September 17, 2014 | 1039 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by nickkers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using and loving this cleanser for a year. You wouldn't think it'd be so difficult to find such a mild cleanser but it is! It leaves my dry/oily skin clean and non-irritated.

Packaging could use some work as the product tends to gunk around the opening. Also, it definitely doesn't wash off all your face makeup so wipes or a make up remover first is advised. Lastly, it's an expensive cleanser so I'll be looking for alternatives but i really do love this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by lorenagmz15

This cleanser was recommended to me by a Sephora employee. I was hesitant at first but really love this! It has a nice clean scent and it's rich in amino acids and soy. Which is good for elasticity and firmness, also helps promote collagen so this would be great for aging skin. I love it because I have acne scars that it's helping to fade. I also remove my makeup with a facial wipe then cleanse with this and it does an awesome job. If you're going to remove your makeup with ONLY this, I would go over it twice just to make sure your face is clean. This has rosewater, which has toning properties so it doesn't require you to tone afterwards but sometimes I still do and have no problem with drying. All in all, I really love this stuff and would recommend it to anyone! Side note: there was some concerns about this product's rating on ewg but that rating was for the old formulation from 5 years ago! since then the formula has improved a lot, it's a great cleanser. And yes it has parabens but this needs it because of all the natural ingredients, otherwise it would quickly grow harmful bacteria and you definitely don't want that.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by JenniAdventure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My skin type: sensitive/prone to redness and dry. My routine: clarisonic twice daily, c booth tea tree toner, first aid beauty ultra repair cream. Worked the soy cleanser in with my routine and noticed that by the afternoon, my face is extremely oily. The only part of my routine that has changed is the cleanser so I believe that it has turned my normally dry skin into an oil field. I love the smell and that a little goes a long way, but that is not enough for me to spend the money on this cleanser. Still looking for HG cleanser.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by bulbagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Smells lovely, doesn't strip my skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth and feels balanced. No added fragrance or parabens. However it does only an OK job at removing my bare Minerals and waaay too pricey for the job.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by bluestarjcf

I got a sample of this product when I was at Sephora because I wanted to try higher end makeup removers. I wanted to get into a better skin care routine and this seemed like a great product based on the reviews on MUA. I thought the sample was amazing and absolutely loved the way that it cleaned my skin and took off my makeup. I decided to buy the bigger size version as it was a better value for money. I have been using it for a couple of months and I feel like the actual product in the tube wasn't as good as the sample that I got from Sephora. It doesn't do that great a job of taking of my foundation and I have to cleanse my skin at least twice. Even after that I take a makeup towelette to get off any residue and it still picks up remnants of foundation which is not acceptable for a product with this price tag. It is terrible at removing eye makeup and I have to use an eye makeup remover even though this is meant to be able to remove all makeup. This was definitely a regret for me and don't recommend it to anyone as a makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by sassieskier

This is my HG cleanser. I've ran out of it (each tube lasts me about 6 months, using twice daily) and strayed to other less expensive cleansers but after my skin freaking out, I always come back and my skin clears up within a week of using again. I'm convinced I won't try anything else ever after testing other cleansers three times and having the same reactions each time. I'm mid thirties, sensitive, normal-dry skin for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by lallazaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this cleanser. Very gentle, yet cleans well. I wear very little makeup ( no foundation, just blush and sunscreen) and my skin feels very clean after I use it. It does not clean mascara and concealer, so I use a separate eye cleanser (Clinique). I will keep buying this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by tC_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. However, it's extremely overpriced. I was lucky enough to get a value set during the holidays which included a Fresh lip balm and smaller size of the cleanser to sample for about $25. It smells like cucumbers and makes my skin soft but definitely isn't worth the usual price tag of $38. It's a gel cleanser that cleans my face without stripping it dry. I get the same results from my Boscia purifying gel cleanser which is almost half the price. Probably would not repurchase due to its exorbitant price.

EDIT: I discovered that I can get this cleanser for way less on Amazon and eBay. Therefore, I would repurchase. I find the Boscia cleanser that I mentioned above just a tad bit drying in the winter.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice cleanser. Gentle on skin but melted away my foundation very easily. It's marked as safe for eyes, and I did use it remove my mascara but that stayed behind. But holy cow, this is expensive! Fresh products generally are----I know, I have a bottle do Sake bath(love this!). My HG cleanser is the Olay Daily Facials, lather up, use, trash. That does remove eye makeup including mascara. I'm glad I got a small size to try this because it is nice. But I will go back to my trusty ODF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Kristenhonto

After trying different cleansers here and there, I always go back to this one. It's refreshing, doesn't dry out my skin, and is surprisingly effective at removing makeup. It smells a little like edamame but is very light - I've actually grown to like it. A little goes a long way. My skin loves this!