December 21, 2014 | 1007 users online

Mascara - Lancome - L -extreme Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 3:00:00 AM More reviews by cherrysylvie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall this mascara hold curls on my eyelash, and it's lightweight which don't clumps easily. The appearance is nice, the lashes won't stick together so make the lashes looks so real like your own. I like it. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

Nice for weightless definition. I get very black, but very natural-looking lashes. It has quite a wet formula that doesn't clump, but it delivers very little in the way of volume. Although this mascara gives a decent low-key finish for 'makeup-free' days, it's nothing special and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sofiagonzalez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my review for the waterproof version. Where I live this mascara is quite expensive, and I decided to buy it because I heard a lot of people talking about how good Lancome mascaras are. In the past I have tried almost all the drugstore mascaras, and ended up preferring Lumene natural code (which by the way is great). This said, I had high hopes for this product, and I must say, after giving it many opportunities that I hate it. One of the worst mascaras I have ever tried, it flakes, it clumps, it does not give you that natural look of lovely healthy lashes, but rather a spidery frightening one. As with all products, we all react in a different way. Therefore some my love it and others like me detest it.
My lashes are blond, very sensible (forgot to mention that it irritated my eyes also). If you have the money and you are willing to take the risk go for it, because maybe it can work for you. I will never repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by princessami

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've tried dozens of mascaras, and this is one of the best!

My favorite thing about it is the brush: The bristles are very stiff and short, and grab every last little hair, while allowing me to get to the very bottom of the lashline, wigglewigglewiggle, without smudging mascara on my lid.

I don't like wet mascaras, but I also don't like dry ones - L'Extreme is perfectly in the middle. The formula is very long lasting, I don't have any issues with undereye smudges or flaking.

The look I get with this mascara is long, fluttery lashes. It does add a decent amount of fullness, but I like volume. So, I first apply a coat of primer (I like Clinique's), then two coats of this mascara. The end result is thick, feathery, beautiful lashes.

The only beef I have with it is the packaging - I don't like the curve. It makes it somewhat awkward to hold.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Babycherry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the packaging of this mascara is unique, sophisticated. The mascara brush works well in separating the lashes, I experience no clumps so far. This mascara works extremely well in terms of lengthening and holding up curls. But not for volumizing. It would be a better mascara if it could do all 3. What I doesn't like about it is - it's tough to remove. I need to double or even triple my cleansing effort to get it remove thoroughly. With my normal cleansing, it will still leave residue on my lashes and stain my lower eye area - irritating! I won't repurchase because of the price, didn't feel it's worth it as there's better mascara out there at lower cost.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tallywa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i feel like this is a mascara that its slightly clumpy. i did get pretty good length, and i put on a coat of covergirl lashblast beforewards and it looks soooo defined (but still clumpy). i think this mascara is good but honestly not worth trying because, well, it's just average, nothing too special

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by From_skies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have this in purple. It's my "barely there" mascara product.

+ doesn't clump, no spider lashes
+ doesn't run
+ very, very longlasting, practically unmovable
+ at least it separates them

- ridiculous price
- didn't pull any length even from my long but blonde lashes
- so stiff that it feels like concrete on my lashes and I don't like it
- absolutely no volume

+ because of the above +s and -s, it's actually perfect for bottom lashes, but that's it. If you want a very expensive and very longlasting product that does nothing for you, it's the one.

Seems that Lancome mascaras are just not for me, I hated Definicils too...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In my opinion, this is the prettiest mascara tube that Lancome has designed. Love the slender shape of this mascara.

This mascara is AMAZING AT HOLDING CURLS!!!! It lasted over 12 hours without any problems at all, and this is only after curling lashes quickly and no lash primer. It DOESN'T CLUMP and the finished look is simple yet sophisticated. Imagine beautiful curls and defined lashes without that dramatic made-up look. It makes any eye-makeup look more delicate and beautiful.

In terms of length, it does a pretty good job. I would say the Guerlain Le 2 gives more length but then the Curl-Holding power of L'extreme more than makes up for it, nicely curled lashes look longer than lengthened lashes that don't curl enough anyways... Also the Guerlain Le Deux's finished look is less delicate than this, that one makes it look obvious that you are wearing mascara (which is good if you want each strand of lashes to look thicker and darker). The L'extreme makes your lashes look amazingly natural, hence the delicate and simple yet sophisticated finish.

If you are looking to create a clean, simple look with some added length and beautifully curled lashes which lasts all day, then this mascara is a must-have, even for short, soft Asian lashes like mine!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2011 6:16:00 AM More reviews by indigoblu

I've tried sooo many high end mascaras and this is by far the best! It holds a curl like *no other*. They even stay curled for a little while after I remove all my eye make up! I have fairly long, straight lashes (my mother is Japanese), so the curl aspect is important! This mascara lengthens more than it thickens giving a lovely, natural look- but the hyper-curl that I get with this product is pretty dramatic. Sometimes when I want extra thickness I apply this followed by a coat of YSL Volume Effect Faux Cils (which makes my lashes super-straight on its own). Awesome mascara! I'd be lost (and straight-lashed) without it!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by glamglamglam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this for about two weeks. I switched over from Virtuose, because Virtuose was giving me a lot of volume (which I already have), but not enough length. Ehh, I like this mascara, it's good. But I can't help feeling that it's not the best I can do. The Virtuose dried out pretty quickly, but then again, it was a drier formula. I use the white primer part from L'oreal Double Extend, and then I use this on top of it. This can look really clumpy if not applied well. I don't know, it does give some great length, but to do so, I usually apply a coat and then about half an hour later, apply another one. A third coat later on really pops, but it's just too much work.