March 1, 2015 | 1249 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by suzi2qs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I received 2 sample packets of this from Sephora - good for about 3 washings. This did not do a very good job removing my makeup and I found the scent horribly offensive. Perhaps this works for others, but even if it made my skin clean and luminous, I don't think I could get past the scent. Will stick with Neutrogena Fresh Foaming cleanser and save some cash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very mild and gentle face cleanser. It does a wonderful job removing makeup without irritating my eyes. Mild cucumber scent which is pleasant. Gel like consistency. Rinses easily without scrubing. Works great with my clarisonic. Did not irritate my skin nor cause breaks outs. I just prefer a more creamy consistency to my cleansers.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kponce007

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and this cleanser seemed like it would be great. It removed all my makeup at night and made my skin soft. It does smell a little weird but i got used to it. at first it seemed to make my skin look more calm but within a few days I had deep pimples growing. :( I haven't had ones like that in a long time so I know it must have been this cleanser. I'm very glad I only bought a small trial size.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by archt_marj14

I don't understand all the raves about this from the magazines--for me, this was just...okay. Nothing tremendously spectacular. I only use this at night, & it does a decent job at removing light makeup (I only usually wear powder, blush, lipstick & eyebrow pencil). If I wear more makeup (all of the above plus concealer, liquid foundation, eyeliner & eyeshadow), I use a KGD makeup wipe first & then follow up with this & my face is rid of all makeup traces. I don't really mind the cucumber smell & it's gentle enough that it doesn't sting my eyes but found that it doesn't really do anything to improve my complexion. It is expensive for a facial wash, but to be fair, you only really need to use very little & my tube still has a lot of product despite a couple of months' usage. I got it in Sephora Sg & this is not available locally, so I won't be repurchasing.
UPDATE: 1/17/2015
As I was finishing off the tube, I found that my skin's clarity and quality began to get better. I started missing the scent too and I realized that this is actually pretty good as a makeup remover. I've decided to add an extra star and I will repurchase the next time I go to a Sephora. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by canadian

For reference: NW/NC25, neutral to warm skin tone. Combination skin (slightly oily t-zone, dry cheeks), Sensitive, broken capillaries cheek area.

I have sensitive skin and have tried many cleansers that are for 'sensitive' skin. My application method is to wet face with lukewarm water, apply cleanser with clean hands, rinse/splash, use a cotton pad to remove traces. Follow up with a toner. I was starting to feel frustrated not finding something that wouldn't irritate my face.

At Sephora approximately a two months ago, one of the ladies suggested Fresh Soy Cleanser. She gave me two samples. After several days, even a week I experienced zero irritation, no reactions or break outs. I ended up purchasing the smaller size bottle.

Yes it does have a slight cucumber scent but nothing that irritates my face. After washing my face, it feels soft and not tight and dry. It's safe to use around the eyes and takes off some eye makeup. I need to use a eye makeup remover for heavy duty or waterproof eye makeup.

Overall very happy with this cleanser. I plan on repurchasing when I run out. It is costly but if it works with my sensitive skin it's worth every dollar.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Omg No. I have been using this for about three weeks and I have realized this is causing a strange "orange peel" look to my skin. Small bumps all over. Its not ostensibly irritating and doesn't make my skin feel stripped but there is some heavy duty film forming crapola in this stuff.
I really do hate this cleanser. I hate it because it cost me $22.00, because it's stinks and it's ruined my hard won good complexion. (not great but good) On top of that it does NOT remove makeup. I wear eyeliner, blush and concealer. Nothing water proof and only clear gel mascara. This cleanser cannot even remove cheap ole good as gold Bonne Belle eyeliner. As someone else stated thank god I only bought the tiny bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Assandra

I don't even know why I got it and I regret buying it because of the price. Other than that it removes my water proof makeup very well and it has a very pleasant smell that smells like cucumber but very light. I don't usually wear makeup so I use it with my clarisonic and it feels very soft and smooth afterwards.It is so gentle that it does not leave my skin dry and irrated since I do not nedd to rub hard to remove any of my makeup; my eyes do not get irrated as well and I can wash with my eyes open. I don't think that you will buy this as an anti-aging product since you only leave it on for 30 seconds and then you rinse it all so what difference will it make to your skin....I will buy this product if it only cost me around 30 something because I got it around 50 dollars...such a rip off. =.=

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by flyingwind66

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this as part of a set that included the Youth Preserve Face Cream, Lotus Eye Cream and the Rose Face Mask.

First, about the product. I feel like it has helped with some skin healing but I am still breaking out. I do not feel like it is breaking me out but I don't feel like it is preventing it either.

Everyone here talks about the smell... smells of products don't normally bother me but this stuff is horrendous. It seriously smells like rotting cucumbers... and it is an instant turn off whenever I use it.

The price is about what I expect from a beauty store cleanser and I like squeeze bottles... the only thing that would make it better is a pump bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by SakuraBlossom4

This is hands down my Holy Grail of a cleanser for my particular skin concerns; I have sensitive, oily and hormonal acne prone skin.
Fresh's Soy Cleanser is amazing, it is SO gentle but it also removes anything that I put onto my skin, and soothes my complexion every day. I use it morning and night, and I have been using this for 3 years now and I have never changed from it because of how amazing it is.
It cleanses deeply but also gently as it contains no soap ingredients which means it won't foam in your hands, it's texture is entirely gel and you only need a pea sized amount to cleanse your whole face.
It melts away even waterproof make up, and anything else you can imagine, but it doesn't irritate your skin.
I would however recommend getting an exfoliating sponge or brush of some kind as I find my skin has an easier time absorbing the moisture this cleanser offers when it's not all clogged with dead skin. As for the scent of this product, it has a mild cucumber scent that's soothing and pleasant.

If you suffer from acne, but also from sensitive skin, please give this a try; it might just save your skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by VleVine05

I first tried this face cleanser with a sample from Sephora. The instant I used it, I could tell my skin was happy, refreshed, and properly clean. After finishing up all three of the samples, my skin was clearing up, and it wasn't red and splotchy either. I had always been drawn to Fresh, whether it was their chic, natural packaging or how fancily priced their products were, but I never thought I would get hooked. I don't think I can ever go without it. It is the perfect cleanser and it will never leave my side. The issue I have with it is how expensive it is. I purchased the travel-size 1.7 fluid ounce size for $15. I am very sad about how much of my money was depleted and yet I would do it again and again because the results are spectacular. It gets off all of my makeup and keeps my skin balanced and moisturized. My skin feels clean but not stripped, which I love oh so much.