September 2, 2014 | 1925 users online

Bronzers - Cover Girl - CG Bronzer in Golden Tan

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never worn bronzer so I wanted to start off with something inexpensive. I thought CG would be a decent brand to try, but I'm disappointed in this product.

First, the bronzer seems to be packed so densely that it's hard to pick up product with my brush. I've tried a couple brushes but the skinny little strip of color doesn't really allow for swirling my brush in to the product.

When I do apply the product, I have trouble getting even coverage. Again, I've tried a couple brushes and it just looks obvious that I have a slightly shimmery layer over my skin. If anything, it just looks like my foundation got oily and oxidized where I applied it.

Yes, this is inexpensive, and if you're on a budget or really determined, you can make this work. I don't know if it's just me, but the product pigmentation isn't great, the powder doesn't blend well and the little strip of product is way too skinny. This might as well be an eyeshadow since the pan is so small.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by teeputt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this yesterday, tried it on once, and felt that it didn't do anything for me. I returned it today. It was $8 and I didn't feel it was worth $8. I'm not normally a cheap-skate, but with bronzer it had better be worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by fairlyblonde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this Bronzer! At first I thought it would look horrible because I have fair skin, but this was the only color color available at my walmart, so I went out on a limb and bought it. I'm so glad I did! On my fair skin, it gives a beautiful apricot flush. Its not orange, but just brightens my face and adds a hint if a peachy apricot shimmer. I love this bronzer!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by mkinthecity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yay for not having to spend $40 bucks on a department store brand bronzer! Yay to CG once again for offering a great bronzer at a fabulous price! I love the cute little package it's in because it's great for travel. I know the brush gets a bad rap, but in all honesty, I actually like having one! I do have a very nice brush set from Sephora, so that would be a better way to apply this bronzer. However if you're on the go, it's nice to know that you have a back-up brush handy in case you forget your brush set and great for touch-ups too!

I apply this very sparingly since I am very fair. A little goes a long way for me. It gives you a nice sun-kiss pop of color with a lovely sheen! I like to pair this with my CG Natural Glow blush for days when I want a little more color! It really imparts a gorgeous glow! Not muddy at all... just fresh and sunny. I am really starting to be a fan of CG blushes and bronzers... and I save a ton now not having to visit the Nars cosmetics counter! Now if I lose my makeup bag (like I just did... hence having to replace all my really good stuff with drugstore brands because I'm on a budget now...) it won't make me cry!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by naeevee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this product during a store closing sale at Hageens and thank God I got it for a super cheap price! I wanted to love this product, really I did. My first bronzer and it was a perfect color match! However, a week after using it I noticed that my cheeks where breaking out in the same trail as how I applied the bronzer (cheeks, hairline)! Also, the smell! It didn't smell after it was applied, however opening the case and sweeping my brush back and forth on it, it smelled terrible!

Like I said, wish I could've loved it, but nope, I'm still on the lookout for a good one.. Do not recommend for those with acne-pronce skin!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:21:00 PM More reviews by dianxin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I seldom have breakouts, even rarer are breakouts around the cheek area.

Soon after using this product, I started noticing a trail of zits exactly where I put on bronzer. Not a sexy look.

Also, the brush that comes with it is laughably useless.

There are better bronzers out there, don't waste your time (and your face!) on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by angelwingsx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So SHINY! Well, not too shiny,but the glitter is distracting, even with the little in there. I'm a mac NC30, so this is a bit too light from me, but it works well enough. The most annoying part though is that the brush part takes up half of the entire package! Takes up too much space since I never use the brush... At least I have space. But besides space and glitter, works wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by juventas000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great buildable color and a beleivable tan on my MAC N5 skin tone. im much paler in colder months so i use this as contour and some brighter blush like NYX Mosaic in Love on my apples. but for the summer when i fake my tan (too freckly for sun exposure alas) i goes as contour and a light dusting on forehead and chin as well. it has that NOxzema-ey smell like all CG products wc i alwyas associate w clean skin :-) a staple and a keeper for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 1:36:00 AM More reviews by dianaec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow - I do the exact same thing as reviewer dbmiller!! I also have the Nars laguna bronzer and orgasm blush (but not the duo) and I like them but am always looking for less expensive dupes. Like dmiller, I find myself layering this bronzer over the CG Rose Silk blush or Plumberry Glow (a brighter pink). The bronzer is pretty light but it adds a glowy sheen and the blushes are just perfection. Just as good, if not better, than the Nars Laguna/Orgasm combo! I find the CG products last longer on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by BasiaMik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great bronzer! I just hit pan on my second one and was searching through makeupalley for a new bronzer. Surprisingly, the pricey lines don't seem to top this simple inexpensive bronzer. I'm very fair-skinned, so what I do is lightly dip my blush brush into it and sweep across the hollows of my cheeks for a slight contour. In the summer, I go all out and bronze my cheeks, temples, etc. It's also great as a light shade along the jawline. Much recommended! (Try this before you blow 30-50 bucks on an "okay" bronzer)