Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 4/8/2015 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I'm an oil and cetaphil girl myself, but take a small tube of this when traveling to save space and because it does a great job of removing make up and cleansing in one step. It doesn't foam up but instead is soft and emollient. My favourite part is the texture, which I'm inclined to describe as mucousy even though it doesn't sound appealing at all! It's viscous, smooth and runny all at the same time so spreads easily, feeling very luxurious to massage in for a minute. It does takes a few rinses to remove completely but not so stubborn that it needs a wash cloth. Leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight. It's gentle and effective.

on 4/7/2015 4:03:00 PM

My skin had always been dry and sensitive and gets oily extremely easily. I bought this in a set recommended to me at Sephora. First of all, my skin would not feel clean, washed, but not clean. I also noticed that whenever i use this cleanser, my skin would feel more oilier than usual. And here's the awful part, every time i use it, my face (especially the cheeks) will get red with bumps. Everything that came in the set, eye cream and moisturizer all does this too! (i used them individual and together, same result). It stays there too! I used it about five time, in different ways just to fully experience the products. Now my cheeks are always red (no need for blush now :P ). It was not worth the price, small and very liquidy. So many better cleanser's out there.

on 4/3/2015 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I wanted to love this cleanser as there were so many great reviews on Sephora. This didn't do anything for me. There's hardly any foam to it (my preference) and my skin did not feel clean after using this. I also felt that it didn't work so well with my Clarisonic as the consistency of the product is thin and runny and non-foamy(I like foam.)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I like the smell of this cleanser. I do think it does clean fairly well and doesn't strip my skin of moisture. But I do think it's expensive for a fairly average cleanser.

on 3/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

****For the price range, 1 lippie means a bad price, and 5 lippies means a great price.

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)

Overview: Is an extra-gentle gel cleanser for all skin that cleanses your skin as well as removing makeup. People saw more supple, smooth, softened, balanced, healthy-looking skin.

Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube.

Scent: Freshly cut cucumbers. Not the artificial cucumber scent, but ACTUAL freshly cut cucumbers. Very fresh, light and pleasant.

Texture: Comes out as a cloudy gel.

On Skin: When you rub it on, it does not feel like a gel, it turns into a liquidy, almost water like feeling to the skin. It is really refreshing. It lathers a tiny bit. After washing it off, I did see that my skin looked more radiant (an effect that lasts for a short amount of time) and it didn't strip my skin and make it dry.

Cleansing power: Honestly, it doesn't feel like its cleaning your skin very well. It doesn't remove makeup at all. I use this in the morning when all I need is a gentle cleanse to remove any oil or skincare residue left from when I was sleeping. It does a wonderful job at that.

Additional: It is really super, extra gentle. It doesn't sting, or make my skin red. It is really refreshing in the morning, so use it then, because it doesn't have enough cleansing power to remove the day's makeup and oils. It is really expensive, so get the 50 mL size that comes with a small Sugar lip balm during Christmas, because it is expensive. Don't worry though, it lasts quite a long time (you only need two pea sized drops and its only useful in the mornings).

Thanks for reading this review!

on 3/3/2015 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like to switch up facial cleansers, but my go to is usually Cetaphil. However, as I have gotten older, I have noticed that Cetaphil makes my skin tight and dry and red after use. I tried Fresh Soy Cleanser (paired with the Fresh Lotus Moisturizer). I like that it is not super foamy and in that way, similar to Cetaphil. It doesn't remove mascara very well, however, if you cleanse your face properly and massage the wash into the skin sufficiently, it gets the face make-up off without leaving you with a red, splotchy face. THIS IS GREAT! My skin looks clean, healthy, and bright after using this face wash. I am not sure if it is helping my beakouts or acne scars at all, but it isn't making them worse. (I have mild, hormonal breakouts from time to time) It smells like cucumbers which is okay, but the moisturizer smells better IMO. Not sure if I will repurchase when I run out. I love the moisturizer!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have no idea what it is about this cleanser but my face really likes it. I've never considered my skin super sensitive so throughout high school and college I would use just about anything from the drug store as long as it wasn't from an acne fighting line. On a whim, I grabbed a small tube of this in the line up at sephora. I fell in love. I've repurchased this so many times and I'll definitely keep repurchasing this. My dry skin feels nourished after using this, probably because of the amino acids. It foams up beautifully with the clarasonic. It's suitable for all skin types, according to the tube. Rosewater will help tone the skin and soothe any redness. It smells like cucumbers, which I don't mind.

on 2/23/2015 6:39:00 PM

I actually really like this cleanser as a morning cleanser. It smells amazing and isn't overly drying. I do think it's too expensive as it really provides no treatment or benefits to your skin other than smelling good and not drying you out.
I probably won't repurchase because it was too expensive and doesn't do anything for your skin.

on 2/21/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice cleanser. Smells like cucumber and not the fake generic kind. If yours smells bad it probably is and you should return it.
It feels different on the skin than other cleansers I have ever tried. It has a silky feel on the skin. It does not lather much but cleans ok i guess. It did remove most of my makeup but not my waterproof mascara. I had to use my baby oil. Most days it removed most of my makeup but not great. It's supposed to cleanse very well but it failed on that part. I've had better results with lotion and a tissue.
For the price I expected some sort of improvement in my skin and for it to cleanse very well which it did not.
I do like it but I do not think it is worth the money.
If price is not an issue for you then it is a decent gentle cleanser.
I saw no improvements, but did start to get little blemishes on the surface of my skin again. On a good note it did not increase my oil production which was a plus.
For me I will stick to my Noxzema :)

on 2/10/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is a nice basic cleanser. I have dry skin and this doesn't dry me out. Not a traditional gel cleaner which is great. Its nice and refreshing in the morning. A little does go a long way and the tube is very convenient. Received this as a gift and might repurchase!