April 17, 2014 | 1496 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite soap! I love that they make this in travel sizes which is wonderful! The packaging is also a riot to read. I'm not sure about the philosophy of Dr. Bronner but he makes a great soap! I use it in the summer time for a refreshing facial cleanser and body wash. I've heard you can use this as a hair wash but haven't tried it yet. It's also really nice to add to the bath. I have really sensitive skin and Dr. Bronner's Castile soaps have never irritated my skin. Be cautious when using these liquid soaps! They are VERY WATERY and HIGHLY CONCENTRATED! Seriously, a couple of drops is all you need for a velvety lather. I've even used these liquid soaps as a laundry detergent when hand-washing delicates and sweaters. I LOVE the lavender scent, it's such a relaxing scent that really lifts the spirit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

I do not use this soap for personal use i.e., shampoo, shower gel, etc. as it is way too drying for my body or hair, however, I use the lavender liquid soap as a household cleaner and I absolutely love it!!! Hands down, this is the BEST cleaner in the world and it can tackle the grimmiest of all filthy jobs! I use this to scrub my bathrooms and kitchen. I use it to mop floors. It's great as a laundry detergent. The only two things that I really don't use it on is mirrors or to dust my wood furniture! But I sure use to clean all the woodwork in my home i.e., banisters, moldings, etc . It has a very nice, non-chemical scent and smells well, just like lavender. No artificial colors, nasty chemical additives, etc. in this product. I buy a very big bottle of this at my local grocer for $9.99 and this lasts forever, because you only need a small squirt for most cleaning jobs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by pandemonia2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I've used the lavender and the tea-tree liquid soap and also the tea tree hard soap. They are all equally great for my spot-prone skin. I use it all over my body and it cleans really well without giving me any bad reactions or drying out my skin. The HG soap for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Bronner's but I found that I had a bad reaction to this particular one (lavender). Even with dilution it made my skin extremely dry and I felt a slight burning.

That being said I have very oily/acne prone skin and love the tea tee oil one which is odd because you would think that the tea tree would be more harsh for the skin.

I will still use the lavender to add to my bath water or for cleaning my sink/bathtub (does an awesome job at this) but I won't use it when applied directly to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lavender is another favorite dr b's scent, along with citrus and almond. Use it for shower, mopping floors, hand soap, cleaning surfaces. A little goes a looooong way, because it's so concentrated and needs to be diluted with plenty of water, as all dr bronners do.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

This is easily one of the best purchases I have ever made. Not only is this great as an all-purpose household cleanser (diluted in a spray bottle with water), it's gentle enough that I use it to clean my makeup brushes and to clean my face. At best, most cleansers I've used have done nothing to my face. This actually seems to help it. A few drops of this with some warm water ensure a thorough cleansing, which I do twice a day. I follow this up with Thayer's witch hazel and rose petal toner. Ever since then, my skin has finally cleared up, and my skintone has evened out dramatically, to the point where I hardly feel the need to wear my tinted moisturizer.

The smell of this soap can be a little strong, but I love the smell of lavender, so it's very refreshing to me. If used for washing your face, this can be drying on its own, so you must follow up with some form of moisturizer.

I've been using a travel-size bottle of this stuff for several months now. I carry it around in my bag frequently, and it's gotten tossed around a fair amount among all of my junk in there. The cap has never come loose, and in fact closes with a satisfying pop that reassures me the bottle is shut securely.

The travel-sized bottle I have (two ounces) has been used for several months now--at least half a year--and it's only half depleted. For as much as you get for the cost, this is a great deal, and when I eventually run out, I'll definitely repurchase, albeit a larger bottle. I'm glad to have found a more natural household cleaner without tons of chemicals in it, and I'm glad to have found a great face cleanser as well. I never thought I would be able to use one product for both of those uses though!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I consider this my HG makeup brush cleaner, as you only need a couple of drops to clean the brushes. I sometimes put a few drops in the bath when I want to relax at the end of the day, and my skin smells so nice when I get out. As you don't need to use a lot of this soap, one bottle lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I think if you have sensitive skin, this is not the product for washing face. You give a trial washing for a few weeks though to see if it works for you. Initially it work great for my skin, although i do find it drying but with my cream moisturizer it is fine. I have been using that for months with occasional breakout, mostly during the time my period is near. But with this lavender liquid soap and the moisturizer, it causes slight rashes like on my forehead, my nose and alittle on my cheek, which has never happen before with my previous facial cleanser and the moisturizer, hence the 2 lippies. I put that i will repurchase is due to using this to wash my cosmetic brushes. I haven't try that but i heard rave for it, hopefully it won't disappoint me and i will change the buying product again to no if it doesn't live up to expectation. I wouldn't suggest using this for hair though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by 2kalanis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first I was skeptic about using this product because of the oils. I broke out horribly with EVOO and it really messed up my hair... Leaving my hair feeling straw-like. But after doing research and reading reviews here on MUA my curiosity got the best of me and surprisingly I am extremely glad that it did!! I use it on almost everything from my hair to cleaning my oven. And it WORKS like u would not believe!!

