit expensive, but I love it! My next brush will be Make Up Forever's Kabuki brush... let's see if this one is still my favorite after that :)

UPDATE// Okay, so now I understand why people were complaining. I washed this brush and now it sheds and is not as soft. So off goes one lippie. What a bummer!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/7/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by RyoRyoChiwa

This brush is way over priced. I've used it for under a year and it sheds like crazy. Also, the hair is really scratchy and actually hurt my skin a few times. So irritated I spent as much money as I did on this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by SparklyEyes01

This is my FAVORITE foundation brush. It's highly versatile. I use it dry for an everyday look and wet for times when I will be wearing makeup for an extended amount of time. The bristles are very soft...feels almost like a feather grazing my face. The coverage is much better than the kabuki or any of their full flawless brushes their starter kits come in. If you really want to invest money into a nice foundation brush for your BE foundation, this is the brush to get! I do admit that the price is a little up there but it's such a good brush, I don't really mind. Just make sure you sanitize your brush after every use and deep clean it with a gentle brush shampoo at least every week. I also JUST realized that the brush that they are selling now is black...I don't know if this has anything to do with the bad reviews lately but mine is made with light goat hair. I bought this about 2 yrs ago (I think) and it hardly EVER sheds. Really! I guess I don't know if I'd buy it again in the future if the new black goat hair one sheds as much as people are saying on here.