April 19, 2014 | 1741 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by mndoyon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works for me but my it makes my nails yellow…

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by AllyLesniak

This is the best product I've ever used for my nails. Before Mavala my nails would only grow up to 2mm of free edge. Even then, they would peel, chip, break, and bend. They were fairly weak and transparent.

I've been using this product along with Hard as Hoof for about a year and my nails look incredible. I have to keep filing them down because they get too long. I like my nails at about 2-3mm of free edge but let them get to 5mm before I filed them down.

Obviously use the product as directed and don't expect miracles without having to take care of your nails in the process. Just like anything else, it may not work for everyone, but it's worked wonders for me. I recommended it to my best friend and she's seen the same results I have so give it a try! We bought it for about $11 which is worth it considering the little bottle will last 6-12 months (I've had mine since July '12 and I'm only halfway through).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by rachelllsmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have bitten my nails my whole life- 22 years! And finally stopped by painting my nails diligently but they would still get to a certain length and start to tear from the sides, as well as peel- wasn't really working.

Tried OPI nail envy for a couple of months- didnt make a difference. I then bought Mavala and at first didnt think it was working, but now I have been using it for a couple of months and it has made the biggest dfference. For the first time ever in my life my nails have grown a few mm past the end of my fingertip. They rarely tear and arent too hard, still quite bendy- cant wait to get my first manicure!!

Would definitely recommend- not really expensive for the outcome- tiny bottle lasts ages!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by liews

This product, like so many others on this page has said, WORKS.

I love having something on my nails. I HAVE to, its like i feel i can't go out without having my nails done. I always self do my nails at home.

I do my nails very often, changing polish every 2-3 days as i can't stand wearing out polish that has chipped off. Gradually i realised my nails were kinda getting weaker... i could feel the difference. Once i tried growing my nails to a longer length, and it split.

So then i knew i had to do something to strengthen up my nails, if it went on i wouldn't be able to grow it long without breakage, and my nails were not "shaped". I want my nails to be like a letter 'U', but because it is not thick/ strong, it sort of flares out at the white, which i always file off at the side in attempt to try and make it look better.

I went on to search for products that might help my nails. I didn't really do a long search actually, the products i used before this was just Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment and Nail Tek III. For both i couldn't feel any difference.. And I did even consider getting OPI Envy's treatments but because of the expensive price imo, decided not to.

So on MUA, when i was looking at other products, this product was just listed at the side bar. Since i saw it so many times, curiosity got the better of me and i clicked to read all the reviews. Seeing that so many people left positive reviews, i went on ebay to get it.

At the start i was like, heck, so much for just 5ml? But hey, its true. I used for close to 2 months now and its looks like its not been touched at all, maybe only a drop of it is gone. It will last you very long. I used one brush per hand.

I know they said 1-2 applications per week but i'm pretty impatient so at the start i did it as often i change my nail polishes, hoping to see results faster... :P Luckily no bad effects were done to my nail, and as i felt my nails getting better, i slowly reduced the usage until now, i am planning to use it 1-2 bi-weekly as i'm scared that too much might make it too dry and prone to breakage.

My nails are hard and properly shaped now, and i love 'em so much. Gonna use it on my mum and possibly my dad to help their nails!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by SireneAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this products after a long search for a treatment that would solve my nails' problems. I used to have very thin, weak nails that would break and split. I've tried almost every treatment from Sally Hansen, but they didn't help at all. Finally, I decided to use this one. It turned out to be a miracle. I would never believe it is possible until I tried.
After almost a month of using Scientifique my nails have become stronger, they almost never break or split anymore. I managed to grow them very long, which I had never done before. Now I've been using it for half a year and I apply it once in two weaks to maintain the result.
Following the instructions is very important, don't use it too often or your nails will become too dry and will get unpleasant cracks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by seahorse61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product REALLY works!!

And it is the only thing that ever worked for me.
I am 51 years old and beautiful nails were just an item that I could admire on other female. Mine were paper thin and were splitting so much that they never grew. I always hated my hands.

Then I volunteered at an elderly home where I would do the nails for the ladies. Short story... I was soon browsing on the internet trying to find nail art to do on my new girlfriends nails to impress them.

And I came upon this website
www.nail-art.fr/

This young lady
(tartofraises , she as an English link to you tube)
is AMAZINGLY talented and she recommended Mavala on her nail grooming videos.

Mavala absolutely changed my life within 3 weeks!
I used it everyday for 10 days then twice a week.
I ordered it from Ebay.

I now own 110 different nail polish colors, I ordered nail art tools, water decals, stickers... from Ebay ( the cheapest).

Now people ask me if I have fake nails (even my sisters can't believe the results).

BUY Mavala scientific nail hardener, but it is very important that you read forums on how to use this product.

It should never touch the skin around your nails
(I use a small nail art brush and I apply Vaseline around my nails)
you should never apply it to the base of the nails, never apply it under your nails. etc

Don't over do it with Mavala, your nails will become too dry and too hard and they will brake. It is a bit drying, so I apply a nail cuticle every night ( smooth trick by Esse). And I apply oil under my nails ( Sally Hansen Vitamine E oil).

Once a week I rub the Sally Hansen oil on my naked my nails and I go to bed without nail polish.

Peace, love & creativity

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 4:39:00 PM More reviews by gatocarrapato

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Excelent!
The price is ok, because it lasts forever. It really works. Nails are super stronger after 1 week using everyday, 2 times per day. I recomend to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm in love. With this and Nail Magic. I use them together and my nails look so good, I receive tons of compliments on them--people asking if they're gel nails. What the Nail Magic couldn't quite do for my nails, Mavala has accomplished. I *may* be able to stop using the Nail Magic now...but am still a little scared to give it up. I will definitely update if I do, though.

I'm using this withOUT the Nail Magic on my thin, flimsy toenails and haven't had a single peeled or cracked toenail since I started using it! I'm stoked!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by Amandaa

Very good product, it does what he promises, since i started use this treatment i do not have broken nails anymore like i used to have all the time, i am very satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by AleksandraLesniak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product along with Hard as Hoof for about two months and my nails look incredible. I have to keep filing them down because they get too long. I like my nails at about 2-3mm of free edge but let them get to 5mm before I filed them down.

Obviously use the product as directed and don't expect miracles without having to take care of your nails in the process. Just like anything else, it may not work for everyone, but it's worked wonders for me. I recommended it to my best friend and she's seen the same results I have so give it a try! We bought it for about $11 which is worth it considering the little bottle will last 6-12 months.