I use the lavender liquid soap and it is unreal!! I mix it in a small spray bottle (which lasts forever) just enough to coat the bottom then mix the rest with water. This way it doesn't dry out my hair, face, body. I have extremely long, thick, wavy hair ( I am Japanese, Caucasian, Polynesian) down to my waist but I only wash my scalp area and then finish with a ACV conditioner rinse. It really cleans, softens and tames my waves a lot! I could tell just after using it the first time and it's been a couple months now and my family could see and feel the difference. After showering I moisturize with Nivea lotion mixed with a little bit of castor oil shaken in the bottle and my skin is super soft and it feels really clean, not dry. And to moisturize my face I do a honey/turmeric/cinnamon mask for an hour followed by a AVC toner and my face hasn't broke out in almost two months and it feels smoother and I am a lot happier! This product is IMO my HG all-in-1. I also use that same spray bottle to clean my shower, my kitchen, my puppy, my floors, my kitchen appliances,/counters, bathroom, fruits and veggies, garden plants (keeps the bugs away), my cars, you pretty much get the idea. I need to invest in more spray bottles instead of carrying just one everywhere ;) Thank you MUA and Dr. Bronner's!!! Not to mention it's a great way to go green and its inexpensive considering what you can do with this and how a little bit goes a long way which makes this even better!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by elbowgrease

I've had problem skin ever since hitting puberty, and that was over ten years ago! It's been acne prone in the T-zone, and since I've gotten older (and on and off the pill) my chronic low-level white-spots and acne have worsened. I think it has been exacerbated by the cleansers I've been using (I've run the gamut through Neutrogena, Clearasil, Clean and Clear, and topical creams such as proscribed antibiotics with benzoyl peroxide, though nothing harsher than that, because my acne is probably moderate and hormonal, not severe).

The acne isn't helped by the fact that I have wavy hair and an itchy scalp that has also proven to be scaly and simultaneously oily through the years. It has been a problem that I've just learned to deal with through the years, and I figured that once I get older it would get better. It's better now: it has only been nearly gone two times in my life: the first when I had been on birth control (ortho-tri lo) for several months, and the second when I started using Dr. Bronner's lavender soap as a face wash two or three weeks ago. I picked it up at Target, having read about it in a magazine (Real Simple) a while ago and wanting to give it a try, hoping this time something would change.

It only takes three drops, diluted in water, to get makeup, grease, dirt, and all that accumulated regret from the day off my face. I use it day and night, and moisturize regularly afterward. Except for missing a couple of exhausted evenings, my skin has been much, much better. It hasn't really cleared my skin, so much as prevented new blackheads from sprouting up.

It lathers beautifully, feels comfortable, and smells fresh (I actually disliked the lavender scent a little at first, but decided not to go with tea-tree oil because I have tea-tree oil at home and figured I might as well not try it yet another time).

The thing that really gets me about this product, as compared with other products I've used, is that there's something about the all-natural ingredients that soothes my skin. It no longer gets incredibly oily throughout the day, especially in my T-zone. I'm frankly amazed when, almost through with the day, I catch my reflection in the bathroom and notice no redness or shine on my face. My face feels a little tight after washing, but it has felt that way often; a gentle moisturizer (Clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel or the heavier, SPF 20 Clinique even better moisturizer) solves that immediately and my pores don't go into overproduction to try to make up for the lost moisture.

And you can use it for everything from washing brushes to ceramics to dishwashing to laundry.

The only thing this thing doesn't do is exfoliate. Combined with sufficient sleep, loads of water, and washing my pillowcases every two weeks, I think this can really put my skin issues in the past.