Bare Escentuals Heavenly Face Brush

on 4/30/2011 3:20:00 PM

This brush is fabulous for putting on LIQUID foundation. You get a flawless look and you can do your face very quickly. Haven't had any issues with bristles falling out. Love this brush!

on 4/17/2011 1:46:00 AM

This brush shed worse than any I have ever owned, I have bought hundreds of brush none has ever shed like this. From the first time I used it straight out of the package it shed like crazy!. Thought it might quit after a few uses but no it kept shedding. Throwed it in the garbage.I have never had this problem with any other Bare Escentuals brush. I am a huge fan of their products and make up but they dropped the ball on this brush.

on 2/8/2011 1:06:00 PM

Its So ITCHY

i wouldnt buy it again

on 1/17/2011 10:06:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I first got this brush in a kit. I love it. Perfect for applying BE minerals. You get medium to full coverage with this brush. I found that it really helped me to cover tough spots. This is not a brush for cream foundations and will not work well in that area, really only for minerals or pressed minerals. Works pretty good for applying blush also.

on 10/17/2010 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this brush at Ulta and, like an idiot, I threw away the receipt and plastic wrap. I hate this brush. The minute I got it home and washed it, I was disappointed. I thought it would retain it's shape and would be great to use for creme foundation. I was wrong. Way wrong. First, it sheads like crazy. I have a lot of brushes and most of them are cheap brushes.... No more than 15 bucks a brush. I'm talking Walmart and CVS brushes. None of them shed like the Heavenly Face Brush. Not even my $1.00 ELF brush. Second, the minute I washed it, the brush fanned out, making it impossible to apply creme foundation, which is why I bought it. Third, it smells like poop. Fourth, it was friggen expensive. Fifth, it's a mediocre powder brush. I use it only to finish my foundation/powder application.... I buff around my neck area. The brush is super soft, but with so many hairs falling out, it's only going to be a handle in no time and I can't apply my makeup with only a handle, no matter how hard I try. Consensus, save your money and head to WallyWorld, where you can buy 5 really awesome brushes that don't shed for the same price as the Heavenly Face Brush.

on 9/24/2010 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I hate it, it sheds like crazy and it stinks.

on 8/29/2010 11:41:00 PM

I really like this brush for applying my BE foundation. It's not my HG foundation brush (the Soft Focus Brush holds that place) but I really like how this brush applies my foundation in a way that makes my face look airbrushed. It has pretty good coverage, more than the Full Flawless Face Brush but less than the Soft Focus Brush. I also like to use the Soft Focus Brush for my foundation (for a lot of coverage like I like it) and then use the Heavenly Face Brush with just a little bit of foundation powder to give my skin that airbrushed look. This brush does shed a little bit but not as much as the Full Flawless Face Brush does. I think if you're looking for a moderate amount of coverage with an airbrushed look this brush is for you. So far I like it and I will update later on how it holds up through time and washings but I hope it lasts a long time and if it does I would most likely re purchase. Oh and also, I bought this brush from a BE outlet store for $9.50.. what a steal!!

on 8/11/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this with a BE set I purchased and its a HUGE shedder. I am using it now until i get the sonia kashuk brusk i traded for. It does a great job with the foundation and my foundation looks flawless but I am picking hairs off my face forever wtih this brush and its been washed quite a few times. all in all i would not buy this brush again if i lost it. i would rather use the stipple brush that comes on top of the l'oreal mineral highlighter than this.

on 5/24/2010 6:57:00 PM

This is my favorite brush by far. I see where the name comes from because it feels heavenly on my face. I'm not too sure why people are saying it's hard and/or it sheds, because mine is super soft and never sheds. It makes my make-up give a better and more even coverage. I bought mine from Ulta after falling in love with the tester. It's a tad bit expensive, but I love it! My next brush will be Make Up Forever's Kabuki brush... let's see if this one is still my favorite after that :)

UPDATE// Okay, so now I understand why people were complaining. I washed this brush and now it sheds and is not as soft. So off goes one lippie. What a bummer!

on 5/7/2010 12:25:00 PM

This brush is way over priced. I've used it for under a year and it sheds like crazy. Also, the hair is really scratchy and actually hurt my skin a few times. So irritated I spent as much money as I did on this brush.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products