April 16, 2014 | 1239 users online

Polishes - OPI - Lincoln Park After Dark

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 5:13:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is hands down my favorite dark polish color. It`s vampy, it`s sexy, it`s a chic alternative to just plain old black.

At first glance, this looks pretty much black, but when it catches the light, the true, blackened-plum shade shows through. I literally could not stop looking at my nails when I had this on. With one coat, you get more hints of purple than with two coats (which renders full opacity, with zero streaks).

The formula is very thick and creamy (like most OPI polishes), and the finish is quite glossy (a top coat makes it even MORE beautifully shiny though). It is easy to apply and has a nice brush. I feel that this is one of the few polishes that would suit just about EVERY skin tone. From alabaster to mahogany, this polish will work.

There is something SO sexy about this (I can`t quite put my finger on it, but I always get compliments from men when I wear it). This is really more of a fall/winter shade, but I wear it year round because it is SO irresistible. This polish is a staple =)

BTW- With a base/top coat, it lasted a solid week with no chipping. And this is coming from someone who cooks and cleans.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by alixloring

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LPAD is my absolute, hands down favorite dark polish color! I've been wearing it for years. Perfect for the fall and winter, but I rock it all year 'round.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sexy and seductive color. I wear this shade during the winter time (oct-dec.) and I especially love it because it has a tint of purple in it. Color stays on for a few weeks and nails do not chip. All in all, a great color that truly lasts!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Mennazahra

Whenever I want a manicure and can't decide, this is the color I always go to. It's incredible! So opaque and creamy, gorgeous color, awesome name, amazing brush. And it's SO easy to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my FAVORITE fall/winter polishes. It's dark, but has the sexy purple vibe. Whether you have dark or light skin -- this polish always looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

SEXY understated color!! I get lots of raves and compliments from men, and I thought men only liked red or french nails!!!! There's something SO sexy about it, I dont know what it is, but I LOVE this color on my yellow toned NC20 skin! Love love love! HG. TOP 5 fave colors of all time~

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 5:50:00 AM More reviews by CityDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was initially relucant to wear a shade which almost resembled black, but since I tried it a couple years ago, I've been hooked!!! I love this shade. It's basically the new classic red, butt much more fashion-forward. There are of course very deep dark browns and blues which have been added to this category, but I'm still loving this particular shade. My questions to you ladies are do you think this color is still in style with deep blue being so popular and being introduced and becoming popular after it, and do you consider this polish a color you can wear as a neutral with any outfit no matter the color? For instance, if I'm going to be wearing a navy and red dress, or a red dress with touches of cream, do you think it's fine to choose this deep blk purple as more fashion-forward and youthful, rather than selecting a matchy-matchy classic red which seems so been there, done that as well as boring and predictable? What do you think?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 5:07:00 AM More reviews by joanne150406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this colour. At first I was a bit hesitant with this colour since I tend to wear either nudes, pinks or reds to work - but I tried it and fell in love. I find black to be too harsh on my skin tone and for this office so I've always shied away from dark colours but I think Lincoln park after dark is the most beautiful colour and has made me rethink dark vampy colours. It is the most beautiful dark purple berry black which looks so classy in the sunlight and in general. I got this as part of the opi top ten set and I can totally understand now why it it is one of opis most popular colours. If you aren't a fan of dark colours, I think this colour is the perfect introduction. I would repurchase again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by kazza1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love it . Looks great with almost any outfit Looks AMAZING on pale skin. Would buy over and over again, Wearabilty very good even after washing the pots!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by NPNewb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not that the clever names of nail polishes impact my buying decisions (okay, who am I kidding... the names are half the fun), the fact that this NP is a nod to Chicago automatically makes it awesome.

The thin, darm, creamy formula is perfect for weeks when I want to feel edgy, but not shimmery. I don't like dark polishes that have shimmer. It makes me feel like Miley Cyrus going through a goth phase. This polish feels more sophisticated. It's REALLY dark, though. Lots of people think it is black. Totally not though. At least I can tell the difference. And let's be real, I'm wearing it for me, anyway.

Two coats. Really thin. Chips pretty fast. Double up on tips and top coat, for sure. A good top coat.