Sheer Cover Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

3.0

2011 Reformulation: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12.00%. Inactive Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 6/15/2014 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product is definitely my holy grail.

I have dry and sensitive skin so it is hard to find a foundation that sits well without looking cakey/cling to dry areas or one that won't react with my skin...

Having been through TONS of high end and drug store foundations- making me super aware of all the possible pros and cons of different products, i have finally found the one that satisfies me, making me finally feel confident about my skin. This foundation can give the sheerest coverage to the fullest and in my opinion, leaving a flawless finish.

Another pro of this product is that it doesn't stick to blemishes. It gently evens them out- whether it's a scar or a hormonal breakout, or acne. I'm not claiming this product can cover my blemishes, but i am saying that if i don't fancy wearing my concealer then this product has the ability to even my complexion out making me look healthy and fresh. It's also actually amazing for dark circles?! It just evens your complexion out so subtly but beautifully- and you can't feel it on your skin! Which i LOVE.

Pairing this foundation with the conceal and brighten trio, i can achieve flawless skin! Never EVER would i have thought that i could say that! Having eczema left areas of my face with hyper-pigmentation but this product evens it out making it look naturally even.

I am glad i found this product.

Overall, if you're struggling finding a foundation as you have one of a dry skin, sensitive skin, eczema prone skin, blemish prone skin, redness, hyper-pigmentation, dark circles, melasma, rosacea or multiple of these issues- and you are contemplating buying this foundation; do it.

One pot has lasted me a long time too, so you get your moneys worth. HOWEVER, if you are thinking of buying this, i would actually recommend buying the Introductory VIP Kit as it's more affordable and you get 7 products (of a smaller size) for not even £10 more. (£21.95 for the actual foundation, £29.99 for the Introductory VIP Kit.) You can test it out, see if it works for you. Then decide if you want to buy another kit (they do a selection i think) or buy the foundation or concealer. Just so glad i found it. Feel so much happier!

on 5/29/2014 8:20:00 PM

SKIN REVIEW: So I have acne-prone skin and previous scarring from old acne and in all honesty, this product does wonders for me. My friends and family tell me my "skin is getting better" but its not because of the cleansers I am using (trust me -.-"),it is sheer cover covering up what I had/have. It is light weight, covers blemishes/redness/[most] scars REALLY well, helps the skin have that 'glow-effect' (particularly after I apply the bronzer), fragrance-free, and it does last nearly all day. However, if you have oily skin, sheer cover will only hold off the 'shine' for so long until your face gets shiny again (personal experience) - but still, it is better than any other foundation, powder, or concealer I used. It is SO important you apply the makeup properly! I can't stress this enough.. if you just do it carelessly, you are wasting your time and money. Use their tutorials/ the book they send you to your advantage!

COMPANY REVIEW: There was a comment here that mentioned the 'deceitfulness' of the company and I must admit I would have to agree with that person. Initially, your package is about $35.00 (it's to lure you in!) Than suddenly they sent me a package 2-3 months later with a bunch of products I never signed up for, and I was expected to pay $116.00 (in 3 payments)...Lucky for those jerks I loved their product and still do. To avoid this I suggest once you get the product, you call their company (and either cancel your membership with them if you not satisfied with the product OR if you are (like moi!) you customize your kit, tell them when you want it by, and double check with price and make everything clear.On the brighter side, the customer service was really nice to me!).

Besides their deceitful ways, the product is in fact wonderful. Considering I got a little jipped by them I still use the product!

Hope this helped! xoxo

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

this product is a sham i bought it at bed bath and beyond it made existing breakouts worse
it clogged my pores coverage was horrible i got 3 shades no matter how i blended 2 and experimented none matched my skin tone and it made it look cakey so it did not look natural on my skin i looked up the ingredients its not natural whats so ever i hated the texture t lepton my skin when i was wearing it i will never buy anything off as seen on tv

on 4/8/2014 12:51:00 PM

I got lucky and found a jar of this stuff sealed and in my color at the thrift store for .99 cents! I figured I'd give it a try. I am obsessed with it! The coverage is perfect as is the color, I have a lot of yellow undertones and it's so hard for me to find a makeup that is yellow enough, most are too pink. I use a sigma F80 flat top brush to buff the powder in. I find that if your skin is a little on the combo/oily side it will work best. If you have dry skin I think you may get a more patchy un-natural look. I only use this in the summer when my skin is more oily and as the day goes on it only seems to look better, going from a more powder to almost a cream/liquid look. It gives me a very natural, my-skin-but-better look. I would definitely purchase this at the full price when I run out. I use to use MAC fix+ powder, which I still love, but it so bad for your skin so I stopped using it. I haven't tried bare minerals yet, but I I love sheer cover so much that I'm not interested in trying anything else.

on 4/7/2014 9:36:00 AM

SCAM SCAM SCAM- purchased makeup over the phone for 39.99, was no mention of it being a 3 month supply initially being sent. now wont cancel until I pay another $80.

