December 20, 2014 | 922 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Kajal Eye Liner Tigers Eye

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by ohtwicemyburn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely brown liner, appropriate for day wear. The formulation is gorgeous - silky smooth, it just glides right on. I like to make little dashes right by the lash line, and then take the pointy side of #28 to blend and connect the dashes. I do this because if I try to draw a solid line, I end up with far more product than I need, and it's more prone to smudging and migrating. A little goes a long way, and I can still create a dark, solid line if I connect the dashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 8:44:00 AM More reviews by venused

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe that this eyeliner isn't liked more! It's my favourite by a long shot. It's a great universal, wearable brown. It's not as dramatic as black, but definitely gives the eye some definition. But what makes it really great is how creamy it is... it just glides on the eye, no tugging or working with it required, even on the waterline. It smudges easily, but stays on once it sets.

The only thing I really dislike is the process of sharpening it. It's so soft that you really need a good quality sharpener. I learned that the hard way after trying to use my cheap years-old sharpener. I bought a new one, and haven't had a problem.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by chickatthegym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this eyeliner. I hadn't used it in ages and just got it out again as a nice summer alternative to black. It blends nicely and goes on pretty smooth. As far as Stila products go, this is one of the best!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2009 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Cerebro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is another product I'm kind of torn about. It's hard to apply - I definitely wouldn't recommend this to people who are new to eyeliner. It pulls and skips a lot. The packaging has cute designs on it, but you can't sharpen the point since it's a twist up.

But it's the color that I'm most torn about. It's sort of a reddish brown and I can see why it's called Tiger's Eye. I have brown eyes and it does make them look a lot darker but I also think it makes them look sort of burgundy lol. My friend swears it doesn't but I think it just makes them a really deep brown. It's better if I trace over it in dark brown eyeshadow.

But that will rub off throughout the day and when I go to take off my makeup I really notice the red, almost Indian Clay looking, color in the eyeliner. I guess that's the color underneath the top brown one.

I definitely won't be trying another of Stila's Kajal Eyeliner because of the packaging and the top color duration. However I will continue to use up Tiger's Eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2009 1:12:00 PM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im surprised this got such low ratingsI actually got this b/c I heard Angelina Jolie loves this liner in black. I was looking for a brown to be the brown since I have a drawer full of brown pencils that are not the right shade of brown I was looking for.

This liner comes in a really pretty designed pattern pencil; its creamy, easy to sharpen and exactly the deep brown shade I wanted. Its creamy enough to line without tugging at your eyes and it goes on very smoothly.

I need to say that the tip is quickly used up making it necessary to sharpen after only a few uses. When I sharpen mine I have to be very careful otherwise itll continue sharpening and product gets wasted.

I also like that on me it doesnt fade through the day and looks fresh until I take it off at night. I do think the price is a bit much but when I find something that works I stick with it and to me this liner is worth the price...or so I think.

UPDATE on 2/12/09: Although I am really loving this liner I am already half way through it! I get only a use or two before I have to sharpen again and at this rate I'll go through it in a couple of weeks! I already had to buy another one.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2008 5:06:00 AM More reviews by noahluvsmee

the pencil itself is really pretty. however, the color (a brown), looks horrible on me. i used it on my waterline, & it looks as if its red..making me looking like i have an infection. the texture is really creamy, so you have to apply lightly. if i were to purchase a stila eyeliner again, i would not recommend this color. id probably go for a black color.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by creativedreamer

I received this eyeliner in a Stila kit. I thought the pencil itself was lovely, but I didn't like the fact that I have to sharpen it. The eyeliner is too soft making sharpening next to impossible. The color is very dark, making it nice for going out. I like to line my bottom eyelid but with this liner it just squished out an uneven line. Sadly, I am dissapointed in Stila's kajal liners. And I had heard such great things about them too...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2008 2:06:00 AM More reviews by sumfinunique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Price: bought it in singapore which is cheaper then here in australia.. its reasonable (SGD$28 compare to AUD$36 which is ripoff.. but its USD$16 only. =[ )

package: the pencil itself is beautiful.. (silver covering didnt come off like some other's reviewers have said..) but the packaging it comes with (brown paper-like material) is awful. but i guess its enviro-friendly..

product: GREAT!!! love the colour, love the texture everything.. not suitable for lining the top of ur eyelids- its too soft.. i use liquid liner instead..
but on the bottom, it looks sooo natural!!
downsides (altho im not taking off a lippie.. hehe cos it doesnt matter much) its TOOO smudgy.. comes off easily - had to put powder on so it wouldnt smudge.. had to reapply sometimes in midday..

have tried other eyeliners but this is the best!! the texture, the colour.. ahh best!! =b

now on my 3rd pencil.. lol..

my HG eyeliner.. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 8:02:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Tiger's Eye is a deep brown eyeliner that's super soft, so you can easily smudge it after applying for a smokier look or just a softer line. Be careful not to rub your eyes while you're wearing it, or you may get a bit of transfer around your eyes. Definitely wear a primer with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by trshafer

Got this in a swap (along with two other Kajals). I love the texture--soft and creamy, no pulling on my eyelids. My skin (and eyelids) are dry, so I don't have any problems with this lasting all day. The Beautique pencil sharpener that Sally Beauty sells does an excellent job sharpening these liners, so there's no need to buy the Stila sharpener.