July 31, 2014 | 1997 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Total Effects Anti Aging Anti Blemish Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 7:00:00 AM More reviews by TarinM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I owe so much to this cleanser, it really saved me! I was having an awful few months with my skin, I was just constantly breaking out, nothing seemed to heal, I was getting little scars everywhere, my skin seemed all congested and dried up at the same time, and it was the first time I noticed 'crow's feet' as well, so I was getting the best of everything! I usually only like to use more natural products as well but nothing seemed to be working and I read the good reviews on here and thought I should try it, it was so cheap as well. But I can honestly say I went into the shower with awful skin and came out with skin about 90% better, I couldn't believe it. It was like it just dissolved off the top layer of awful skin to show the fresh, clear skin underneath. And I don't mean that in a harsh, abrasive way, because I also have quite sensitive skin which worried me about this and I did get a little burning around my nose, but all those months of awfulness and after every other product I had tried, my skin was just fixed and over the next few weeks my scars were fading really fast and my blackheads were disappearing, and my crow's feet as well so I can say this is a miracle product BUT unfortunately, like a lot of products with me it seems after a few weeks/months they don't seem to work as good on me anymore, so I actually stopped using it because it wasn't really having much of an affect on me, but I wonder if perhaps I overused it and my sensitive skin struggled with it over time, but its fine because my skin never went back to being how bad it was so I keep it for emergencies if I ever end up there again, but if you are having skin troubles I really think it's worth try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by scb8551

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG cleanser!!! LOVE it! I have been using this cleanser for a little over a month without any issues. I do breakout around that time of the month and on occasion, but overall this is a great cleanser. This cleanser doesn't strip my skin and it keeps my breakouts at bay. The only downside is that it doesn't take off all my makeup. I have to wash my face twice with this. Even so, I will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by candibubblz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Ok, I am going to start out with what I don't like. The only think I have come across that I don't like about this product is how it won't get my make up off at the end of the day. It leaves make up on my face.
That said, I still love this product! But it leaves make up on my face, why should I like it, you ask? Because it's amazing! haha

I fix this by doing either of two things, I wash my face quick with a foaming wash that gets make up off, to just get the process started.
or, like I have been doing, just using it in the AM when I don't have all this make up on my face...unless it was "one of those nights" hahaha

This is great and has made a HUGE difference on my skin. It cleans and prevents blemishes with out over drying or irritating like other cleansers I have tried. My skin feels healthy and smooth.

Let's just say, I went off of birth control (long story) and I was freaking out because last time I did that, my face went ape s@#t. And my skin looks just like it did when I was on it!!! and I know I have this wash to thank.

and i love the smell haha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Anna12345

This product comes in a different tube and is called "Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser - Blemish Prone" in Australia. I bought this because it contains Salicylic Acid which is excellent for gently exfoliating skin and cleaning out pores. I'm normally an Olay fan but this is heavily fragranced, which I find totally unnecessary. I think most acne-prone people with sensitive skin would prefer products with less fragrance. I also didn't like how this product made my skin a little redder than other cleansers would. It also leaves a slight film on my skin which does disappear after a while. I wouldn't buy it again because of its strong smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Several days ago I purchased this cleanser along with the Total Effects Firming Night Cream and the Total Effects Refreshing Citrus Scrub face wash. (I also use Olay Complete SPF 15 Sensitive moisturizer but I have already been using this for the last year.)

I like this cleanser a lot. I have been using it in the mornings when I wash my face. My pores have been looking smaller. I had been using another drugstore face wash with 2% Salicylic acid in it as well but that one was gel and it was drying my face out, making my face an oil slick at the same time. Not this one! Actually, it has helped balance my skin moisture and some small pimples on the side of my face have gone away after starting this. It's too early to tell but it appears my blackheads on my nose are clearing up, too. I have to say, though, if I didn't use a night cream this would likely be a bit drying (it does have salicylic acid afterall).