If youre honest that's one thing but if you don't tell people up front what your charging and sending, its deceit, i.e. a SCAM

on 3/16/2014 3:43:00 PM

OK, first off, I do not work for Sheercover. I am just a normal 46 year old woman who has in my 30+ years of wearing make up done the leg work when it comes to trying many types of foundation and spending from a few quid on foundation right up to the hundred quid mark. I like this stuff, I have been using it on and off for the past 10 years. I am not loyal to any one brand in particular, but I seem to find myself coming back to this over and over again. As you age your skin changes and you can no longer wear the same foundation that maybe you once used in your teens or twenties or maybe even thirties! This stuff suits my skin at this stage in life, maybe that will change. I get good coverage, not too heavy or cakey looking which is always my biggest fear, esp in daylight. This passes that test although you do have to use their moisturizer with it and it's over priced in my opinion. It is quick and easy to apply and is buildable. I always set mine with a mineral spray mist to take the powder look off quicker as well. All in all I give this 4 lippies, mainly because of the price. I have also tried Bare Minerals and I find Sheercover to be the superior product. I love mineral foundation or baked foundation, Laura Geller does fab baked foundation. I have not used a liquid foundation in 10 years, I recommend a mineral powder.

on 2/25/2014 5:15:00 PM

Sucha rip off! the intro package is 39.99 but futre shipment will be $43.95 X3 for 1 month supply. it is so average ..dont buy into ths scam and dollar store makeup!

on 2/20/2014 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Honestly for anybody who is not blessed with a skin like mine this makeup kit is a blessing is disguise. I been a fan of sheer cover for ever since I remember. After i exhausted my previous kit which lasted me approximately for two year, Ive got myself this new kit that is even better. What I love the most about the set is that it is wholesome. You don’t need to buy anything else once you have this set. You get everything in this set from mineral powder to concealer, to concealer brush to brushes to moisturiser and SPF and if that wasnt enough a DVD to guide you better. Then to top it all it comes in a slick bag that is convenient and fun to carry around. The reason, Ive always trusted Sheer Cover is because of the quality assurance that comes with it. In my 30 plus years of using make up this has been the best thing that has happened to me. Most concealers or powders have a tendency to get really sticky and feel all gooey over the skin. You can literally feel your pores getting choked inside the skin. Sheer Cover probably because its made using only natural ingredients dont cake on your face at all. They blend in with the skin like it is a part of it. And the results. I dont need to say more about it, the fact Ive used it for so long I dont need to explain just how I feel about it. I would also like to add that Ive also interacted with the customer service of Sheer Cover fro enquiry reasons and I simply loved the way they presented themselves, so thumbs up to that as well!

on 2/4/2014 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Honestly, this is no different to any other mineral powder out there. In fact, I'd say it's sub-par compared to a brand like Lily Lolo or even Bare Minerals which don't look anywhere near as patchy on my skin. Don't get sucked in by all the glowing reviews here - they're obviously written by people who work for the company since this is the only product they've all left reviews for! (Why do these employees never learn?)

on 12/30/2013 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

BEST. MINERAL. POWDER. EVER. I'm a huge makeup junkie and I've tried almost every kind of foundation out there. I used to use liquid before, but I found that most of them oxidize and turn orangy.. And never really match my skin tone. Eventually I tried bare minerals powder but I found that it stuck to my dry spots and didn't stay on my face all day. This year, I tried sheer cover and honestly it's my holiest of holy grails!!!!! This foundation really works with the natural oils of your skin, so it stays on all day and looks natural. It also matches my skin tone perfectly.. No more orange tinge! I also love the fact that It's super easy to blend and has full coverage. I don't have any acne, but my face is blotchy, dry in some areas and a bit oily in my t-zone and this foundation works wonders in making my skin tone even/not cakey or drying. I would definitely recommend using the "smoothing primer" from proactiv after moisturizing and before applying the powder, because it gives that extra smooth base. Overall the best foundation I have ever used, I'll never go back to a liquid or use any other powder, EVER! By the way, I would suggest buying it from the proactiv kiosks instead of ordering it online, to prevent continuous autoshipping. Every proactiv kiosk has sheer cover! BUY IT.