July 25, 2014 | 1964 users online

Skincare - Body - Dr. Bronner's - Lavender Liquid Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by gypcc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite of Dr. Bronners the scent is gorgeous and it's such a great product. Add a little sugar and you've got a great scrub that's gentle enough for your face...I use it in the shower, I use the peppermint when I've got a cold and you can use it on every surface... diluted it's a great surface cleaner (put it in an old spray bottle), can use it in the laundry, it's a great stain remover and I've started to use it on my face since my favorite cleanser has been discontinued (why does that always happen to me). Everything I've been trying has broken me out... except this. A very little goes a looooong way & if I need a lil exfoliation I add some sugar or baking soda and I've got a face scrub. The first time I used it I felt a lil dry afterwards so I added a lil vitamin e oil to a small container and that's what I use now... I have basically found my new facial cleanser... no breakouts and its ridiculously cheaper than the La Roche Posay Bio Med cleanser that I loved... sigh.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

what can't one use these castile soaps for??? I use them for:

hair, body, shaving
cleaning makeup brushes
cleaning artist's brushes
spot cleaning carpet
cleaning the bird cage
a tablesoon in a small spray bottle of water to spray houseplants to rid them of aphids, spider mites, etc
and many more!

The hot washcloth mask (instructions on bottle) is pretty awesome in the shower but I don't do it too often, as excessively hot or cold water can cause those broken blood vessels - but it's nice occasionally, and the lavender scent is very relaxing. I like the purity of this soap. The bars are nice too. The only con is that this soap is not all that luxurious to use - it has a very low lather. It doesn't strip or dry my skin, but it's not moisturizing either. It's just a good basic REAL soap with no animal fat in it...always a plus for me!

Not all that cheap, but a bottle lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by rainydays1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my favorite soap! I love that they make this in travel sizes which is wonderful! The packaging is also a riot to read. I'm not sure about the philosophy of Dr. Bronner but he makes a great soap! I use it in the summer time for a refreshing facial cleanser and body wash. I've heard you can use this as a hair wash but haven't tried it yet. It's also really nice to add to the bath. I have really sensitive skin and Dr. Bronner's Castile soaps have never irritated my skin. Be cautious when using these liquid soaps! They are VERY WATERY and HIGHLY CONCENTRATED! Seriously, a couple of drops is all you need for a velvety lather. I've even used these liquid soaps as a laundry detergent when hand-washing delicates and sweaters. I LOVE the lavender scent, it's such a relaxing scent that really lifts the spirit!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by snoopy68

I do not use this soap for personal use i.e., shampoo, shower gel, etc. as it is way too drying for my body or hair, however, I use the lavender liquid soap as a household cleaner and I absolutely love it!!! Hands down, this is the BEST cleaner in the world and it can tackle the grimmiest of all filthy jobs! I use this to scrub my bathrooms and kitchen. I use it to mop floors. It's great as a laundry detergent. The only two things that I really don't use it on is mirrors or to dust my wood furniture! But I sure use to clean all the woodwork in my home i.e., banisters, moldings, etc . It has a very nice, non-chemical scent and smells well, just like lavender. No artificial colors, nasty chemical additives, etc. in this product. I buy a very big bottle of this at my local grocer for $9.99 and this lasts forever, because you only need a small squirt for most cleaning jobs.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by pandemonia2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I've used the lavender and the tea-tree liquid soap and also the tea tree hard soap. They are all equally great for my spot-prone skin. I use it all over my body and it cleans really well without giving me any bad reactions or drying out my skin. The HG soap for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Mellieb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Don't get me wrong, I love Dr. Bronner's but I found that I had a bad reaction to this particular one (lavender). Even with dilution it made my skin extremely dry and I felt a slight burning.

That being said I have very oily/acne prone skin and love the tea tee oil one which is odd because you would think that the tea tree would be more harsh for the skin.

I will still use the lavender to add to my bath water or for cleaning my sink/bathtub (does an awesome job at this) but I won't use it when applied directly to the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lavender is another favorite dr b's scent, along with citrus and almond. Use it for shower, mopping floors, hand soap, cleaning surfaces. A little goes a looooong way, because it's so concentrated and needs to be diluted with plenty of water, as all dr bronners do.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by gummiibears

This is easily one of the best purchases I have ever made. Not only is this great as an all-purpose household cleanser (diluted in a spray bottle with water), it's gentle enough that I use it to clean my makeup brushes and to clean my face. At best, most cleansers I've used have done nothing to my face. This actually seems to help it. A few drops of this with some warm water ensure a thorough cleansing, which I do twice a day. I follow this up with Thayer's witch hazel and rose petal toner. Ever since then, my skin has finally cleared up, and my skintone has evened out dramatically, to the point where I hardly feel the need to wear my tinted moisturizer.

The smell of this soap can be a little strong, but I love the smell of lavender, so it's very refreshing to me. If used for washing your face, this can be drying on its own, so you must follow up with some form of moisturizer.

I've been using a travel-size bottle of this stuff for several months now. I carry it around in my bag frequently, and it's gotten tossed around a fair amount among all of my junk in there. The cap has never come loose, and in fact closes with a satisfying pop that reassures me the bottle is shut securely.

The travel-sized bottle I have (two ounces) has been used for several months now--at least half a year--and it's only half depleted. For as much as you get for the cost, this is a great deal, and when I eventually run out, I'll definitely repurchase, albeit a larger bottle. I'm glad to have found a more natural household cleaner without tons of chemicals in it, and I'm glad to have found a great face cleanser as well. I never thought I would be able to use one product for both of those uses though!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I consider this my HG makeup brush cleaner, as you only need a couple of drops to clean the brushes. I sometimes put a few drops in the bath when I want to relax at the end of the day, and my skin smells so nice when I get out. As you don't need to use a lot of this soap, one bottle lasts a long time.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I think if you have sensitive skin, this is not the product for washing face. You give a trial washing for a few weeks though to see if it works for you. Initially it work great for my skin, although i do find it drying but with my cream moisturizer it is fine. I have been using that for months with occasional breakout, mostly during the time my period is near. But with this lavender liquid soap and the moisturizer, it causes slight rashes like on my forehead, my nose and alittle on my cheek, which has never happen before with my previous facial cleanser and the moisturizer, hence the 2 lippies. I put that i will repurchase is due to using this to wash my cosmetic brushes. I haven't try that but i heard rave for it, hopefully it won't disappoint me and i will change the buying product again to no if it doesn't live up to expectation. I wouldn't suggest using this for hair though.