I have sensitive skin that is acne prone with certain ingredients, and it can easily unbalance to become too oily or too dry (or even oily/dry at the same time). Using this cleanser in conjunction with the other products has balanced out my face.

I will be repurchasing this product along with the others. It's a bit more pricey than I usually spend but it's worth it - I'd rather spend the money than cover my face up in makeup and pat my face all day with powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by lilmissredhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

After reading reviews on this I decided to go buy it. I had been using random cleansers that I had gotten from avon (none of which worked). I am using differin currently and I know you are not supposed to use anything with salicylic acid or bp while on it, but my skin seems pretty resilient so I tried it out. Before using this cleanser my face was always dry around the nose and chin area. I have been using this cleanser now for about 2 weeks (day and night) and no more dry patches! I can't really say what it does for blemishes considering I am using differin as well so I never get them in the first place. It has not made me break out or anything strange. I would give it two thumbs up and I will definitely re purchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by fluffybaconcat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a couple of years and ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It comes in different packaging in New Zealand, it's a white skinny tube which is not see through which is the only drawback for me. It's the best cleanser i've ever had and keep repurchasing it every season. It has a nice creamy consistency with tiniest and therefore very gentle beads, does not clog pores and doesn't dry out skin. I use it after another cleanser as have very oily skin and it needs a mega clean every time, so i apply it and lightly massage it in then rinse and follow up with toner and moisturiser. I found it's the best way for my skin having tried it straight for make up removal, which didn't give same result. Also use it as a sort of treatment for my monthly break outs by leaving it on my skin for a minute or two. All in all a very good cleanser at a very affordable price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by nsynker1

I have been using this cleanser for over a year now. It is part of my every day skin care routine. It feels as if I have tried every cleanser on the market and have never found anything that I stick with more than 6 months. I usually give the cleanser I purchase time to adapt to my skin but everything from the very expensive cleansers to the cheap ones always falls short of my expectations. I have very oily skin, with blackheads, and it is also dry at times. I LOVE this product though! I use this at night before I go to bed and Mary Kay Timewise cleanser in the morning. This Olay cleanser can dry my skin out sometimes but I follow it with the Olay Total Effects moisturizer and I love the outcome. I put this cleanser at the top of my list!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the only anti-aging product that has ever made a difference in my skin. I'm in my early 20's but I have very expressive eye brows and I was starting to see wrinkles in my forehead, and a very deep one in the middle. After using this product for only two weeks, I saw a huge difference in my skin. The extremely pronounced line in my forehead is practically gone! Makeup no longer settles into it, so I know it's not just my imagination.

My routine: For years now I've been using ponds cold cream/wipes to remove makeup, proactive cleanser once daily followed by witch hazel as a toner and Olay daily facial lotion w/spf. This keeps my face mostly clear. When I bought this Olay cleanser I didn't realize that it had salicylic acid in it until I got it home. In the past salicylic acid has always made me break out but I was willing to try anything to get rid of my forehead wrinkles. So I incorporated this cleanser into my routine. I use it every 3 days in place of my proactive cleanser. I gently massage this cleanser onto my skin for about a minute, rinse, and repeat once. I do this because in it's necessary (imo) for the active ingredients to have enough time to sit on your skin, otherwise you're just washing it away. I would not recommend using this product as a daily face wash, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin.

Pros:
Packaging is great.
A ton of product for a decent price.
Actually saw a drastic change in my skin!

Cons:
Can be drying
Has a slightly odd smell, not overly strong though.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ilovemakeup15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG cleanser. The first time I used it I was kinda iffy because it was cream cleanser and I'm usually not a big fan of cream cleansers. This one is definitely different. It leaves my skin so so soft and the smell is great too. It has salicylic acid and it works! My skin cleared up in a week! I was purely amazed I've tried other things for my acne and this one works so well and makes my skin soft. I highly recommend.