September 19, 2014 | 1159 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Ultra-Calming Foaming Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best facial cleansers I have ever used! It removes ALL of my makeup, including waterproof mascara and it does not sting my eyes. Best thing about it is that it does seem to be very gentle on my skin. I have oily, acne-prone skin, but a lot of facial cleansers make my skin feel tight and dry after I wass, and this one doesn't. I've already purchased a second bottle!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome at removing makeup! I'm in a circus, and this past week have been using this to remove the thickest airbrushing, paint, GLUE, glitter, intense eyeliner etc..it takes a few pumps but definitely gets it all off which is a small miracle. It also foams really nicely and my skin surprisingly looks a bit clearer...*but I'll update on that after using it longer*. That being said, I don't know how gentle it can be if it's that good at removing crap from your face.... But it hasn't irritated my oily acne prone sensitive skin either so ya I like this a lot so far :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This made my skin react something terrible. It looked and felt like my whole face was stung by a bea and did not really heal for 2 weeks or so. Don't get me wrong I really wanted to like this. So weird because I count on aveeno line so much for their positively radiant cleansers, moisturizers, as well as the clear complexion moisturizer and bb cream to never break me out or produce oil on my skin....but this one is by far the worst product I have ever used. Yes my skin is reactionary. But that is still no excuse. Shame on the line. Also the clear complexion cleanser was similar, but not as bad as this one. this one is by far the worst thing ever

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2014 5:46:00 AM More reviews by bandella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had rosacea since I was 15 (lucky me!) and have almost an additional 15 years trying to tame it. I tried this product once many years ago and stopped using it because it wasn't doing anything for me. After some recent research, I decided to give it another try, along with the Ultra-Calming Moisturizer. Hoo boy. I wish I hadn't.

Since my rosacea showed up, I've only had the redness, so I guess that makes me fortunate in one respect. Ever since I started using these two products, though, my rosacea has flared up with a vengeance and brought with it all the itchy, burning, and stinging sensations that I've never really dealt with before. I haven't changed anything at all in my diet or makeup routine, so I know it's either the cleanser or the moisturizer (or maybe both) that have caused this.

Granted, using both products in combination does make my extremely dry skin feel softer and more hydrated (though it's still flaky, but I'm not looking for a miracle here, either), but I've also noticed pimples showing up in places I've never gotten pimples before. And HOW. All over my cheeks (which is where I primarily concentrate with the cleanser, given that's where my rosacea is worst), but also my nose, chin, around my mouth, and basically just everywhere. So the marginally softer skin really isn't worth it for me.

I've been using these two products consistently for almost two weeks now, and it seems like everything's just getting worse. Definitely will not buy again.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dunk my head into a bucket of ice to try to calm down the stinging and burning that this stuff has caused.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by thinkingaboutyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this cleanser! It's very gentle on my skin and takes about 3-4 pumps if you've already removed your makeup. My skin feels very soft and has a slight glow immediately after use and going on to the next day. This is also great for removing makeup too, you just have to wash your face twice and it is gentle enough to use around your eyes. I don't remember the exact price, but it was less than $20 at my drugstore. Overall, I would definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by gjohal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleaned my skin but it would dry it out..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by tinaduongg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Hello everyone. Before I used simple foaming cleanser simple by sensitive skin experts. It didn't really help with anything, except removing dirt,oil and makeup. I recently started using this, as the winter is harsh and I am currently on acne medication. This face wash is really really nice and soothing. It doesn't dry my skin at all. In fact, my skin is more calm, smooth and glowing after this face wash. Definitely great for an everyday cleanser. I use this in conjunction with the clarisonic and my face feels super cleansed without the stripping of oils. I am surprised I have positive results with this wash, as usually most washes disappoint me. I highly recommend acne prone users to follow the doctor's/dermatologist's medication (such as tactuo or stieva- a) and use a gentle cleanser, instead of using chemical type of washes such as clean and clear, neutrogena, murad, philosophy, korres, Peter Thomas Roth, clinique or one henriksen. Those are just examples. But I'm just saying sephora facial washes have packed chemicals that are irritating. This aveeno wash has feverfew, which is meant to calm down irritated skin and help with sensitive skin. Good luck using this. This is my personal opinion and I am in no way affiliated with aveeno. I am a teenager currently battling acne hyperpigementation and acne :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by XJP

Been using this for awhile, it does make my face glow a bit more. But as for acne, it totally did not help with that whatsoever. I do like the light scent and how it evens my skin tone on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

I've only had this for a week but my slight acne has disappeared. I have sensitive skin so using a lot of products makes my face dry and red. This totally reduces redness and didn't dry me out at all. I also love that it doesn't make me oily either. My face stayed 'normal' all throughout the day. I still follow this with a moisturizer and my skin looks radiant!! I will definitely repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I bought this cleanser when it was on sale in my grocery store, and I am extremely pleased with it.

I am always looking for a gentle yet effective cleanser which is fragrance free and not filled with harsh ingredients. I have very dry skin on my cheeks (which reacts badly to most cleansers) and very oily nose and chin, and this is gentle on my skin whilst cleansing really well. It's even gentle enough to use around my eyes, to remove any eye-makeup remover residue left on my skin.

If I am wearing long lasting foundation, or more makeup than I normally do (and I wear a lot!) then all it takes is a few pumps of the cleanser applied to my face (without wetting my skin first) and massaged in, rinse my face with water and reapply a couple more pumps of the foam to remove any last traces of makeup.

No other cleanser has ever taken my makeup off so quickly and easily without causing dry irritated skin. I have never experienced any tightness after using this, nor any blocked pores. I will definitely buy this again.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, PPG-2 Hydroxyethyl Cocamide, Polysorbate 20, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, Citric Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Amino Acids, Sarcosine, Potassium Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride, Phosphate, Sodium Citrate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide