September 30, 2014 | 1299 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Boots - No7 Soft and Sheer Tinted Moisturiser

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by MyNameIsHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Delivers what it promises. Not much shine at the end of the day, light coverage, smooth texture, and hydrating, I love that the medium is a good colour match, and that it has SPF15. Will repurchase if I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by BeautyBoy88

I am a big fan of tinted moisturizers and their modern counterpart, BB creams. This is my favorite tinted moisturizer under $15. I grab this for about $12 at my local Target.

This can feel a bit heavy if you use it in addition to your regular moisturizers. It works just fine over an oil free moisturizer. I use Kiehl's Facial Fuel and swear by it. I also wouldn't recommend this for anyone who is extremely oily.

I have combination skin with slight oil in my t zone. I like how this glides on smooth, leaving your skin soft, and covering up minor imperfections from breakouts or lack of sleep. Brightens up my skin when it's looking dull in the winter. Bonus points to this product for including a mineral based sunscreen.

It blends into my fair skin perfectly and the price is right. It's a nice purchase to get you through those months when you need to tighten your budget up a bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by jess31570

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Trying this out, new to tinted moisturizers, new to Boots. The Boots sales guy got me as I was walking around with Sonia Kashuk TM in my hands.

I am liking it. If there was a maybe for 'buy again', I might have clicked that. Ideally I would like to have mattifier built in, but I don't think this product makes me look any more or less oily than anything else after 6 hours, and I've used Murad mattifier with UD De-Slick under this and under UD Naked Skin foundation.

It does a great job of evening out and making skin look velvety but natural and fresh. I would use it for summer daytime / easy travel, but I would still need my oil blotting papers and mattifying pressed powder.

The price is ok and can beat some drugstore BB's by a couple of bucks.

I have the light and it blends into my medium-light tan ruddy skin very well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Paisleyann

I have this in fair which is a decent match for my fair-medium nc25 skin tone. I love that it is primarily a mineral sunscreen but it just feels so heavy (most mineral sunscreens do though). It just didn't impress me. It has a fair amount of coverage for a tinted moisturizer so its ok there. It doesn't have a strong scent, it didn't look bad (but didn't look great either)
It's just there. Like a parked car. I'll pass next time.

Made in France
Does not test on animals
Owned by big Corp- Alliance Boots with private equity firm KKR

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by ccarlino

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Just purchased the No 7 Boots TM in Fair and the color blended nicely with my cool skin tone. It also applies smoothly onto my mature, normal to dry skin leaving a soft finish with very light coverage. I emphasize that this product is definitely for those who have dry skin -- so if you are oily, avoid and try the Stilla TM.

Update 9/4/12: I have dry skin and I think this product may be slightly clogging my pores and causing bumps on my mature skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a good tinted moisturiser when my Clinique one was just too dark for my skintone. I picked this up for $7 (on sale) at my local drugstore hoping it would be my new HG for the summer. I love the coverage - its light but covers up my imperfections and evened out my skintone. It also felt light on my skin and blended fairly well so I had high hopes! By mid day (applying it at 7:30AM) my face was a total greaseball - shiny and oily. By mid evening the product looked like it completely vanished from my face (and it must have because when I removed my makeup off at night the cleansing wipe had no visible signs of foundation).

After a few days of wearing it I started to break out around my chin & forehead into these huge painful pimples. I tried applying it with a brush thinking it was the oil from my fingers causing my breakouts but the same thing happened. I went back to my regular Revlon Colourstay foundation and my face completely cleared up within a week.

I guess its time for me to try something else. If anyone has any suggestions for a tinted moisturiser for oily skin please send a message to my inbox! I definitely won't repurchase this product again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 12:35:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I do enjoy this tinted moisturizer. I use it for those days when I really don't have a lot to cover, and I am not doing anything special. I apply this with my real technique's stippling brush, then set it with my Neutrogena Mineral Sheers foundation (these two products look really nice together). However, It doesn't provide the coverage I need. I was hoping for more of a "light" coverage, but this is (as it claims to be, so I guess I shouldn't complain) a "sheer" coverage TM. I still like it though, because its light and makes my skin feel so soft! PLUS it has SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by kleinr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first review after reading reviews for years. More over 50 women need to be represented so here I am. Since Paula B. recommended it, I thought I'd give it a try and I didn't hate it. It was almost ok but I realize I need more coverage at this stage in my life. It looks nice when first on, but doesn't last. The coverage is very light so if you are young and have nice skin on the dry side I say try it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by nmc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oof. Not a fan of this. I normally wear foundation, but wanted to start wearing less makeup and do the "less is more" approach. I started by switching over to a tinted moisturizer. This is my very first one I tried. The packaging is actually nice. Nothing fancy by any means, but it's a squeeze bottle, easy peasy. Works for me just fine. I got this TM in Medium and the color seemed to work and blend perfectly for me. I applied over a primer and it went on pretty nicely. I noticed immediately that it felt a little heavy but I didn't reallly feel too bothered by it. I put on a little cream blush and was off to work. By 10:00 I still had that heavy feeling, but noticed that most of it had worn off but I had orange blotches sporactically around my hairline and on my cheeks. Very random and weird. And it looked awful. I tried to fix it and clean it up as best I could at work, but honestly, my face looked really bad for the rest of the day. I couldn't wait to wash it off. When it's first applied, it looks pretty nice. Not a lot of coverage but evens things out a little bit. Over time, it just does not look very good. (At least for me, it didn't.) I hate to give anything a bad review, honestly, but this just was a waste of money for me. Not recommended, unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Annebellum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have dry, sensitive skin and although I don't have acne-prone skin (I get the occasional pimple here and there), I wanted to start using tinted moisturizers instead of foundation because they're supposed to be less likely to cause breakouts. I love Boots products and I really like this one, but I can't give it more than three stars because it broke me out. I've been using it for a little over a month and like I said, I usually don't have a big problem with acne. It wasn't immediate, but within a couple weeks I noticed I was getting an unusual amount of pimples here and there. This is the only new product I've been using lately so I'm going to stop use and hopefully that will clear me up.
But, aside from breaking out, I really like this product. It provides light coverage that I love. It doesn't cover me up so much that it evens out my skin tone. The SPF is a plus as well. There's no bad smell and it moisturizes nicely, but for someone like me with dry skin you really should use a regular moisturizer beforehand because, like any foundation, this stuff with accentuate dry skin. I find that if there's a spot where my dry skin managed to pass both lines of moisturizer, a little bit of my finishing powder blends it very nicely. Also, this stuff does tend to wipe off easily until it sets properly. I speed things up by setting it with my finishing powder. Lasts for awhile without needing any touchups. I do notice a little shine in my T-zone after a few hours if I wear this stuff without my finishing powder.
I checked the ingredients and noticed Methylparaben and mineral oil, both have been known to cause acne. While I wish I had checked the ingredients beforehand, I don't regret buying it and will keep this product. I'll probably just use is less.
Keep in mind as well that there are only two shades of this stuff, fair and medium.