December 20, 2014 | 1815 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Finishing Dust

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by definebeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i ordered a sample of this from everydayminerals.com along with some other items. this is what stood out to be the most and has become one of my favorite finishing powders. it looks like a pale yellow color but it is translucent on the face. if gives a nice naturally matte finish to my skin which is what i crave. not a bit fan of the "dewy" finish. i am planning on purchasing the full size very soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 4:01:00 PM More reviews by blythegraves

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The BEST finishing powder (at least for me). It's truly sheer (unlike Bare Minerals sheer/original "Mineral Veil" which has an orange hue) and seems to wake up my skin. I use it with EM semi-matte foundation (the best, also), and it looks very natural, giving a lit from within glow. I have an oily T-zone and this controlled oil so well I didn't need a touch-up throughout the day (wow!). Application is effortless and produces an airbrushed/flawless finish. Love it. If you like Bare Minerals but dislike the quirks and high-maintenance, try Everyday Minerals.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by jadey84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really nice. If you have a shiny face, just put this one and it looks awesome! I've used it in my t-zone the most, and with it, it looks really good..

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by momominky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An excellent finishing powder. Doesn't keep oil at bay all day, but surely helps. Lovely fine texture which paired with a good brush softens the rough edges.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by morningblues342

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Fantastic! Works just like Bare Escentuals' Mineral Veil. Gives your makeup a softness and definitely helps keep down on the oil production. I have a very mild oil problem in my t-zone. One light coat of this stuff keep the shine at bay all day! This is a must have when using any EM foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by sabbles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because I really love EDM's semi-matte foundation, and it had so many good reviews. I use it as directed to "set" my foundation. No matter what brush I use, how long I buff, or how light or heavy handed I am, this just looks awful. It sits on top of the foundation. Without foundation, it just sits on the skin. I have sensitive combo skin and use moisturizer day and night. This powder creates dry patches around my nose, and on my forehead. It also cakes on the side of my nose where I wear my sunglasses, and around my lips. I'm not sure why everyone has had great results. I will definitely never buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I waited so long to try this stuff! I have EXTREMELY oily skin and have tried everything to no avail. I have tried so many different foundations, primers, powders, etc. I got a sample of this and was shocked at how it kept the oil away. I figured it must have been a fluke. Well, I've been using this now for about six months and it works so well that I forget I even have oily skin. If you have normal or dry skin don't even bother using this. Sometimes I don't even have to reapply it during the day, or if I do it's only once. Before using it I had to blot my face at least five times a day, re-powder at least four times, and then reapply foundation and powder at least once. Now I put on my foundation (Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Make-up), dust on this powder, and I'm good to go for the day. I used their Kaolin powder before this stuff, but didn't really like it. I'm hooked for life! I really hope they never discontinue it. I think the key ingredient in this is the cornstarch. And it's cheap and lasts me several months.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 4:08:00 AM More reviews by hellocommando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this product a long time ago along with a few of their powder foundations. I really had no use for it because I didn't need another finishing powder on top of powder foundation. I rediscovered this product recently and found a great way to use it. Because it's winter time right now, and my skin is on the drier side (especially on my cheeks), I am using a cream foundation (Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse). I usually set my foundation with MAC MSF Natural. But it started to look a little chalky because my skin is so dry right now. I realized that I needed a loose powder instead of a pressed powder to reduce the look of dryness and skin flakes. I saw the Finishing Dust on my counter and decided to dust a layer of it over my cream foundation. It doesn't give any more coverage, and is so finely milled that it doesn't accentuate bad skin texture or dryness. I've been wearing it everyday recently, and my mom even said that she thought my skin looked a lot healthier. Great affordable product if you use it with the right foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by XsqueegeeX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mostly use the finishing dust in a 50/50 ratio with the intensive foundation. It gives the area around my nose flawless coverage without the cakey problems. I don't know why, but using the foundation by itself just looks horrible on my nose!
The combination of the two makes it look like I didn't put anything on! I love the results!
As for the finishing dust by itself, I don't really see much change in my appearance (as in pore size, setting my makeup, etc.), but I will definitely be purchasing it again for combined use with the intensive foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by elisie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

Excellent finishing powder for when I need it. This is the first one I've found to be foolproof and does not settle into fine lines or irritate my sensitive skin. It does not turn into an oil slick or flake. The packaging is annoying as it gets everywhere, but since I don't use it often, it's fine. Also, the full size is likely to last a life time.