July 30, 2014 | 1981 users online

Styling Products - DevaCurl - Angell

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by luckypenny68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

DevaCurl Angel Light Styling Gel - My hair is very curly and long so I'm always on the lookout for culy hair-friendly products. This gel works great on my hair. It is alcohol free and it doesn't leave a sticky residue. I apply it on damp hair and I let my hair dry naturally (no hair dryer). This gel makes my curls look more defined and "organized" if that makes any sense. Of course it is a hair gel so sure, it does leave the hair a little crunchy but not much at all. This is the best hair gel for my crazy curly hair and I'll absolutely buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by amandafailureprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at the professional beauty supply because I wanted a less expensive alternative to Ouidad Climate Control Gel. NO. I actually love the fruity smell, and the texture is nice, but this doesn't work at all for keeping the bad kind of frizz at bay (it's raining in L.A.!) and is awful for achieving the good kind of frizz (I actually like hacing big hair) because it's WAY too waxy and heavy when I use the amount I need for the desired hold on my type of curls (3b). I'm pretty bummed because I wanted to love this, but I don't see it working out. I will update if this works better in the long run, because as anyone with curly hair knows, our hair changes its mind like crazy.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by eylemelif

not so expensive for the amount you get. the most economical of the devacurl line. The only one i will repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've only recently started wearing my hair in its' natural wave pattern. After reading several blogs and websites dedicated to curly hair, I decided to try the DevaCurl line. I like Angell's texture and the softness it gives my waves. There's no crunchy texture or flakey residue. My waves are soft and separated, with the frizz greatly reduced, though not gone. I do wish the bottle had a pump for ease of dispensation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 12:52:00 PM More reviews by rolanda

Am so surprised by the bad reviews for this. It works beautifully in my hair, which is quite curly, quite dense, and a little more than medium thickness. I don't ever get crunch with this, which is what makes me love it. My hair dries beautifully, no wet look, no stiffness, no crunch, and best of all, NO FRIZZ or flakes! Also, I do not get any producty, dry feel as others are reporting. Truly, it feels like there's nothing in my hair at all, just nice soft, frizz-free hair.

I have to confess that I'm not sure what people mean by "hold" when describing a product. If it refers to not getting frizz, this definitly has hold for me. If "hold" refers to curl enhancement, I'm not sure - my hair is always curly, unless I straighten it, so the whole "curls don't last" thing doesn't mean anything to me. I put this in my hair after squeezing excess water out, and then either wrap my hair in a towel and go to bed, or if showering in the morning, just do my makeup and go.

Isn't it weird how some people will get crunch from something while others don't? Oh, I should add that I don't put anything else in my hair with this - I use it by itself.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by nunzi182

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really don't like this product. I feel that it leaves my hair dry and waxy feeling. In the morning I can bend my hair and it stays that way because this is almost like a molding agent. It's a very strange product. It's good to have in a pinch but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If it were truly awesome, I could get past the Sweet-Tarts smell. It's quite un-awesome, however, and I've been auditioning this product off and on for more than 2 years. The hold is medium, at best, and it dries customarily crunchy, which is fine. However once the crunch is scrunched out, I'm left with dull, sleepy curls, as well as the appearance and feeling that I've got . . . stuff . . . in my hair. By the end of the day, my hair feels dry and producty, and second day hair is an impossibility, given the feel. I've tried it on it's own, mixed with curl creme (Moroccan Oil), mixed with numerous leave-in conditioners, scrunched into sopping wet hair and partially dry hair, diffuser and air dried and absolutely nothing makes it work for me. In addition, a "reasonable" amount of product (nickel to quarter size for my thick, shoulder-length hair) does absolutely nothing. In order to get any effect at all, I have to actually use the "palmfull" that the bottle advises, making it tremendously expensive. I'm throwing in the towel and declaring this a total no-go for me, despite the occasional success due to magical and (apparently) tremendously infrequent dew points, star alignment, etc.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the scent of this and could not help sniffing the bottle. It is very light so those with finer curls might like this a bit better. I personally prefer a stronger hold since my hair is so thick. It doesn't go on sticky which is a plus and does define curls well. My hair didn't frizz as much or feel like it had any product. Would I buy this again? Probably, since I can always mix this with other products. But I like a product to have it all and this doesn't quite meet my expectations. Would probably try the leave-in next and see how that goes. I did however pair this with the set it free spray and had better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by InterplanetJanet

I wanted to like it. The smell is good but it really did nothing for my hair despite doing everything the "right" way. It didn't hold it and it seemed to make it dull. Won't buy again. Actually, none of the Deva products have really impressed me and I am not thrilled that I spent over $60 on them.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by owlcat75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchase this from a beauty supply store in my local mall in the giant professional size wIith a pump because I go through so much! I follow the CG method somewhat half-baked (washing with natural shampoo once per week, no cones or sulfates) so was naturally drawn to Devachan's line of haircare products. It has a nice non-sticky texture, glides through the hair easily, contains great ingredients, and smells kind of like sweet limes (kamikazi?) I only gave this 4 lippies because I have to mix it with another product (Ecostyler Krystal which IS sticky) in order to get the curl definition I'm looking for. I tried the Devacare Arcangell (supposedly for a more firm hold), but did NOT like the effect on my hair, it was left fluffy and ill-defined. I exchanged it for the original Angell and like it a whole lot more.