July 25, 2014 | 1154 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, this is no different to any other mineral powder out there. In fact, I'd say it's sub-par compared to a brand like Lily Lolo or even Bare Minerals which don't look anywhere near as patchy on my skin. Don't get sucked in by all the glowing reviews here - they're obviously written by people who work for the company since this is the only product they've all left reviews for! (Why do these employees never learn?)

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Janedela

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST. MINERAL. POWDER. EVER. I'm a huge makeup junkie and I've tried almost every kind of foundation out there. I used to use liquid before, but I found that most of them oxidize and turn orangy.. And never really match my skin tone. Eventually I tried bare minerals powder but I found that it stuck to my dry spots and didn't stay on my face all day. This year, I tried sheer cover and honestly it's my holiest of holy grails!!!!! This foundation really works with the natural oils of your skin, so it stays on all day and looks natural. It also matches my skin tone perfectly.. No more orange tinge! I also love the fact that It's super easy to blend and has full coverage. I don't have any acne, but my face is blotchy, dry in some areas and a bit oily in my t-zone and this foundation works wonders in making my skin tone even/not cakey or drying. I would definitely recommend using the "smoothing primer" from proactiv after moisturizing and before applying the powder, because it gives that extra smooth base. Overall the best foundation I have ever used, I'll never go back to a liquid or use any other powder, EVER! By the way, I would suggest buying it from the proactiv kiosks instead of ordering it online, to prevent continuous autoshipping. Every proactiv kiosk has sheer cover! BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by khushiraj546

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a very oily skin which tends to get affected with acne and pimples when I use any chemical based make up products. This is the reason I always use natural make up products. I had heard a lot about Sheer Cover and the amazing make up products it offers. So, I checked out Sheer Covers online store and browsed through the variety of products they have listed. I found that mineral make up was ideal for my needs and so I ordered this product from their site. Apart from the fact that it is fully natural make up, it was also priced at a very affordable rate. I found this quite surprising as I though that such natural products are very expensive. They delivered my mineral make up kit in some days at my doorstep. They had nicely packed the product in a tamper-proof pack which didnt get damaged during transportation. It has been a few months since I started applying Sheer Cover mineral make up which gives me the perfect complexion. The fact that it has natural ingredients make it safe to use. I love mineral make up and I will soon be trying out Sheer Covers other products as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by zurbaby

Ive had this for quite a while now. I use a sigma powder brush to apply it. And I need lots of coverage. But this covers all my acne marks, discoloration, hyper pigmentation EFFORTLESSLY. Love it soo much. It blends in my skin so well, almost like if it melted. Got so much complement on it. And it lasts for a long time too! Very happy with this product.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:48:00 AM More reviews by kajalsharma12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a fair complexion and acne prone skin due to which I take utmost care when purchasing any kind of Make up products. I always get reddish marks on my face when I have to go into bright sunlight. This makes my skin look blotchy and full of spots. Since I have a sensitive skin, I cant use any make up with chemicals. This is the reason that I was searching for natural make up which would be suitable for my skin. One of my friends had told me that the Sheer Cover mineral make up is very good even for sensitive skin. So, I visited their website and found that they had provided the mineral make up at a very affordable price. I ordered this product on Sheer Cover online store and it was delivered to me in hardly any days. Since the time I have started using Sheer Covers mineral make up, I have been able to hide all the reddish marks without causing any itchiness. I really like this mineral make up which is quite light on the skin and yet hides all the blemishes perfectly. Well done Sheer Cover. Hope to get more such products.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THIS HAS GREAT COVERAGE.. BUT NOT THAT GREAT FOR OILY SKIN. I LIKE SHEER COVER, BUT I DONT LOVE IT..

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by srhmoore1

I absolutley love sheer cover ! I couldnt believe how amazing itmade me look. The mascara with extending fibers was awesomme. I have alot of brown pigmintation thatthis camaflauged really well. The trick is blending the conceler really well and not putting too mich powder on. The bronzer looked good and i didnt need blush. Also the highlighter drws the eye away from problem areas on my cheeks. It is not a miracle product for me but a huge improvment. I have combonation skin with mpild acne and it really helps. My skin is sensitive too and I had zero probs.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by maraunmpiphi

I first tried Sheer Cover about 7 years ago, and I really liked it, but stopped using it primarily because I didn't like the automatic monthly shipments because when I would try to change the content of my order, it never worked, and they kept sending me my previous order, which annoyed me. Also, I am a very loyal user of a particular makeup brand, and when that company started offering a mineral powder foundation, I started using theirs. I did not like it nearly as much as Sheer Cover. I am 45 years old, fair-skinned with freckles and a lot of "splotchiness." I need good coverage. But, my fave brand's version of mineral powder foundation did not last the way Sheer Cover did. I started to think that a "woman of my age" needed liquid foundation, so I switched back to that, but I have very sensitive eyes that are easily-irritated and whenever I wore liquid foundation, my eyes would water incessantly and all of my eye makeup would disappear by noon. As a fair-haired woman with blonde eyelashes, eye makeup is critical! I do not have this problem when I use mineral powder foundation, plus it is so much easier to apply! My biggest dislike about liquid foundation is that it doesn't matter if you use your fingers or a sponge to apply it, about half of it gets washed down the drain. I have tried 3 other brands of mineral powder foundation, but none of them worked as well as Sheer Cover, so I went back to their website to order a kit, and I will try harder to customize the monthly order to better suit my needs (don't need their other products, just the foundation and maybe the concealer and primer.) I do like their other products, especially the eye shadows and lip glosses because they come in subtle, neutral colors which are age-appropriate for me, I just don't need to receive them every month. The automatic monthly shipments are the only drawback, so I am hoping the customization option will work better than it did for me previously. Also, their makeup brushes are really good quality and last forever. I still use the ones I bought 7 years ago, because you can clean them without half the bristles falling out!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by selenium89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product didn't really impress me. Despite using a good moisturiser and primer underneath it looked really cakey on me. Usually powders don't work very well with my dry skin, however, I haven't experienced the same problem with my Nude by Nature loose powder.
Won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

No review but caveat re the 3 reviews below, they're fake. Either no other reviews or just another for Proactive. Similar language, yet dissimilar to language used in every day casual speaking. Read em' and see if your bs meter doesn't go ding, ding, ding!

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No