BeneFit Cosmetics Bluff Dust

3.8

Talc, mica, yellow 5 lake, dimethicone, magnesium myristate, nylon-12, polyethylene, silica, titanium dioxide, phenyl trimethicone, polymethyl methacrylate, corn starch, methylparaben, sodium dehydroacetate, squalane, propylparaben, butylparaben, iron oxides, ascorbyl palmitate, tocopheryl acetate, iron oxides.

on 10/8/2009 1:41:00 PM

I have to say i really dont know if I would rush out and buy this if a ran out, which i doubt will happen any time soon.
I have had this for a couple years now and overall it is a good finishing prodcut that really tones down shine, Is not overly powdery and does give a nice red neutralization.However my skin tone needs more of a luminous airbrushing effect in a finishing powder which this doesnt have.

on 8/21/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

im not using loose powders very often, because i dont really see the different between not using and using it. im more like an oily skin and after half hour my skin just oil again even after using this powder. And i dont like the design as well,dirty everywhere. wont repurchase.

on 5/25/2009 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Reading previous posts, I was concerned that it would also make my skin break out as I have sensitive skin. However - I'm pleased to say it hasn't given me any spots and I love it.

I have suffered for a long time with redness and have finally found a product which covers this up for me. I've tried other brands but haven't found one to beat this. A quick tip I've found is - only remove half of the plastic cover to reveal the holes. I then can control how much I tap out into the lid. When the SA used her tester, the powder went everywhere.

on 4/26/2009 10:45:00 AM

I actually get better coverage dusting my face with baby powder than with this one! I still have almost half left in my make-up case and cant bring myself to throw it away coz of the price factor!! Definitely a no-no for me.

on 4/15/2009 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate to bring the score of this down as it looked sooooooooooo nice on me - but this broke me out in a matter of HOURS. I have blemish prone skin, but OH MY GOD I cannot believe the damage this caused in only a few hours. If you have really sensitive skin, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't use this!!!!!! I will stick to my MAC blot powder.

As the saying goes - if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!

on 3/16/2009 11:26:00 AM

This powder does exactly what it's meant to! I began using it over my foundation as i get red patches over my cheeks but then i tried using it without foundation and it does the same job! Makes my skin look flawless!
THEN i tried a little on my dark circles and it covers then perfectly! Great product and worth the money, I would buy again but don't know if i'll ever need to as there is so much!

on 1/23/2009 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this product. I use it as a finishing powder after my foundation, and I find it does a really good job in this use. It blends into my skin and takes away all signs of redness. I apply it with my MakeUpForever kabuki brush so that it looks flawless. It's pretty good at controlling oil. I also like the color. Usually loose powders are too white, pink or orange for my skin, but this one is perfect. UPDATE: It is very easy to over-apply this product, resulting in a mask-like effect. Try building in layers if you want more coverage. UPDATE 2: this powder can turn orangy on me. I find myself applying it in the morning and then using a tissue to wipe it off when I get to work. I will now reserve it for the days where I don't wear liquid foundation and I will apply it with the puff. Otherwise, it just looks wrong.

EDIT I threw this crap away. What a joke! It was a mess to use and it really darkened and oxidized on my skin. It also made it terribly oily.

on 1/15/2009 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

so i finally found a use for my Benefit Bluff Dust :

It was never quite right as a finishing powder (just a bit off, how it sits there), however, it works FANTASTIC as a color corrector to mix into a mineral powder foundation when i need it to be more yellow!

my skin is very olive (yellow-toned) and most mmu are just too pink for me.
So, here's what i did:
I added 1 part of the Bluff Dust into the lid with 3 parts Maybelline's mineral power foundation powder (color 02) and then mixed it together and voila--- the perfect color for my NC20 skin with strong yellow undertones! hooray!!!

i loved the coverage of maybelline's mmu, but the 02 was always wayyyyy too light and pinky and the next one up was dark and orange. So, adding the Bluff Dust was perfect!!! it didn't darken it, but it just added some yellow tones.

blended together, The finish was flawless! much more natural since the mmu is diluted a bit, and the color was very natural looking.

definitely a consideration for those out there who own Bluff Dust!
hth

on 12/12/2008 5:55:00 PM

This isn't a bad product at all, but the reason why I wouldn't buy it again is because I think the Urban Decay mineral powder in "Universal" works much better. I have problems with redness, and often look like I have really pink undertones in pictures. I wanted a yellow powder to help cover it. This one works pretty well, but I just found that the Urban Decay one has a nicer texture and better staying power. I also felt that my skin looked brighter and healthier when using the Urban Decay product. The difference is pretty subtle, and you might love this, but personally I like the other one better. If you want to compare, go to sephora and if you ask for a sample of both and you can see for yourself which works best on your skin.

MAC studio fix shade: NC35
MakeUp ForEver Mat+ shade: 40
MakeUp ForEver Super Matte loose powder shade: 54
Bobbi Brown Shade: 5 (Honey)
************************************************
I have patches of red on my cheeks and nose, and a general "My-face-is-on-fire" look due to sensitive skin which is oily (not a good mix!)

I used to use yellow based foundation to counter the redness (like MAC or Bobbi Brown) but unfortunately my favorite foundation of all time is MakeUp ForEvers Mat Velvet+, which is AMAZING for coverage and texture but (this is the unfortunate part) it's not yellow based enough for me, so in pictures I look like I have nice pinkish skin on my face that doesn't go with my yellow tone body.

I used to mix my foundation with MUFEs yellow base, but their yellow base is not the best texture so MAT+ didn't look AS good.

So I searched for a yellow powder on MUA and after reading the reviews of Bluff Dust decided to try it, luckily here in Dubai I discovered we have BeneFit makeup so I purchased it despite the scary lemon yellow color! In this hot climate I prefer powder more than something in liquid form.

I apply a thin layer of Bluff Dust right after moisturising, then my liquid foundation, then another layer of Bluff Dust, then my setting loose powder (Super Matte by MUFE as well) and then if I feel like it, another layer of Bluff Dust, and my skin looks an AMAZING color, no pink or redness and it looks awesome in pictures!

The texture of the powder is really nice and "fluffy" in a way, and I thought it might be too light in color for my skin but it just blends right in! I also use this over my peach concealer of Bobbi Brown for my undereye circles (since you're supposed to use peach to counteract the blue tones of undereye darkness, and then a yellow on top to make it your skin color, but I don't like Bobbi Brown's yellow concealer, it becomes too much concealer) and a light layer of the BluffDust powder brightens up my concealer making my undereyes finally look like they're part of my skin!

So to conclude, I LOVE BluffDust!

Recommended for Normal Skin