Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Mica, Layroyl Lysine. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

on 3/24/2013 9:49:00 PM

I thought I'd jump on the mineral makeup bandwagon since I've never tried any brand of it before. I read several positive reviews of Everyday Minerals and found that I could order seven samples for around $3 (shipping). This is helpful considering there are many shades and there's really no way to tell what shade you are without trying their samples. The samples are very generous, too! They arrived in about three days, which is very fast in my opinion. I tried the matte, semi-matte, it, and jojoba bases. I found the best match in fair semi-matte foundation. It applies like a dream. It's creamy and I find that it gives very good coverage with two thin layers. It looks so beautiful when first applied. It has such a lovely glow and looks like real, flawless skin. However, after about two hours of wear, it starts to get oily, I think. I'm not really sure because I don't have oily skin and I've never had problems with my foundation fading because of oil. I'm confused with this aspect of the foundation. It kind of starts to cake up, especially on my nose and the side of my nose. Not a good look. I also believe that this is making me break out. I had no active blemishes and then I wore this for two days and now I have four new blemishes. This is the only thing I changed in my routine so I suspect this may be the culprit. I don't think it's a bad product, it's just not for me. It's worth a shot, considering the samples are dirt cheap and there's a nice color selection.

on 3/22/2013 3:08:00 PM

I love this foundation... I took a chance on it because it went on sale for a fabulous price. To my surprise I really love it. The finish is great reminds me of laura mercier foundation where you think it might sparkle but it doesn't. It covers well and doesn't break me out. Super nice surprise find in this one.

on 3/7/2013 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought a sample of this from the website, love-makeup.co.uk because I wanted to try this foundation without buying the regular size and finding out it didn't work for me, and I'm so glad I didn't buy the full sized version. I found this foundation to be much higher coverage than other mineral foundations I have tried, but unfortunately the coverage was very cakey and not natural looking. I definitely would not recommend this to dry skinned girls. The product is good value, at around the £10 mark, but only if it's right for you skin type. Again, I hate the packaging because the product gets everywhere - I wish they did a cap that you could secure over it once you were finished using it, but this seems to be the way most mineral foundations come.

on 2/10/2013 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

If you're reading this review right now you might realize that I had already written a review on this. It was a huge, raving review that probably hardly anyone was able to get through. That was mine. I deleted it, b/c reading back through it hardly any of the info is accurate for me at this point, so if you read it and know what I'm talking about disregard it. First off, I'd been using this foundation for about 2 years, for a couple of reasons:
1. It's fairly inexpensive.
2. It is one of two foundations I've found in the dozen+ I've tried that matched my super-pale skin to a T. (I use the "Fair" color.) (The other is Drew Barrymore's Flower brand foundation, which I use the LF1 color.)
3. It has minimal ingredients and they don't irritate my skin (no oils or fragrance).
I knew it worked pretty well for me so I kept going back to it. There are a few reasons I'm looking for a new foundation, however.
1. I don't like the finish. It's powdery and a bit cakey-looking and settles in the creases around my nose.
2. It doesn't last all day. It looks noticeably faded by the time I get home from school (7 hours after putting it on).
3. I'm finding that I like the feel, application, and overall experience of liquid foundations better.
4. I have to order it online. This probably isn't too big of a deal for most people but I just prefer being able to go to my local Wal-Mart or Bartell's and have it in my hands immediately.
Overall, if you really prefer mineral foundation this is what I'd recommend, but if your preference isn't in the mineral category I wouldn't say this is the best out there. I won't be repurchasing.

on 1/29/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this in light neutral and light tan. It seemed to work okay, obviously, because I reperchaded. However when the hot and humid Hawaii summer rolled around this would make my forehead itch whenever I began to sweat or produce oil. It also did not control oil in the summer. I might use the light tan for a bronzer in the future but other than that ill stick to jojoba base which doesn't make me itchy.

on 1/23/2013 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I expected so high on EDM base. However the semi-matte formula disappoints me a lot. I've got the shade sunkissed-fair which is a good match. The powder is fine milled and easy to apply evenly. But NO coverage at all. I don't like so much mica too. The shiny mica enlarges my pores. Moreover, it does not last long. I feel nothing left on the face after the lunch. Well in my opinion semi-matte formula is far from a foundation base. The matte formula and intensive formula are better than this one. Anyway I think I won't buy any EDM powder in the future. Alima Pure is 10x butter than EDM.

on 1/13/2013 6:53:00 PM

I was so disappointed with this product. I really wanted to love it. I purchased the samples from the website (which I thought were very generous) for a vacation because I wanted to travel lightly. I have to say that all the formulations of this powder that I tried covered my acne breakouts and redness very well. My skin looked very good when I wore these powders. I couldn't believe how good my skin looked, actually. However after a few weeks of use, my forehead broke out in little bumps/pimples that I don't normally get. The texture on my forehead was horrible...a bumpy, greasy mess. Once I stopped using the powder, those types of breakouts cleared up, but I still had my regular breakouts. I'm not sure what was in the powder that caused the breakouts, maybe the mica? I never had these issues when I used Bare Minerals. It's unfortunate, because I do think that the product was good for evening out my skin and covering up the imperfections, but it did not agree with my skin. Just my two cents.

on 12/30/2012 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My skin is very acne-prone with enlarged pores, but still hyperpigmentation and some dryness on the surface cause of the retin-A that I use....

This semi-matte formula is nothing for me! Almost enlarges pores, does not have coverage enough to hide imperfections... It doesn't solve my two main problems; the pores and discoloration and redness.... Also I think it's too sparkling!

If you need a similar foundation that is "semi-matte", or at least with just a little coverage, Alima pure is better.... Their foundation does not cover too much, but still doesn't sparkle and hides pores a little better...

on 12/25/2012 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I really like this mineral foundation. It's more difficult to apply compared to liquid foundations but it looks so natural. especially when applied with water

on 12/11/2012 1:38:00 AM

After trying 5 different sample shades, I picked the Medium Beige Neutral semi-matte base. It was hard to tell which color was right from the swatches on the website and I'm still not sure if it's the right color because my skin is getting lighter. Anyway, I like the semi-matte base. It gives light but buildable covering using a flat top powder brush. It does not control oil though on my combination-oily skin. Might have made me break out a bit, or maybe hormonal or other causes. I'm planning to continue using it to see whether it is the cause of break outs, hopefully it's not! I might invest in another color, probably a lighter one, since the price point is pretty nice :)