September 18, 2014 | 2171 users online

Cleansers - Meaningful Beauty by Cindy Crawford - Skin Softening Cleanser ( aka Nettoyant Adoucissant)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very pleasantly surprised when I received my 30 day trial kit containing this outstanding cleanser. This is a lotion type cleanser that is easily removed with water and a wet warm washcloth. It does an excellent job at removing all types of makeup even stubborn mascara and television makeup without irritation or leaving a dry, tight feeling. I find that using a washcloth to remove the cleanser is very soothing and leaves my face, clean, soft, soothed and hydrated. My skintone has improved tremendously in the three months that I have been using this cleanser along with the other products in the kit. Redness is greatly diminished almost gone to the point that I don't notice anymore. My skin is now more even in texture and tone. For reference, I have Normal to dry, extremely sensitive, redness prone skin with a tendency towards breakouts and I haven't had any allergic reactions to this cleanser or any of the products in the trial kit. I have since signed up to continue to receive these products and am quite satisfied with results that I have gotten with continued use. To the basic kit, I have added the Glow Serum which I use after the toner and before the Day Creme with SPF 20 (the Day Creme with SPF 20 has been the only moisturizer with sunscreen that my skin has ever tolerated without redness or irritation - so this was an unexpected surprise); the glycolic pads which I use twice a week leave my skin exquisitely soft and exfoliated again without any irritation; and the Eye Enhancing Serum which leaves the eye area smooth and hydrated without a greasy feel. As with any product, your mileage may vary and not everyone's skin is the same. But, my results have been quite meaningful and I will continue to use these products.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Seebers

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In November 2010 I purchased the 30 day trial starter kit of Meaningful Beauty products to try out. I used the product for 2 weeks but did not feel that it lived up to all the hype so I returned the 30 day kit which I paid $39.95 via USPS and paid for delivery confirmation. Their “policy” is, if for any reason you're not completely satisfied, just return the containers within 60 days of receipt and you'll get a full refund of the purchase price (minus shipping and handling costs). I also called them on 12/26/10 and told them I did NOT want anymore shipments and the customer “service” lady told me I “she took care of it” and I “wouldn’t be charged anything else.” Four days later, I receive another box of Meaningful Beauty products which I refused. I marked on the package “REFUSED – ACCOUNT CLOSED – DID NOT ORDER” and promptly put it back in my mailbox on 12/31/2010.
A charge was then placed on my AMEX Blue credit card of for which I do not possess any of their products!
I called Meaningful Beauty on 3/3 to request my refund on all my money but the not so helpful and rather rude customer service person (named Jeremy, Employee ID 2231265) told me they never got the shipment returned to them and that he had not intensions of refunding my money.
After researching more about Meaningful Beauty, I discovered that this “situation” is a common practice for them. Over and over they “claim” to have “never received” the returned shipment. This is consumer FRAUD and I wish file a formal complaint for the $173.78 that was charged to my credit card.
Filed BBB Complaint. Here’s the link if you’ve been scammed too:

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Marzipan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I saw the ads for this line of skincare and looked into it online. Cindy Crawford has such amazing skin at her age and I (for some reason) believe that Cindy would not endorse a product that she doesn't like and use. I've been using Proactiv for 5 years and while it does keep acne at bay it also is drying and not pampering at ALL. Started using this one week ago. I LOVE it already. My skin is already showing signs of improvement in clarity and pore size. It is amazing and I am so pleased, I will comment on each of the products in the trial kit .

*Night cream: I love the night cream because it is very moisturinzing and soft feeling. My skin feels and looks great in the morning. *Eye cream: The eye ceam is soothing feeling, but I have not noticed much of a change in this area (yet). *Cleanser: I love, love the cleanser. It reminds me of Cetaphil only THIS does not break me out like Cetaphil did. It leaves my skin feeling so clean and so soft. Day fluid with spf: This just feels/smells like any old facial SPF to me, but it is supposedly an anti-wrinkle fluid, too. *Purity mask: It appears to be a clay based mask that is somehow not too drying. I like it. I took Cindy's advice and use it for 20 minutes while I am lounging in a hot tub.

