Cover Girl CG Bronzer in Golden Tan

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Here is my story why I LOVE this bronzer..... I was looking for weeks online for a really good bronzer cause I feel it just finishes off my look and I really think thats what give you that healthy fresh glow (IF you get a good one) So I bought Too Face Chocolate Soliel bronzer and was sooo excited for it to come. I got it the other day and put it on, not really seeing a difference in my face I put more on with a blush brush instead of my powder brush and really nothing still. SO I got my smallest kabuki brush and put it on twice on each cheek. HORRIBLE all I looked like was a mess and dirty with a tint of red. Looked like I bought the wrong color powder. So on a whim I was at my local groccery store last night and saw COVER GIRLS GOLDEN TAN it looked pretty with a slight shimmer and I thought why not I can't not wear bronzer tomorrow and then I'll go look for a good one if it looks horrible. So I bought it for 3.99 and thought it would look cheap and barely there like most for me but NO it was so amazing color on my olive skin. It gave my such a healthy glow and was pronounced where I put it. It blended really well where I wanted it to be softer and I got sooo many compliments today on my complextion. IT is true just cause something cost and arm and a leg doesn't mean it's better. I will always buy this unless I find a mircale bronzer that is better which I dought I love how this looks on me. I bought Too Face bronzer for 24.00 and it looked like I had a rash(that's what my husband said) then bought Cover Girls Golden Tan for 3.99 and looked so fresh and with a healthy glow and got so many compliments today... NEVER think you have to spend alot to get a great product. I also like Freeman's and St. Helen's Facial masks, they are really cheap but have kept my skin looking really great

This was an okay product for me. At first I used it and hated it, so I hadn't used it for a while. Recently I picked it up again to see if it was really as bad as I remembered it to be, and I surprisingly thought that it wasnt that bad. One thing I noticed about it is that it smells DELICIOUS, and it pretty good pigment, but not as much as I would like.This was an O-K.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I've never worn bronzer so I wanted to start off with something inexpensive. I thought CG would be a decent brand to try, but I'm disappointed in this product.

First, the bronzer seems to be packed so densely that it's hard to pick up product with my brush. I've tried a couple brushes but the skinny little strip of color doesn't really allow for swirling my brush in to the product.

When I do apply the product, I have trouble getting even coverage. Again, I've tried a couple brushes and it just looks obvious that I have a slightly shimmery layer over my skin. If anything, it just looks like my foundation got oily and oxidized where I applied it.

Yes, this is inexpensive, and if you're on a budget or really determined, you can make this work. I don't know if it's just me, but the product pigmentation isn't great, the powder doesn't blend well and the little strip of product is way too skinny. This might as well be an eyeshadow since the pan is so small.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this yesterday, tried it on once, and felt that it didn't do anything for me. I returned it today. It was $8 and I didn't feel it was worth $8. I'm not normally a cheap-skate, but with bronzer it had better be worth it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this Bronzer! At first I thought it would look horrible because I have fair skin, but this was the only color color available at my walmart, so I went out on a limb and bought it. I'm so glad I did! On my fair skin, it gives a beautiful apricot flush. Its not orange, but just brightens my face and adds a hint if a peachy apricot shimmer. I love this bronzer!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yay for not having to spend $40 bucks on a department store brand bronzer! Yay to CG once again for offering a great bronzer at a fabulous price! I love the cute little package it's in because it's great for travel. I know the brush gets a bad rap, but in all honesty, I actually like having one! I do have a very nice brush set from Sephora, so that would be a better way to apply this bronzer. However if you're on the go, it's nice to know that you have a back-up brush handy in case you forget your brush set and great for touch-ups too!

I apply this very sparingly since I am very fair. A little goes a long way for me. It gives you a nice sun-kiss pop of color with a lovely sheen! I like to pair this with my CG Natural Glow blush for days when I want a little more color! It really imparts a gorgeous glow! Not muddy at all... just fresh and sunny. I am really starting to be a fan of CG blushes and bronzers... and I save a ton now not having to visit the Nars cosmetics counter! Now if I lose my makeup bag (like I just did... hence having to replace all my really good stuff with drugstore brands because I'm on a budget now...) it won't make me cry!

I got this product during a store closing sale at Hageens and thank God I got it for a super cheap price! I wanted to love this product, really I did. My first bronzer and it was a perfect color match! However, a week after using it I noticed that my cheeks where breaking out in the same trail as how I applied the bronzer (cheeks, hairline)! Also, the smell! It didn't smell after it was applied, however opening the case and sweeping my brush back and forth on it, it smelled terrible!

Like I said, wish I could've loved it, but nope, I'm still on the lookout for a good one.. Do not recommend for those with acne-pronce skin!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I seldom have breakouts, even rarer are breakouts around the cheek area.

Soon after using this product, I started noticing a trail of zits exactly where I put on bronzer. Not a sexy look.

Also, the brush that comes with it is laughably useless.

There are better bronzers out there, don't waste your time (and your face!) on this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

So SHINY! Well, not too shiny,but the glitter is distracting, even with the little in there. I'm a mac NC30, so this is a bit too light from me, but it works well enough. The most annoying part though is that the brush part takes up half of the entire package! Takes up too much space since I never use the brush... At least I have space. But besides space and glitter, works wonderful.

great buildable color and a beleivable tan on my MAC N5 skin tone. im much paler in colder months so i use this as contour and some brighter blush like NYX Mosaic in Love on my apples. but for the summer when i fake my tan (too freckly for sun exposure alas) i goes as contour and a light dusting on forehead and chin as well. it has that NOxzema-ey smell like all CG products wc i alwyas associate w clean skin :-) a staple and a keeper for sure!