September 21, 2014 | 1145 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Nivea - Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ejp1217

This it the worst eye makeup remover ever.
I wipe this on the cotton-pad and it removes shadows + eyeliner + but not mascara.
Even if I do it several times, it doesn't remove it.
If you erase it with your fingers, (rubbing it on your eyelids and lashes), it removes more, but still, it doesnt remove make up even after several trials.

Oh, and if this gets in your eye, it stings like heck.

DONT BUY THIS ITEM.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2011 5:26:00 PM More reviews by xChocobunny

**Nivea visage eye make-up remover for waterproof and long-lasting makeup. White bottle.

It removes MOST of my makeup. It does burn only IF you accidentally get it in your eye. Which I usually follow with a shower, and qtip some of the product and swipe any of the excess off my top lip and undereye. Though if I shower later, I notice some of the (leftover?) makeup remover (like what you would see on the cottonpad after removing the eye makeup) under my eyes (Which I assume is from blinking..?) Not a big deal, quick swipe with some of the product on a qtip.
I will tolerate this until I run out, will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 6:01:00 AM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im reviewing the one with white bottle and white cap with no perfume, some people here review the blue one.

*Nivea Waterproof make up remover with chamomile*

This is excellent,wonderfull with gentle ingredients,it never burns my eyes,believe me my dermotologyst recommended this for me!
You will have some problems with waterproof make ups but actually all the eye make up removers have the same problem.
You should first wash your eyes and massage gently and then use this,no panda eyes ,no traces of makeup and as I read the ingredients it has an eye moisturizer effect ,you can read and judge.

Aqua, Isohexadecane, PEG-8, Glycerin, Poloxamer 124, Paraffinum Liquidum, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita Extract, Bisabolol, Steareth-20, Ceteth-20, Sodium Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glycine Soja Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I've been using it occasionally. It's been quite good at removing eye make-up, though I never remove my eye make-up first with eye make-up removers. At first I just wash my face and then remove any traces of make-up that are still left. This remover won't be good as your first step if you use quite a bit of make-up. It doesn't do the job properly. It does remove the traces gently thought. Why am I never going to buy it again? I have discovered that I get the most perfect "gorgeous" red eyes the morning after! Last time I used it, I got an eczema spot on my eye lid. That was it. I have binned it and am never going to buy it again. It's gentle and good if you are not overly sensitive (I am not actually) and if you don't use much make-up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by jillirific

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for "NIVEA VISAGE Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover" - the white bottle. I usually use a makeup wipe to remove my makeup but sometimes I don't like to waste a wipe if I just did some stuff on my eyes and nowhere else. That's where this comes into play! I like this because it's not an oily concoction like most makeup removers - it's a creamy lotion. It feels nice on my eyes, doesn't sting, works well and leaves no greasy feeling afterwards. Can't ask for much more! I like the packaging too - the small, 'flat' kind of bottle is great for travelling.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by rambow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this when it was in different packaging (pale blue tube with a screw cap) and I absolutely loved it.

I dislike using liquid eye makeup removers on a cotton ball or pad, because I feel like I am tugging at the delicate skin around my eye, which can't be good. I've also found that liquid eye makeup removers -- which you have to use a bit sparingly unless you want them to completely saturate and drip down your entire face -- don't remove every trace of eye makeup.

Well, this stuff is a creamy lotion that doesn't require tugging and pulling at your eyes. If you use it generously, massage it gently onto your closed eyelids, let it sit for a few seconds, then rinse off with lukewarm water, it gets everything off with no irritation.

When the packaging changed, I thought the product had been discontinued, and I have been looking for a replacement ever since. Right now, I have a tube of Neutrogena's eye makeup remover lotion. It's the same texture, same idea as Nivea's, but it doesn't work as effectively to get the makeup off. Still preferable to a liquid, in my opinion, however.

Anyway, now that I see the product is still made, just in different packaging, I'll be getting more as soon as I finish off my existing Neutrogena. Woohoo!

UPDATE: So, this is not quite as good as I recall. It stung my eyes a tiny bit when I accidentally got some in them. It is more fluid than the Neutrogena MU remover, and so can be a little difficult to handle. I think with practice, though, it MIGHT be just as good. The new packaging is more convenient than the old, for sure. But it doesn't seem to instantly dissolve my eye makeup the way I remember it years ago. That may be my memory, though, and not the product's fault :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by hat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rubbish! This is one of the worst eye makeup remover for me. Does not remove anything but eyeshadow which means if I wear eyeliner or mascara then this stuff is useless. Can't remember how much I paid for this, but don't think I'd get it again even it's free.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Worst eye makeup remover I've ever tried! As others have already pointed out, it doesn't remove makeup adequately (especially mascara, and I never wear waterproof stuff). I always wake up with black residue under my eyes. The worst thing about it for me, though, is the stinging and burning feeling, which lasts almost 24 hours. I do not recommend at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by xbanannax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As a disclaimer: I never use eye makeup remover because I just don't see what is wrong with soap and elbow grease. Aside from that, I don't like how my skin feels after, it doesn't feel clean. Am I suppose to wash my skin after? If so what's the point, why not just soap it up to begin with.

With that said I only have this remover because my sister gave it to me. To use it I put it on my eyelids and rub in lids and lashes, leave 5-10 seconds and wipe off. I never had stinging or hurting of the eye even when full of goop. All in all, it does what it says and quickly to boot. I don't have any complaints aside from what I stated above and that I prefer soap and water.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Natalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Horrid. I don't even wear water-proof makeup, but it wouldn't remove my mascara (I don't even use that much). I'd wake up to clumpy eyelashes, and it made them shed! My gorgeous lashes! You have to rub like a maniac to get the ink off your lower lid and it irritates it and dries it out. Costs a lot of money for a tiny amount.

All in all, everything I've ever used by nivea is poor quality.

My tip: use olive oil or rice bran oil. Gets rid of everything in a swipe and moisturizes your lashes, while the oil particles are too big to clog your pores.