Elizabeth Arden Britney Spears - Fantasy

3.8

on 5/19/2014 8:02:00 AM

I've been on a mission lately to find the sweetest scent i can find. I've reviewed Prada Candy, Lancomes Elle La Vie Est Belle and Victor and Rolfs Bon Bon. I really enjoy cakey scents so it's a no brainer that I thought I was really gong to like Fantasy. I didn't that much though am really going to like Fantasy. Compared to the other ones, though, it didn't stand a chance. Fantasy Is so light I can barely smell it on myself and it doesn't smell of class like the aforementioned fragrances do. I think I am going to have to pick pick Prada Candy though, That's caramel overload though and is awesome Fantasy isn't terrible though It really does smell like cupcakes though but its geared towards more of a younger market that can afford this fragrance. Lancôme Elle La Vie Est Belle was my favorite out of the lot. A total class act of a fragrance and sweet to boot. Fantasies bottle is gorgeous and fits the scent perfectly. Fantasy makes me think of a rainbow in the sky make entirely of cupcakes and little pink unicorns are flying all about the rainbow. Cute little scent but not the best.

on 5/18/2014 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is too highly priced to indulge in on a regular basis when you can get similar scents 7 for $35 at VS (VS even has the smaller EDT ones like 7 for $35 I get!!), but this smells like very sweet & vanilla-y. It's beautifully done, & although I am not in the target age range demographic, I am a big fan of this & Curious. I am not a big Britney music fan or fan of her personal life choices, but this is a very nice perfume! I think of Jersey Shore, black eyeliner, & bubblegum pink lipgloss when I think of this scent. Snooki gave an honorable mention to this perfume in 1 of her books on "style." YMMV!!

on 2/27/2014 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Already repurchased this perfume once, I love it, always get compliments on it and it lasts all day.

on 2/2/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I first started using this when I was at school, so about 5/6 years ago and I've recently started using it again. I knew it smelt nice and it was on offer so I thought why not. It's not actually expensive anyway though in my opinion. Usually about £20 for the larger bottle, although it does vary between shops.
Personally I think it smells adorable and I always get compliments when I wear it. It's quite strong smelling so it's not going to be for everyone. Although because it's stronger smelling I find that one or two sprays will last all day, probably longer! It's sweet smelling but not so sweet that its intoxicating.
I know that its aimed at younger girls, probably early teens but I don't believe that should stop you wearing it. I wear as more of an everyday perfume but there's reason why it can't be worn for evenings as well. It's defiantly worth the money & I defiantly recommend it.

This was a sent that came out when I was 16. I remember it with fond memories,but the love ends there lol. I,even then could never wear it. On me it was a cloying puffy sugarrush headache. Very fake and artificial. Most people,especially younger ppl love this scent, its super cheap now to if you look around. Worth a sniff at least

on 1/10/2014 9:03:00 PM

Love this perfume! Bought the gift set on holiday clearance for $10 at cvs. It lasts all day and I receive tons of compliments of how good i smelled. If you like cupcakes then you'll enjoy this. It is a little musky and strong. One to two spray is plenty.

If I had to live on a deserted island and could only take one thing with me, it would be Fantasy by Britney Spears. Despite it being targeted to a more pre-teen demographic, I started using this last year when I was 18. I guess I was a sucker for the cute little bottle that looked like some type of mysterious magic potion. It was a little expensive ($19.99 for 1 ounce and $34.99 for the larger bottle) but I had a coupon so I decided to give it a go and as far as fragrances go that's cheap. I didn't expect too much from it, but the scent is to die for. It's sweet, but not in a sugary/candy way, more in a vanilla, fruity way. It's girly and playful but still very sexy, not childish. I spray A LOT, but it quickly goes from overpowering to lovely. It lasts for a long time, but I reapply it at night if I am going out. I get complimented on it constantly, even from complete strangers walking on the street! I love it, my girlfriends love it, and my boyfriend loves it too! That was a big plus for me because sometimes certain scents are off-putting to guys, but not this one! I don't think I would ever try another perfume. This one is perfect!

on 12/25/2013 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this however, I wouldn't really wear it... I gave it a 4 because of the quality. You get a good amount for the money you are paying, the bottle is super cute and it smells super sweet... Like cupcakes or something. Definitely something for those who like gourmand scents like myself. However, I wouldn't wear this very often because I smell this on so many people. Too many people wear this, and I like to smell unique. A smell that isn't found everywhere.

on 12/22/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Yikes!
This was my first perfume ever, and I got it about 4 years ago, when I was 12 or so..
Back then I loved it, but now I hate it! I have given it to my younger sister, and she loves it.

I think it's a really "child-ish" perfume, that a lot of younger girls love. Maybe because it's so super duper SWEET, almost OVERWHELMING sweet. Also the packagain, is pretty pink and princessy.

I have deffintly moved pasts this scent!

on 12/17/2013 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm wearing Fantasy EDP now and really enjoying it, even though I'm wayyy older than its targeted market. It's a soft, sweet, cheerful, vanilla-fruit perfume, for the most part. It reminds me of a fruit smoothie, but one mostly containing vanilla. Like 3 parts rich vanilla ice cream to 1 part fruit. It's sweet, but the creaminess and richness of the vanilla component keeps it from being sugary.

The most noteworthy quality of Fantasy -- for me -- is how seamlessly smooth it is. It's so rich and silky smooth -- like pouring heavy cream from a pitcher. The notes in Fantasy are completely homogenized into a unified whole like few other perfumes I've ever smelled.

Here are the notes, per parfumo.net:

Top Notes: Kiwi, Lychee, Quince
Heart Notes: Jasmine, Orchid, White chocolate, Cupcake
Base Notes: Woods, Orris root, Musk

There is a "white chocolate" heart note listed, and really, that note stands out the most, to my nose. It's as creamy smooth, rich, and vanillic as white chocolate -- and the other notes are smoothly incorporated -- but to me, the primary scent is that of white chocolate. I really don't smell florals or woods -- or even the fruits too terribly much.

The scent is full-bodied, rich, firmly anchored, and it lasts very well. It's sweet & fruity, but it's mostly a delicious smooth creamy white chocolate-y vanilla scent, to my nose. I like it.

Popular Fragrances