Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have no idea what it is about this cleanser but my face really likes it. I've never considered my skin super sensitive so throughout high school and college I would use just about anything from the drug store as long as it wasn't from an acne fighting line. On a whim, I grabbed a small tube of this in the line up at sephora. I fell in love. I've repurchased this so many times and I'll definitely keep repurchasing this. My dry skin feels nourished after using this, probably because of the amino acids. It foams up beautifully with the clarasonic. It's suitable for all skin types, according to the tube. Rosewater will help tone the skin and soothe any redness. It smells like cucumbers, which I don't mind.

on 2/23/2015 6:39:00 PM

I actually really like this cleanser as a morning cleanser. It smells amazing and isn't overly drying. I do think it's too expensive as it really provides no treatment or benefits to your skin other than smelling good and not drying you out.
I probably won't repurchase because it was too expensive and doesn't do anything for your skin.

on 2/21/2015 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Nice cleanser. Smells like cucumber and not the fake generic kind. If yours smells bad it probably is and you should return it.
It feels different on the skin than other cleansers I have ever tried. It has a silky feel on the skin. It does not lather much but cleans ok i guess. It did remove most of my makeup but not my waterproof mascara. I had to use my baby oil. Most days it removed most of my makeup but not great. It's supposed to cleanse very well but it failed on that part. I've had better results with lotion and a tissue.
For the price I expected some sort of improvement in my skin and for it to cleanse very well which it did not.
I do like it but I do not think it is worth the money.
If price is not an issue for you then it is a decent gentle cleanser.
I saw no improvements, but did start to get little blemishes on the surface of my skin again. On a good note it did not increase my oil production which was a plus.
For me I will stick to my Noxzema :)

on 2/10/2015 1:20:00 AM

This is a nice basic cleanser. I have dry skin and this doesn't dry me out. Not a traditional gel cleaner which is great. Its nice and refreshing in the morning. A little does go a long way and the tube is very convenient. Received this as a gift and might repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an odd cleanser. It has a strange texture; it feels very slippery and goopy to me. It did not foam (nor did I expect it to). It also has a strange cucumber smell that I do not care for.

It did seem to cleanse my face well. I did not experience and dryness, nor did I break out. It removed my face makeup.

I have not yet tried it as an eye makeup remover, as that will be the big test. If it does take off my eye makeup well, then I would consider repurchasing, as none of my other cleansers are meant to take off eye makeup.

This is a great morning cleanser when your face is already clean, but it is not so great at removing makeup (mainly eye) because it doesn't get much of a lather.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing. A gel that's cooling to the skin (smells like cucumbers), but it really takes off every inch of makeup. I've replaced this with purity, and I've used purity for 8 years. So that's really saying something. It's a lot less drying than Philosophy's purity. I use this with my clarisonic every night and I've noticed a huge change in the texture (less dry patches), and old pigmentation marks is fading.

one downside is that it is quite expensive for how much you get in the tube. I feel like I'm constantly replacing it.

on 1/8/2015 11:19:00 PM

I had been using the same products for a long time and for some reason had a really bad reaction one day. My face had swelling and my face looked sunburned. My face after that peeled. It seemed like I had gotten a chemical burn. Nothing different in my routine. I didn't know what to use or if to use anything. I went to sephora and one of the sales people told me to try Fresh Soy cleanser. I won't change cleansers. I love it! It takes all of my makeup off and smells wonderful!

on 1/5/2015 1:38:00 AM

I got this as a Christmas gift (it was on my wish list!) and so excited to try it! I've been using it for a while now, and honestly I see no results at all..
I'm happy that it doesn't make my face red after using it like most other washes do. And It doesn't make my skin dry or flaky.
But just because it doesn't hurt the skin, doesn't mean it's doing anything great for the skin either
I have a few breakouts here and there, and some blackheads. All still there.
I hate how when I'm using it, it feels like im running nothing on my face. It doesn't foam, and it's goes on clear, so overall I feel like I'm running water on my face which I don't like because then I don't feel like it's clean at all.
Not worth the price.

on 12/30/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For reference I have dry/combination skin. I am probably on about my 3rd purchase of this product and absolutely love it. It is my daily morning cleanser - without fail. I found the scent clean - certainly not offensive as has been noted by other reviewers. I use about a nickel-sized amount on my wet face during my morning shower. It rinses easily and I do not use a toner afterward. My skin feels clean and comfortable. I follow with moisturizer/primer and apply makeup. I have had many MUA ask what I use for my daily routine due to smoothness and condition of my skin - especially at my age!