Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

on 11/19/2013 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Must have for every women!!! Hardens nails after just a few uses and nails grow visibly quicker and healthier. I used it twice a week the first couple of monthes, now once a week is enough. And damn right this tiny bottle lasts monthes!!! ps: make sure you seal it with a base coat, as it won't work if put alone on nail.

on 9/15/2013 4:57:00 AM

Works great! Does exactly what the package says. Love it and i never thought i would actually find something that does the job :)

on 8/27/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I use this on a weekly basis. I purchase the nail protector/guide thing from Sephora, because I did not like to use he plastic one that comes with Mavala's hardner. Works wonderfully. Just remember only to apply to the free edge of the nail. One bottle will last at least 2 years even with weekly use.

Yes it has formaldehyde, so if you have concerns don't use the product. However formaldehyde is a great nail hardner and that's why it is in many nail hardener products.

on 7/25/2013 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Like many others I found Nail Envy did not work at all for me. Then I came across this in my local pharmacy and thought I'd give it a go. Amazing product! My nail tips were constantly peeling off in sheets to the point where they were transparent and bendy. No more. I have strong, white tips now! And they're GROWING! yes it contains formaldehyde so if you're concerned about that don't buy it.

Ingredients: Water, FORMALDEHYDE, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #1.
continued >>

on 6/10/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product works for me but my it makes my nails yellow…

on 5/15/2013 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the best product I've ever used for my nails. Before Mavala my nails would only grow up to 2mm of free edge. Even then, they would peel, chip, break, and bend. They were fairly weak and transparent.

I've been using this product along with Hard as Hoof for about a year and my nails look incredible. I have to keep filing them down because they get too long. I like my nails at about 2-3mm of free edge but let them get to 5mm before I filed them down.

Obviously use the product as directed and don't expect miracles without having to take care of your nails in the process. Just like anything else, it may not work for everyone, but it's worked wonders for me. I recommended it to my best friend and she's seen the same results I have so give it a try! We bought it for about $11 which is worth it considering the little bottle will last 6-12 months (I've had mine since July '12 and I'm only halfway through).

I have bitten my nails my whole life- 22 years! And finally stopped by painting my nails diligently but they would still get to a certain length and start to tear from the sides, as well as peel- wasn't really working.

Tried OPI nail envy for a couple of months- didnt make a difference. I then bought Mavala and at first didnt think it was working, but now I have been using it for a couple of months and it has made the biggest dfference. For the first time ever in my life my nails have grown a few mm past the end of my fingertip. They rarely tear and arent too hard, still quite bendy- cant wait to get my first manicure!!

Would definitely recommend- not really expensive for the outcome- tiny bottle lasts ages!!!

on 3/31/2013 6:53:00 AM

This product, like so many others on this page has said, WORKS.

I love having something on my nails. I HAVE to, its like i feel i can't go out without having my nails done. I always self do my nails at home.

I do my nails very often, changing polish every 2-3 days as i can't stand wearing out polish that has chipped off. Gradually i realised my nails were kinda getting weaker... i could feel the difference. Once i tried growing my nails to a longer length, and it split.

So then i knew i had to do something to strengthen up my nails, if it went on i wouldn't be able to grow it long without breakage, and my nails were not "shaped". I want my nails to be like a letter 'U', but because it is not thick/ strong, it sort of flares out at the white, which i always file off at the side in attempt to try and make it look better.

I went on to search for products that might help my nails. I didn't really do a long search actually, the products i used before this was just Sally Hansen Continuous Treatment and Nail Tek III. For both i couldn't feel any difference.. And I did even consider getting OPI Envy's treatments but because of the expensive price imo, decided not to.

So on MUA, when i was looking at other products, this product was just listed at the side bar. Since i saw it so many times, curiosity got the better of me and i clicked to read all the reviews. Seeing that so many people left positive reviews, i went on ebay to get it.

At the start i was like, heck, so much for just 5ml? But hey, its true. I used for close to 2 months now and its looks like its not been touched at all, maybe only a drop of it is gone. It will last you very long. I used one brush per hand.

I know they said 1-2 applications per week but i'm pretty impatient so at the start i did it as often i change my nail polishes, hoping to see results faster... :P Luckily no bad effects were done to my nail, and as i felt my nails getting better, i slowly reduced the usage until now, i am planning to use it 1-2 bi-weekly as i'm scared that too much might make it too dry and prone to breakage.

My nails are hard and properly shaped now, and i love 'em so much. Gonna use it on my mum and possibly my dad to help their nails!!

on 3/22/2013 8:06:00 AM

I bought this products after a long search for a treatment that would solve my nails' problems. I used to have very thin, weak nails that would break and split. I've tried almost every treatment from Sally Hansen, but they didn't help at all. Finally, I decided to use this one. It turned out to be a miracle. I would never believe it is possible until I tried.
After almost a month of using Scientifique my nails have become stronger, they almost never break or split anymore. I managed to grow them very long, which I had never done before. Now I've been using it for half a year and I apply it once in two weaks to maintain the result.
Following the instructions is very important, don't use it too often or your nails will become too dry and will get unpleasant cracks.

Popular Treatments