Some peoples have had a bad reaction to this product line but so far I am really enjoying it. I will re-review this line at the end of 30 days.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2010 7:23:00 AM More reviews by wishiwasflawless

I use this when I stay with my grandmother. I like cleansers of similar texture to this.
The one thing really made me angry was this smell. It just smelt odd. Not like my Mereadesso that smells really nice.
As well this isn't as smooth and creamy as I'd like. My skin's quite dry, so I thought this would be okay. It did reduce the size of my pores, but it didn't moisturise as much as I thought. Not that long ago I saw the infomercial for this line.
Yes, I'm fifteen. But I really didn't find it that great :I don't have wrinkles :P but I didn't see any difference in my skin tone like it promised.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2010 1:51:00 PM More reviews by blhtx

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product line has one fault, IT DOESN'T DO WHAT THE INFOMERCIAL CLAIMS it will do. It is not a bad product, feels good on the skin, but after nearly 3 months use, there are no changes to my skin. Thank God I have been blessed with good skin that appears younger than my age. I will attempt to return my recently received shipment and cancel. The customer service is iffy (like most). By phone, one rep is very nice while the one next to her is extremely rude. Don't try to contact through email, it takes a month to get a reply and by then, you have a whole new question.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by slimm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this cleanser and this whole line of products. The cleanser is light and washes off well. My skin has never looked better. My aesthetician noticed too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ericsbaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It has only been 1 week, but so far, so good! I haven't seen my skin glowing in a long time (and I've tried LOTS of products, Mary Kay, Dove, Neutrogena, Cetaphil, Estee Lauder, etc.)

The cleanser took some getting used to but I am starting to love how easy it is to use! I haven't tried leaving it on as I have very oily skin but I may in the fall/winter time. I was pretty brutal on my skin this summer swimming, outside in the sun, and even though I religiously wore SPF 20 or 25, my skin did get dry and flaky with oily patches and got very dull. This is waking up and soothing my skin greatly! I do love using it with warm wather and a washcloth as that really gets my skin clean without leaving it tight and dry.

Used in harmony with the rest of the products, I think this is a winner so far, I'll update if any changes!
Maria

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2009 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Mitla96

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Funny story with this one. I have nice skin for a lady my age in general, but I feel this product lives up to its hype-my pores are diminished and it leaves my skin glowing. I went out on a Match.com date and it didn't go well, (the guy was kinda creepy), but he kept saying,"you have such NICE skin!" Then he said, (in the way of conversation) "I saw this ad on TV with Cindy Crawford..."and I commented that I used her cleanser. WELL, like I said, he was somewhat odd and we didn't go out again, but he wrote IN HIS PROFILE "I went out with this woman and her skin was beautiful, she used Cindy Crawford cleanser!

Arrgh!

This is another product that I buy on ebay to offset the price. HG for me despite the date. Weirdly, this is the only product of the line that worked for me-the moisturizers dried me out.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 2:05:00 PM More reviews by AandEmama

Great cleanser. Bottle cracked when I squeezed it (but I guess I shouldn't have since cleanser comes out by gravity!) The blackheads are rolling out of my face since using this line. WOW!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Sneewittchen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice cleanser; I agree with many people here who say that this also acts as a great toner, leaving a terrific finish on the skin after rinsing off. It also removes makeup very well.

I have to give this an average rating, however, because of one fatal flaw. After 5 months, this cleanser begins to smell like old plastic, or some other kind of chemical smell.

As a result, I am going to switch back to Mary Kay's Creamy Cleanser. I know I can trust its quality. It removes makeup just as well, if not better, and the product ages extremely well. I've had a bottle for two years and its quality had not diminished.