October 30, 2014 | 1189 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - Fantasy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by schristi2800

Love this perfume! Bought the gift set on holiday clearance for $10 at cvs. It lasts all day and I receive tons of compliments of how good i smelled. If you like cupcakes then you'll enjoy this. It is a little musky and strong. One to two spray is plenty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by princessreena

If I had to live on a deserted island and could only take one thing with me, it would be Fantasy by Britney Spears. Despite it being targeted to a more pre-teen demographic, I started using this last year when I was 18. I guess I was a sucker for the cute little bottle that looked like some type of mysterious magic potion. It was a little expensive ($19.99 for 1 ounce and $34.99 for the larger bottle) but I had a coupon so I decided to give it a go and as far as fragrances go that's cheap. I didn't expect too much from it, but the scent is to die for. It's sweet, but not in a sugary/candy way, more in a vanilla, fruity way. It's girly and playful but still very sexy, not childish. I spray A LOT, but it quickly goes from overpowering to lovely. It lasts for a long time, but I reapply it at night if I am going out. I get complimented on it constantly, even from complete strangers walking on the street! I love it, my girlfriends love it, and my boyfriend loves it too! That was a big plus for me because sometimes certain scents are off-putting to guys, but not this one! I don't think I would ever try another perfume. This one is perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

I really like this however, I wouldn't really wear it... I gave it a 4 because of the quality. You get a good amount for the money you are paying, the bottle is super cute and it smells super sweet... Like cupcakes or something. Definitely something for those who like gourmand scents like myself. However, I wouldn't wear this very often because I smell this on so many people. Too many people wear this, and I like to smell unique. A smell that isn't found everywhere.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by lovelymallie

Yikes!
This was my first perfume ever, and I got it about 4 years ago, when I was 12 or so..
Back then I loved it, but now I hate it! I have given it to my younger sister, and she loves it.

I think it's a really "child-ish" perfume, that a lot of younger girls love. Maybe because it's so super duper SWEET, almost OVERWHELMING sweet. Also the packagain, is pretty pink and princessy.

I have deffintly moved pasts this scent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by sillage

I'm wearing Fantasy EDP now and really enjoying it, even though I'm wayyy older than its targeted market. It's a soft, sweet, cheerful, vanilla-fruit perfume, for the most part. It reminds me of a fruit smoothie, but one mostly containing vanilla. Like 3 parts rich vanilla ice cream to 1 part fruit. It's sweet, but the creaminess and richness of the vanilla component keeps it from being sugary.

The most noteworthy quality of Fantasy -- for me -- is how seamlessly smooth it is. It's so rich and silky smooth -- like pouring heavy cream from a pitcher. The notes in Fantasy are completely homogenized into a unified whole like few other perfumes I've ever smelled.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Kiwi, Lychee, Quince
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Orchid, White chocolate, Cupcake
Base Notes: Woods, Orris root, Musk

There is a "white chocolate" heart note listed, and really, that note stands out the most, to my nose. It's as creamy smooth, rich, and vanillic as white chocolate -- and the other notes are smoothly incorporated -- but to me, the primary scent is that of white chocolate. I really don't smell florals or woods -- or even the fruits too terribly much.

The scent is full-bodied, rich, firmly anchored, and it lasts very well. It's sweet & fruity, but it's mostly a delicious smooth creamy white chocolate-y vanilla scent, to my nose. I like it.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by creedean

This product lasts all day... but not in a good way, at least on me. It had a super sweet fake plastic smell. It didn't give me a headache, but the smell sickened me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Although I have been wearing body mists instead of perfumes for a while, reviewing here on MUA the ones that I used to wear made me miss wearing a nice scent. Unsure as to what to try, I went to Amazon and scrolled through their most popular perfumes sold, and Britney Spears' Fantasy was on the first page. I was surprised, as I have seen it countless times at CVS, but the pink Vegas-esque bottle made me shy away from expressing any kind of curiosity toward this scent ("Must be a complete sugar overload for young girls - I'm not falling for this," I thought and kept walking). I don't know what possessed me that night, but after reading all the impressive reviews about Fantasy (quite a few of them finished with "Go get it Now!"), I went and ordered it for only $19 for 1.1 oz (30mL). I couldn't wait for it to come. Well, guess what? I'm joining the ranks of everyone who is in love with this sweet, heavenly scent.

Like many others, I find Fantasy quite sweet and sugary at first, but in no way is it unbearable, like Lacoste's Touch of Pink was for me (no offense). After thirty minutes, Fantasy settles into a warm and fluffy white chocolate aroma that is absolutely divine. It's impossible not to feel young, sexy, and feminine wearing this scent. I can see why so many men find it attractive! I can distinctly smell the freshness in Fantasy that is so wonderful and unexpected from a sweet scent. The staying power of this fragrance is fantastic as well - I have worn it to bed and numerous times could still faintly smell it the next morning. I love wearing this fragrance to bed and when I am home, but also find it brightens up my day at graduate school. If you would like to try a sweet and warm scent, give Fantasy a chance! I am so happy I have, and I will certainly repurchase!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The cupcake is a nice smell but doesn't belong on a lady.

However I couldn't possibly say that this smells good. This is very cloying. I think if you took Pink Sugar, Demeter's Sugar Cookie, Estee Lauder's Paradise, and some vodka and poured it into your well-used makeup bag, you'd have a very similar smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Teochasse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is an OK perfume,but nothing special.There are hundreds of these generic,sugary celebrity scents on the market similar to that one.Therefore it is very ordinary,predictable and boring scent.I would spray it once in a while,but it is not something I care for .This is a typical teenage girls cotton candy fragrance, so if you are 30+ it is not suitable for you.I own different perfumes and this perfume bottle is the one I like least.It just looks very tacky and cheap and the fuchsia color is irritating.I don't particulary care for any of Britney Spears other fragrances in fact,except for Believe,which is unique ,lovely perfume in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this perfume! I got it when I was 16 and have worn it sporadically ever since.
It smells very sweet, but not offensively so like some gourmand fragrances do.
I am not very good at describing perfumes but I am very picky about what I like and don't like. This is in my top 5 which I rotate depending on my mood. The others on my favorite list are Diors Forever and Ever, Diorissimo, Midnight fantasy, Chloe by Chloe edp and of course this one.
To me it smells like a magic love potion. It definitely changes its face during the course of the day, its very sweet,, almost fruity when you first spray it on, but it dries down to a musky, white chocolaty scent with a hint of vanilla. It is such a distinctive smell. I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but it certainly is mine.
Fantasy has a large silage so one to two sprays is enough. It also lasts all day...I apply it after my shower at 5 am and can still smell it come 5 pm.
I know I love this perfume because I used to buy it as a cash strapped teenager because it was the only perfume in my price range and yet now as a wealthier 21 yr old I still get it because it smells amazing!
Oh and the bottle is so perfect and pretty, bejeweled in green Diamante set against a pink bottle. I have about a dozen empty bottles on my dresser because they are far too beautiful to throw away.
It will forever have sweet 16 connotations for me but I mean who doesn't want to be 16 again?!