Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 3/8/2015 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

****For the price range, 1 lippie means a bad price, and 5 lippies means a great price.

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)

Overview: Is an extra-gentle gel cleanser for all skin that cleanses your skin as well as removing makeup. People saw more supple, smooth, softened, balanced, healthy-looking skin.

Packaging: Comes in a squeeze tube.

Scent: Freshly cut cucumbers. Not the artificial cucumber scent, but ACTUAL freshly cut cucumbers. Very fresh, light and pleasant.

Texture: Comes out as a cloudy gel.

On Skin: When you rub it on, it does not feel like a gel, it turns into a liquidy, almost water like feeling to the skin. It is really refreshing. It lathers a tiny bit. After washing it off, I did see that my skin looked more radiant (an effect that lasts for a short amount of time) and it didn't strip my skin and make it dry.

Cleansing power: Honestly, it doesn't feel like its cleaning your skin very well. It doesn't remove makeup at all. I use this in the morning when all I need is a gentle cleanse to remove any oil or skincare residue left from when I was sleeping. It does a wonderful job at that.

Additional: It is really super, extra gentle. It doesn't sting, or make my skin red. It is really refreshing in the morning, so use it then, because it doesn't have enough cleansing power to remove the day's makeup and oils. It is really expensive, so get the 50 mL size that comes with a small Sugar lip balm during Christmas, because it is expensive. Don't worry though, it lasts quite a long time (you only need two pea sized drops and its only useful in the mornings).

Thanks for reading this review!

on 3/3/2015 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I like to switch up facial cleansers, but my go to is usually Cetaphil. However, as I have gotten older, I have noticed that Cetaphil makes my skin tight and dry and red after use. I tried Fresh Soy Cleanser (paired with the Fresh Lotus Moisturizer). I like that it is not super foamy and in that way, similar to Cetaphil. It doesn't remove mascara very well, however, if you cleanse your face properly and massage the wash into the skin sufficiently, it gets the face make-up off without leaving you with a red, splotchy face. THIS IS GREAT! My skin looks clean, healthy, and bright after using this face wash. I am not sure if it is helping my beakouts or acne scars at all, but it isn't making them worse. (I have mild, hormonal breakouts from time to time) It smells like cucumbers which is okay, but the moisturizer smells better IMO. Not sure if I will repurchase when I run out. I love the moisturizer!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have no idea what it is about this cleanser but my face really likes it. I've never considered my skin super sensitive so throughout high school and college I would use just about anything from the drug store as long as it wasn't from an acne fighting line. On a whim, I grabbed a small tube of this in the line up at sephora. I fell in love. I've repurchased this so many times and I'll definitely keep repurchasing this. My dry skin feels nourished after using this, probably because of the amino acids. It foams up beautifully with the clarasonic. It's suitable for all skin types, according to the tube. Rosewater will help tone the skin and soothe any redness. It smells like cucumbers, which I don't mind.

on 2/23/2015 6:39:00 PM

I actually really like this cleanser as a morning cleanser. It smells amazing and isn't overly drying. I do think it's too expensive as it really provides no treatment or benefits to your skin other than smelling good and not drying you out.
I probably won't repurchase because it was too expensive and doesn't do anything for your skin.

on 2/21/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice cleanser. Smells like cucumber and not the fake generic kind. If yours smells bad it probably is and you should return it.
It feels different on the skin than other cleansers I have ever tried. It has a silky feel on the skin. It does not lather much but cleans ok i guess. It did remove most of my makeup but not my waterproof mascara. I had to use my baby oil. Most days it removed most of my makeup but not great. It's supposed to cleanse very well but it failed on that part. I've had better results with lotion and a tissue.
For the price I expected some sort of improvement in my skin and for it to cleanse very well which it did not.
I do like it but I do not think it is worth the money.
If price is not an issue for you then it is a decent gentle cleanser.
I saw no improvements, but did start to get little blemishes on the surface of my skin again. On a good note it did not increase my oil production which was a plus.
For me I will stick to my Noxzema :)

on 2/10/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is a nice basic cleanser. I have dry skin and this doesn't dry me out. Not a traditional gel cleaner which is great. Its nice and refreshing in the morning. A little does go a long way and the tube is very convenient. Received this as a gift and might repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an odd cleanser. It has a strange texture; it feels very slippery and goopy to me. It did not foam (nor did I expect it to). It also has a strange cucumber smell that I do not care for.

It did seem to cleanse my face well. I did not experience and dryness, nor did I break out. It removed my face makeup.

I have not yet tried it as an eye makeup remover, as that will be the big test. If it does take off my eye makeup well, then I would consider repurchasing, as none of my other cleansers are meant to take off eye makeup.

This is a great morning cleanser when your face is already clean, but it is not so great at removing makeup (mainly eye) because it doesn't get much of a lather.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing. A gel that's cooling to the skin (smells like cucumbers), but it really takes off every inch of makeup. I've replaced this with purity, and I've used purity for 8 years. So that's really saying something. It's a lot less drying than Philosophy's purity. I use this with my clarisonic every night and I've noticed a huge change in the texture (less dry patches), and old pigmentation marks is fading.

one downside is that it is quite expensive for how much you get in the tube. I feel like I'm constantly replacing it.

on 1/8/2015 11:19:00 PM

I had been using the same products for a long time and for some reason had a really bad reaction one day. My face had swelling and my face looked sunburned. My face after that peeled. It seemed like I had gotten a chemical burn. Nothing different in my routine. I didn't know what to use or if to use anything. I went to sephora and one of the sales people told me to try Fresh Soy cleanser. I won't change cleansers. I love it! It takes all of my makeup off and smells wonderful!